Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York (9224 Views)

What Late President Yar' Adua Told Me About The Shi'ites And Zakzaky - Sheikh / What Really Killed President Yar Adua / President Obama's Medical Exam Results While President Yar Adua Runs And Hides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Kobojunkie: 12:00am On Oct 22, 2007
nwando:

There are aspects of Islam that are downright sick.
oyb may be a sunni that abhors this perverted sick acts but that doesn't mean he can tell blatant lies about a practice entrenched in Islamic sharia of the second largest group of Muslims in the world.
That is very scary and it's denial is even scarier shocked shocked shocked

I completely understand what you mean there @Nwando. I have been watching the discussion for a while now. Just that I do not understand how after watching the videos, one would feel confident to continue with the BLAME game. That is the part that actually drains me.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by denex: 12:11am On Oct 22, 2007
I'm on mobile right now so I can't view this video. Perhaps tomorrow I'll try but I want to be certain that it is real proof and not that same irreligious woman and more of her propaganda.

You can also send Parvin Darabi another mail and ask her why she only becomes a muslim when she wants to spit venomous lies against islam. Then when muslims are being generally criticised, the writes "Why I am not a muslim".

I'm not trying to argue here, but Parvin Darabi is a mentally unstable, inconsistent pathological liar who has sexual fantasies of a menage et trois with Ayatollah Khomeini, herself and a domestic animal. Because I see no other way she would have thought up an inexistent book with such detail if she doesn't spend half everyday of her life thinking of such things.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Iman3(m): 12:14am On Oct 22, 2007
Sheik ibn Baz of Saudi Arabia speaks-apparently,the Sheik is non-Muslim:

Is it allowed for a father to force his daughter to marry a specific man that she does not want to mary?

Neither the father nor anyone other than the father may force a woman who is under his guardianship to marry a man that she does not want to many. In fact, her permission must be sought. The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said,

"The non-virgin [without a husband] must not be married until she is consulted. A virgin must not be married until her permission is sought." They said, "O Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) how is her permission given?" He said, "By her being silent." Another narration states, "Her silence is her permission." Yet a third narration states, "A virgin's father seeks her permission and her permission is her remaining silent."

The father must seek her permission if she is nine years of age or above

http://www.khalidmosque.com/en/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=96&categories=Pre-Marriage&parent_id=75#186
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Kobojunkie: 12:16am On Oct 22, 2007
WOW, should this thread now be moved to Religious Forum?? Cause this is fast turning into a Religion issue. sad
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Nobody: 12:31am On Oct 22, 2007
@ kobojunkie, islam is a political movement no matter how loudly this hypocritical "non-muslims" shout.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Kobojunkie: 12:33am On Oct 22, 2007
davidylan:

@ kobojunkie, islam is a political movement no matter how loudly this hypocritical "non-muslims" shout.

I try to stay away from the religious stuff cause I have come to learn it gets people no where good. I do understand many like to remain ignorant , Like instead of facing issues, we create comfort zones we run to each time a particular topic is brought up. What irks me the most is how a person can watch all those videos and still call it a Zionist thing against Islam as a whole.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by naijaking1: 12:47am On Oct 22, 2007
@Kobojunkie

The frustration and exasperation is mutual, trust me. Even without a formal education as a child, I always suspected that people's religions are incidents of their birth, most of the time. My position of reverence and understanding for all Worlds religions is based on the proven sociological and anthropological fact that our choosen or adopted religions are functions of our places, and even time of birth more than 90% of the time. If I had been born in places different from where I was born, i could have ended up a Muslim, Jew, Hindi, or even Buddhist; and so could you my friend. Given that we have no control of where we are born, it goes to show that most people don't have a say in their religious adaption.

@nwando
In as much as your posts are informative, there is no doubt that the woman, even if she is 100% truthful in her speech does not represent majority of Muslim women. I am sure there are opposing and counter views to those of hers. I was in in ATL when a Nigerian woman made headlines about how the government of Abubaker was after the genitals of her two small girls in an immigration law suit. If I did not personally know her good Christian family in Enugu, I might have been fooled like others. My point? Always question everything!

@Davidylan
Thanks for bringing the discussion back to the topic. You want to know what we could gain from Iran? I would answer you by asking what are we going to loose by being associated with them, via the picture of our presidents? If you understand that we have bilateral diplomatic, counsellar relationship with Iran, then you would understand the futility of even questioning this picture. As far as I know, we belong to the same OPEC, Non-aligned nations, and unfortunately to OIC as you earlier pointed out.

Certainly, if there are other reasons not based soley on religion why our president should be seen in the same picture as the Iranian president, i like to know.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Iman3(m): 12:53am On Oct 22, 2007
naijaking1:

@Davidylan
Thanks for bringing the discussion back to the topic. You want to know what we could gain from Iran? I would answer you by asking what are we going to loose by being associated with them, via the picture of our presidents? If you understand that we have bilateral diplomatic, counsellar relationship with Iran, then you would understand the futility of even questioning this picture. As far as I know, we belong to the same OPEC, Non-aligned nations, and unfortunately to OIC as you earlier pointed out.

Certainly, if there are other reasons not based soley on religion why our president should be seen in the same picture as the Iranian president, i like to know.

Firstly,you answer a question with a question which means you have no answer.We purpotedly signed an economic agreement with Iran.Normally,policy is determined by asking what a nation stands to gain by implementing a particular policy,not simply what a nation stands to lose.We shouldn't sign agreements simply because we can't see what we might lose,we should sign agreements because we stand to benefit from it
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Kobojunkie: 12:58am On Oct 22, 2007
naijaking1:

@Kobojunkie

The frustration and exasperation is mutual, trust me. Even without a formal education as a child, I always suspected that people's religions are incidents of their birth, most of the time. My position of reverence and understanding for all Worlds religions is based on the proven sociological and anthropological fact that our choosen or adopted religions are functions of our places, and even time of birth more than 90% of the time. If I had been born in places different from where I was born, i could have ended up a Muslim, Jew, Hindi, or even Buddhist; and so could you my friend. Given that we have no control of where we are born, it goes to show that most people don't have a say in their religious adaption.

But @NaijaKing,  That has nothing to do with what I am talking about here,  I myself have no problem with a persons religion of choice. I make it clear with all persons, if you want to worship the giant carbage head, I am all for it but denying the problems that may exist within the religion or among people in the religious sect is what I am against. I myself happen to be a Christian and from what I have come to learn of my religion of choice, I would never deny it anyday if someone came up to me to say that Christians are allowed to spank their kids or that the bible says God condones war or the bible says nothing bad about there existing a Master to slave relationship between persons or that the bible says to kick out the trouble maker. Every Relgion has it's oohs and ahhs, denying it does not make it go away or make your case. If you ask me, I actually have deep respect for those who practice sharia law knowing fully well that that is what their belief demands of them and they are willing to go all the way with it and not half and half. I would not live in such a place myself but from afar, I respect the fact that these people are at least honest with themselves and are not trying to play the tongue game with me. I have listened to extremist talk about their beliefs and so far, I am yet to see anything wrong with their belief. Infact, I am all for them believing what they want to believe but if a person decides to exercise his belief in a way that it CAUSES HARM TO ANOTHER HUMAN BEING, that is where I draw the line and use my head and heart to judge. And that is what I am calling you to do here @Naijaking

In this case, we have muslim women complaining about treatments they were subjected to in the name of the religion and you are here telling me that somehow because that also exists in other places means the arguments in those videos should be tossed aside??  The woman in the video talking about how she was forced to marry at 12, the other who was attacked by men cause of some mistake or something. All those things you listed earlier as vices that exist in most every place you look are also the same that we have the police cracking down on. Do you ever consider, in your reverencing other religions that you could have also come as a woman in some other religion and would have had to be subjected to exactly the same thing these women have been??

I would like to understand how your tossing those aside equal REVERANCE for religions?
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Nobody: 1:51am On Oct 22, 2007
naijaking1:

@nwando
In as much as your posts are informative, there is no doubt that the woman, even if she is 100% truthful in her speech does not represent majority of Muslim women. I am sure there are opposing and counter views to those of hers. I was in in ATL when a Nigerian woman made headlines about how the government of Abubaker was after the genitals of her two small girls in an immigration law suit. If I did not personally know her good Christian family in Enugu, I might have been fooled like others. My point? Always question everything!

Did you watch the video clip before posting this response,if not watch it,if so I am shocked at this response.
The woman not representing 100% of muslim women do you mean that 100% of muslim women do not agree with the sharia regarding sexual pleasure from babies as evil as entrenched in shia Islamic sharia laws or they deny that it exists?
please clarify

Just as you put it,there's a chance you would have been born a  Muslim female in Bahrain or Iran.
Are you telling me that the world should not care that a 53 year old man can caress and finger a little 3 month old girl  for his pleasure and claim that since his religion permits him to,we should all go to blazes ?
I am appalled and pray to God that's not what you're saying.

Yaradua should not be hanging with perverts like Ahmedinajad.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Nobody: 1:57am On Oct 22, 2007
naijaking1:

In as much as your posts are informative, there is no doubt that[b] the woman, even if she is 100% truthful in her speech does not represent majority of Muslim women[/b].

you are right that the woman does not represent majority of muslim women. But can you seriously imagine a muslim woman going on national TV to complain in places like Iran and Saudi Arabia?
The few you see who dare speak up are safely cocooned in the US or Europe - the very shaitans they are taught to hate.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by naijaking1: 2:45am On Oct 22, 2007
I-man:

Firstly,you answer a question with a question which means you have no answer.We purpotedly signed an economic agreement with Iran.Normally,policy is determined by asking what a nation stands to gain by implementing a particular policy,not simply what a nation stands to lose.We shouldn't sign agreements simply because we can't see what we might lose,we should sign agreements because we stand to benefit from it

Looking back, I agree that my response come as a circular arguement. I meant to say that since we already have diplomatic ties with Iran, debating whether our 2 presidents should be seen in a picture is mute.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by naijaking1: 2:58am On Oct 22, 2007
Kobojunkie:

But @NaijaKing, That has nothing to do with what I am talking about here, I myself have no problem with a persons religion of choice. I make it clear with all persons, if you want to worship the giant carbage head, I am all for it but denying the problems that may exist within the religion or among people in the religious sect is what I am against. I myself happen to be a Christian and from what I have come to learn of my religion of choice, I would never deny it anyday if someone came up to me to say that Christians are allowed to spank their kids or that the bible says God condones war or the bible says nothing bad about there existing a Master to slave relationship between persons or that the bible says to kick out the trouble maker. Every Relgion has it's oohs and ahhs, denying it does not make it go away or make your case. If you ask me, I actually have deep respect for those who practice sharia law knowing fully well that that is what their belief demands of them and they are willing to go all the way with it and not half and half. I would not live in such a place myself but from afar, I respect the fact that these people are at least honest with themselves and are not trying to play the tongue game with me. I have listened to extremist talk about their beliefs and so far, I am yet to see anything wrong with their belief. Infact, I am all for them believing what they want to believe but if a person decides to exercise his belief in a way that it CAUSES HARM TO ANOTHER HUMAN BEING, that is where I draw the line and use my head and heart to judge. And that is what I am calling you to do here @Naijaking

In this case, we have muslim women complaining about treatments they were subjected to in the name of the religion and you are here telling me that somehow because that also exists in other places means the arguments in those videos should be tossed aside?? The woman in the video talking about how she was forced to marry at 12, the other who was attacked by men cause of some mistake or something. All those things you listed earlier as vices that exist in most every place you look are also the same that we have the police cracking down on. Do you ever consider, in your reverencing other religions that you could have also come as a woman in some other religion and would have had to be subjected to exactly the same thing these women have been??

I would like to understand how your tossing those aside equal REVERANCE for religions?
Common brother, look at it this way: there about a billion Muslims world-wide.

If we take half of them to women, that would equal approximately 500million. Now we have a sample of bad experience from one of them, them we use the result of that sampling to characterize the remaining 499million----, or so women.

Statistically, that is wrong due to inadequate sampling. Type I or II error--- I don't remember, but the result is invalid.
All I'm saying is before making long term impression about Islam, I need more samples.

Until then I urge you to continue to have greater tolerance for Islam and other religions---- eh don't let them convert you either by force or otherwise.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Kobojunkie: 3:07am On Oct 22, 2007
naijaking1:

Common brother, look at it this way: there about a billion Muslims world-wide.

If we take half of them to women, that would equal approximately 500million. Now we have a sample of bad experience from one of them, them we use the result of that sampling to characterize the remaining 499million----, or so women.

Statistically, that is wrong due to inadequate sampling. Type I or II error--- I don't remember, but the result is invalid.
All I'm saying is before making long term impression about Islam, I need more samples.

Until then I urge you to continue to have greater tolerance for Islam and other religions---- eh don't let them convert you either by force or otherwise.

I love the way you try to play that one AGAIN to the side to make it seem that there is some sort of way I am trying to put down Islam for you here @Naijaking,  How did you read my post and come to the conclusion that I am speaking of all the women in Islam, from those videos?? once again you completely put the cries to the side by claiming since it is only , according to you, one woman, then that should not be an issue?? Common @Naijaking,  READ my post for once as it is and stop trying to insert what does not belong in there, 

Here's my thought on you,  You do not want to address the issue at all,  I have no idea why. The conversation came to the videos,  and on those videos you see women who are being abused in the name of religion by their men, and you jump to push it aside. I tell you that you can not do that cause even if they are not that many ,  it is still a case and somehow you want to claim I am saying ALL WOMEN IN ISLAM ARE BEING SUBJECTED TO THE SAME Again,  what has what I posted up there about the women in those videos to do with what you just replied me with here?? @NaijaKing ,

What has the lines I have underlined in your post to do with what I posted above to you??
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by naijaking1: 3:13am On Oct 22, 2007
nwando:

Did you watch the video clip before posting this response,if not watch it,if so I am shocked at this response.
The woman not representing 100% of muslim women do you mean that 100% of muslim women do not agree with the sharia regarding sexual pleasure from babies as evil as entrenched in shia Islamic sharia laws or they deny that it exists?
please clarify

Just as you put it,there's a chance you would have been born a  Muslim female in Bahrain or Iran.
Are you telling me that the world should not care that a 53 year old man can caress and finger a little 3 month old girl  for his pleasure and claim that since his religion permits him to,we should all go to blazes ?
I am appalled and pray to God that's not what you're saying.

Yaradua should not be hanging with perverts like Ahmedinajad.

I surely watched the video, remember I told you it was informative.

My only problem is using that video to characterise all Muslim women. If other people had seen the video of that Nigerian woman---- name witheld, telling a pathetic US audience how the military government in naija was after her girls' genitals. You and me know that despite stealing and looting, the military government in naija never engaged in genital mutilation. I would hate for all naija women to be so characterized just as I would hate for all Iranian women to be characterized. This is my reason for questioning everything.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Kobojunkie: 3:23am On Oct 22, 2007
naijaking1:

I surely watched the video, remember I told you it was informative.

My only problem is using that video to characterise all Muslim women. If other people had seen the video of that Nigerian woman---- name witheld, telling a pathetic US audience how the military government in naija was after her girls' genitals. You and me know that despite stealing and looting, the military government in naija never engaged in genital mutilation. I would hate for all naija women to be so characterized just as I would hate for all Iranian women to be characterized. This is my reason for questioning everything.

NO ONE BUT YOU HAS so far tried to use the "ALL MUSLIM WOMEN ARE CHARACTERISED THAT WAY" Argument @NaijaKing, You are the one who keeps trying to make this an "ALL MUSLIM WOMEN" issue, If anyone with a clear mind would read my post up there, the person would note that I speak of only those women who were talked of in the videos, and not ALL MUSLIM WOMEN. If you had not mentioned earlier that you were not a muslim, I would have sworn all you have been offering up so far has been nothing but islamic apologetic. You have been trying all you can to defend and toss to the side the arguments laid forth by the women on the videos, who happen to be muslims themselves.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Nobody: 3:42am On Oct 22, 2007
Is Naijaking on the payroll of the Saudi monarchy?
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by denex: 6:26am On Oct 22, 2007
@I-man

Since you've gone to Saudi to quote a man who was not in the Koran, let me also tell you about some people you should know.

Warren Jeffs, convicted only last month was involved in marrying off little girls to aged men in his 10000 member strong church. He has also forced many of the female members to live under polygamy. Members of the Mormon sect of Christianity who practice such acts number in their millions in the USA. They also believe that when they die, God will give them a planet with all its inhabitants for them to rule over. Perhaps the inhibitants may likely be Martians.

Pastor David Berg (aka King David, Moses David, Mo, Father David, Dad or Grandpa to members of the COG) founded the Children Of God or better Family Of Love, now known as The Family International in 1968. The Church grew from the USA to the UK, France, Japan, Portugal, Phillipines and Canada.

At least 6 women, including his two daughters and two granddaughters have publicly declared that Pastor Berg sexually abused them while they were kids.

In 1974, the Church began to employ a method of evangelism known as Flirty Fishing: using sex to show God's love and win converts. The female disciples sent out fro Flirty Fishing were called WHORES FOR CHRIST. Members of the church were allowed to sleep with each other's children and wives interchangeably.

The Church had writings, videos and photographs advocating and documentating adult-child sexual contact, sexualization of children.

Pastor Berg forbade homosexuality among men. Bisexuality was condoned among women though. Pastor Berg advocates for babies should be sexually stimulated by their nannies. In fact, he wrote a manual on how it should be done.

Even in Nigeria, we've had our own Reverend King. Yet people have not used these isolated cases to judge what the Christian doctrine is all about.

@nwando

Shia Islamic Sharia Law?

For God sake the woman is not a muslim! She said it in like a 10 page tract. What else do you want to know.

The only way I will accept your video is if it is footage of Ayatollah Khomeini or Prophet Mohammed advocating child abuse and bestiality. If not, there's no use.

@ ALL

well, since they have completely demonised Ahmedinejad because he's a muslim, I wonder what kind of propaganda they'll spread about Hugo Chavez. I'm sure they're working on it.

A Prime Minister who worships cattle and believe in caste segregation and the keeping of eunochs has just visited Yar'Adua, hugs and all, yet no one is talking. Abeg make una free us jare. Tomorrow if Yar'Adua shakes Hugo Chavez, they'll find something to say.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 22, 2007
@ Denex, your position as with that of most hypocritical muslims is very weak. Kobojunkie talked about this already, the islamic tendency to attempt to rationalise Islams's dirty secrets by scurrying around ferreting for just about any isolated christian excuse.

I look at the above "christian" examples you give and its not too hard to see the glaring difference. Sex with animals and pedophilia in islam cannot be blamed on "non-muslims" . . . Permiting men to have sex with animals is present in the hadith, mohammed himself is an example of a pedophile . . .

Contrast that with your puerile examples. The bible does not sanction any of those people you mention neither can they claim to take their cue from Jesus Christ. Even the secular law enforcement agents had Warren Jeffs on their most wanted list for 2 yrs and is facing charges of polygamy and pedophilia. . .
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 22, 2007
denex:

well, since they have completely demonised Ahmedinejad because he's a muslim, I wonder what kind of propaganda they'll spread about Hugo Chavez. I'm sure they're working on it.

You are trying to bury the truth in endless deluge of meaningless words. The problem with ahmedinejad is not merely because he is muslim, its is because he is president of a nation that is actively funding world wide terrorism!
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by denex: 8:44am On Oct 22, 2007
@davidylan

I was just trying to show I-man that it is no use quoting Isolated madmen to represent a religion. It will also do you some good to quote the part of the Koran where bestiality and paedophilia are preached. Please show me something.

You can't just wake up in the middle of the night and post whatever you dreamt up.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Kobojunkie: 12:41pm On Oct 22, 2007
davidylan:

@ Denex, your position as with that of most hypocritical muslims is very weak. Kobojunkie talked about this already, the islamic tendency to attempt to rationalise Islams's dirty secrets by scurrying around ferreting for just about any isolated christian excuse.

I look at the above "christian" examples you give and its not too hard to see the glaring difference. Sex with animals and pedophilia in islam cannot be blamed on "non-muslims" . . . Permiting men to have sex with animals is present in the hadith, mohammed himself is an example of a pedophile . . .

Contrast that with your puerile examples. The bible does not sanction any of those people you mention neither can they claim to take their cue from Jesus Christ. Even the secular law enforcement agents had Warren Jeffs on their most wanted list for 2 years and is facing charges of polygamy and pedophilia. . .

Might I also add that all the listed examples were of people who were CONVICTED not just by the law but by Christians who happened to sit in Judgement Against them and made sure they were Sent to JAIL FOR THEIR ACTS which they supposedly commited in the name of Christianity@DavidLyan,
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by denex: 1:27pm On Oct 22, 2007
Pastor Moses David Berg, aka Mo, aka King David, aka Dad, aka Grandpa was convicted by whom?

Anyways, the purpose of citing these examples was to stop other people from citing causes of some mental misfits to represent a religion.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Kobojunkie: 1:48pm On Oct 22, 2007
denex:

Pastor Moses David Berg, aka Mo, aka King David, aka Dad, aka Grandpa was convicted by whom?

Anyways, the purpose of citing these examples was to stop other people from citing causes of some mental misfits to represent a religion.

uumm,  the reason why he was never convicted for his crime was cause there was not enough evidence to use to bag the man. I know of and have seen a couple of documentaries on the man and even the reporters had to admit themselves that they do not have solid evidence to present to law enforcement who could only site  him on minor charges like kidnapping which were later dropped cause the supposed victims refused to testify. But, I am sure a lot of people out there were trying all they could to bring him and his cult down and tried every which way they could.

I have read of the woman you call a misfit and I do not understand why she happens to be a misfit to you. But what about the other women?? Or even the HYMEN video. Are those women also misfits?? Are the other women who were attacked and molested, misfits ?? Here is my stand here. As a Christian and  a human being,  to see a woman being attacked by a pastor, a priest or heck anyone, or even anyone that claimed to be a Christian, OH MY GOSH!!!! I will make sure that He is arrested and put away for as long as possible. Infact, against a child?? If nothing, I may even be the one to shoot him and deal with the consequences of my action. Watching you in here, after such videos continue to offer up apologetics and excuses and pointing fingers at others, just makes me wonder the kind of people you essentially are. I am sorry but from the much I have read, I am close to asking God to never let my kids cross your paths cause you all are scaring me with all this.

Reverend King in Nigeria, I never heard of. If you have so much evidence against the man yourself, WHY PRAY TELL DID YOU NOT GO TO THE AUTHORITIES WITH THE EVIDENCE AS A HUMAN BEING, TO SEE HIM PUNISHED FOR WHAtEVER ILLS HE COMMITED AGAINST OTHERS ILLEGALLY
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Iman3(m): 3:21pm On Oct 22, 2007
denex:

@davidylan

I was just trying to show I-man that it is no use quoting Isolated madmen to represent a religion. It will also do you some good to quote the part of the Koran where bestiality and paedophilia are preached. Please show me something.

I quoted Sheik ibn Baaz from an Islamic website and you describe him as "Isolated madmen".Let me remind you that the Sheik was the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia.Do you know Islam better than the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia?So the man is an isolated mad man and you are more knowledgeable than him?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abd-al-Aziz_ibn_Abd-Allah_ibn_Baaz
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by denex: 3:32pm On Oct 22, 2007
You're not reminding me. You're telling me for the very first time. And if this man ever preached bestiality and paedophilia, then he is mad. As mad as David Berg.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Kobojunkie: 3:35pm On Oct 22, 2007
denex:

You're not reminding me. You're telling me for the very first time. And if this man ever preached bestiality and paedophilia, then he is mad. As mad as David Berg.

Did you see David Berg preaching these things yourself?? or you are only repeating what you have read of him and seen on undercover videos as many of us ?? Actually the whole beastiality, same with pedophilia issue is this. It is not against secular law to preach it even though it is against christian belief but if you are CAUGHT doing it. You are going down !!! If you have not noticed, there has been a crackdown on those who have been involved in such. Remember the issue with the catholic church priests who were involved and how Christians have been calling for the church to bring them down and so far many of them have been brought to justice. The Church is no more seen as sanctuary for criminals and so crimes are even being reported by pastors and pastors are being reported by their own co pastors.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Iman3(m): 3:38pm On Oct 22, 2007
denex:

Shouldn't you have checked first before condenming him as an isolated mad man? I never said he preached bestiality but he did condone sex with 9 year olds.In any case,Mohammed married a 9 year old so the Grand Mufti was not saying anything odd
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 22, 2007
http://www.ordoesitexplode.com/me/2006/06/time_profiles_m.html

Time Profiles Ms. Jamsheer

At the end of 2005, The Joker selected Bahraini women's rights activist Ghada Jamsheer as his "Person of the Year." The Joker's committee of one recognized Jamsheer for standing up to the Bahraini regime, to the judges, and to the Islamists. Now, Time magazine is following the Joker's lead, and runs a brief profile of Jamsheer:

Five years ago, Ghada Jamsheer was at the courts in Bahrain when she saw a woman sobbing and banging her head on the ground; applying Islamic law, a judge had just denied her custody of her children in a divorce case. Horrified, Jamsheer, herself a divorcée with custody of her daughter, launched a campaign for women's rights in the gulf. She founded and leads the Women's Petition Committee, a grassroots organization that is waging a bold campaign against Bahrain's Shari'a court system. With no staff, financial support or training in law or religion but enough guts to make an Emir tremble, she has meticulously sought out hundreds of women denied justice and compiled their stories.

To publicize their plight, she has arranged noisy protests, spoken out in Arab media, and complained to local and international leaders. Among the wrongs she seeks to fix: systematic bias against women in divorce cases, a husband's right to custody of children from age 7, and customs allowing "temporary marriages" that amount to prostitution and abuse of young girls. Jamsheer wants to remove Shari'a judges who abuse their power to interpret the Koran as they wish, and eventually have civil courts replace the Shari'a system.

Her committee avoids opening a formal office, she says, so that Islamic fundamentalists "don't burn it down." "We have to have equal rights for women in the Arab world," she told Time. "I know it is a dream, but we will have it someday."

Ms. Jamsheer, with the very best of intentions and sentiments: please keep dreaming.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 22, 2007
Kobojunkie:

Reverend King in Nigeria, I never heard of. If you have so much evidence against the man yourself, WHY PRAY TELL DID YOU NOT GO TO THE AUTHORITIES WITH THE EVIDENCE AS A HUMAN BEING, TO SEE HIM PUNISHED FOR WHAtEVER ILLS HE COMMITED AGAINST OTHERS ILLEGALLY

Just to add that Reverend King already has a death sentence passed on him pending an appeal. He is locked up in jail at present so let Denex come up with better excuses.

oyb:

Ms. Jamsheer, with the very best of intentions and sentiments: please keep dreaming.

I agree that she is merely dreaming, i only hope she wakes up soon to realise that fact. She apparently misjudges the struggle for women's rights in Arab countries to be similar to civil rights movements in the US. the problem is arab countries operate strictly on the quran . . . she cant fight against allah's alleged words and win.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by naijaking1: 6:51pm On Oct 22, 2007
@Kobokjunkie
I did not start the refrerence to Muslim women, the person who posted an article and then video links about the treatment of women from an Islamic point of view did.

My point again: those few anecdotal incidents do not qualify for us to characterize all Muslim women the same, it does not qualify to label Islam as a religion of women and child abuse, it does not rise up to the level of disrespecting Islam, and finally it does not prove that our president should not be seen in a picture with the Iranian president, because he belonged to the shiite religious sect.

@Davidylan
I go die laughing -oo.
Yea, some time I wish I'm on somebody's benevolent payroll like the Saudis.

That way I go retire and devout more time to preaching and educating people on the need to maintain a secular society, just like Benjamin Franklin whose copy of the Quoran was used to swear-in the first Muslim member of US house of Rep. last year.

Remember, Franklin was a devout christian, a mystic, and a statesman, not a Muslim apologist, but he respected all religions.

My experience is that having a copy of the Quoran and the Thalmud makes it more informative to read and appraciate the Bible.

@Denex
There you go again!

Presenting Warren Jeff, David Berg, and Pastor King as typical christians is wrong, because they represent less than 1% of christians.

Why don't you talk about Pastor Adeboye, the Pope, Cardinal Arinze, and even mother Theresa.

Personally, I don't see any merit for attacking Ahmadinajad based on his religion, but there maybe merits for attacking him based on his cheap anti-zionist stand calculated simply to enhance his position in the Islamic World.

Once again, we have to make a calculated analysis of the pros/cons of maintaining a diplomatic ties with him and his country.
Re: Picture of President 'yar Adua With Ahmadinejad In New York by Kobojunkie: 7:03pm On Oct 22, 2007
naijaking1:

@Kobokjunkie
I did not start the refrerence to Muslim women, the person who posted an article and then video links about the treatment of women from an Islamic point of view did.

My point again: those few anecdotal incidents do not qualify for us to characterize all Muslim women the same, it does not qualify to label Islam as a religion of women and child abuse, it does not rise up to the level of disrespecting Islam, and finally it does not prove that our president should not be seen in a picture with the Iranian president, because he belonged to the shiite religious sect.

Once again you completely Miss the Point @NaijaKing ,  Do you really take time to read what I post, cause this is like the 3rd one now that you have completely ignored the points in the posts, to go on commenting on what is not even listed at all in the posts. YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE GOING ON AND ON AND ON ABOUT THIS BEING ABOUT ALL MUSLIM WOMEN ,  NO ONE ELSE BUT YOU HAS GONE ON AND ON FOR HOURS NOW ABOUT THAT. FOCuS ON WHAT THE POSTS ARE REALLY ABOUT PLEASE, .

You Keep providing this CHICKEN PICK APPROACH To answering the questions asked you that is why I for one have been trying to get you to see that you are completely EVADING THE REAL QUESTIONS AND FOCUSING ON WHAT YOU JUST WANT TO SEE  claiming you reverance all beliefs while ELUDING THE MAIN TOPIC here @NaijaKing

Can you See my POSts or is my font TOO SMALL?? I understand if you do not want to answer the questions but when you keep posting those same words in reply to posts which are completely disconnected from what I post there, I smell something else going on @naijaKing

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Catholic Priest, Rev Fr (dr) Dennis E. Osuagwu Murdered By Hoodlums Yesterday / Paris Funds: President Buhari meets With Nigerian Governors Forum / COVID-19: Ondo Cancels Easter Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.