Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,814 members, 7,827,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2329708 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) (1266) (1267) (1268) ... (3516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:36pm On Aug 01, 2018
Na lie I dont want to believe cech as improve, we all know morata is Uber useless grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:36pm On Aug 01, 2018
Based on last season and this preseason, we can not start Bellerin and Kola. Both of them have been horrible to put kindly.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:37pm On Aug 01, 2018
Roland17:
Based on last season and this preseason, we can not start Bellerin and Kola. Both of them have been horrible to put kindly.
bellerin is a no no for me,I wonder why we didn't sell him off to Barcelona
I'm sure by now , he would have been in Atlanta on loan
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:45pm On Aug 01, 2018
sod09:
bellerin is a no no for me,I wonder why we didn't sell him off to Barcelona
I'm sure by now , he would have been in Atlanta on loan

My broda, Bellerin own worse pass. Bad positioning and pitch awareness, terrible passing and a host of others.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:58pm On Aug 01, 2018
Roland17:

My broda, Bellerin own worse pass. Bad positioning and pitch awareness, terrible passing and a host of others.
I wonder what bould is doing, ever since his appointment nothing to show for
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ndidibabe(f): 8:58pm On Aug 01, 2018
sod09:
yes...didn't you see the improvement in the team judging the 2 matches played.
I agreed it's was psg team B but that team beat atlectico madrid, I think what he's trying to say is we now have a large squad competition to play will be high too as everyone will want to impress unai.
What club do you support to start with?
Infant, I am even seeing more improvement now. Bellerin looks so sharp.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:04pm On Aug 01, 2018
ndidibabe:
is that all
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Unlimited22: 9:12pm On Aug 01, 2018
sod09:
is that all
cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by eph12(m): 9:56pm On Aug 01, 2018
ndidibabe:
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:14pm On Aug 01, 2018
Yeeeeee3eeee! Iwobi
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:30pm On Aug 01, 2018
I enjoy the way we stole the game
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 10:57pm On Aug 01, 2018
Bellerin, Kolasinac were horrible, mehn. They were the major negative in the game in which I think we played quite well and deservedly got a draw (and a win if you count penalty shoot out). Thankfully we have a significant upgrade on Kolasinac with Monreal; tried, tested and reliable. Litchstener might get more game time than I envisaged, will probably be first choice.

Guendouzi and Elneny seem to possess similar qualities with the former seemingly superior IMHO. I think Guendouzi might end up being a first team player, probably why Emery is giving him so much game time during this preseason to further build up his confidence. I see him being paired with Torreira who brings something different to the two mentioned.

BTW, almost every outfield player got some minutes except Ramsey. Contract talks not going so well? Welshman on his way out?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 12:21am On Aug 02, 2018
KevinDein:
Bellerin, Kolasinac were horrible, mehn. They were the major negative in the game in which I think we played quite well and deservedly got a draw (and a win if you count penalty shoot out). Thankfully we have a significant upgrade on Kolasinac with Monreal; tried, tested and reliable. Litchstener might get more game time than I envisaged, will probably be first choice.

Guendouzi and Elneny seem to possess similar qualities with the former seemingly superior IMHO. I think Guendouzi might end up being a first team player, probably why Emery is giving him so much game time during this preseason to further build up his confidence. I see him being paired with Torreira who brings something different to the two mentioned.

BTW, almost every outfield player got some minutes except Ramsey. Contract talks not going so well? Welshman on his way out?

While it is still too early, Guendouzi reminds me of Patrick Viera in so many ways. I remember stating I believe he is a first team player, however, I am not sure he would a starting 11, I will be shocked but supportive if otherwise.

As for Ramsey, I have no problems with him leaving if both parties are unable to agree on a contract, even though I believe he has made significant improvements with his game. I enjoyed the game and even though I did not see the high press, I think we were composed after the horrible first half.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 8:11am On Aug 02, 2018
Ramsey actually had a "minor" muscle problem before the game during warm up and got replaced by Smith Rowe.

And that's another issue with the guy, doesn't stay healthy for long and his constant flux in and out disrupts the team's chemistry. You can't build your team around such a player.

I won't be averse to the idea of having Guendouzi Torreira and Xhaka as first choice midfield three. Take the money for Ramsey if it's a decent offer.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:12am On Aug 02, 2018
KevinDein:

Ramsey got injured in the build up, if we going to lose him let it be asap so we can replace him just that our British players are reducing.
I wish welbeck a longggggg time holiday, I heard Perez enroute to Florence to agree 7m deal.
Too bad fam
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 9:32am On Aug 02, 2018
Yeah, Sod09 read it somewhere he was injured.

BTW, both teams played a suicidal high line yesterday (especially Chelsea). Teams like Liverpool would be salivating at the amount of space they'd be afforded with such tactics. Both coaches would probably adapt to such opponents? Time will tell.

Build up leading to the goal showed what a genius Ozil is. Most playmakers would have chipped the ball into the box and hoped for a 50-50 header. Ozil however had the presence of mind to pick a free Nelson and ultimately increased the chance of Arsenal getting that equaliser.
Most times the vilification and criticism he gets are undeserved.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:25am On Aug 02, 2018
KevinDein:
Yeah, Sod09 read it somewhere he was injured.

BTW, both teams played a suicidal high line yesterday (especially Chelsea). Teams like Liverpool would be salivating at the amount of space they'd be afforded with such tactics. Both coaches would probably adapt to such opponents? Time will tell.

Build up leading to the goal showed what a genius Ozil is. Most playmakers would have chipped the ball into the box and hoped for a 50-50 header. Ozil however had the presence of mind to pick a free Nelson and ultimately increased the chance of Arsenal getting that equaliser.
Most times the vilification and criticism he gets are undeserved.
sarri ball style is interesting but risky I was thinking same thing if they play city or Liverpool...too much body in midfield, they choked arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 11:11am On Aug 02, 2018
sod09:
sarri ball style is interesting but risky I was thinking same thing if they play city or Liverpool...too much body in midfield, they choked arsenal
Antidote; have your best passers (e.g Silva, Fabinho, Erickson, Guendouzi grin) lob the ball over the midfield bypassing the press and a winger (e.g Salah, Mane, Sane, Son, Aubameyang) run at the acres of spaces available. Voila.

Little wonder he lost to Man city home and away in last season's UCL. His system is pretty on the eyes though. He's like Wenger without the trophies grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 11:33am On Aug 02, 2018
KevinDein:

Antidote; have your best passers (e.g Silva, Fabinho, Erickson, Guendouzi grin) lob the ball over the midfield bypassing the press and a winger (e.g Salah, Mane, Sane, Son, Aubameyang) run at the acres of spaces available. Voila.

Little wonder he lost to Man city home and away in last season's UCL. His system is pretty on the eyes though. He's like Wenger without the trophies grin
he reminded me of wengay, but honestly speaking Wenger's style would have lost heavily yesterday cos they won the midfield battle with a young winger running riot on Bellerin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:53pm On Aug 04, 2018
If only Iwobi can shoot the ball. If only.....

Defensively, we seem to have switched from zonal to man/man and so far it has been better. That been said, we still need better tactics in defending set pieces.

1-0 Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:07pm On Aug 04, 2018
Roland17:

Defensively, we seem to have switched from zonal to man/man and so far it has been better. That been said, we still need better tactics in defending set pieces.

1-0 Arsenal.
iwobi Don tire me oo
He can't shoot to save his life
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:29pm On Aug 04, 2018
Roland17:

1-0 Arsenal.
You observed well. Man to man seem to be working but time will tell.

2-0
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:30pm On Aug 04, 2018
sod09:
iwobi Don tire me oo
He can't shoot to save his life
Emery seem to like him, hence his new contract and playing time. Hope he can learn to shoot.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:52pm On Aug 04, 2018
Spy360:

Emery seem to like him, hence his new contract and playing time. Hope he can learn to shoot.
yeah...he's full of potential sha
But guendouzi how did we get lad sooo cheap if Guardiola handle this boy oh boy.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:39am On Aug 05, 2018
Liechteiner doesn't have pace but he uses experience by making right call in positioning. He also love long aerial pass
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 12:04pm On Aug 05, 2018
sod09:
Liechteiner doesn't have pace but he uses experience by making right call in positioning. He also love long aerial pass

Baba,
You are correct!!! Unlike Bellerin, his positioning and field awareness is still top notch while his conditioning is still good but I am not sure he can play 3 consecutive 90 min games, that may be asking too much from him. More so, I have wondered if we could partner him and Sokratis in some games. I think he would thrive as a CB also.

I have also observed that we are transitioning quicker from defense to offense with long balls and it’s not just Lichtsteiner, I think it’s Emery’s way of catching opponents unawares. I saw lot of quick long passes from deep and they were mostly accurate.

Overall we had a good preseason, however, that may mean nothing as we also played a lot of young players who may not see first team action. Hopefully, we can enjoy a decent start to the season, build momentum and confidence from there especially away from home where we have struggled.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 12:09pm On Aug 05, 2018
Roland17:

Baba,
You are correct!!! Unlike Bellerin, his positioning and field awareness is still top notch while his conditioning is still good but I am not sure he can play 3 consecutive 90 min games, that may be asking too much from him. More so, I have wondered if we could partner him and Sokratis in some games. I think he would thrive as a CB also.

I have also observed that we are transitioning quicker from defense to offense with long balls and it’s not just Lichtsteiner, I think it’s Emery’s way of catching opponents unawares. I saw lot of quick long passes from deep and they were mostly accurate.

Overall we had a good preseason, however, that may mean nothing as we also played a lot of young players who may not see first team action. Hopefully, we can enjoy a decent start to the season, build momentum and confidence from there especially away from home where we have struggled.
yeah ..like the build up to Nelson's goal I think it's was a defender that pushed the ball to release Maitland
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 12:25pm On Aug 05, 2018
Roland17:

Baba,
You are correct!!! Unlike Bellerin, his positioning and field awareness is still top notch while his conditioning is still good but [b]I am not sure he can play 3 consecutive 90 min games, that may be asking too much from him. More so, I have wondered if we could partner him and Sokratis in some games. [/b]I think he would thrive as a CB also.

We won't be needing him to play so many games. Just those against the better sides where his better understanding of the game, tactically, would come in handy. His experience will offset the yard or two he's lost in pace. Bellerin should play against the Bournemouths, Palace, Brightons etc.

In other news, we probably won't have any of our natural left backs for the start of the season and Ramsey doesn't look like signing the thing.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 1:30pm On Aug 05, 2018
KevinDein:

We won't be needing him to play so many games. Just those against the better sides where his better understanding of the game, tactically, would come in handy. His experience will offset the yard or two he's lost in pace. Bellerin should play against the Bournemouths, Palace, Brightons etc.

In other news, we probably won't have any of our natural left backs for the start of the season and Ramsey doesn't look like signing the thing.
can we sell Ramsey already...we don't want any bad blood since sanchez
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 05, 2018
sod09:
can we sell Ramsey already...we don't want any bad blood since sanchez
I say sell! use the money buy Vida, mid-field is already saturated.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 1:41pm On Aug 05, 2018
kokaneprodigy:
I say sell! use the money buy Vida, mid-field is already saturated.
I'm not sure of that Vida oo, we better buy a winger
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 05, 2018
sod09:
I'm not sure of that Vida oo, we better buy a winger
who would you bench for the winger

(1) (2) (3) ... (1262) (1263) (1264) (1265) (1266) (1267) (1268) ... (3516) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Lana1(m), Sportsweb, BlueRayDick, Oasis007(m), MrJaay(m), iamoyindamola(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.