Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: (15164 Views)

Saraki Hands Over To Ekweremadu / Fashola Hands Over To Ambode Today- Photos / Fashola Hands Over 200 Vehicles To Law Enforcment. Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 3:13am On Dec 06, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Are we now then suggesting that since Nigeria does not have Saudi Arabia's wealth(Lord knows any other country out there that does), rather than focusing the limited resources then on providing QUALITY healthcare, which it can definitely improve upon and build on in the future(saving money in the process), the country should instead focus on providing 'makeshift' sub-par clinics(which it will find hard to build ON considering the current 'makeshift' units were built to REPLACE/NOT BUILD ON yester-years 'makeshift' units and ideas, and on and on like that for the past 50 years)? Is that still what makes sense to those of you attempting to argue that Nigeria is poor?   undecided undecided undecided undecided

Btw, this is your Chicago and their non make shift hospitals.

It's even titled Life, Death and Politics at Chicago’s Public Hospital

[b]Third World? Monstrous? Ansell describes what he found during his years at County: corruption, substandard management, political patronage, doctors learning on the job, rats, roaches and always, jammed waiting rooms (“The County Hospital lobby could have been mistaken for a Calcutta bus station, not a place of healing.”) He describes one night in the ER when “the knife and gunshot wounds had priority. They screamed in pain. Blood and chaos. The drunks and addicts on gurneys as well.” It was Dante’s Inferno, American style.

CAT scans were unavailable. Colonoscopies had huge waiting lists and lengthy appointments awaited women with suspicious lumps in their breasts. Beleaguered doctors and nurses were inundated while patients found themselves lacking basic items like soap, towels and sheets.

After a while, the new doctors publicly denounced the infamous practice of “dumping,” where private hospitals shipped uninsured patients, many of whom were seriously sick, to County. They also began a Breast Cancer Screening Program and prevention programs aimed at relieving stress and preventing HIV.

As his grim odyssey develops, Ansell recalls a patient suffering from hallucinations caused by his giving up alcohol. “Hey Doc,” he called out to Ansell, “last night I thought I saw two large rats.” A skeptical Ansell later learned that his patient was not hallucinating at all but that there really were rats in his room. County is replete with many such stories, the most poignant about his long friendship and care for Harriet, a woman with sickle cell anemia, among other problems. When she finally died after two years of dialysis, Harriet’s family asked Ansell to deliver her eulogy in a Baptist church on the city’s South Side.[/b]
http://hollywoodprogressive.com/public-hospital/

I don't even see the basis for these silly rants. W e have a new building that's obviously equipped to do exactly what they built it to do.

One complained about ventilation as if he's been to this maternity center and couldn't breath.

Talk about pointless and mindless stupidity
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Araysay: 3:21am On Dec 06, 2011
[flash=800,800]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fItbJmE6De4&feature=endscreen&NR=1[/flash]

See a DOG as a QUACK'S assistant in LAGOS!!!!

No toilets!
Lack of payments to clinical/babalawo staff!
So much for "Fashola Health Care"!
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Araysay: 3:25am On Dec 06, 2011
[flash=800,800]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=757vYI7cZfU&feature=related[/flash]

THE FISSDCH DEY CHOP DE CSHYTTE MAKE WE CASSTCH AM!!! grin

Not to make this a tribal issue. . . DO YORUBAS forbid TOILETS IN LAGOS?
See shyting in the Lagoon!!!
Under Fashola's regime!!! grin
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Araysay: 3:31am On Dec 06, 2011
[flash=800,800]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf8ln_QPSu0&feature=related[/flash]

Just imagine? grin
NO DOCUMENTATION. . . .It takes an external institution to MONITOR Nigeria's healthcare system. . .AFTER RECEIVING FOREIGN AID!!!! cry
Job descriptions do not have to be written? shocked
I pity Nigeria I swear.
What a blaaaady joke!
Look at the useless so-called medical personnel laughing? cheesy
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Kobojunkie: 3:34am On Dec 06, 2011
I am watching and hoping to see the big plan unveiled. We are told that 8 years was spent on "PLANNING" phase, and so far we have been in implementation phase in the past, almost 5 years.

I just don't understand why we are still putting up 'makeshift' units and tents -- I mean this looks an aweful lot like the Abia State Diagnostic centre to me and nothing more. And Abia did not have to spent 8 years in planning mode to get that. You only need to compare the two to see the similarities. . . .not much of a difference really, and that one is also geared towards providing affordable healthcare down there in Abia as well.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Pifa: 3:34am On Dec 06, 2011
Gbawe:

Have you read what others are saying or do you just want to comment because you have pitched your tent blindly? Who is suggesting open wards for "pre-childbirth" or "pre-labor"? Do you even know what a hospital ward functions as to understand that medical screening/treatment must precede the case history of those who eventually end up on an "open ward"?  

I’ve seen the photographs and I can make my judgment based on what they show.

Gbawe:

Have you read what others are saying or do you just want to comment because you have pitched your tent blindly? Who is suggesting open wards for "pre-childbirth" or "pre-labor"? Do you even know what a hospital ward functions as to understand that medical screening/treatment must precede the case history of those who eventually end up on an "open ward"?  

I’ ve made no assertion as to any of the above. It could be pre-childbirth, pre-labor, or even postpartum medical care.

I don’t think I limited my definition of airborne diseases to highly infectious diseases such as tuberculosis. Obviously, people with such infections are usually quarantined to keep them from infecting others. But airborne diseases are also influenza (or cold) or respiratory-tract infection to which pregnant women are highly susceptible. I’ve been through this pregnancy stuff three times in my life and anything I tell you about pregnant women is from experience, albeit from a man’s perspective.

Gbawe:

It is a shame Nairaland doctors have avoided this thread otherwise they will easily address the ignorance of some of you who speak because you think you are intelligent but are actually arguing out of positions of ignorance. Open wards are not cesspits of infection as you want us to believe . Everybody who goes into an open ward will have been medically assessed/treated before being admitted to that ward and it would have been established that they are generally safe to share space with others who are , ostensibly, without infectious diseases transmittable via air mainly.

The idea that patients are screened for every transmissible disease before going into open wards is a fabrication to support your position. The cost to screen every patient for every transmissible disease will be too prohibitive to make what you are suggesting feasible. Do you know anything about screening for diseases at all? We are talking x-rays, body-fluid tests and myriad other tests to ascertain that a patient is free of transmissible disease. The cost of preparing the assays to do these tests will be too high for even the UK, where they practice socialized medicine.

How do you ascertain that “. . . they are generally safe to share space with others who are , ostensibly, without infectious diseases transmittable via air mainly.”?

The only way to do this is to screen for every transmissible disease. As I said earlier, the cost to do this will be prohibitive. I know of no hospital in the US that practices this type of medicine.

Gbawe:

It is no different to all of us riding on very crowded underground transport in our respective diasporan base where the assumption is that everyone is safe. Hospitals are even much safer because every sick patient can be assessed , upon admission as per presenting symptoms, and treated/isolated adequately while any of us may be standing next to someone with tuberculosis or swine flu on public transport !!!  

This is flat out bad science.

The factual science is that we are all exposed to pathogens in daily life, but our immune systems destroy those pathogens before they can mutate in our cells. How much do you know about cell biology?

Gbawe:

The ignorance you guys peddle to support your position is shocking. You think a person with, for example, Tuberculosis or any other air-borne disease just goes on a public ward? How simplistic !! Ask any African who even so much as presents with malaria symptoms in the UK !!! You will be isolated ASAP.  Proactive hospital care is more to do with documenting admission symptom/history properly and trying to obtain accurate diagnosis so that, in an entire hospital, people are always in the right place appropriate for their medical care/needs .  

There is nothing , other than ignorance and a lack of knowledge about real medical care, that would make anyone think a private room for everyone in public healthcare , highly unfeasible in todays world , is the gold standard or that open wards are somehow inadequate. That is the height of ignorance considering that some of you should be bright enough to know that "open" ward , self explanatorily, indicates that everyone there is medically cleared to mingle "openly" with others in that ward same as we all interact with others when we go shopping, clubbing, dining out, etc , etc because we are deemed , by virtue of having no symtoms of illness or through securing curative treatment for an ailment, able to mingle with others "openly".  You guys talk out of total ignorance of healthcare procedures and all this is actually embarrassing. I can only conclude non of you have had kids or have even being in hospitals, in nations with decent health sector, that supply adequate healthcare to the general public. .

Gbawe,

I don't think you understand how the human body works, but I am going to refrain from calling you names.

No one who practices western medicine can medically clear you to "mingle "openly" with others in that ward same as we all interact with others when we go shopping, clubbing, dining out, etc , etc because we are deemed , by virtue of having no symptoms of illness or through securing curative treatment for an ailment, able to mingle with others "openly." unless that person is presented with your medical tests results for every transmissible disease. As I've said on a couple of occasions, it is not economically feasible to do so. What protects us from diseases more than curative medicine is OUR IMMUNE SYSTEM.

And just because you show no symptoms of a disease does not mean you don't carry that disease. Diseases can be dormant in humans long before they start to display any symptoms.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Araysay: 3:35am On Dec 06, 2011
Gbawe is a native doctor abeg.
No need to waste much time on him.
Please. . .Fashola should show us the toilets and fire prevention codes. . .mass casualty evacuation plans in these his facilities.
WHERE DO THESE WOMEN SHYYYYYTE OR DISPOSE OF THEIR PLACENTAS AND BODILY FLUIDS. . . .
NO ELEVATORS IN AJEGUNLE! PREGNANT WOMEN WILL CLIMB 3 FLOORS TO GO AN HAVE A CAESARIAN SECTION IN THE MODERN WORLD?
NEVER!!!!

ONLY IN AJEGUNLE OF COURSE. AFTER EMBEZZLING FOREIGN AID!
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by ziga: 3:40am On Dec 06, 2011
Nigerians will be the ones that will make Nigeria crumble.

I am seriously disappointed at a lot of comments on this page.

I guess you have seriously lost touch with reality because you were able to leave the country.

Do you know how much the Nigerian government spends on health care
And we are trying to put down someone who is changing all the previous trends.

Some of you guys quoting US hospitals and sh.it. . . do u know how much waste they have in their health system that they have been struggling to correct

Fashola has done so many progressive things. . . and provision of a hospital of this standard, which seems to be even better equipped than some federal hospitals is really progressive.

For christ sake, the hospital is right where people need them.

If you can't think before you speak because of the hate and prejudice that has filled your life, abeg go hug transformer.

F^ckup  angry angry angry angry
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 3:46am On Dec 06, 2011
ziga:

Nigerians will be the ones that will make Nigeria crumble.

I am seriously disappointed with a lot of comments on this page.

I guess you have seriously lost touch with reality because you were able to leave the country.

Do you know how much the Nigerian government spends on health care Some of you guys quoting US hospitals and sh.it. . . do u know how much waste they have in their health system that they have been struggling to correct

Fashola has done so many progressive things, and provision of a hospital of this standard. . . Which seems to be even better equipped than some federal hospitals is really progressive.

For christ sake, the hospital is right where people need them.

If you can't think before you speak because of the hate and prejudice that has filled your life, abeg go hug transformer.

mess up  angry angry angry angry

Unfortunately, hate and sadness is a state of mind and some people just have to put that state of mind on display.

Imagine comparing Lagos with Chicago and SA, labeling a new and fully equipped hospital a make shift hospital. How shallow and ignorant can you be?
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Araysay: 3:48am On Dec 06, 2011
People like Gbawe and Eko Ile the reasons Nigeria will NEVER aspire to measure up with anything synonymous with civilization.
When most men in Nigeria impregnate women in 'short-time'. . .pay by the hour joints all over Nigeria. . . their jobs end there.
Both the pregnancy and the upbringing of the children are the women's responsibilities.
Small wonder we have the advent of 'fatherless baby homes' in Nigeria.
The men are totally removed from the realities of the health and wellbeing of the Nigerian female.
All matter ends with finge-ring a poohsie and ejakulating outside of it!
The sper-m cells have to swim up themselves to enable the women get pregnant.
Of what use are such men to the ecosystem at large? undecided
A man like Fashola who has travelled widely cannot build a TOILET in a modern day hospital or should I say death-trap!
No laboratories either!
Lord have mercy on these Intellectual Hottentots!
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by manny4life(m): 3:48am On Dec 06, 2011
Dude calm down, geez so much venom, people have a right to criticize whom they wish. What has waste in the U.S. health care system got to do with the issue at hand? As a matter of fact, the moment they eliminate federal sponsored medicare programs, and everyone is mandated to purchase insurance, now that will be the best corrected mistake in U.S history.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Kobojunkie: 3:49am On Dec 06, 2011
Those were the some of the very same lot of excuses where given back during the Babangida era when the many of the old batch of 'make-shift' units were replaced the old ones. Many of the old buildings could not be refurbished(even with the millions spent on the units), so we demolished them and built up new ones.

Those same excuses were offered up back during the Marwa years as reason why Lagoscians ought not expect so much from their government, and we gratefully submitted. These same excuses popped up again during the Tinubu years in Lagos . . . . Lagosians should not expect much. Now, more than 7 years later, the same excuses for why Lagos cannot build better.  Why don't we work harder this time to at least come up with something different, a better reason why Lagoscians should not expect EXCELLENCE from their government?
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Pifa: 3:53am On Dec 06, 2011
Eko Ile:

Unfortunately, hate and sadness is a state of mind and some people just have to put that state of mind on display.

Imagine comparing Lagos with Chicago and SA, labeling a new and fully equipped hospital a make shift hospital. How shallow and ignorant can you be?

It's an intellectual copout to suggest that this is all about hate. This is about setting a higher standard for yourself and for your community.

I am always amazed at how deep some of you will dig for excuses to avoid any aspiration to higher standards. How do you expect to motivate your younger generation when you are readily accepting of mediocrity as your standard?
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 3:58am On Dec 06, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Those were the some of the very same lot of excuses where given back during the Babangida era when the many of the old batch of 'make-shift' units were replaced the old ones. Many of the old buildings could not be refurbished(even with the millions spent on the units), so we demolished them and built up new ones.

Those same excuses were offered up back during the Marwa years as reason why Lagoscians ought not expect so much from their government, and we gratefully submitted. These same excuses popped up again during the Tinubu years in Lagos . . . . Lagosians should not expect much. Now, more than 7 years later, the same excuses for why Lagos cannot build better.  Why don't we work harder this time to at least come up with something different, a better reason why Lagoscians should not expect EXCELLENCE from their government?

Why the needless essay, telling us why this maternity center is a makeshift hospital would have sufficed.

Is this new building makeshift? Do they lack the needed equipments to effectively deliver babies or are they delivering babies under the tree.

Put your argument where your mouth is, it's really mindless to keep going on and on without telling us exactly what's wrong with this new hospital, also tell us your experience while at this hospital if you've been to this new hospital.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by ziga: 4:03am On Dec 06, 2011
Pifa:

It's an intellectual copout to suggest that this is all about hate. This is about setting a higher standard for yourself and for your community.

I am always amazed at how deep some of you will dig for excuses to avoid any aspiration to higher standards. How do you expect to motivate your younger generation when you are readily accepting of mediocrity as your standard?

First of all, i don't know where to start.

But generally, i think people like to make comments without understanding matters at hand.

Nigeria has one of the worst maternal mortality rate and infant mortality rates in the world.

A major problem we have is access to "any type of healthcare" . I have that in bold because any type of health care will save lives!!!

There is no means of transportation to the "Big" hospitals we already have that some people are suggesting should be refurbished. We are still building roads and we lack good communication and ambulance support!

Now, someone builds a hospital with surgical capabilities that can accommodate as many as possible in the middle of the community where it is needed and people are talking sh.it

What should be our priority right now in terms of healthcare? Quality or quantity

Bottom line, i think people who don't understand what is on ground should stop making unnecessary arguments.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by ziga: 4:08am On Dec 06, 2011
manny4life:

Dude calm down, geez so much venom, people have a right to criticize whom they wish. What has waste in the U.S. health care system got to do with the issue at hand? As a matter of fact, the moment they eliminate federal sponsored medicare programs, and everyone is mandated to purchase insurance, now that will be the best corrected mistake in U.S history.

The US problem is more complicated than that bros, but that is not the issue at hand.

The issue at hand is i don't understand what people are making the negative noise about.

It is sick, unjustified and annoying!!!
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by ziga: 4:09am On Dec 06, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I will try as much as possible to ignore your comments coz i already know that i'll only be wasting my time.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 4:10am On Dec 06, 2011
Pifa:

It's an intellect cop out and  gross ignorance to find faults where it doesn't exist and still refuse to offer any meaningful justification for the same sited faults.

Have you asserted before us what's below standard regarding this new hospitals?

Have you asserted to us with facts that this hospital is not equipped to successfully deliver babies?

Have you asserted to us that babies and mothers are dying at this new hospitals because it's below your so called standards

Have you been to this hospital and found out that they don't have the same globally accepted skills to deliver babies?

Have you even described  to us what is standard and substandard in your views and globally?

The fact is, it's very ignorant and unintellectual to criticize without offering any kind of meaningful factual reasons and justification for you are criticizing. It's called intellectual laziness and incompetence.  Doing things for no justifiable reason and inability to articulate any rational behind your objection means you can not be taken seriously and whatever you are spewing rests on other issues like hate.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Kobojunkie: 4:19am On Dec 06, 2011
WOW . . . . now I feel bad I even criticized Abia Diagnostics and those who felt to shower praises on Orji for that   lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. . . . . . . . .If in Lagos, this is considered Excellence, then by all means, Governor Orji, in Abia State, definitely deserves loads of awards for catching up to Lagos Standard.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 4:34am On Dec 06, 2011
Kobojunkie:

WOW . . . . now I feel bad I even criticized Abia Diagnostics and the praises showered on Orji for that lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. . . . . . . . .If in Lagos, this is considered sxcellence, then by all means, Governor Orji, in Abia State, definitely deserves loads of awards for catching up to Lagos Standard.

1. This discussion is not about Abia and has nothing to do with Abia

2. No assertion was made about excellence, you made that up on your own

3. You are yet to tell us why this new maternity center is a makeshift hospital like you've leveled it

4. You are yet to tell us what's available in other maternity centers for baby delivery that's not available at this hospital

Support your contention with facts.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Kobojunkie: 4:35am On Dec 06, 2011
WOW . . . . now I feel bad I even criticized Abia Diagnostics and those who felt to shower praises on Orji for that   lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. . . . . . . . .If in Lagos, this is considered Excellence, then by all means, Governor Orji, in Abia State, definitely deserves loads of awards for catching up to Lagos Standard.

If this is EXCELLENCE in LAGOS. . . . then Abia has definitely outdone the country by stepping  forward to produce something as good as that which Lagos can. Governor Orji then deserves the praises showered on him! I believe Imo State has something similar and if I am not mistaken, kano also has something similar to this. Great! healthCare in Nigeria is moving forward at a fast pace with all these 'excellent' structures all over the placegrin
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 4:41am On Dec 06, 2011
Kobojunkie:

If this is EXCELLENCE in LAGOS. . . . then Abia has definitely outdone the country by stepping  forward to produce something as good as that which Lagos can. Governor Orji then deserves the praises showered on him! I believe Imo State has something similar and if I am not mistaken, kano also has something similar to this. Great! healthCare in Nigeria is moving forward at a fast pace with all these 'excellent' structures all over the placegrin

1. This discussion is not about Abia and has nothing to do with Abia

2. No assertion was made about excellence, you made that up on your own

3. You are yet to tell us why this new maternity center is a makeshift hospital like you've leveled it

4. You are yet to tell us what's available in other maternity centers for baby delivery that's not available at this hospital

Support your contention with facts.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by danjohn: 4:49am On Dec 06, 2011
Nigeria needs to focus on primary care. Please compare this hospital with the alternative. Have you people seen the dilapidated general hospitals all over the country? What are the other governors doing? What are Fashola's peers doing? Nothing, Nothing, Absolutely Nothing.

World class hospitals cost money a lot of money. Emory Crawford Long Hospital in Atlanta cost Emory University almost $150 million to build (excluding cost of land). That is over 22 billion naira. Remember that the entire budget for Lagos is 450 billion naira.

Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago cost Northwestern University $580 million dollars to build. That is over 93 billion naira. That is almost 20% of Lagos State's budget.

We dont even have all the pictures available. We dont even know if there are private rooms for the women to deliver their babies. People are just rushing to judgement. Based on the pictures available, I can say unequivocally that the clinic is a decent facility. It is better than any hospital in my village and it is better than most hospitals in Nigeria. I have seen general hospitals in Nigeria and I have seen community hospitals in Nigeria. Most of them are in very terrible condition. Fashola is providing low income Nigerians in Ajegunle with a humane environment to get medical treatment. I applaud governor Fashola for providing the people of Ajegunle with this facility. What did Ohakim do for his people? What did Alao Akala do? What did Gbenga Daniels do? What did Igbinedion do?

You people should go and sit down. Permit me to engage in name calling, you people are "Enemies of Progress".

http://www.healthcaredesignmagazine.com/node/197

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18350773
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Kobojunkie: 4:56am On Dec 06, 2011
danjohn:

Nigeria needs to focus on primary care.  Please compare this hospital with the alternative.  Have you people seen the dilapidated general hospitals all over the country?  What are the other governors doing?  What are Fashola's peers doing?  Nothing, Nothing, Absolutely Nothing.

PLEASE STOP RIGHT THERE!!! I know it is typical on these thread to try to throw other Governors under the bus so we can UPLIFT Fashola once again but here and now, I tell you that you need to STOP LYING!

Other governors are mostly building similar units as the one you have in the picture there. Yes, Abia State, I don't know how much you know of the state, has similar units like the one in the picture, distributed all over the state.  Imo State has similar, Rivers, Enugu, among others. We were told similar -- actually some of the best diagnostic for kidney diseases, were built during the time yar adua was Governor of Katsina( na so I read am oo lol).

So you might want to go back, reshuffle your thought there and come back with something more in touch with reality here.  grin grin grin grin Otherwise, if you are going to clap for this, then CLAP FOR EVERYONE ELSE . . . . If excuses are all we have to offer here, then we should apply the very same excuses to ALL THE STATES, not just Lagos because every other state has to equally deal with limited resources and a population higher than it can adequately handle at this point(unless you have evidence that this is not the case everywhere else, well maybe except in Saudi Arabia lol)  . . .  I am asking for fairness here at least, and the guilty ones know themselves.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Pifa: 4:58am On Dec 06, 2011
Eko Ile:

It's an intellect cop out and and gross ignorance to find faults where it doesn't exist and still refuse to offer any meaningful justification for the same sited faults.

Have you asserted to us with facts that this hospital is not equipped to successfully deliver babies?

Have you asserted to us that babies and mothers are dying at this new hospitals because it's below your so called standards

Have you been to this hospital and found out that they don't have the same globally accepted skills to deliver babies?

Have you even described  to us what is standard and substandard in your views and globally?

The fact is, it's very ignorant and unintellectual to criticize without offering any kind of meaningful factual reasons and justification for you are criticizing. It's called intellectual laziness and incompetence.  Doing things for no justifiable reason and inability to articulate any rational behind your objection means you can not be taken seriously and whatever you are spewing rests of other issues like hate.

Sinachay has already listed the deficiencies in the OR, but I'll reiterate.

I’ve purposely refrained from criticizing the architecture, which in itself is another subject altogether. So, for now, I will stay with the operating room.

Operating Rooms generally should be windowless rooms where outside noise can be kept to a minimum. I certainly hope that they keep those windows closed at all times.

ORs, during operations, generate what is known is a sterile field around the operating table. The sterile field is a curtain of filtered air controlled by High Efficiency Particle Air filters (or HEPA filters to techies among you). Hospital-grade HEPAs can remove particles as small as .3 microns1 or will allow so many of the said sized particles to pass through for every large volume of air. Techies sometimes refer to this as part per million or PPM. This OR fails falls short in that regard. All I see is a wall-mounted AC unit that will re-circulate airborne pathogens through its vents back into the OR.

If you’ve ever witnessed an operation (I’ve seen about 3 in my lifetime and that’s not counting the births of my children), you are asked to scrub and gown up (you wear the same type of smocks and booties doctors and nurses wear) before entering the operating room. Once you’re there, you must stay behind the sterile field and keep quiet. I do not see what creates the sterile field in the OR shown. I can only assume that C-sections are not performed in this hospital or they do C-sections without a sterile field.

Solutions I would propose:

1) block off all the windows. They will prove a distraction when the doctor is operating during rain storms and high winds. You don't really want lightning to distract the surgeon when he or she is operating on a patient, do you?
2) fix the sterile field issue by installing a roof ceiling-mounted HEPA system.
3) to accomplish 2), the ceiling may have to be raised. The ceiling of the OR seems a little too low to me. You can see that by looking at the relationship between the windows and the ceiling.

So, there you have it. I just gave you three basic fixes for the OR which really shouldn't take a genius to figure out.

Eko Ile,

The next time I criticize any of Fashola's projects, please ask me for what would be my solution. I will welcome that challenge.

1 As a perspective for those who are not of technical bent, the diameter of human hair is about 40-90 microns, depending on race, health and age. So a 0.3 micron particle is very, very small.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by ziga: 5:05am On Dec 06, 2011
Kobojunkie:

PLEASE STOP RIGHT THERE!!! I know it is typical on these thread to try to throw other Governors under the bus so we can UPLIFT Fashola once again but here and now, I tell you that you need to STOP LYING!

Other governors are mostly building similar units as the one you have in the picture there. Yes, Abia State, I don't know how much you know of the state, has similar units like the one in the picture, distributed all over the state.  Imo State has similar, Rivers, Enugu, among others. We were told similar -- actually some of the best diagnostic for kidney diseases, were built during the time yar adua was Governor of Katsina( na so I read am oo lol).

So you might want to go back, reshuffle your thought there and come back with something more in touch with reality here.  grin grin grin grin Otherwise, if you are going to clap for this, then CLAP FOR EVERYONE ELSE  . . .  I am asking for fairness here at least, and the guilty ones know themselves.

I tried, but it is just too difficult to ignore your bull.sh.it. How does everything you just said make the Ajegunle venture a waste of whatever you want to call it.

Fairness for what? You think this is about competition for best state Governor.

We are saying someone did something great for the health of people but you are dropping your biased and sentiment filled cr@p all over the thread.

Don't talk crap just for the sake of it.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Kobojunkie: 5:07am On Dec 06, 2011
danjohn:

Nigeria needs to focus on primary care.  Please compare this hospital with the alternative.  Have you people seen the dilapidated general hospitals all over the country?  What are the other governors doing?  What are Fashola's peers doing?  Nothing, Nothing, Absolutely Nothing.

Yes they are building similar, only that Lagos Governor's media machine seems to be pumping the news of these structures in Lagos louder than others seem to be doing. God forbid we get to the point where we have all 36 governors in the country getting for themselves machines as powerful as the one the Lagos Governor quickly acquired when he took office back in 2007. Nigerians will definitely know what suffering really means then. lol

So you might want to go back, reshuffle your thought there and come back with something more in touch with reality here.  grin grin grin grin Otherwise, if you are going to clap for this, then CLAP FOR EVERYONE ELSE . . . . If excuses are all we have to offer here, then we should apply the very same excuses to ALL THE STATES, not just Lagos because every other state has to equally deal with limited resources and a population higher than it can adequately handle at this point(unless you have evidence that this is not the case everywhere else, well maybe except in Saudi Arabia lol)  . . .  I am asking for fairness here at least, and the guilty ones know themselves.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by ziga: 5:11am On Dec 06, 2011
Pifa:

I’ve purposely refrained from criticizing the architecture, which in itself is another subject altogether. So, for now, I will stay with the operating room.

Operating Rooms generally should be windowless rooms where outside noise can be kept to a minimum. I certainly hope that they keep those windows closed at all times.

ORs, during operations, generate what is known is a sterile field around the operating table. The sterile field is a curtain of filtered air controlled by High Efficiency Particle Air filters (or HEPA filters to techies among you). Hospital-grade HEPAs can remove particles as small as .3 microns1 or will allow so many of the said sized particles to pass through for every large volume of air. Techies sometimes refer to this as part per million or PPM. This OR fails short in that regard. All I see is a wall-mounted AC unit that will re-circulate airborne pathogens through its vents back into the OR.

If you’ve ever witnessed an operation (I’ve seen about 3 in my lifetime and that’s not counting the births of my children), you are asked to scrub and gown up (you wear the same type of smocks and booties doctors and nurses wear) before entering the operating room. Once you’re there, you must stay behind the sterile field and keep quiet. I do not see what creates the sterile field in the OR shown. I can only assume that C-sections are not performed in this hospital or they do C-section without a sterile field.

1) block off all the windows. They will prove a distraction when the doctor is operating during rain storms and high winds. You don't really want lightning to distract the surgeon when he or she is operating on a patient, do you?
2) fix the sterile field issue by installing a roof-mounted HEPA system.
3) to accomplish 2), the ceiling may have to be raised. The ceiling of the OR seems a little too low to me. You can see that by looking at the relationship between the windows and the ceiling.

So, there you have it. I just gave you three basic fixes for the OR which really shouldn't take a genius to figure out.

Eko Ile,

The next time I criticize any of Fashola's projects, please ask me for what would be my solution. I will welcome that challenge.

1 As a perspective for those who are not of technical bent, the diameter of human hair is about 40-90 microns, depending on race, health and age. So a 0.3 micron particle is very, very small.

Well, i can tell you are trying to be reasonable here.

But truthfully, we should be looking at the big picture and not pettiness.

The minor changes/ modifications that you suggested can be added on as time goes by and should by no means be a reason to sh.it all over the project like people have been trying to do.

Matter of fact. . .  Even the "best projects" in the world will have deficiencies pointed out by critics.

However, a true critic will still look at the big picture to be able to pass judgement and not judge based on a few petty issues!!!!
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 5:25am On Dec 06, 2011
Pifa:

ORs, during operations, generate what is known is a sterile field around the operating table. The sterile field is a curtain of filtered air controlled by High Efficiency Particle Air filters (or HEPA filters to techies among you). Hospital-grade HEPAs can remove particles as small as .3 microns1 or will allow so many of the said sized particles to pass through for every large volume of air. Techies sometimes refer to this as part per million or PPM. This OR fails short in that regard. All I see is a wall-mounted AC unit that will re-circulate airborne pathogens through its vents back into the OR.

If you’ve ever witnessed an operation (I’ve seen about 3 in my lifetime and that’s not counting the births of my children), you are asked to scrub and gown up (you wear the same type of smocks and booties doctors and nurses wear) before entering the operating room. Once you’re there, you must stay behind the sterile field and keep quiet. I do not see what creates the sterile field in the OR shown. I can only assume that C-sections are not performed in this hospital or they do C-section without a sterile field.

2) fix the sterile field issue by installing a roof-mounted HEPA system.

Eko Ile,

It's also not only intellectually lazy to question other people, refuse to offer any kind of rational to justify your contention with any rational facts, but to also quote other people to justify your own point. This is why it's so hard to even take some of you seriously.

The person you sited did not quote me, you did. Be man enough to stand on your own 2 feet and defend your own views. No need to borrow other people's rubbish to prove your own point.

The person you just quoted was spewing rubbish. Why even suggest I consider his insane and absurd nonsense?

He was going on and on about ventilation, but he's never been to the place talk less state to us that he did and was dying because he couldn't breath?

Has he been to this hospital to deliver and he couldn't because of all the rubbish he listed?

Since his your mouth piece, please ask him to answer the same questions you're incapable of answering for obvious reasons,

Btw, I find your list very laughable. What's all that got to do with delivering babies? You ran across these in some kind of obstetrical journal? And if you did, do you mind showing us where they asserted that and show us the list of dead babies and mothers?
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by EkoIle1: 5:41am On Dec 06, 2011
Btw, this is Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia

An operating room with windows and light flowing inside the operating room.
[img]http://www.drexelmed.edu/obgyn/Labor_and_Delivery_Tour_files/slide0005_image010.jpg[/img]

http://www.drexelmed.edu/obgyn/Labor_and_Delivery_Tour_files/frame.htm

Where is all the stuff you listed?

Obviously looking at both pictures, they both have the same basic tools needed to deliver babies.
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Kobojunkie: 5:43am On Dec 06, 2011
Re: Fashola Hands Over Fourth Maternal And Child Care Centre At Ajegunle. Pics: by Nobody: 5:45am On Dec 06, 2011
No need to sound ignorant, but are Nigerian doctors and nurses well-learned to operate those technologies? It's one thing to have them, it's another thing to operate them correctly.

Just asking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Constitution Review: Why Presidential Assent Unnecessary - Saraki / Senate Passes Business Reform Bill / Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.