Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,101 members, 7,845,623 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong (15011 Views)

Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill / Anti-Same Sex Marriage Bill Scales Second Reading In House Of Reps / Same-sex Marriage Bill Is Irrevocable – David Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by komekn(m): 12:26pm On Dec 09, 2011
I find this legislation to be reflective of society and its values and i mean Nigerian society and as you know its government for the people and by the people and the people want this law and so the people got this law.

Therefore in your opinion the people are not sensible if thats the case you can go to where the people are sensible.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by stagger: 12:27pm On Dec 09, 2011
All these people criticizing the anti-gay bill, what have they to say about a similar law in Canada (LAW, not bill) that prescribes a jail term for anyone who preaches the gospel of Jesus Christ to a gay, or who reads from the book of Leviticus where God condemned the practice of homosexuality? The so-called HUMAN RIGHTS CODE?

EXAMPLES
1) In 2005, the Saskatchewan Human Rights Tribunal fined Bill Whatcott, leader of a small group called the Christian Truth Activists, $17,500 because he distributed flyers that had controversial comments about homosexuals.

2) In June 1997, the Saskatchewan Human Rights Tribunal held that Hugh Owens had breached the Human Rights Code by placing in a newspaper an advertisement that gave citations for passages in the Bible. The passages condemn homosexual behaviour. That case is currently on appeal.

Let us face facts. The true people propagating hate speech and intolerance for others are the Western countries and not Nigeria.

THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO DICTATE TO NIGERIA IF WE DECIDE TO PASS A LAW THAT PROHIBITS HOMOSEXUALITY, WHICH IS PERVERSION WORSE THAN ANIMALISTIC IN NATURE.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by erad(m): 12:28pm On Dec 09, 2011
i see people screaming 'human rights' here, I hv a questn, when last was our human rights considered as Nigerians in Nigeria.?? Where's morality when sumfin so morally decadent becums legal?? D bill is a double edged sword, It tramples on our human rights n opens a door for more trampling if left to lie, If same sex marriage is legalised, it also means we shud xpect legaliisation of bestiality pretty soon as well as prostitution cos u selling ur body is actually ur right n choice n nobody's biz, Jst talking from ma small pikin sense o. Maybe it shud be revisited bt same-sex marriage shud remain a crime, only wif milder terms.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by EvilBrain1(m): 12:40pm On Dec 09, 2011
brainpulse:

Pls leave this issue alone. In Democracy majority carries the day. In a society where culture and fundamental principle of man is valued, says it hates the culture that might affect the natural instinct and biological make-up of man.

Clearly, you don't understand what a democracy is.

FYI, while democracy involves majority rule, ir also requires that the majority deos not exercise its power in a tyrannical manner over minorities. That means that whites in America cannot turn the black people into slaves, muslims in Zamfara cannot force christians to convert to Islam, and the PDP cannot abolish other political parties even thought they have the power to do so.

Respect for minority rights is central to the concept of democracy. Nigerian gäys are a minority and we caanot strip them of their constitutional rights. End of story. The rest of you post is just unscientific suppositions and religious stuff so pardon me for ignoring it.

Here's a link to more infromation on minority rights. Please read it and educate yourself.

democracyweb.org/majority/principles.php
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by mostojr: 12:41pm On Dec 09, 2011
I.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 09, 2011
stagger:

All these people criticizing the anti-man-lover bill, what have they to say about a similar law in Canada (LAW, not bill) that prescribes a jail term for anyone who preaches the gospel of Jesus Christ to a man-lover, or who reads from the book of Leviticus where God condemned the practice of homosexuality? The so-called HUMAN RIGHTS CODE?

EXAMPLES
1) In 2005, the Saskatchewan Human Rights Tribunal fined Bill Whatcott, leader of a small group called the Christian Truth Activists, $17,500 because he distributed flyers that had controversial comments about homosexuals.

2) In June 1997, the Saskatchewan Human Rights Tribunal held that Hugh Owens had breached the Human Rights Code by placing in a newspaper an advertisement that gave citations for passages in the Bible. The passages condemn Same-sex behaviour. That case is currently on appeal.

Let us face facts. The true people propagating hate speech and intolerance for others are the Western countries and not Nigeria.

THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO DICTATE TO NIGERIA IF WE DECIDE TO PASS A LAW THAT PROHIBITS HOMOSEXUALITY, WHICH IS PERVERSION WORSE THAN ANIMALISTIC IN NATURE.
undecided and they are one of the  supposed 'human rights' custodians
let no one deceive us.we will make our laws to suit our societal norms
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by EvilBrain1(m): 12:48pm On Dec 09, 2011
brainpulse:

PLease my advice Evil Brain, for God, drop the support, never support what God hates and dislike, not everything must be taken for Joke in life. Your action can have great negative influence on your life. If God can destroy a whole Generation and a Nation for it. Dont dine with God on the wrong side of life.

Your faith (and your god) may be against gäy marriage, but mine makes no judgement about it. Since your religion has no special status over mine in the constitution, your argument is invalid.

I'm curious, what nation did god destroy over hOmösexuality? I hope you don't mean Sodom and Gomorrah, because they were destroyed for failure to show proper hospitality to guests. Neither of the passages in Genesis or Ezekiel mentioned hömösexuälity as a reason for their destruction.

Go and read your bible.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 09, 2011
Mr evil brain or WTF u call urself.homosexuality is sodomy,its disgusting,foolish and against the principles of God and human biology.ur talk of sodom and Gomorrah shows u are a piss head go and read it and understand why God destroyed them.God was disgusted because of dirty lifestyle which ranges from lewdness,homosexuality which was main and serving false gods.How do i even know if u are not one shit-hole fucking gay that wants to use these site to console probably others supporting this are gay.If Nigeria supports it we are doomed for the wrath of God.The end time is approaching faster than we tink with America bringing judgement day faster to our time wit their unholy lifestyle and secret worship of baphomet(satan).EVIL-BRAIN OR SHIT RETRACE UR STEP FAST BFOR U BORN IN HELL FOR THIS NONSENSE U ARE EITHER SUPPORTING OR PRACTISING.SICK BOY.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by okeyxyz(m): 1:08pm On Dec 09, 2011
having read the OP's articles , i'd have to say that he makes mostly good points which any sensible human would agree with. but the OP just somehow drags himself through the same mud that these senators wallow in shamelessly.

so here is my own take:
h0m0sexu4l1ty is unnatural, it's that simple for me, but what can u do about somebody who is g4y? can you make him\her straight, NO, so let them be, there are far bigger issues in life than persecuting homos, one simply cannot help or choose their sexual orientation\identity. but same-sex marriage that's a definite NO!!!

As for the OP, i'd just say to you to find better grounds of morality when you condemn these senators because the same basis that you judge them are very much flawed. words like undemocratic, child-molester, four-term senator(as if that makes David Mark above fault) are just laughable.
it is exactly for democracy that these guys have voted to criminalise h0m0sexu4lity, seriously, can you imagine any of them have a bright political future if he had voted against this bill? i'm sure a lot of these senators are reasonable people, but the truth is that the people they represent will call for their blood if they had done otherwise. so that is democracy for u, it is a silly system, deeply flawed, and a lot of times democracy is evil & history is replete with the evidence, like when slavery was booming & blossoming, supported by democracy, when germans went to war & genocide, that was still democracy. so do not use democracy as a moral standard here, it just is not a smart argument.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by EvilBrain1(m): 1:15pm On Dec 09, 2011
youngies:

@Evil Brain

From your postulations, I can see you are true believer in Democracy.

Things like freedom of association, speech and so on mean a lot to you.

My questions:

1. As a true believer in democracy, don't you know that democracy guarantees that the majority will have their way, while minority their say.

2. Why are you not canvassing for the rights of other minority groups who also have rights to associate and speech. Such groups like armed robbers, p.rostitutes, drug dealers, smugglers, kidnappers, ritualists etc?

3. Why did you fail to demonize the Western democracies who criminalize free practices like bigamy? Don't you think that Bigamy is a cultural thingy?

Thanks for the polite reply.

I already addressed your first point in post #35 above.

As for number 2 I'd like to point out that the rights of all the groups of people you mentioned are guaranteed by the constitution and cannot be revoked.

Even armed robbers, pröstitutes and drug dealers have freedom of speech. They have the right to petition their senators, they have the right to protest, to assemble and associate with whatever groups they want. If charged with a crime, they have the right to fair hearing. Even their freedom of movement cannot be restricted without a full trial a the right to appeal.

Why should gäys be stripped of rights that even convicted urderers still have?

Point 3: I'm not demonizing the west for polygamy (bigamy is a crime, and violates the marriage contract) because I believe that all people have the right follow their own religion and culture.

I'm not demonizing Nigerian christians and Muslims for opposing hömösèxual practices, I'm demonizing them for trying to impose their sharia-like religious rules on the rest of us. I'm neither a christian nor a muslim so why should I have to obey a bunch of religious edicts that I don't believe in? Soon you people will be telling me that I can't drink beer or sleep through sunday morning because it is a sin.

I hope that answers your questions.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by EvilBrain1(m): 1:42pm On Dec 09, 2011
okeyxyz:

having read the OP's articles , i'd have to say that he makes mostly good points which any sensible human would agree with. but the OP just somehow drags himself through the same mud that these senators wallow in shamelessly.

so here is my own take:
h0m0sexu4l1ty is unnatural, it's that simple for me, but what can u do about somebody who is g4y? can you make him\her straight, NO, so let them be, there are far bigger issues in life than persecuting homos, one simply cannot help or choose their intimate orientation\identity. but same-sex marriage that's a definite NO!!!

As for the OP, i'd just say to you to find better grounds of morality when you condemn these senators because the same basis that you judge them are very much flawed. words like undemocratic, child-molester, four-term senator(as if that makes David Mark above fault) are just laughable.
it is exactly for democracy that these guys have voted to criminalise h0m0sexu4lity, seriously, can you imagine any of them have a bright political future if he had voted against this bill? i'm sure a lot of these senators are reasonable people, but the truth is that the people they represent will call for their blood if they had done otherwise. so that is democracy for u, it is a silly system, deeply flawed, and a lot of times democracy is evil & history is replete with the evidence, like when slavery was booming & blossoming, supported by democracy, when germans went to war & genocide, that was still democracy. so do not use democracy as a moral standard here, it just is not a smart argument.

Thank you for admitting that I made valid points. At least that is something.

I'm not sure what basis on which you can claim that hömösexuality is unnatural. The best available scientific evidence tells us that hömösexuality is widespread in the animal kingdom. If its unnatural, why is it so common in nature? Remember that just because everybody keeps saying something doesn't mean its not nonsense.

Also I criticized David Mark because as a four-term senator and senate president, it is expected that he would be highly familiar with the provisions of the constitution. I can understand if if the newly elected senators passed this wildly unconstitutional bill out of ignorance or lack of experience (though really there is no excuse). I cannot understand why David Mark didn't raise a single objection to the bills many problems especially when they could have written one thaat did achieved the same goal without shredding the constitution.

Senate President David Mark's first duty is to defend the constitution. He swore an oath to do so and he is being paid a huge amount of money to do so. But he has betrayed his oath by championing this bill and that is why I want him out.

I know you're not about to start defending the child molester Yerima so I'll just leave that one aside.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by youngies(m): 1:44pm On Dec 09, 2011
Evil Brain:

Clearly, you don't understand what a democracy is.

FYI, while democracy involves majority rule, ir also requires that the majority deos not exercise its power in a[b] tyrannical manner over minorities[/b]. That means that whites in America cannot turn the black people into slaves, muslims in Zamfara cannot force christians to convert to Islam, and the PDP cannot abolish other political parties even thought they have the power to do so.

Respect for minority rights is central to the concept of democracy. Nigerian gäys are a minority and we caanot strip them of their constitutional rights. End of story. The rest of you post is just unscientific suppositions and religious stuff so pardon me for ignoring it.

Here's a link to more infromation on minority rights. Please read it and educate yourself.

democracyweb.org/majority/principles.php
If you can calm down a little bit, you will realize that your emotions are getting in the way of your critical reasoning.

Now to the bolded and the rest of your post. Unless you provide evidence of tyranny in the process of passing the bill in the Senate, I will not continue this discussion with you.  

From all the record available, the anti-gay bill was a private bill. It passed through the first and second reading on the floor of the senate. there was even a public hearing on the bill, representations were made from all interested parties including the gay community in Nigeria. I am not aware that any group of people were shut out from making representation during the public hearing before the bill was passed.

If you or your group was hindered from making representation during the debate please let us know.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by GAR3TH(m): 1:46pm On Dec 09, 2011
I don't think many Nigerians understand what is going on and their just talking based on emotion and sentiments. Let me give you an analogy that is similar to the Anti-Hom0sexual bill.

Its like if the government comes up with a bill to ban and jail fat people. Why? Because the bible considers obesity and gluttony a sin/

Also the majority of the public thinks fat people are disgusting, a shame to society, don't represent their values and morals and since their a minority, well, majority rules.

So should fat people also be banned because the bible says its a sin? because the majority of the public dislikes it? because they are a minority?

NO, Its not right, you can not ban/jail someone for who they are or what they do, Its their life and not your.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 09, 2011
mostojr:

I am a born again christian. I believe homosexuality is wrong; however, I think the government is misguided. Many things we do in Nigeria are prohibited by the bible. Examples are pre-marital sex, Indecency, lust, bribery, etc. These things are not prohibited by the Nigerian law. Bankole, OBJ, IBB, Akala, Gbenga Daniel and the rest are still walking free and our law makers are busy banning homosexuality. I think our law makers should focus their attention on something else.

Let them gays live their lives. If men have chosen to love fellow men, even after seeing all the beautiful babes in Unilag and LASU, SO BE IT!!!! It's not anyone's business. Let's focus on fighting corruption, building infrastructure, getting education, and preaching the second coming of Christ.

Let me make it very clear, before I get bashed. HOMOSEXUALITY IS A SIN!!!! 1 Corinthians 1
However, stealing government funds, fornication (pre-marital sex), self-service, etc are also equal to homosexuality.

God bless you.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by WinkWrld: 1:51pm On Dec 09, 2011
David Mark passes bill to criminalise left-handed persons! NONSENSE, lipsrsealed

You guys should read this link below and shut up because all i see is ignorance. Let senator David Mark check his Kids properly and find the shocking,

source :  http://sujaiblog..com/2006/10/is-homosexuality-natural.html

Homosexuality is natural

Homosexuality is found in many other animal and bird species. Wikipedia lists nearly 500 species of mammals, birds, fish and other animals which display homosexuality. Recently a museum opened up in Oslo, Norway, exhibiting homosexuality among animals. There is documentary evidence of homosexual behavior in giraffes, penguins, parrots, beetles, whales and dozens of other creatures. One of the exhibit statement says- "We may have opinions on a lot of things, but one thing is clear -- homosexuality is found throughout the animal kingdom, it is not against nature". Geir Soeli, the project leader of the exhibition entitled "Against Nature", says: "Homosexuality has been observed for more than 1,500 animal species, and is well documented for 500 of them." According to this news report, Greek philosopher Aristotle observed apparent homosexual behavior among hyenas 2,300 years ago but evidence of animal homosexuality has often been ignored by researchers, perhaps because of distaste, lack of interest or fear or ridicule. Bonobos, a type of chimpanzee, very close to humans according genetic studies, are among extremes in having sex with either males or females, apparently as part of social bonding. According to Soeli, "Bonobos are bisexuals, all of them.”

The Oslo Natural History Museum concludes human homosexuality cannot be viewed as "unnatural".

Homosexuality is normal

Homosexuality is found in every culture, every religion, every nation, in both female and male, and at all ages. It has been found since time immemorial and is in fact as old as human itself. It is not something very different from a left-handedness, which is seen in minority population but is still normal. It is not a handicap by which a homosexual is not able to perform certain physical or mental activities which a heterosexual can. Except for sexual orientation, a homosexual is similar to a heterosexual. It is neither a genetic defect nor a biological abnormality. Homosexuals are normal people with a different sexual orientation.

Is homosexuality legal, moral, inhuman or common?

One has to understand that law is made by man to control man. There were many things that were illegal once, like pre-marital sex, which are now completely legal. While some legal things in past, like slavery, are made illegal now. Homosexuality is legal in very few parts of the world, and in most parts of the world it remains illegal. Coming to whether it is ethical or moral, I don’t want to debate. It is up to individual’s opinion; I leave it to my readers. I do not think it is inhuman either since it does not involve in encroaching on other people’s rights or freedom. It does not bring harm to other people or cause inconvenience to them. There is no reason to treat it as a crime.

But yes, I agree that is not common, and if it is, it is hidden, and hence most of us do not know about it. Just because we do not know about it doesn’t make it go away, make it unnatural or abnormal.

Conclusion

Homosexuality is completely natural, completely normal, but yes, it is uncommon. We may have grown up not knowing about it, but there is a way to teach the young generations about it. As a kid, I haven’t known many things- I didn’t know about sex or pornography. There is a way one can know about these things. If the teaching is shunned or if it is done in the negative light as seen from the above article written in THE HINDU, we will not be able to understand it and may grow negative or wrong prejudices and start targeting homosexuals.

To consider homosexuality to be unnatural or abnormal is completely wrong. It’s not an ailment that can be cured; it’s not a disease that can be eradicated. It is not a mental condition that can be corrected through therapy. If your kid is homosexual, accept him/her. If you are a believer in God, consider the kid to be a creation of that God. If that God has created homosexuals in animals, so he did in humans. And if you are an atheist, like me, I don’t think you need to be told anything, you already know it.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by neyostica: 1:54pm On Dec 09, 2011
Op y dont you just relocate to uk and stop giving urself headache??
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by youngies(m): 1:56pm On Dec 09, 2011
Evil Brain:

Thanks for the polite reply.

I already addressed your first point in post #35 above.

I have addressed your reply above

As for number 2 I'd like to point out that the rights of all the groups of people you mentioned are guaranteed by the constitution and cannot be revoked.

Even armed robbers, pröstitutes and drug dealers have freedom of speech. They have the right to petition their senators, they have the right to protest, to assemble and associate with whatever groups they want. If charged with a crime, they have the right to fair hearing. Even their freedom of movement cannot be restricted without a full trial a the right to appeal.

Why should gäys be stripped of rights that even convicted urderers still have?

If you agree that all these group of people you mentioned has all the rights you quoted, then there is no problem here. Because just like the rights of the armed robbers are denied by the law any time they commit robbery. G.ay's rights are denied anytime they engage in gayism.

Besides, as a g.ay activist, if you feel very strong about the futility of this anti-g.ay bill which is yet to be a law, you can do the honorable thing by going to court to contest it.

Point 3: I'm not demonizing the west for polygamy (bigamy is a crime, and violates the marriage contract) because I believe that all people have the right follow their own religion and culture.
Explain to us why you believed bigamy should be a crime and gayism shouldn't

I'm not demonizing Nigerian christians and Muslims for opposing hömösèxual practices, I'm demonizing them for trying to impose their sharia-like religious rules on the rest of us. I'm neither a christian nor a muslim so why should I have to obey a bunch of religious edicts that I don't believe in? Soon you people will be telling me that I can't drink beer or sleep through sunday morning because it is a sin.

I hope that answers your questions.
I didn't know what you are on about in this last quote
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by oakcha(m): 2:12pm On Dec 09, 2011
For me,lets tell our selves the truth, Bill is passed by majority vote, since they can't get the necessary 2/3 votes to throw out the bill, why cry over it, its in the house of reps now, they can try to get the 2/3 votes to throw out the bill, of which we all know they wont even get 10 people to say no, then why cry over the pages of news paper
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by gonon: 2:16pm On Dec 09, 2011
@Poster, look u talk about freedom as if everything about life is free. Since u like to see reason, think about this. How much freedom do we, as humans, really need? Even dogs don't practice this abomination talk more of humans. Freedom has limits even your Evil Brain should know that. We already have a freedom of association (Senators)  grin, do we need another? Very soon humans having sex with animals would start advocating for their rights.
By the way which version of weed do u smoke to even think of rubbish, when Nigeria's problems are so enormous, you must be jobless / have a lot of free time. grin grin grin
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by ikhideman(m): 2:19pm On Dec 09, 2011
@OP

The call by so-called human rights activitists and gay people for the scrapping of the Bill, is just an opportunity for the devil to spread his kingdom.

Its madness for them to say their human rights are being infringed on; human rights has its limits or else when one is angry with someone, he could easily carry a knife to stab that person and claim he has a right to react when he's angry.

The Bill is prohibiting "same sex marriage" NOT "same sex relationship". They can go ahead and practice their demonic acts but they aren't allowed to legalise such relationship!!  For that the Senate should be applauded; while the House of Reps and the President should quickly follow suit.

Even animals(who have lower intelligence) know this; can you imagine a male dog having sex with or chasing another male dog? shocked OR a hen mating with another hen?  shocked & someone will reply my post & tell me its not demonic??
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by andyanders: 2:29pm On Dec 09, 2011
@Evil Brain

In fact your ID has said who you are. Needless to further here. I rest my case.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 09, 2011
GAR3TH:

I don't think many Nigerians understand what is going on and their just talking based on emotion and sentiments. Let me give you an analogy that is similar to the Anti-Hom0sexual bill.

Its like if the government comes up with a bill to ban and jail fat people. Why? Because the bible considers obesity and gluttony a sin/

Also the majority of the public thinks fat people are disgusting, a shame to society, don't represent their values and morals and since their a minority, well, majority rules.

So should fat people also be banned because the bible says its a sin? because the majority of the public dislikes it? because they are a minority?

NO, Its not right, you can not ban/jail someone for who they are or what they do, Its their life and not your.

@OP, @GARTH, @senbonzakura_kageyoshi, @Ovamboland,

I understand the concerns you've all raised, and will therefore be taking time out to review a copy of the bill in earnest.

In a land where even political science graduates put the outcome of electoral rigging down to "God's will", most of the responses provided on this thread are what I have come to expect.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by okeyxyz(m): 2:41pm On Dec 09, 2011
Evil Brain:

Thank you for admitting that I made valid points. At least that is something.

I'm not sure what basis on which you can claim that hömösexuality is unnatural. The best available scientific evidence tells us that hömösexuality is widespread in the animal kingdom. If its unnatural, why is it so common in nature? Remember that just because everybody keeps saying something doesn't mean its not nonsense.

Also I criticized David Mark because as a four-term senator and senate president, it is expected that he would be highly familiar with the provisions of the constitution. I can understand if if the newly elected senators passed this wildly unconstitutional bill out of ignorance or lack of experience (though really there is no excuse). I cannot understand why David Mark didn't raise a single objection to the bills many problems especially when they could have written one thaat did achieved the same goal without shredding the constitution.

Senate President David Mark's first duty is to defend the constitution. He swore an oath to do so and he is being paid a huge amount of money to do so. But he has betrayed his oath by championing this bill and that is why I want him out.

I know you're not about to start defending the child molester Yerima so I'll just leave that one aside.

when i say homosexuality is unnatural, i mean it is an aberration\deviation from natural behaviour like any other disease or disability. u don't just say that something is natural just because it exists. people suffer from psychiatric, physical deformities, does that mean they are healthy?no they are not & homosexuality falls in that category no matter how you or the west(being politically correct) spin it. don't get me wrong, i don't want to punish or kill man-loving-men, i just see it as a disability like other social\emotional\mental disabilities afflicting mankind. so science simply proves that it exists, not that it is natural(natural design).

As for David Mark, i probably don't like the guy, but your criticism of him is not valid, David Mark is a politician & his job is to perform the bidding of his people(being democratic) & he has simply demonstrated that nigerians are intolerant, ignorant & wicked. As sad as it sounds, it is also true, it is also democratic. now, it is the duty of the judiciary to determine the constitutionality of this bill, David Marks role is to use it to meet his(our) agenda as a nigerian leader.

As for Yerima, the question is: when did it become an unthinkable sin to marry a minor? who defined the acceptable age to be married? surely your position here is you trying to impose oyibo values on us(the same principle u fight in defence of man-loving-men). the truth is at least 50 percent of our mothers got married as minors(mine could not have been more than 13). borrowing from your logic, does nature not demonstrate that a girl who has attained puberty is ready to procreate?? We have always been marrying women very young until very recently, would it still be an abormination if one married a 13 year old, put her through secondary school, wait till she's 15 or 16 before sleeping with her? these have been the way our fathers married our mothers & the world has not come to an end. now all of a sudden, u have been to USA\UK & our way have become barbaric
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 09, 2011
@ poster - Reasonable points! never looked at it from that angle but have always been of the opinion that people be allowed to make their choices in life in asmuch as it is not criminal. I am a woman and I find hugging my fellow girls with boobs touching repulsive. But, If another fellow girl can't stand the flattness of the male chest,please allow her her choice! We are so backwards in this country, if in deed homosexuality is a western thing, we all shouldn't have done anything western at all in our lives like, getting educated, wearing real cloths instead of men wearing wrapper(igbo) or the funny thing the yorubas wear, or get industrialised enough on agriculture and others that we could only thank the west for. We should just have reclused ourselfs from the rest of the world!  

Please let people live while we face other distressing problems!

I hope I am not the only one who notices that  xmas does really smell in the air, where is prosperity!
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 09, 2011
I've read carefully d post and all  comments thereof, here is my observation@poster_its either you're a core homosexualist,you're jobless or you're a bstad son of a thousand fathers who was either born and raised outside d shores of africa or born by a careless prostitute and raised within d environs of a 1st class brothel, i've read people citing examples with some animals being said to be homosexuals and all dt, and i ask, are u an animal?are u a beast?if some animals being homo makes it natural,then rape is natural cus all animals do that, then we should be living lyk animals,fighting over food and havin canal knowledge of each other in d open, do animals have laws guiding them, do animals have d same kind of brain with us?does an animal wear cloths to cover its vital parts, ?for those who are supporting d act of homo because its been seen in animals,they should also be advocating for the legalisation of rape,incest,fights,etc, u think its all about religion?back in d old days before christianity and islam came to nigeria,were we practicing homo?it was never heard of back then, islam and christianity came equally condemning it outrightly, we didn't even know what it was cus it was unheard of,an abomination,a sacrilege, the whites have lost all their cultural values,in fact they are culturally bankrupt, it was immoral persons lyk u that copied the act of homo and now its an issue today, human rights this and that,human rights wit no morals is nonsense, human rights should always be checked by laws ,cultures and traditions of a people otherwise we turn to animals, the people of usa(devil's own country) have no culture dts why they can afford to legalise anything, incest is next in line, i wish we nigerians can stand and fight to protect our cultural and traditional values, evil brain if u are not happy that the senate is trying to preserve d culture of ur fathers and stop d taboo and abominable act of homo, u can as well start seeking a visa for usa, where your son can come home and tell u daddy this is my fiancé(a boy), and u follow him to d alter where u smile as your son kisses a fellow man,
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by Omolulu(m): 2:52pm On Dec 09, 2011
14 years is too long, i prefer 10years

if u love being a man lover, stay in the US/abroad and be one,

don't be the first to sleep in kirikiri for being a man-lover!

eyin morafackers oshi
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by brainpulse: 2:52pm On Dec 09, 2011
Out of the multitude of the mind flows words from the mouth.

A cold source can no spring out hotness neither same cold

EVIL BRAIN I CAST ALL EVIL SPIRIT IN YOUR BRAIN.

The devil has enter into the fabric of the family and society, and corrupting it with social vices that people sees as norms how can some one says Ho*Mo*Se*xual*ity is natural, i bgin to imagine, do human beings think at all or even if we blieve God doesnt exist does that says we shouldnt use our brains anymore. Ha its pathetic for one to say that God never destroyed the So & Go for that reason, but just that they didnt entertain strangers with good manners. someone says he's a born again and still supporting what God hates with passion.
Hell you surely have alot of candidates.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by brainpulse: 2:54pm On Dec 09, 2011
BADNEAT:

I've read carefully d post and all comments thereof, here is my observation@poster_its either you're a core homosexualist,you're jobless or you're a bstad son of a thousand fathers who was either born and raised outside d shores of africa or born by a careless LovePeddler and raised within d environs of a 1st class brothel, i've read people citing examples with some animals being said to be homosexuals and all dt, and i ask, are u an animal?are u a beast?if some animals being homo makes it natural,then violation is natural cus all animals do that, then we should be living lyk animals,fighting over food and havin canal knowledge of each other in d open, do animals have laws guiding them, do animals have d same kind of brain with us?does an animal wear cloths to cover its vital parts, ?for those who are supporting d act of homo because its been seen in animals,they should also be advocating for the legalisation of violation,Inbreeding,fights,etc, u think its all about religion?back in d old days before christianity and islam came to nigeria,were we practicing homo?it was never heard of back then, islam and christianity came equally condemning it outrightly, we didn't even know what it was cus it was unheard of,an abomination,a sacrilege, the whites have lost all their cultural values,in fact they are culturally bankrupt, it was immoral persons lyk u that copied the act of homo and now its an issue today, human rights this and that,human rights wit no morals is nonsense, human rights should always be checked by laws ,cultures and traditions of a people otherwise we turn to animals, the people of usa(devil's own country) have no culture dts why they can afford to legalise anything, Inbreeding is next in line, i wish we nigerians can stand and fight to protect our cultural and traditional values, evil brain if u are not happy that the senate is trying to preserve d culture of your fathers and stop d taboo and abominable act of homo, u can as well start seeking a visa for usa, where your son can come home and tell u daddy this is my fiancé(a boy), and u follow him to d alter where u smile as your son kisses a fellow man,

When i grow up i would like to think like you
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by ikhideman(m): 2:56pm On Dec 09, 2011
BADNEAT:

I've read carefully d post and all  comments thereof, here is my observation@poster_its either you're a core homosexualist,you're jobless or you're a bstad son of a thousand fathers who was either born and raised outside d shores of africa or born by a careless LovePeddler and raised within d environs of a 1st class brothel, i've read people citing examples with some animals being said to be homosexuals and all dt, and i ask, are u an animal?are u a beast?if some animals being homo makes it natural,then violation is natural cus all animals do that, then we should be living lyk animals,fighting over food and havin canal knowledge of each other in d open, do animals have laws guiding them, do animals have d same kind of brain with us?does an animal wear cloths to cover its vital parts, ?for those who are supporting d act of homo because its been seen in animals,they should also be advocating for the legalisation of violation,Inbreeding,fights,etc, u think its all about religion?back in d old days before christianity and islam came to nigeria,were we practicing homo?it was never heard of back then, islam and christianity came equally condemning it outrightly, we didn't even know what it was cus it was unheard of,an abomination,a sacrilege, the whites have lost all their cultural values,in fact they are culturally bankrupt, it was immoral persons lyk u that copied the act of homo and now its an issue today, human rights this and that,human rights wit no morals is nonsense, human rights should always be checked by laws ,cultures and traditions of a people otherwise we turn to animals, the people of usa(devil's own country) have no culture dts why they can afford to legalise anything, Inbreeding is next in line, i wish we nigerians can stand and fight to protect our cultural and traditional values, evil brain if u are not happy that the senate is trying to preserve d culture of your fathers and stop d taboo and abominable act of homo, u can as well start seeking a visa for usa, where your son can come home and tell u daddy this is my fiancé(a boy), and u follow him to d alter where u smile as your son kisses a fellow man,  

U are right on POINT!!!
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by EvilBrain1(m): 3:06pm On Dec 09, 2011
youngies:

If you can calm down a little bit, you will realize that your emotions are getting in the way of your critical reasoning.

Now to the bolded and the rest of your post. Unless you provide evidence of tyranny in the process of passing the bill in the Senate, I will not continue this discussion with you.  

From all the record available, the anti-man-lover bill was a private bill. It passed through the first and second reading on the floor of the senate. there was even a public hearing on the bill, representations were made from all interested parties including the man-lover community in Nigeria. I am not aware that any group of people were shut out from making representation during the public hearing before the bill was passed.

If you or your group was hindered from making representation during the debate please let us know.

Definition of Tyranny from dictionary.cambridge.org

1.  Government by a ruler or small group of people who have unlimited power over the people in their country or state and use it unfairly and cruelly.
2.  When a situation or person controls how you are able to live, in an unfair way

This is a law that strips gäys of their right to form groups for any purpose, assemble together, protest, form civil partnerships or even complain about their treatment.

None of us here have admitted to being gay, yet if this bill is signed, we'd could all be sent to prison for posting on this thread.

If you don't think that a bill that limits free speech and prescribes prison sentences just for writing a letter to your representative is tyrannical, the you really don't know anything.
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by bamto(m): 3:19pm On Dec 09, 2011
@ OP: The postulation about homosexuals' constl right to freely associate is a blind assertion. This struggle can't but fail. A man's right ends where the other begins. The minority perversive few cannot force their 'rights' down the majority's throat. The law protects public morality (as found in ponography, prostitution law). A state is lawfully empowered to curtail any right of act that is against public policy and good conscience. Homosexuals can privately practise their beastly act, but to propagate and manifest it in public such that our children can be enticed and converted? Hell, no!
Re: Why the "Anti-Gäy Marriage Bill" is Wrong by Vespasian: 3:50pm On Dec 09, 2011
Please, do let us know how children succumb to homosexuality despite extreme societal pressure not to be gay, why do Nigerians lack rationality?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

APC Blames Mimiko For Olu Falae's Kidnap - Punch / "Woman & Her Child In Detention For Protesting In Support Of Nnamdi Kanu". PICS / Okonjo-iweala Speaks On Padding 2014 Budget, Attacks Gbajabiamila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.