Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (981747 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:58am On Jul 09, 2013
FrontPageLawyer:

You're richly blessed Justwise. For question 7. the other kid has no passport, but it seems it's compulsory to fill in something in the field, it can be left empty, keeps returning, maybe i'm not doing something right there.

Vicjustice:
That is a flaw in the online application system, you can't proceed until you fill in something in the box, so it understandable if you enter any invalid detail just to allow you to proceed with the form... But remember to explain it in the as ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. Trust me, the visa officers are aware of the problem: I talk from experience, you won't have a problem with that

Vicjustice is right, you can also try putting the same passport number in the box just to move forward then after submission printout the application form and sign it, not forgetting to make a note of the passport detail issue in the hardcopy application form or use separate then attach it to your application form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:37am On Jul 09, 2013
justwise:

Vicjustice is right, you can also try putting the same passport number in the box just to move forward then after submission printout the application form and sign it, not forgetting to make a note of the passport detail issue in the[b] hardcopy application form or use separate then attach it to your application form[/b].

Sorry to bother you again, but truly I don't want to make another mistake. @ the bolded.

I understand I have to address the issue of the passport. No problem, I will do that in the additional information space.

does that mean I have to write a separate application letter addressed to the consulate? I thought it was just the online application.

is the application to be attached to the print out of the online application form after it is signed?

Recently I have made a lot of withdrawals from my dom and current account, No problem I am ready to explain that to the ECO with paper evidence.

Can I also state in the additional information space that during my visit, I will buy from a company musical equipment and lighting for my bar? is it appropriate for a visitor's visa or can I only do that for a business visa?

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:46pm On Jul 09, 2013
FrontPageLawyer:

Sorry to bother you again, but truly I don't want to make another mistake. @ the bolded.

I understand I have to address the issue of the passport. No problem, I will do that in the additional information space.

does that mean I have to write a separate application letter addressed to the consulate? I thought it was just the online application.

is the application to be attached to the print out of the online application form after it is signed?

Recently I have made a lot of withdrawals from my dom and current account, No problem I am ready to explain that to the ECO with paper evidence.

Can I also state in the additional information space that during my visit, I will buy from a company musical equipment and lighting for my bar? is it appropriate for a visitor's visa or can I only do that for a business visa?

Thank you.
The system is designed to automatically submit your application online as well as to allow you to print out a copy for manual submission.
Now, there is a blank box provided for ADDITIONAL INFORMATION in every application form, you can make use of that, and also, you are allowed to use extra sheet(s) if you deem it necessary.
If you make use of an external sheet, simply write your reference number on it and staple it to the printed form
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:50pm On Jul 09, 2013
FrontPageLawyer:

Thank you.

The application process is done online and offline, you submit online and offline. When you submit online you will be given a date when you will visit their centre to submit the hardcopy of the online application with other documents.

If you want to buy one piece of music equipment and lighting then fan but buying things in large quantity will arise suspicion, you don't need to add that in your application form
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 5:54am On Jul 10, 2013
justwise:

The application process is done online and offline, you submit online and offline. When you submit online you will be given a date when you will visit their centre to submit the hardcopy of the online application with other documents.

If you want to buy one piece of music equipment and lighting then fan but buying things in large quantity will arise suspicion, you don't need to add that in your application form

Good morning, my company's account runs steady, but has no funds in it. Can i still include it with my current and dom?

Submission of application use to be daily, is there a new procedure? Since you mentioned that i'll be given a date for submission.

Thank you for your time and good work
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:20am On Jul 10, 2013
FrontPageLawyer:

Good morning, my company's account runs steady, but has no funds in it. Can i still include it with my current and dom?

Submission of application use to be daily, is there a new procedure? Since you mentioned that i'll be given a date for submission.

Thank you for your time and good work
Account submission is not to show that an account exists, but rather to prove that there is fund available to you for the trip.
For orderly coordination and security reasons, you are to attend the embassy only on appointment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 9:37am On Jul 10, 2013
Vicjustice:
Account submission is not to show that an account exists, but rather to prove that there is fund available to you for the trip.
For orderly coordination and security reasons, you are to attend the embassy only on appointment

My current and dom accounts well funded. But company's account has no funds, but runs steady, should i include the company's account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by reginabellca: 9:53am On Jul 10, 2013
i dont think they had any issues with that.

The bank letter states there that the money can be termed liquid cash.

The question i would really like to ask is about the admi review and who qualifies for it.

I went on their ite and it says that only people who apply on point-based system can apply for it, however any one can apply.

From your vast experience please confirm who qualifies?

Plus do they keep to their word when they say they would review an application and how would i know if they have started?

Vicjustice:
Why not "dissolve" it first before stating that the money is available?
It is questionable if it remains in fix deposit
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:18pm On Jul 10, 2013
FrontPageLawyer:

My current and dom accounts well funded. But company's account has no funds, but runs steady, should i include the company's account?

Yes as a business owner you have to include your business account with tax clearance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Saintp(m): 9:37am On Jul 11, 2013
Hello guys,

I just go an invitation from a company in UK for a 2 weeks course starting 5th August. I was told to apply online for visa. I want to know how it works before applying. Do i need to attach any document on the online application? Or is it just about filling a form?

How long does it take to get a Uk visa in reality? Please what should i do? Cost will be sponsored by my company.

Tanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:42am On Jul 11, 2013
justwise:

Saintp: Hello guys,

I just go an invitation from a company in UK for a 2 weeks course starting 5th August. I was told to apply online for visa. I want to know how it works before applying. Do i need to attach any document on the online application? Or is it just about filling a form?

How long does it take to get a Uk visa in reality? Please what should i do? Cost will be sponsored by my company.

Tanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by greyhat: 10:56am On Jul 11, 2013
Hello Expats,

I need your thoughts on this; I want to apply for UK visiting visa to attend my wife's graduation. I work remotely from Nigeria as a free-lance contractor for a UK company and am paid in pounds into my UK bank account.

My questions are;
How do I go about showing home ties as I intend to travel with my Missus.
Am I able to show my UK bank account (which is buoyant enough) as proof of funds for the visit period (5 days).
Should i ask my UK employer to send me a letter of leave/absence (would this suffice as a proof) for the period.
What are my chances or what is the best possible route?

P.S I used to live and work in the UK but now in naija.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hbabe(f): 12:52pm On Jul 11, 2013
FrontPageLawyer:

You're richly blessed Justwise. For question 7. the other kid has no passport, but it seems it's compulsory to fill in something in the field, it can be left empty, keeps returning, maybe i'm not doing something right there.

For the child without passport just put N/A
Avoid putting in the wrong/fake passport number as it may cause problems if you intend to get the child a UK visa in future.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:00pm On Jul 11, 2013
hbabe:

For the child without passport just put[b] N/A[/b]
Avoid putting in the wrong/fake passport number as it may cause problems if you intend to get the child a UK visa in future.

I doubt that option is available in online application, if the section is marked '*' then N/A will not be an option. He can repeat the previous passport number in that field so as to be allowed to proceed then in hardcopy application he will make a note of that issue to the ECO.

@FrontPageLawyer, can you check very well if you had indicated somewhere in the form that you will be traveling with your kids?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hbabe(f): 1:02pm On Jul 11, 2013
@Justwise
He can type N/A; it is allowed and it is what is usually done. I am talking from experience; putting a wrong passport number may cause problems in future.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:07pm On Jul 11, 2013
hbabe: @Justwise
He can type N/A; it is allowed and it is what is usually done. I am talking from experience; putting a wrong passport number may cause problems in future.

As long as he calls the ECO's attention to that particular incident then he will be fine in future application.

Maybe he can try N/A as you said but if a field is marked * and needed a number to be entered, if you put N/A it will reject it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by princessmoi: 1:25pm On Jul 11, 2013
Hi Justwise,

A friend of mine got admission into a school in UK the school is requesting for full payment of fees. Meanwhile, his brother has agreed to assist him with accommodation.

If full fees are paid by his mother, how much does he need for a bank statement, what documents should he use for applying visa and what documents is his brother suppose to send?

Please help as school opens in September.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:32pm On Jul 11, 2013
princessmoi: Hi Justwise,

A friend of mine got admission into a school in UK the school is requesting for full payment of fees. Meanwhile, his brother has agreed to assist him with accommodation.

If full fees are paid by his mother, how much does he need for a bank statement, what documents should he use for applying visa and what documents is his brother suppose to send?

Please help as school opens in September.

Post it here https://www.nairaland.com/826936/uk-student-visa-tier-4

Read some pages here, questions have been answered already
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by greyhat: 1:33pm On Jul 11, 2013
greyhat: Hello Expats,

I need your thoughts on this; I want to apply for UK visiting visa to attend my wife's graduation. I work remotely from Nigeria as a free-lance contractor for a UK company and am paid in pounds into my UK bank account.

My questions are;
Am I able to show my UK bank account (which is buoyant enough) as proof of funds for the visit period (5 days).
Should i ask my UK employer to send me a letter of leave/absence (would this suffice as a proof) for the period.

@Justwise and other experts, your advise would be appreciated.
thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:37pm On Jul 11, 2013
greyhat: Hello Expats,

My questions are;

The question of home tie has been answered far too many times here, please take your time and read previous replies.

Without your bank statement you can't proof that you can sponsor the trip, so you have to submit bank statement

As a free-lance contractor you don't need leave-letter as you can work from anywhere.

No other chance other than visiting visa route.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by princessmoi: 2:05pm On Jul 11, 2013
@justwise,

He said his mom is requesting for a print out from the back plus a letter and the later withdraw or transfer that money to the school for payment. Is it possible to use that print out of statement from the bank while applying for his visa? Can he print out his own account details?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:23pm On Jul 11, 2013
princessmoi: @justwise,

He said his mom is requesting for a print out from the back plus a letter and the later withdraw or transfer that money to the school for payment. Is it possible to use that print out of statement from the bank while applying for his visa? Can he print out his own account details?

https://www.nairaland.com/826936/uk-student-visa-tier-4
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 6:29pm On Jul 11, 2013
justwise: [/b]

As long as he calls the ECO's attention to that particular incident then he will be fine in future application.

Maybe he can try N/A as you said but if a field is marked * and needed a number to be entered, if you put N/A it will reject it.

@hbabe, justwise. Thank you so much for your time. N/A worked.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:34pm On Jul 11, 2013
FrontPageLawyer:

@hbabe, justwise. Thank you so much for your time. N/A worked.

Good.

hbabe was right then.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Saintp(m): 10:06am On Jul 12, 2013
@ Justwise,

I have applied online for a 6 months business visisting visa and they have given me my number and asked me to schedule an appointment. I tried to schedule an appointment but found out from thier site that only tier 4 students visa applicants are required to schedule appointment and others can walk into any of thier office anytime for an appointment. It got me confused cos someone has already told me that i must have to schedule it before going. I plan going there on wednesday and i hope i still have time because i should be in the UK by 3rd August.

What do u think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by superior1: 5:25pm On Jul 12, 2013
@Justwise,Vicjustice. I have a 6months multiple entry UK visa that will expire ending September but I intend travelling 1st week in October. Can I apply for renewal without waiting for the current one to expire?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:29pm On Jul 12, 2013
Saintp: @ Justwise,

I have applied online for a 6 months business visisting visa and they have given me my number and asked me to schedule an appointment. I tried to schedule an appointment but found out from thier site that only tier 4 students visa applicants are required to schedule appointment and others can walk into any of thier office anytime for an appointment. It got me confused cos someone has already told me that i must have to schedule it before going. I plan going there on wednesday and i hope i still have time because i should be in the UK by 3rd August.

What do u think?

Have you tried to schedule an appointment and was refused? Since you were given a number to do that then go ahead.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:30pm On Jul 12, 2013
superior1: @Justwise,Vicjustice. I have a 6months multiple entry UK visa that will expire ending September but I intend travelling 1st week in October. Can I apply for renewal without waiting for the current one to expire?

Since you are going by Oct...yes you can apply for renewer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by superior1: 8:43pm On Jul 12, 2013
justwise:

Since you are going by Oct...yes you can apply for renewer.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Saintp(m): 9:18am On Jul 13, 2013
justwise:

Have you tried to schedule an appointment and was refused? Since you were given a number to do that then go ahead.

Yes i tried but the only option on the visa category box is for student application tier 4. I'm applying for business visit visa. So i guess i dont need to schedule an appointment.Hope i'm right.

Plz is it possible to fastrack the visa processing for people who dont have much time on thier side?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:32am On Jul 13, 2013
Saintp:

Yes i tried but the only option on the visa category box is for student application tier 4. I'm applying for business visit visa. So i guess i dont need to schedule an appointment.Hope i'm right.

Plz is it possible to fastrack the visa processing for people who dont have much time on thier side?

What you can do is to go there with all your documents since there is no option for business visa applicants.

I understand they have fast-track service for business visa applicants but i don't know how it works.

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.