Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,982 members, 7,852,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:53 PM

The Very Good Wine - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Very Good Wine (8090 Views)

Ogun Pastor Turns Bottled-Water To Wine Inside Church (Video) / Christianity And Drinking Of Wine / Pastor Tayo Adeyemi Is Dead (New-Wine Church , London Founder) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Very Good Wine by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:29pm On Dec 01, 2011
plappville:

[b](Acts 2:1-13) 1 When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2 Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues[a] as the Spirit enabled them.
5 Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. 6 When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken. 7 Utterly amazed, they asked: “Aren’t all these who are speaking Galileans? 8 Then how is it that each of us hears them in our native language? 9 Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome 11 (both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs—we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!” 12 Amazed and perplexed, they asked one another, “What does this mean?”

13 Some, however, made fun of them and said, “They have had too much wine.”

[size=14pt]will u now say because they were mocked of been drunk, shows any proof of alcohol[/size]

Good question.
Re: The Very Good Wine by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:37pm On Dec 01, 2011
mazaje:

His delusions says his Jesus must not drink alcohol. . . grin

Will it be accurate to say that your disillusion says that Jesus must drink alcohol? undecided
Re: The Very Good Wine by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:45pm On Dec 01, 2011
Pastor AIO:

All these pages just because by force by force Olaadegbu says that Jesus must not drink alcohol.

Alhaji-paistor-oluwo, wink will I be right if I add the Bacchus chief priest to your title?

Pastor AIO:

I need to start a thread about interpreting scriptures and the principles underlying it, but I fear that there'll be no interest in it.

As you can see on this thread you will get a lot of disciples joining you in your shrine. grin
Re: The Very Good Wine by mazaje(m): 3:53pm On Dec 01, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Will it be accurate to say that your disillusion says that Jesus must drink alcohol? undecided

The bible already said that Jesus drank alcohol that's why the people called him a drunkard. . .According to the bible. he said he feasts and drinks and was called a glutton and a drunkard. . . .
Re: The Very Good Wine by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:57pm On Dec 01, 2011
mazaje:

The bible already said that Jesus drank alcohol that's why the people called him a drunkard. . .According to the bible. he said he feasts and drinks and was called a glutton and a drunkard. . . .

Really? Do you now believe the records in the Bible as true?
Re: The Very Good Wine by mazaje(m): 4:05pm On Dec 01, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Really?  Do you now believe the records in the Bible as true?

I am only stating what is written there. . .Just like when you read the hadith that says that prophet Mohammed divided the moon into to and restate it to another person. . .
Re: The Very Good Wine by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:13pm On Dec 01, 2011
mazaje:

I am only stating what is written there. . .Just like when you read the hadith that says that prophet Mohammed divided the moon into to and restate it to another person. . .

One thing I've discovered is that both atheists and Muslims use the Bible (that they claim they don't believe in) to make their respective faiths relevant. undecided
Re: The Very Good Wine by Thelstan(m): 5:27pm On Dec 01, 2011
@Olaadegbu:

Na wa o. I thought we had come full circle last night? It's obvious that you have ulterior propaganda in this discussion.

plappville:

[b](Acts 2:1-13)  1 When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2 Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues[a] as the Spirit enabled them.
5 Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. 6 When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken. 7 Utterly amazed, they asked: “Aren’t all these who are speaking Galileans? 8 Then how is it that each of us hears them in our native language? 9 Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome 11 (both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs—we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!” 12 Amazed and perplexed, they asked one another, “What does this mean?”

13 Some, however, made fun of them and said, “They have had too much wine.”  

[size=14pt]will u now say because they were mocked of been drunk, shows any proof of alcohol[/size]

Off-point. Observers thought they were like drunk people, because they were filled with the Holy Ghost and speaking in tongues. Not because of anything to do with alcohol.

Jesus HIMSELF said that unlike John the Baptist who would not eat bread or drink wine and was called a demon, that HE is eating and drinking.

John refused to eat bread :: meanwhile Jesus ate
John refused to drink wine :: meanwhile Jesus drank (what did he drink?)

This is simple English comprehension! cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: The Very Good Wine by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:05pm On Dec 01, 2011
Thelstan:

@Olaadegbu:

Na wa o. I thought we had come full circle last night? It's obvious that you have ulterior propaganda in this discussion.

Could it be that you are the one with the ulterior motive here? undecided

Thelstan:

Off-point. Observers thought they were like drunk people, because they were filled with the Holy Ghost and speaking in tongues. Not because of anything to do with alcohol.

Is that so?  I thought it had to do with alcohol since they accused them of going on a mind bender. undecided

Thelstan:

Jesus HIMSELF said that unlike John the Baptist who would not eat bread or drink wine and was called a demon, that HE is eating and drinking.

The simple English comprehension is that you cannot please the world.  John the Baptist abstained from all social life they accused him of being demon possessed, Jesus Christ accepted invitations and they called Him a drunkard and a glutton.  Just as you guys are accusing Him today.  If you claim that He drank alcohol what is your evidence?

Hypocrites and enemies of the truth will always condemn whatever method godly men use in propagating the truth because they are looking for ways to justify their acts of darkness and rejection of the truth.
Re: The Very Good Wine by Thelstan(m): 6:10pm On Dec 01, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Could it be that you are the one with the ulterior motive here? undecided
Lol what? My views have been consistent throughout this thread. It's you who have been shifting your feet. Last night you said it is lawful but not expedient. Now you have[i] changed mouth[/i].

OLAADEGBU:

Hypocrites and enemies of the truth will always condemn whatever method godly men use in propagating the truth because they are looking for ways to justify their acts of darkness and rejection of the truth.

E ti wa daa si rough and me I no be ruffian.

Cheers  cheesy
Re: The Very Good Wine by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:24pm On Dec 01, 2011
Thelstan:

Lol what? My views have been consistent throughout this thread. It's you who have been shifting your feet. Last night you said it is lawful but not expedient. Now you have[i] changed mouth[/i].

Was it not you that asserted that it was obvious that Jesus drank alcohol?  Are you now singing another song?

Thelstan:

E ti wa daa si rough and me I no be ruffian.

Cheers  cheesy

Rough ko, roforofo ni grin 

A word of wisdom here:

"Give satan an inch and he'll be a ruler."
Re: The Very Good Wine by plappville(f): 6:26pm On Dec 01, 2011
Thelstan:

@Olaadegbu:

If it was not mentioned what he drank, why u come up with a conclusion that he drank alcohol? If the observer thought are u not in same shoe as them, because the varse didnt say he drank wine:sadunlike John the Baptist who would not eat bread or drink wine and was called a demon, that HE is eating and drinking. did her said drinkin wine? sure i see which is off point.
Re: The Very Good Wine by Thelstan(m): 6:27pm On Dec 01, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Was it not you that asserted that it was obvious that Jesus drank alcohol?  Are you now singing another song?

I have never said any less. Jesus took alcohol (even when on the cross he took wine vinegar which can NEVER be non-alcoholic).

But I believe he never got drunk, because he was always without sin and getting drunk is a sin. That's what I have been saying since I entered this thread.

Taking alcohol is not a sin, alcoholism and/or getting drunk is the sin.

I'm done on this thread.
Re: The Very Good Wine by mazaje(m): 6:39pm On Dec 01, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

The simple English comprehension is that you cannot please the world.  John the Baptist abstained from all social life they accused him of being demon possessed, Jesus Christ accepted invitations and they called Him a drunkard and a glutton.  Just as you guys are accusing Him today.  If you claim that He drank alcohol what is your evidence?

Na wah ohh no be small thing. . .WHERE in the passage did Jesus say people call him a drunkard and a glutton because he accepts invitation? grin grin grin
Re: The Very Good Wine by mazaje(m): 6:45pm On Dec 01, 2011
plappville:

If it was not mentioned what he drank, why u come up with a conclusion that he drank alcohol? If the observer thought are u not in same shoe as them, because the varse didnt say he drank wine:sadunlike John the Baptist who would not eat bread or drink wine and was called a demon, that HE is eating and drinking. did her said drinkin wine? sure i see which is off point.

Do they call people that drink juice and water drunkards?. . .People that eat too much food are called gluttons, and people that drink to much alcohol are called drunkards. . .
Re: The Very Good Wine by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:56pm On Dec 01, 2011
Thelstan:

I have never said any less. Jesus took alcohol (even when on the cross he took wine vinegar which can NEVER be non-alcoholic).

You obviously need some Bible lessons here:

"They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall: and when he had tasted thereof, he would not drink" -- Matthew 27:34

So this is your evidence that Jesus drank alcohol?   What would these guys not resort to so as to justify their drinking habits? undecided 

Thelstan:

But I believe he never got drunk, because he was always without sin and getting drunk is a sin. That's what I have been saying since I entered this thread.

You believe he drank alcohol, why then do you believe that He didn't get drunk?  If you believe that He drank alcohol what is your proof that He didn't get drunk?

Thelstan:

Taking alcohol is not a sin, alcoholism and/or getting drunk is the sin.

Give the devil a ride and he will want to drive. cool

Thelstan:

I'm done on this thread.

Remember that your happiness is not in the bottle but in the blood of the Lamb. wink
Re: The Very Good Wine by mazaje(m): 7:13pm On Dec 01, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

You obviously need some Bible lessons here:

"They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall: and when he had tasted thereof, he would not drink" -- Matthew 27:34

So this is your evidence that Jesus drank alcohol?   What would these guys not resort to so as to justify their drinking habits? undecided 

Only that another gospel said that he drank the sour wine(vinegar wine). . . .

Jhn 19:29 Now a vessel full of sour wine was sitting there; and they filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on hyssop, and put it to His mouth.
Jhn 19:30 So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!" And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

Spin master come and spin this one lets see. . .He was already crucified yet he still recieved the wine that was placed in his mouth. . .
Re: The Very Good Wine by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:18pm On Dec 01, 2011
mazaje:

Only that another gospel said that he drank the sour wine(vinegar wine). . . .

Jhn 19:29 Now a vessel full of sour wine was sitting there; and they filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on hyssop, and put it to His mouth.
Jhn 19:30 So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!" And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

Spin master come and spin this one lets see. . .He was already crucified yet he still recieved the wine that was placed in his mouth. . .

How do you expect to understand those passages especially with those opaque spectacles you use in reading? tongue
Re: The Very Good Wine by mazaje(m): 7:20pm On Dec 01, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

How do you expect to understand those passages especially with those opaque spectacles you use in reading? tongue

Its very clear that you can't spin this one hence the new escapist tactics. . You still haven't shown me where Jesus said he was called a drunkard and glutton for accepting invitation ohh. . . grin
Re: The Very Good Wine by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:33pm On Dec 01, 2011
mazaje:

Its very clear that you can't spin this one hence the new escapist tactics. . You still haven't shown me where Jesus said he was called a drunkard and glutton for accepting invitation ohh. . . grin

I will only show you on the condition that you bow your knees and confess Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, deal?. cool
Re: The Very Good Wine by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:26am On Dec 02, 2011
A Study on the Good Wine

We have examined at considerable length the major wine-related stories or sayings of Jesus that are commonly used to prove that our Saviour made, commended, used and commanded the use of alcoholic wine until the end of time.  We have found these claims to rest on unfounded assumptions, devoid of textual, contextual and historical support.

The "good wine" Jesus made at Canaan was "good" not because of its high alcoholic content but because it was fresh, unfermented grape-juice.  The "new wine" Jesus commended through the parable of the new wineskins is unfermented must, either boiled or filtered, because not even new wineskins could withstand the pressure of the gas produced by fermenting new wine.  Jesus' description of Himself as "eating and drinking" does not imply that He used alcoholic wine but that He associated with people freely at their meals and elsewhere.  The "fruit of the vine" that Christ commanded to be used as a memorial of His redeeming blood was not fermented wine, which in the Scripture represents human depravity, corruption and divine indignation, but unfermented and pure grape juice, a fitting emblem of Christ’s untainted blood shed for the remission of our sins.

The claim that Christ used and sanctioned the use of alcoholic beverages has been found to be unsubstantiated.  The evidence we have submitted shows that Jesus abstained from all intoxicating substances and gave no sanction to His followers to use them. For more details click on the suggested link below.

http://www.biblicalperspectives.com/books/wine_in_the_bible/4.html
Re: The Very Good Wine by mazaje(m): 11:28am On Dec 02, 2011
^^

You mean the sour wine(vinegar wine which is alcoholic) that happened to be the last thing the bible said Jesus took before he died?. . .
Re: The Very Good Wine by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:19pm On Dec 02, 2011
mazaje:

^^

You mean the sour wine(vinegar wine which is alcoholic) that happened to be the last thing the bible said Jesus took before he died?. . .

Do you need any encouragement to drink?  Here is one if you insist:

"Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts" -- Proverbs 31:6
Re: The Very Good Wine by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:10pm On Dec 02, 2011
Do not be Deceived
Proverbs 20:1-15

"Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise." -- Proverbs 20:1

A group of Dutch scientists, according to a research published in April 2009 in the journal of Epidemiology and Community Health, claim that people who drink half a glass of wine a day live four years longer than people who do not drink alcohol.  Their claim is strange and misleading because it failed to highlight the statistics of untimely deaths caused by drunk drivers and suppressed the problem of addiction which has become the hallmark of alcoholism today.

Wine, as portayed in our text has deceived many; it does not only overcome them before they are aware, it promises them certain pleasures which it does not give.  Drunkenness results in pain and mockery and exposes people to reproach, disgrace and derision.  Alcohol sets people to scoff at their companions and even to mock at religion, and all that is good and serious (Hosea 7:5).  Strong drink not only disturbs the brain, it makes a man rage and quarrelsome.

To some college students, heavy drinking that leads to vomitting is not alcohol abuse but simply "having a good time" and being "one of the gang"; this has claimed the lives of many who die through accidents.  Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS) is another irreversible condition associated with consumption of alcohol by pregnant women.  Each and every case of FAS is a needless tragedy.  Victims suffer serious physical deformities and often mental deficiencies.  And they suffer these problems for their entire lives.  Numerous other health problems are associated with alcohol consumption, which should be avoided.

Many people find organised programmes very useful in helping them reduce their consumption to moderate levels.  One of such best known programmes is Moderation Managmemt.  For those who need to quit drinking entirely, Jesus remains the only answer.  His blood will miraculously deliver you from alcohol addiction more than any rehabilitaion centre can do.
Re: The Very Good Wine by italo: 1:27pm On Dec 02, 2011
We don't care about dutch scientists. Tell us about the sour wine Jesus drank on the cross!
Re: The Very Good Wine by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:35pm On Dec 02, 2011
italo:

We don't care about dutch scientists. Tell us about the sour wine Jesus drank on the cross!

So you too believe Jesus drank "sour wine" on the cross?  am still waiting for more folks to come out of the woodwork to support this claim. cool
Re: The Very Good Wine by Image123(m): 3:28pm On Dec 02, 2011
tell me something, do people exactly think that John did not eat bread?
It is not for kings, it is not for kings to drink wine, nor for princes strong drink.
it's amazing people still imagine that the king or kings and the prince ofpeace to be foolish?
Re: The Very Good Wine by mazaje(m): 4:31pm On Dec 02, 2011
Image123:

tell me something, do people exactly think that John did not eat bread?
It is not for kings, it is not for kings to drink wine, nor for princes strong drink.
it's amazing people still imagine that the king or kings and the prince ofpeace to be foolish?

What was Jesus drinking when the people called him a drunkard?. . .According to the story, Jesus said he[b] feasts and drinks[/b] and for that the people called him[b] a glutton and a drunkard[/b], the question is what was he drinking when the people called him a drunkard. . .It seems you guys don't want to touch it at all. . . . .
Re: The Very Good Wine by MyJoe: 4:34pm On Dec 02, 2011
^^^ According to our friends here, Jesus wine = tomato juice. So to answer your question, he was drinking tomato juice.
Re: The Very Good Wine by mazaje(m): 4:43pm On Dec 02, 2011
^^

grin grin grin. . . .Sup man how you doing out there? Hope things are on point?. . .Best wishes. . .
Re: The Very Good Wine by MyJoe: 5:05pm On Dec 02, 2011
I'm good. I trust you are doing great, too. smiley
Re: The Very Good Wine by gotizsata: 10:23am On Dec 03, 2011
atheists do not believe in witchcraft, that's Christians, Muslims, and other religious folk, believe in Witchcraft.
As we all know Christianity goes hand in hand with witch doctors
[flash=600,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbGzFN_NalI[/flash]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pope Claims Angels Greeting Mary As Being Full Of Grace Meant She Is Without Sin / Prophet Detains WOMAN In A Room Whilelooking For CONDOMS / Questions For Atheists ( Answer your easiest 5)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.