Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (563) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2319976 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) ... (3491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 1:59pm On Sep 03, 2015
No one is happy the club didn't sign more players, however as someone who didn't just start supporting the team, I've seen worse - compared to the start of last season, we've effectively strengthened in the GK, defence and midfield positions.

Yes the striking department could be better, and even Wenger admitted that he wanted more goals. I do think there's a shortcoming there but I do not believe it's because the coach didn't 'try' or wasn't willing to sign players.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 2:42pm On Sep 03, 2015
Welbeck out for 'months' after knee surgery. . . .expect more gloom and doom from the 'Wenger is arrogant for not signing players' brigade. cheesy cheesy

Really disappointed for the boy. . . .Giroud's indifferent form was a real opportunity for someone else to step in and make a claim for top striker.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 2:58pm On Sep 03, 2015
Was just about to break the sad news.

There's no use wasting time discussing Wenger's arrogance (or non). We just have to hope and pray for Giroud now. As it is Campbell seems to be the next option we have close enough to playing that role as I don't rate Alexis or Theo in that role.

If you've supported Arsenal for more than 10 years now then this shouldn't be too difficult to handle.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 3:07pm On Sep 03, 2015
debosky:
Welbeck out for 'months' after knee surgery. . . .expect more gloom and doom from the 'Wenger is arrogant for not signing players' brigade. cheesy cheesy

Really disappointed for the boy. . . .Giroud's indifferent form was a real opportunity for someone else to step in and make a claim for top striker.

He will come back as LANS in January. cheesy Poor Welbeck.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 3:23pm On Sep 03, 2015
Lmao
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:38pm On Sep 03, 2015
sod09:
dude wat d hell
Y making excuses for wenger
If he's looking for striker that can keep giroud on bench den he's a big clown.... If u say so den lukaku, banteke, Charlie Austin, nd Kane can all keep giroud on bench because considering there stats day have more goals Dan him
No, I am not making any excuses for him. Infact I was criticising him, only that I do it objectively.

First I mentioned that he could have signed a striker to increase the number we have, but then the drawback would be filling spaces with players of the same level as what we have.

Mind you, those players you mentioned cannot bench Giroud. Last summer you thought Welbeck would but he didn't, again you said Walcott, but he also couldn't.

Giroud was Ligue 1 top scorer when we signed him from Montpellier after they won the league. If it were today, you would have called AW stupid for not signing him.

Giroud is not a top striker, but he gives a performance. It takes a really good striker to bench him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 3:41pm On Sep 03, 2015
Lukaku and Benteke are now better than Giroud? undecided

What won't I hear on this thread all in the name of signings. . . .I guess we'll have to endure this till we get actual Arsenal footie again. angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:46pm On Sep 03, 2015
Keky:
Dzeko is not on the same level with Giroud, He is better.
If AW had signed Dzeko you would be the first to complain.

He was sent out on loan by City to rebuild his career before he rots on the bench.

My friend, Dzeko is not better than Giroud, they are fellow mediocres.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2015
Well well well, Wellbeck's gone, and you all know Sir Tey Tey Le Cott's is just around the corner. Let me just relax like Denzel and relive this deja vu
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:03pm On Sep 03, 2015
During The Summer of Last Season

They wanted us to sign Ballotelli, Arsene instead signed Alexis, now who is better off?

They wanted us to sign Falcao on deadline day, instead Arsene signed Welbeck. What happened? Falcao became a flop...

... Ok Welbeck flopped too, but Falcao flopped more. cheesycheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 4:42pm On Sep 03, 2015
Spy360:
If AW had signed Dzeko you would be the first to complain.

He was sent out on loan by City to rebuild his career before he rots on the bench.

My friend, Dzeko is not better than Giroud, they are fellow mediocres.
Same Dzeko that won the league for city when Aguero was out injured, shior. Dzeko is miles better than that lamp post.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 4:50pm On Sep 03, 2015
Spy360:
No, I am not making any excuses for him. Infact I was criticising him, only that I do it objectively.

First I mentioned that he could have signed a striker to increase the number we have, but then the drawback would be filling spaces with players of the same level as what we have.

Mind you, those players you mentioned cannot bench Giroud. Last summer you thought Welbeck would but he didn't, again you said Walcott, but he also couldn't.

Giroud was Ligue 1 top scorer when we signed him from Montpellier after they won the league. If it were today, you would have called AW stupid for not signing him.

Giroud is not a top striker, but he gives a performance. It takes a really good striker to bench him.
Yh after scoring 21 goals in a useless league, Same Benteke scored 23 goals in all competitions for Aston Villa, and 19 in EPL, while the World Class Giroud could only mange 15 in a better team. Put Giroud in that Aston Villa team and let's see if he is gonna score 23 in a season. Giroud signed for £12M and he delivers what a £12M striker does. Not his fault Sha.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 4:52pm On Sep 03, 2015
Congratulations ooo
Our striker welbeck is out until Xmas or let's say new year....giroud is mis firing , Walcott is not a striker
J Campbell isn't ready..
I hope AW has something to say
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 4:52pm On Sep 03, 2015
Spy360:

Like the one He gave against Monaco? Hahahaha.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 4:55pm On Sep 03, 2015
debosky:
Lukaku and Benteke are now better than Giroud? undecided

What won't I hear on this thread all in the name of signings. . . .I guess we'll have to endure this till we get actual Arsenal footie again. angry
so giroud is better Dan dem
These two came in to epl with giroud
They were playing for lesser team nd do u know there scoring record
Giroud had more chances nd opportunities
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 5:00pm On Sep 03, 2015
Giroud(Arsenal) 102 apps 42 goals, Benteke (Aston Villa) 88 apps 42 goals. Former plays with one of the best midfielders in the league and also one of the best team, while Latter plays for a mid table/bottom table team.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 5:15pm On Sep 03, 2015
Keky:
Giroud(Arsenal) 102 apps 42 goals, Benteke (Aston Villa) 88 apps 42 goals. Former plays with one of the best midfielders in the league and also one of the best team, while Latter plays for a mid table/bottom table team.

On that basis I'm sure you'll claim Charlie Austin sef is better than Giroud eh? cheesy

Not to worry, they'll play with comparable midfields this season and we'll measure output.

Let me just say this - Giroud's greatest attribute is not his goalscoring. It is the way he enables other players to get more involved in the game that makes him so important to the side.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 5:18pm On Sep 03, 2015
debosky:

On that basis I'm sure you'll claim Charlie Austin sef is better than Giroud eh? cheesy

Not to worry, they'll play with comparable midfields this season and we'll measure output.

Let me just say this - Giroud's greatest attribute is not his goalscoring. It is the way he enables other players to get more involved in the game that makes him so important to the side.
Please what is the Job of a striker? Would you take Giroud over Dzeko? Put Giroud in that Qpr team and see if he is gonna score up to Austin.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 5:18pm On Sep 03, 2015
Keky:
Like the one He gave against Monaco? Hahahaha.

Tell us what 'top striker' Costa did against PSG will you? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 5:20pm On Sep 03, 2015
debosky:

And of course this helps to win games

Arsenal vs Team A

Goals 0 - 0
Linkup By Striker 5 - 1

Arsenal wins the points

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 5:23pm On Sep 03, 2015
debosky:

Tell us what 'top striker' Costa did against PSG will you? cheesy
He still won them the league, with his goals. What has Giroud won for Arsenal?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 5:23pm On Sep 03, 2015
pickabeau1:

Arsenal vs Team A

Goals 0 - 0
Linkup By Striker 5 - 1

Arsenal wins the points

grin grin grin grin grin
looool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 5:25pm On Sep 03, 2015
Keky:
Please what is the Job of a striker? Would you take Giroud over Dzeko?

To score goals - Giroud does that. But he does more than that is the point. His link up play that brings goal scoring midfielders like Ramsey into play is invaluable.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 5:26pm On Sep 03, 2015
debosky:

To score goals - Giroud does that. But he does more than that is the point. His link up play that brings goal scoring midfielders like Ramsey into play is invaluable.
Giroud or Dzeko?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 5:39pm On Sep 03, 2015
pickabeau1:

Arsenal vs Team A

Goals 0 - 0
Linkup By Striker 5 - 1

Arsenal wins the points

grin grin grin grin grin

Oh I can do better than that. Benteke's 42 in 88 apps is better than Giroud's 42 in 102 apps.

Benteke has a better goals/apps ratio, Giroud (not Benteke cheesy) scores in FA Cup final, Arsenal wins the cup grin

Bad belle cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 5:39pm On Sep 03, 2015
Keky:
Giroud or Dzeko?

Giroud every day of the week.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 5:43pm On Sep 03, 2015
Danny Welbeck has missed more days through injury at Arsenal (189 days), than his previous 5 years at Man United and Sunderland (138 days)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 5:46pm On Sep 03, 2015
slimkhan:
how
is is he better
Two footed finisher, better header, sharper runs, quicker feet. Also won the league for city, something Giroud has never done.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 5:52pm On Sep 03, 2015
Imagine not wanting Dzeko because he's similar to Giroud. He's miles better. Anyone disputing that Dzeko is a level above Giroud simply doesn't understand football. He'll probably lead Roma to a title this year.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 6:06pm On Sep 03, 2015
Keky:
Imagine not wanting Dzeko because he's similar to Giroud. He's miles better. Anyone disputing that Dzeko is a level above Giroud simply doesn't understand football. He'll probably lead Roma to a title this year.

Giroud 'led' Arsenal to a 'title' in the past 2 seasons and won Ligue 1 as well. cheesy

I didn't say I wouldn't have Dzeko (considering we've only got one fit striker at the moment) but I rate Giroud above him without a doubt.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:08pm On Sep 03, 2015
Keky:
dnt mind dem jare
Giroud ko. Welbeck ni
Btw sef which one fit score 20+ in dem
Yeye day smell
D stupid arrogant man knows dis but he will just pass...
Now we short of striker nd d other as lano
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:16pm On Sep 03, 2015
You people are still lamenting and complaining over things you can't change?

na wah o. Please e don do, give chance for decent football debates to flourish.

You know your players, the squad cannot change anymore. why not apply your minds to how the club can get the best out of them. abi where did you hear that its only the club with highest goal scorers or best defence that wins the league?

(1) (2) (3) ... (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) ... (3491) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.