Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,859 members, 7,821,001 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: (15158 Views)

Saraki Hands Over To Ekweremadu / Fashola Hands Over To Ambode Today- Photos / Fashola Hands Over 200 Vehicles To Law Enforcment. Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by phantom(m): 2:36pm On Dec 06, 2011
Gbawe:

My guy , don't let that automatically predispose you towards failing to give credit where due. I agree that the constant praises of Fashola can be annoying, because he is essentially doing the job he is paid to do and so much remains undone even now, but we all need to appreciate what obtained before Fashola came onboard and the effort he has put in that now see him lauded , perhaps a little too slavishly sometimes, home and abroad.

This is not really the thread to deal with whether Fashola gets praised too much in comparison with others. What is central here is the opinion of Nairalanders as per whether they think the Maternity and childcare centre Lagos delivered[b] is medically adequate or not.[/b] I think it is because, from pictures I can see, the health centre is medically functional and adequate.
FINE, i understand you perfectly, but i also do not think that its wise to conclude that this health centre is medically adequate just from pictures, abi no be sofor me to come to that conclusion i must use the service there to judge.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 2:38pm On Dec 06, 2011
phantom:

my man, let us stop this "half bread is better than full chin-chin" attitude we have as nigerians, NOBODY is saying that this hospital wont take deliveries/CS's but some other posters raised some vital issues, what of toilet facilities? just because some of us do not get carried away with pictures of "equipment" makes us 'no -good' critics abi??,     So because you ve been hungry for  a long time,i buy you buns(with your money by the way) when i can get you a good plate of jollof rice with salad,plantain ,chicken and juice, i should expect you to jubilate and hug me abi?

Your PH don't even have 1/4, talk less half. Na under tree den still dey deliver baby for ya village.

They have way more money than Lagos state and their population is only 5 million, but can you show us one single maternal care center your governor don build?

Abeg keep quiet
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 2:42pm On Dec 06, 2011
phantom:

FINE, i understand you perfectly, but i also do not think that its wise to conclude that this health centre is medically adequate just from pictures, abi no be sofor me to come to that conclusion i must use the service there to judge.

Bur is it even rational to conclude that it's medically inadequate based on the same picture since you jumped in the thread so support the same silliness?

Have you been to this hospital? Of course not.

Do you mind showing us what's missing in the picture as far as delivering baby safely and effectively? Please show us.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Kobojunkie: 2:43pm On Dec 06, 2011
Speaking of River's State, how goes the construction of the Justice Karibi Whyte Hospital? Anyone have an update on that? http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=763788
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 2:44pm On Dec 06, 2011

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 2:44pm On Dec 06, 2011

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 2:46pm On Dec 06, 2011

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 2:46pm On Dec 06, 2011

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 2:47pm On Dec 06, 2011

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 2:48pm On Dec 06, 2011

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 2:52pm On Dec 06, 2011
Under construction and next to be commissioned

Trauma Centres At Gbagada General Hospital

Fashola Inspects New Cardiac, Trauma Centres At Gbagada General Hospital

Patients Express Gratitude As Fashola Inspects New Cardiac, Trauma Centres At Gbagada General Hospital

Jul 29, 2011 - Patients at the Maternal and Childcare Centre in Gbagada, on Friday praised Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN), for his commitment to the delivery of quality healthcare to the people of Lagos.

Governor Fashola interacted with the patients when he visited the Maternal and Childcare Centre after undertaking a tour of the first of its type Cardiac and Renal Centre as well as the Trauma and Burns Centre both of which civil work had been completed at Gbagada General Hospital in the Kosofe Local Government Area, to assess the progress of work on the installation of medical equipment at both Centres.

Speaking to newsmen during the visit to the Maternal and Childcare Centre which is also within the complex, a woman patient and nursing mother who gave her name as Mrs. Bassey, describe the Governor as God-sent adding that both the medical facilities and the personnel combined to make life easy and comfortable for them.

Another patient and nursing mother who gave her name as Mrs. Rhoda said, "God is using Governor Fashola and the nurses and doctors to save lives of Nigerians in Lagos. I am truly grateful to Governor Fashola. He has really tried and he is still trying to make life comfortable for us. We thank him".[b]

Conducting Governor Fashola round the Cardiac and Renal Centre earlier, the Project Director of Deux Projects, the contractor handling the facility, Dr Walter Olatunde, told the Governor, who was accompanied by the Commissioner for Health, Dr. Jide Idris, that the civil work on the Cardiac and Renal Centre has been completed adding that what is being done now is installation of highly sophisticated medical equipment.

While taking the Governor through the various sections of the complex, Dr. Olatunde explained that the Cardiac and Renal Centre is an 80-bed facility with 24 dialysis stations, a 15-bed Intensive Care Unit (ICU) with special laminar flow for extra sterility.

According to the Project Director, the Centre will undertake Open Heart Surgery; Heart Transplant, Kidney Transplant and Invasive Cardiac Procedures adding that it also has 64 Slice CT scan which is first of its kind in the country and Cath Lab.

It would be recalled that Governor Fashola, in early July this year, while hosting an Indian Medical Mission from Ruby Hall, India, at the Lagos House, Ikeja, reiterated the commitment of his administration to reducing, to its barest minimum, the number of medical cases taken abroad from the State for treatment saying the capital flight resulting from such foreign treatments was not good for the State.[/b]

The Governor told the six-man Mission led by Dr. Sameer Ghotavadekar, who were in the State to assist the local medical team to perform cardiac surgery in the State's University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH),"Our objective is to reduce the amount of money we spend exporting patients to India for treatment. It is not good for our business. I want to keep that business in Lagos, I want to keep it for our doctors, I want to keep it for our nurses".

Saying that his administration was also interested in developing a competitive exchange with India, Governor Fashola noted that one of the responsibilities of government is the obligation to prolong life, to make it worth living adding that this can only be done if the people are kept healthy as a healthy workforce, a healthy population, is a useful asset to any nation.

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Gbawe: 2:56pm On Dec 06, 2011
Bawss1:

Meanwhile[b] none of the critics here have shown how the hospital in question is failing to achieve what it was set up for.[/b]

They can't because their vacuous argument was never predicated on sincerity to begin with. If a real and accredited doctor from Chicago, exposed to decent standards and a neutral  professional voice, can praise the efforts of Fashola why should anyone take the Nairaland 'negative crew' seriously?
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by phantom(m): 2:59pm On Dec 06, 2011
Eko Ile:

Bur is it even rational to conclude that it's medically inadequate based on the same picture since you jumped in the thread so support the same silliness?

Have you been to this hospital? Of course not.

Do you mind showing us what's missing in the picture as far as delivering baby safely and effectively? Please show us.

but you wanted the rest of us to start jumping up and down in unquantifiable joy just by looking at those same pictures but you dont want us to criticize by looking at the pictures toowhy do i even bother??, if you expect me to start comparing PH to lagos as regards healthcare,just forget it,
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by rabzy: 3:03pm On Dec 06, 2011
That a medical facility is built at all is welcoming news. Nigeria has been deprived for so long that steady improvement over time would have a tremendous impact on the life of the people. I remember a health centre in front of my house, that was where my younger brother was born 24yrs ago, over time it became mosquito infected, there was no water, no light etc. But some years ago Tinubu upgraded it to a health centre, brought a big Generator, repaired the doors and fixed mosquito nets, doctors and several nurses were posted there. It made a huge impact in the health of the people there, now people could also be treated for other ailments unlike when it was just a maternity ward.

These hospitals are not the best the world can offer, but they can and have significantly improved the health of the people in the Area where they are sited. I would rather we have hundreds of these scattered around the state and accessible to 80% of the population than have 2 or 3 of the best the world can offer but accessible to 10% of the population.

Everyone wants the latest and greatest car or gadget, but all other factors have to be considered to know which we serve best.

For me the utmost for the most at anytime, than the best for a few.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 3:05pm On Dec 06, 2011
phantom:

but you wanted the rest of us to start jumping up and down in unquantifiable joy just by looking at those same pictures but you dont want us to criticize by looking at the pictures toowhy do i even bother??, if you expect me to start comparing PH to lagos as regards healthcare,just forget it,  

Who asked you to jump. You mean I forced you into this thread and  every Fashola thread to spew your rubbish and jump all over the place?

You are even blaming me for your own silliness.

You are even dumber than I thought?

They post pictures, you've never been to the place or tried to deliver a baby, but you have so much to say just by looking a freeking picture?

How insanely irrationally  and re-tarded can you be?

Btw, you did compare Lagos state to PH in so many threads before so keep quiet. Do you need me to pull up the threads to wake you up.

The fact is, if your village is doing anything half close, you'll post it in here just to shine your teeth, but you know you can not show us anything because even though your state has more money than Lagos state, 5 million people against Lagos at 18 million people and they still have nothing to show for it.

You should be crying for your state and quit losing sleep over Lagos, Lagos should be the least of your worries.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Kobojunkie: 3:12pm On Dec 06, 2011
rabzy:

These hospitals are not the best the world can offer, but they can and have significantly improved the health of the people in the Area where they are sited. I would rather we have hundreds of these scattered around the state and accessible to 80% of the population than have 2 or 3 of the best the world can offer but accessible to 10% of the population.

Everyone wants the latest and greatest car or gadget, but all other factors have to be considered to know which we serve best.

For me the utmost for the most at anytime, than the best for a few.

Is it really a question of wanting the latest and the greatest here? Is quality, value, and standard really about latest and the greatest?  Could you please read the quote below, ruminate on it a bit before you answer this question of my? lol . . . .

phantom:
 So because you ve been hungry for  a long time,i buy you buns(with your money by the way) when i can get you a good plate of jollof rice with salad,plantain ,chicken and juice, i should expect you to jubilate and hug me abi?

I picked the quote above because it basically explains what many on here are saying, without forcing one to think too hard on these things in order to get it. ROFL

On your statement that you would rather we have many of these scattered about Nigeria . . . I answer we have most always done something along those lines really. About 20 years ago, we had the 'general hospital' units scattered all over the place, similar to this actually. But we know what happened so many years later. We demolished those to build new clinics/units, and now we are building in much the same way  . . . . What you see today as muritala mohammed hospital in Kano was built in much similar way.It was billed, back then, as innovative and a structure there to provide the immediate needs of the people in the city. If we could go back in time, we would definitely find those who argued in much the same way you are doing today that they would rather have many of those units scattered all over Nigeria. You suggest we keep building to serve today's need without really considering tomorrows necessity, is that really a good way to plan a city/state/country? 

Saw a documentary on that hospital(muritala mohammed hospital) some weeks ago and all I could think was we need to do away with this half-is-better-than-none thinking for a bit so we can get ourselves more permanent and lasting solutions in this country.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 3:15pm On Dec 06, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Is it really a question of wanting the latest and the greatest here? Is quality, value, and standard really about latest and the greatest?  Could you please read the quote below, ruminate on it a bit before you answer this question of my?

You mean chicken and and jollof analogy determines if this center is able to deliver babies or not?

You and the person you quoted need to start a comedy show.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Gbawe: 3:16pm On Dec 06, 2011
phantom:

Well, we cannot judge beyond pictures can we? The pictures Eko ile supplied show medical facilities that , comparatively , are functional, standard and adequate.  Why should anyone , if Nigerians are not their own worst enemies, lean towards negativity instead of just giving credit and moving on? It has been proven exhaustively, even if some who are ignorant and deliberately distractive want to say otherwise, that the medical centre in question is functional and totally adequate as per standard public healthcare as compared to even what is seen in the best nations on earth !!! Folks should have avoided this thread , if they cannot say anything good, instead of providing inane argument that shows , blatantly, their agenda of not giving credit where due.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by phantom(m): 3:19pm On Dec 06, 2011
Eko Ile:

Who asked you to jump. You mean I forced you into this thread and  every Fashola thread to spew your rubbish and jump all over the place?

You are even blaming me for your own silliness.

You are even dumber than I thought?

They post pictures, you've never been to the place or tried to deliver a baby, but you have so much to say just by looking a freeking picture?

How insanely irrationally  and re-tarded can you be?

Btw, you did compare Lagos state to PH in so many threads before so keep quiet. Do you need me to pull up the threads to wake you up.

The fact is, if your village is doing anything half close, you'll post it in here just to shine your teeth. I know you like a freeking book
grin grin grin grin, but you follow dey pull down other governors wey dey do the same thing, then you come in here speaking english and trying to sound intelligent, Why did you post these pictures on a public forum if not to get a resounding applause for your TIN GOD, many of us have seen the pictures and we are saying lagosians deserve better, abeg comot for road. a personality like Gbawe can be thick headed at times but i rather engage in an arguement with him and i think you should spend sometime and learn UNDER him **geez, i dont know why i keep giving this guy the benefit of the doubt**
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by hercules07: 3:25pm On Dec 06, 2011
Can someone show me the ones built by the FG and other states?
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 3:28pm On Dec 06, 2011
phantom:

grin grin grin grin, but you follow dey pull down other governors wey dey do the same thing, then you come in here speaking english and trying to sound intelligent, Why did you post these pictures on a public forum if not to get a resounding applause for your TIN GOD, many of us have seen the pictures and we are saying lagosians deserve better, abeg comot for road. a personality like Gbawe can be thick headed at times but i rather engage in an arguement with him and i think you should spend sometime and learn UNDER him **geez, i dont know why i keep giving this guy the benefit of the doubt**

Show me where I said anything negative about any project in other states. I do comment about bogus claims, lies and meaningless proposals by some of these governors.

I don't post proposals or plans, I post real pictures of completed projects and projects under construction.

It's you conscience, jealousy and inferiority complex that's bugging you because posting pictures doesn't equate me sending you a message to walk into the threads to offer your ignorant assessments. You are in control of your own computer, your fingers and keyboard.

Who are you to tell Lagos what they deserve, you state have way more money than Lagos state and still have nothing to show for it, but you are here killing yourself about Lagos state?

This is the fourth new Maternity center in Lagos state, but can you show me one in your state with all your money.

You are even dumber than I thought.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 3:30pm On Dec 06, 2011
hercules07:

Can someone show me the ones built by the FG and other states?

Pigs go fly before they show us anything.

They've been dodging that request like a plague. They can not show what doesn't exist.

lmao
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Bawss1(m): 3:32pm On Dec 06, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Is it really a question of wanting the latest and the greatest here? Is quality, value, and standard really about latest and the greatest?  Could you please read the quote below, ruminate on it a bit before you answer this question of my? lol . . . .

So what is this really about then? Critics on this thread were saying that the hospital is "substandard" and the building is "ram shackled". Yet from all indications it appears the hospital is medically adequate. You made comments along the lines that this hospital is below expectations considering the "8 years of planning and 5 years of implementation" and now we hear that it is not about wanting the latest. What is this really about then if not bad belleism?
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by phantom(m): 3:35pm On Dec 06, 2011
Gbawe:

Well, we cannot judge beyond pictures can we? The pictures Eko ile supplied show medical facilities that , comparatively , are functional, standard and adequate.  Why should anyone , if Nigerians are not their own worst enemies, lean towards negativity instead of just giving credit and moving on? It has been proven exhaustively, even if some who are ignorant and deliberately distractive want to say otherwise, that the medical centre in question is functional and totally adequate as per standard public healthcare as compared to even what is seen in the best nations on earth !!! Folks should have avoided this thread , if they cannot say anything good, instead of providing inane argument that shows , blatantly, their agenda of not giving credit where due.
Gbawe, this is a good project and hopefully will make an impact but critics are saying that WE ARE EXACTLY BEING SHOWN WHAT THEY WANT US TO SEE, nigerian leaders are good at throwing FLASHY things in our faces(for purposes of commissioning) but when you actually use the service,you find out you are actually left holding the short end of the stick, In effect we are saying do not get too excited!
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Bawss1(m): 3:39pm On Dec 06, 2011
phantom:

Gbawe, this is a good project and hopefully will make an impact but critics are saying that WE ARE EXACTLY BEING SHOWN WHAT THEY WANT US TO SEE, nigerian leaders are good at throwing FLASHY things in our faces(for purposes of commissioning) but when you actually use the service,you find out you are actually left holding the short end of the stick, In effect we are saying do not get too excited!

Even when see pictures of Amaechi's work in P.H that you put up? Fair enough. grin
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 3:44pm On Dec 06, 2011
phantom:

But have you or any of your critics been to any of these centers to deliver babies and couldn't deliver or do you have any news to share with us after visiting the place?

Is it not silly, ignorant and irrational to cry and yell about what you can not assert anything about based on any personal experience?

The fact is, it doesn't even matter what pictures we post, you losers do the same thing. You cry about pictures of roads, bridges, schools, hospitals and everything under the sun, and this is why I can't and will never take any of you seriously because it's all about mindless criticism  with no basis.

You are yet to show us the ones your own leaders built in your rich state, why are you so reluctant to show us what you did with the highest state budget in Nigeria? Nothing to show of course,
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 3:47pm On Dec 06, 2011
Bawss1:

Even when see pictures of Amaechi's work in P.H that you put up? Fair enough. grin

I remember the sorry PH thread. You just have to shake your head at the nothing and wonder what they are doing with the highest budget in Nigeria.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Kobojunkie: 3:48pm On Dec 06, 2011
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 3:52pm On Dec 06, 2011
^^^^^^ lmao, see trolling on steroids.

Talk about not having anything to say or contribute, but just troll anyways.

How sad and sorry can you be,
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Okijajuju1(m): 4:03pm On Dec 06, 2011
This is why Yoruba People will always behave like ofe Mmanu!!

He built a 3bedroom bungalow and every body is dancing galala. I laff in Eko!!
[quote][/quote]
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 4:09pm On Dec 06, 2011
osted by: Okija_juju
Insert Quote

lol @ this loser.

Your village is yet to buy one block, talk less build a maternity center to prevent your people from delivering babies under the tree for village square.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 06, 2011
Okija_juju:

Are they saving lives in these bungalows? If yes, then what is the noise about? Most people die in Africa due to preventable diseases, not because there no gigantic world class hospitals.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagos RRS Arrests Notorious Serial Phone Thief / Atrocities Committed By Fulani-hausa Muslims On Southern Kaduna Christians / "We Miss Goodluck Jonathan" - Ebonyi Traders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.