Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,648 members, 7,854,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 02:44 AM

Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong (15025 Views)

Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill / Anti-Same Sex Marriage Bill Scales Second Reading In House Of Reps / Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by EvilBrain1(m): 11:33pm On Dec 14, 2011
Deep Sight:

There are se[b]x[/b]ual practices that can actually be very very physically harmful and even constitute assault and battery. Such as Bondage, Domination, Sado Masochism. Why is no one criminalizing these?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominance_and_submission

And if that is criminalized, just how many se[b]x[/b]ual perversions will we go on to criminalize?

This is misdirected energy.

Obviously, they're hoping that by passing this bill they can make Nigerians to forget what a lazy, useless bunch of parasites they all are. They are hoping that we'll forget that they failed to pass the Petroleum Industry Bill last term and that the bill has to start the entire process again from scratch. They are hoping we'll forget about the dozens of other important bills that they've been sitting on, some for up to a decade, without passing.

They are hoping that we'll forget about how they were able to amend the constitution in record time to protect their jumbo allowances, yet they couldn't find time to make the small change that would allow states to control the electricity they generate by themselves and improve the power situation. They want us to forget about the sharing of money every time they pass a budget.

But one day their hour will come. I don't know what will happen in the future, but there can be no doubt that things cannot remain this way for long.

1 Like

Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by Tetegh(m): 8:53am On Feb 06, 2013
Well Mr. who-thinks-anti-gay-right-bill-is-wrong smiley, go ahead and tell us why necrophilia should be considered a crime anywhere at all too. I could say some people are born with such sexuality too or better still we should also make legal, a law which permits people to marry animals if they so wished cheesy. I don't even know why we should dispute with people who are color blind, if I should go with your persuasions, cos they were born that way grin; I guess we should not in any way try to correct them for what they know as colors. when things are wrong, you can smell there stench, its not a matter of philosophical arguments.
I suggest that if you have any grievances with the senate house, you should lash at them without bringing anything about same sex marriage into it. That would be more intelligent and reasonable.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by rhymz(m): 7:36pm On Feb 07, 2013
Evil Brain:

Obviously, they're hoping that by passing this bill they can make Nigerians to forget what a lazy, useless bunch of parasites they all are. They are hoping that we'll forget that they failed to pass the Petroleum Industry Bill last term and that the bill has to start the entire process again from scratch. They are hoping we'll forget about the dozens of other important bills that they've been sitting on, some for up to a decade, without passing.

They are hoping that we'll forget about how they were able to amend the constitution in record time to protect their jumbo allowances, yet they couldn't find time to make the small change that would allow states to control the electricity they generate by themselves and improve the power situation. They want us to forget about the sharing of money every time they pass a budget.

But one day their hour will come. I don't know what will happen in the future, but there can be no doubt that things cannot remain this way for long.
It is so obvious that you are gay. Anyway, the world does not revolve around you and your ilks....get used to that.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by Dede1(m): 8:14pm On Feb 07, 2013
@OP

Nigerians in particular and Africans in general always look moronic in their choice of analogy. I guess the 1999 Nigerian constitution makes it clear on the provision of human right. The pronouncement is “human” not the acts of human. If heterosexuals form a group and decide to disturb our social decorum with their bedroom antics or roadside shows, I bet you there should be a law against such ridiculous shenanigans. I do not know what or who created the earth however in my assessment, the creator is not a fool. There was no atom of blunder when he\she\it created man and woman. I guess anybody who wants to distort the natural mandate should have a little discomfort. It is very natural.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by rhymz(m): 2:22am On Feb 10, 2013
Dede1: @OP

Nigerians in particular and Africans in general always look moronic in their choice of analogy. I guess the 1999 Nigerian constitution makes it clear on the provision of human right. The pronouncement is “human” not the acts of human. If heterosexuals form a group and decide to disturb our social decorum with their bedroom antics or roadside shows, I bet you there should be a law against such ridiculous shenanigans. I do not know what or who created the earth however in my assessment, the creator is not a fool. There was no atom of blunder when he\she\it created man and woman. I guess anybody who wants to distort the natural mandate should have a little discomfort. It is very natural.
you could not have said it any better. I keep telling these gay mongers that no right is absolute or infinit in itself, it will have to be in the limits of its jurisdiction to stand else, whatever benefits derivable from it will be null and void. For instance, everyone has the right to freedom of worship but can one still argue about such rights if he goes beyond the boundries of such rights and start making human sacrifices as part of worship, NO?
I have rights to gather with my friends and form any association and fight for rights but if the basis of such formation is such that will threaten people's existence or way of life, don't be surpeised if you lose such rights.
Being gay is a decision and not some natural phenomenon that just happened to some unfortunate person. Such decisions should not be rammed down our oesophagus just so we can look accommodating and advanced while such misnormer takes it toll on way of life.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by Dede1(m): 3:47pm On Feb 11, 2013
rhymz: you could not have said it any better. I keep telling these gay mongers that no right is absolute or infinit in itself, it will have to be in the limits of its jurisdiction to stand else, whatever benefits derivable from it will be null and void. For instance, everyone has the right to freedom of worship but can one still argue about such rights if he goes beyond the boundries of such rights and start making human sacrifices as part of worship, NO?
I have rights to gather with my friends and form any association and fight for rights but if the basis of such formation is such that will threaten people's existence or way of life, don't be surpeised if you lose such rights.
Being gay is a decision and not some natural phenomenon that just happened to some unfortunate person. Such decisions should not be rammed down our oesophagus just so we can look accommodating and advanced while such misnormer takes it toll on way of life.

It is unfortunate that Africans tend to cow tow whatever nonsense the Europeans throw at the world. In most European and American countries, POLYGAMY is a crime. There is no greater denial of human right than infringing on the rights of grown man and woman to get married or freely associate in wedlock. It is a shame that Africans will fight to their miserable deaths because of the skewed natural values Europeans deemed necessary even when such value contradicts the essence of human existence and African values.

What is wrong with polygamy and right about homosexual? Africans have cherished the idea of polygamy while the Europeans detest it. In the other hand, Africans detest homosexual while the Europeans embraced it.

If a man wants to marry 100 wives as long as the 100 women agreed to marry one man, it does not knock anybody’s ball.

As far as I am concerned homosexual is a bloody and foolish lifestyle. The cases of Billy Jena King and Icelandic Prime Minister are popular examples.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by Dede1(m): 4:06pm On Feb 11, 2013
I can not fathom how the ban on polygamy in many European and American countries is making them productive and progressive. It is unfortunate that most Africans do not grasp the underlining motive of the approach to accept homosexual and detest polygamy. The hidden agendum of these human approaches to life is population control.

Homosexual equals extinction. For example, populate an Island with homosexual human beings and return 100 years later, you definitely will find Island empty of human beings.

In the other hand, populate another Island with polygamous families and return 100 years later, you definitely will find the Island teeming with human beings both beautiful and ugly ones.

1 Like

Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by EvilBrain1(m): 5:25pm On Jan 05, 2014
The senate just passed the harmonised version of this horrible bill. And they've made no attempt to fix the draconian and unconstitutional parts.

Time to resurrect the old thread.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by EvilBrain1(m): 5:26pm On Jan 05, 2014
Bump
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by EvilBrain1(m): 5:28pm On Jan 05, 2014
Bump bump bump!
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by Horus(m): 5:38pm On Jan 05, 2014
Evil Brain: The senate just passed the harmonised version of this horrible bill. And they've made no attempt to fix the draconian and unconstitutional parts.

Time to resurrect the old thread.

Can you post the "harmonised version" of the bill on the forum
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by UyiIredia(m): 5:49pm On Jan 05, 2014
Evil Brain: The most obvious problem with this bill is that it is completely unconstitutional. In fact, it violates the 1999 constitution is so many ways that it's shocking to me that it even survived its first reading talk less of being passed.

It has provisions to prevent gäys from forming associations, gathering together, protesting or petitioning the government. It makes witnessing, publicising or promoting gäy marriage a crime. By doing this, it tramples on freedom of expression, freedom of association, freedom of assembly, the right of the people to petition the government to redress greivances and limits open political discourse.

It is important to note that this affects the rights of not only gäys, but all Nigerians. If this becomes law, anyone who forms an HIV/AIDS advocacy group that targets hömösexuals will be liable to a long prison sentence. Even posting on this thread will make you a criminal. This cannot be allowed to happen in a democracy.

This is applicable to other abberancies.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by EvilBrain1(m): 5:58pm On Jan 05, 2014
Horus:

Can you post the "harmonised version" of the bill on the forum

I'm still trying to find a copy. The NA is useless when it comes to public access to documents.

As far as I know, its essentially the same bill they passed 2 years ago. There has been no significant debate on this bill, and they haven't even acknowledged its many problems, not to talk of fixing them.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by EvilBrain1(m): 6:09pm On Jan 05, 2014
Deleted.

Double post
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by EvilBrain1(m): 6:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
Found a copy at hurvi.org Here's the [url=hurvi.org/resources/715a8bcdf528a02a5558b0c6b48bd9c8.pdf] link[/url] (PDF warning).

Its exactly the same bill! How did it take 2 years to pass if they didn't even change anything?
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by beryl04(m): 11:53pm On Feb 10, 2015
i was here
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by patwilly(m): 6:42pm On May 09, 2020
itodoho:
you see, i dont blame many of you here who have supported same sex marriage or rather as you have window dressed it, that preventing same sex marriage by law would set a bad precedent for other laws in the country.anyways, like i said, it is not surprising at all!most of you have spent all if not most of your lives in the west, so much so that you have lost all respect for everything african!otherwise, how can a black person whose fore fathers were conceived after hard,vigourous, sweaty s*xx in the blessed lands of Africa ever contemplate supporting a thing such as same sex marriage?who ever heard of such an abomination!you all should bury your heads in shame oh ye lost souls of Africa!how disgusting, how shocking and yet how painful it is, that you have forgotten the moral virtues of your forbears! i say shame on you all!for you are all lost indeed and while you mothers weep and cry for this disgraceful generation, may their curses yet follow all of you to your grave! i have said my piece.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by Dogogo1900: 7:42pm On May 09, 2020
EvilBrain1:
There have been a lot of comments recently on this forum about the "anti gäy-marriage bill" most of them being curses or insults directed at gäys and claims of hömösexuality being unafrican. The few voices who have spoken out against the bill have been shoured down and accused of being closet hömösexuals and children of the devil. In order to prevent this forum from becoming an echo-chamber, I have decided to put down all the reasons why this bill is harmful and dangerous, and why it must not become law. Prepare for a long read, because there are many of them.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by Dogogo1900: 7:44pm On May 09, 2020
If you are gay it means you have a big problem.
You will not live very long in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily / Scarcity Looms As South-west Marketers ‘stop Lifting Fuel’ / Ikpeazu Kneels Down As Assemblies Of God Pastors Pray For Him To Win 2nd Tenure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.