Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,908 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (562) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2299427 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) ... (3478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 12:45am On Sep 03, 2015
purplekayc:
Who be this I beg?
A certain seVenteen year old in the squad

I am not one to hype but personally that kid is by far the best prospect we have in the academy right now..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:53am On Sep 03, 2015
raumdeuter:

If you are looking for an out and out striker, were you struck by Night blindness when Dzeko, Jackson Martinez and Mandzukic were being transferred?
Those ones are on the same level with Giroud. They would increase our striking options but they would also increase the number of mediocres in our team.

We were after strikers who are capable of keeping Giroud on the bench. The likes of Benzema, Lewandoski, Cavani etc. Obviously they are in big clubs and their owners would not want to sell due to lack of replacements.

Meanwhile, Arsenal fans planned a huge protest yesterday...

...No one turned up.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 5:52am On Sep 03, 2015
edi287:

Exactly. Same thing over and over again for the last 5 years. I call it the "Arsenal Cycle".

Lol
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:19am On Sep 03, 2015
Pataki:
But seriously guys, where is the quality striker out that?

If the quality striker was out there, you think ManU will cough out 36m for one unknown teenager in Ligue1?
there were quality striker....its manure dependence on Rooney dat costed dem
Nd AW stupidity nd arrogance.... Ok
Let's list dem...
Dybala, manzukic, Martinez, bacca etc..
Wenger had d chance to get one of these players b4 day move, nd day may not be d world class type but u can't tell me day aren't good enough for arsenal nd also provide competition for giroud..
Wenger over trust his players nd he's been betrayed countless times, so y will d man be so dumb to do dat again
Every one knows we need a striker y is he thinking other wise...lets wait till may with another excuse dat we are close
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:27am On Sep 03, 2015
Spy360:
Those ones are on the same level with Giroud. They would increase our striking options but they would also increase the number of mediocres in our team.

We were after strikers who are capable of keeping Giroud on the bench. The likes of Benzema, Lewandoski, Cavani etc. Obviously they are in big clubs and their owners would not want to sell due to lack of replacements.

...No one turned up.
dude wat d hell
Y making excuses for wenger
If he's looking for striker that can keep giroud on bench den he's a big clown.... If u say so den lukaku, banteke, Charlie Austin, nd Kane can all keep giroud on bench because considering there stats day have more goals Dan him
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 8:47am On Sep 03, 2015
purplekayc:
Who be this I beg?
A certain seVenteen year old in the squad

That boy is a genius with the ball. I hope he is featured soon. A pure wonderkid to watch.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 8:52am On Sep 03, 2015
proudlysports:

Barcelona have a transfer ban yet they bought more players than Arsenal

And yet their last game against Malaga, their MSN could not find the net for 90 minutes. It took a Verminator (a defender) who had been rotting on the bench to score their only winning goal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Tval(m): 9:05am On Sep 03, 2015
Pataki:

You need a dose daga+phensic for carrying Arsenal matter for head. Had Arsenal bought that 19 yr old kid, it is your likes that will come here and start spewing megedefegede again. Nothing can satisfy you eyin omo-adamo.

Omugo machine.

Abeg Tval come and play Ebenezer Obey - Baba, Omo ati ketekete for Ramudeen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPlk0WIlrgI
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 9:14am On Sep 03, 2015
Tval:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPlk0WIlrgI

Thank you bros!

Ramudeen, enjoy.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 9:25am On Sep 03, 2015
Pataki:

And yet their last game against Malaga, their MSN could not find the net for 90 minutes. It took a Verminator (a defender) who had been rotting on the bench to score their only winning goal.
Don't even begin to try going there, that trio scored more goals last season, than any Arsenal squad probably ever has.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chrisley024(m): 9:28am On Sep 03, 2015
edoyad:

Don't even begin to try going there, that trio scored more goals last season, than any Arsenal squad probably ever has.
allow Pataki to be consoling himself.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 9:29am On Sep 03, 2015
edoyad:

Of course you are right. But my point is that even the best strikers in the world can be found missing in a game attimes.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 9:32am On Sep 03, 2015
chrisley024:
allow Pataki to be consoling himself.

LOL manure fan what do you have to console yourself? Rooney, Depay and Martial?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 9:37am On Sep 03, 2015
Pataki:

Of course you are right. But my point is that even the best strikers in the world can be found missing in a game attimes.

Nobody is talking about one off games. Over the course of a season, come back and compare Barcelona and Arsenal.

By the way, Verminator was not "rotting" on the bench last season. He was injured for most of the season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chrisley024(m): 9:40am On Sep 03, 2015
Pataki:

LOL manure fan what do you have to console yourself? Rooney, Depay and Martial?
LVG is stvpid I accept, why is it hard for you to accept the same for Wenger? Any team without good strikers is toothless. They can only entertain their fans and end the season with nothing.

Btw, our attack has more goals than yours.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hardetayour: 9:52am On Sep 03, 2015
sod09:
there were quality striker....its manure dependence on Rooney dat costed dem
Nd AW stupidity nd arrogance.... Ok
Let's list dem...
Dybala, manzukic, Martinez, bacca etc..
Wenger had d chance to get one of these players b4 day move, nd day may not be d world class type but u can't tell me day aren't good enough for arsenal nd also provide competition for giroud..
Wenger over trust his players nd he's been betrayed countless times, so y will d man be so dumb to do dat again
Every one knows we need a striker y is he thinking other wise...lets wait till may with another excuse dat we are close
So u want to tell us Dybala and Bacca are better than Giroud? Hell, I'll even have preferred Manzukic but not Dybala and Bacca.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:08am On Sep 03, 2015
Hardetayour:
So u want to tell us Dybala and Bacca are better than Giroud? Hell, I'll even have preferred Manzukic but not Dybala and Bacca.
so does dat min they are not good enough for arsenal or compete with giroud
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 10:08am On Sep 03, 2015
Pataki:

I get what you're saying. This will be Giroud's third season with us, Walcott's tenth. Come on Man !!! Nobody is asking Mr Gru to throw money in a well, but, at least act like you're trying to improve that offensive line.
Okay, you say there are no strikers available, then get the right wing version of Alexis. There's no law that says we must play with a no. 9

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hardetayour: 10:25am On Sep 03, 2015
sod09:
so does dat min they are not good enough for arsenal or compete with giroud
YES.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by slimkhan(m): 10:26am On Sep 03, 2015
it already been don let just put fate in dis dude day gat
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chrisley024(m): 10:36am On Sep 03, 2015
Hardetayour:
so how are you sure these guys won't score more than Giroud in this team. Do you even know how many chances Arsenal create in a game? Arsenal created about 22 in their last game but needed an own goal to win.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:42am On Sep 03, 2015
Hardetayour:
YES.
ok....u just like wenger
Dybala was d sec top scorer in Italy
Bacca help sevilla wit Europa
Wat did giroud do....he helped us lose Monaco tie nd also f.a
Great records...lol
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 10:50am On Sep 03, 2015
Spy360:

...No one turned up.
Dzeko is not on the same level with Giroud, He is better.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by slimkhan(m): 10:59am On Sep 03, 2015
Keky:
Dzeko is not on the same level with Giroud, He is better.
how
is is he better
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 11:08am On Sep 03, 2015
edoyad:

I get what you're saying. This will be Giroud's third season with us, Walcott's tenth. Come on Man !!! Nobody is asking Mr Gru to throw money in a well, but, at least act like you're trying to improve that offensive line.
Okay, you say there are no strikers available, then get the right wing version of Alexis. There's no law that says we must play with a no. 9

I get your point. But if you must note, since August 2013, we have added to our squad players such as: Mesut Ozil (£42.5m), Danny Welbeck (£16m), Alexis Sanchez (£32m), Debuchy (£12m), Petr Cech (£10m), Calum Chambers (£16m), David Ospina (£4m), not forgetting the likes of Coquelin who was brought back from loan and has sealed himself off in the team. These players have improved Arsenal very well. I remember just before we bought Welbeck, most Arsenal fans were suggesting we buy Balotelli. Liverpool rather bought Balotelli for the same £16m as Welbeck. The same Balotelli has been shipped off from Liverpool.

A part of me wanted a new striker, but if they are not readily available, what can be done?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hardetayour: 11:17am On Sep 03, 2015
chrisley024:
so how are you sure these guys won't score more than Giroud in this team. Do you even know how many chances Arsenal create in a game? Arsenal created about 22 in their last game but needed an own goal to win.
And how sure are you these same guys won't mess those chances up?. Giroud didn't even start the game against Newcastle (Arsene's ability to Bleep things up as Giroud almost always scores against N'castle). Because Giroud doesn't score doesn't mean these guys you mentioned would score. How has Dybala/Mandzukic stopped Juventus from losing their first 2 games of the season?. Football isn't 1+1

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Funpeter: 11:39am On Sep 03, 2015
proudlysports:
If you want a player, you go for him. It's not all the time you wait for player to be available or club to be willing to sell player. Big clubs sometimes need to push hard to get their man.
Thats the tactics wenger like imploring......
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 12:03pm On Sep 03, 2015
Hardetayour:
And how sure are you these same guys won't mess those chances up?. Giroud didn't even start the game against Newcastle (Arsene's ability to Bleep things up as Giroud almost always scores against N'castle). Because Giroud doesn't score doesn't mean these guys you mentioned would score. How has Dybala/Mandzukic stopped Juventus from losing their first 2 games of the season?. Football isn't 1+1
do u even hear yourself this two are new in d team.... Giroud has been here
Btw dybala came on nd scored..
Manzukic would av if not for szcenzy brilliance..at least there presence were felt
Ok...did u not see dzeko impact in d game too
Giroud didn't start d game but had d best opportunity, he was through one on one with krul
I'm sure Walcott will feel unlucky not to av dat chance
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chrisley024(m): 12:40pm On Sep 03, 2015
Hardetayour:
Why asking me same question I asked? Football like everything is risk or you want to tell me you're absolutely sure Benzema/Cavani would perform better than Giroud?

Since these top strikers aren't available, is it not wise to have one of the above mentioned players as backup than none, try the two and make the better player 1st? Competition is crucial for a team.

Truth is that Walcott thrives where there's space and CF especially against lower teams in EPL hardly have such.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 1:21pm On Sep 03, 2015
Pataki:
I remember just before we bought Welbeck, most Arsenal fans were suggesting we buy Balotelli. Liverpool rather bought Balotelli for the same £16m as Welbeck. The same Balotelli has been shipped off from Liverpool.

And you don't think if we had opportunity of getting a striker like Benteke, we shouldn't just send Welbeck away (on loan or permanently)?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 1:38pm On Sep 03, 2015
proudlysports:

And you don't think if we had opportunity of getting a striker like Benteke, we shouldn't just send Welbeck away (on loan or permanently)?

Na wa oh! Benteke is just about injury prone as Welbeck. Replace an injury prone with just about another one who is also a red card potential candidate for £32.5m?

Continue.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 1:56pm On Sep 03, 2015
proudlysports:
If you want a player, you go for him. It's not all the time you wait for player to be available or club to be willing to sell player. Big clubs sometimes need to push hard to get their man.

This is the problem I have with many of you. You conclude we didn't 'push hard' because we didn't get a player we wanted, while in reality we may have pushed as hard as we could but still failed to get that player.

Chelski is a big club right? They 'pushed hard' for Stones offering ridiculous amounts of money but failed. If not that they did their business in the open, y'all wouldn't know about that.

I am convinced we did try to sign players but failed to do so, not because Arsene felt he didn't need any signings, but likely because he couldn't pull off the signings he wanted. Whether he was chasing realistic targets/had fall back options is a different matter.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) ... (3478) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Jodera and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.