Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (981273 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olu1234567(f): 2:05am On Aug 21, 2013
Ik.kao:
Hello All,

I'm in desperate need of urgent advice.

I am very new to this forum so forgive me if my questions have been previously answered a thousand times before...

My partner and I are coming home to get married this year, after dating for almost 2 and half years...

We've gone through the UKBA website and are comfortable in the areas of accommodation and finance

He has his own 3 bed house on a mortgage and lives there on his own.... And he's got a good job earning well over the £18,600.. Threshold...(- he is also British.)

The only problems we have are, I am overstayer on a visitors visa(, and i have overstayed for almost a lifetime)...and I took up employment in my name...

Also last year, I had an op for which I wasn't billed ( well, not yet) as I have an NHS number..

We have been asvised by a lawyer that it is better to disclose the work in a cover letter he writes in support of my application, to the BHC, and he also advised us to call the NHS to pick up the bill first before applying as I could be refused on this basis.

Do you think it's better to call NHS and ask them for a bill or wait until it is raised as an issue at BHC in Naija.

Would you also think it wise to include the work part in the cover letter or not.

Is it better to keep mum on this and If I am called for the interview, and it is asked, them I would open up about it?

Not sure if it helps, I've never made any application in the home office, neither have I come under the arrest or attention of police or immigration in the UK...

Thank you very much....

Hi your an overstayer in the uk? Are you currently in the uk or in nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olu1234567(f): 2:08am On Aug 21, 2013
lovesavvi: Good Day to u all, it is acceptable to use scan copy of document sending to me frm my brother that is inviting me or I should tell him to send it through dhl. Thanks

Originals please,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ikkao: 6:36am On Aug 21, 2013
Thank you ever so much for your reply...

I'm not being ungrateful whatsoever... Lol

NHS saved my life from a totally unexpected illness for which I would always be eternally grateful.

Paying the bill wouldn't be a problem but we have a lot of expenses at the moment, wedding and all...

If I was asked to pay it, I wouldn't even contest it, but to seek a flexible payment plan

I only asked the question on what made more sense.

Yes, you are very correct in saying the onus would be on the applicant( me) in proving the marriage is not a sham.

Once again, thanks for your reply, it's kinda helped in a way.

Much appreciated...

Please does anyone else have an opinion on the question I posted?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:14am On Aug 21, 2013
Ik.kao:
Hello All,

I'm in desperate need of urgent advice.

I am very new to this forum so forgive me if my questions have been previously answered a thousand times before...

My partner and I are coming home to get married this year, after dating for almost 2 and half years...

We've gone through the UKBA website and are comfortable in the areas of accommodation and finance

He has his own 3 bed house on a mortgage and lives there on his own.... And he's got a good job earning well over the £18,600.. Threshold...(- he is also British.)

The only problems we have are, I am overstayer on a visitors visa(, and i have overstayed for almost a lifetime)...and I took up employment in my name...

Also last year, I had an op for which I wasn't billed ( well, not yet) as I have an NHS number..

We have been asvised by a lawyer that it is better to disclose the work in a cover letter he writes in support of my application, to the BHC, and he also advised us to call the NHS to pick up the bill first before applying as I could be refused on this basis.

Do you think it's better to call NHS and ask them for a bill or wait until it is raised as an issue at BHC in Naija.

Would you also think it wise to include the work part in the cover letter or not.

Is it better to keep mum on this and If I am called for the interview, and it is asked, them I would open up about it?

Not sure if it helps, I've never made any application in the home office, neither have I come under the arrest or attention of police or immigration in the UK...

Thank you very much....

The result of your first application could go either way, it may end up in appeal court which you stand a good chance of winning however!, you really really need to come out clean in everything that has gone wrong with your immigration history. Do what your lawyer told you about paying NHS bill,(that alone will earn you a refusal) you need to make it easier for yourself so that even if you were refused for some reasons you will then have something to fight for in appeal tribunal, holding back any info about your immigration history with UKBA will only harm your application.

Prepare to present all the documents that will prove that your marriage is genuine, call history, email exchanges, gift, pictures taken together etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ikkao: 8:01am On Aug 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your advice...

I would make arrangements for the NHS bill before the application

We do have some emails dating to the first month of our relationship in 2011, and photos over the years... And we would have to try to get text and whatssup chat history printed if possible... And also letters from family and friends...and as much as we can lay our hands on...

God Bless you, I appreciate you time and advice...

Mwah!!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ADEMOLAAAUA: 8:11am On Aug 21, 2013
what are the Documents needed to apply for a Visting Visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by pizzle234(m): 8:56am On Aug 21, 2013
Good morning, please my cousin submitted his Uk visa last month july 18th to be precise and he is yet to hear from them. This is not his first nor second time of going to the UK. Please what could cause this delay? How can we reach them? Any direct phone number or email. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 21, 2013
pizzle234: Good morning, please my cousin submitted his Uk visa last month july 18th to be precise and he is yet to hear from them. This is not his first nor second time of going to the UK. Please what could cause this delay? How can we reach them? Any direct phone number or email. Thanks in anticipation.
Where did he submit? Lagos or Abuja?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by pizzle234(m): 9:27am On Aug 21, 2013
kofsy:
Where did he submit? Lagos or Abuja?
lagos. Vfs ikeja
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Trinah: 9:41am On Aug 21, 2013
Hie guys can someone please assist me with my previous question.
Trinah: Hello to everyone.

I stayed in the UK from 2008 to 2012 on a student visa for the first 2 years and there after i was on a post study worker visa. I was granted a 6 visitors visa this year 2012 visa travelled twice to the UK during that time . My friend has invited me for a wedding May 2014.I would like to find out if i can apply for a 2 year visitors visa now. Do i have to prove/support why i need a 2 years visa rather than the 6months visa.

Your advise would be greatly appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by wola44: 10:30am On Aug 21, 2013
Vicjustice:
Your salary is cool, and your job is fine: if the application is well done, you can get the visa in one go

Vicjustice Thanks, Can u give me hotel reservation website near Victoria UK d conference center.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by omobee23: 11:30am On Aug 21, 2013
Good Morning Justwise and VicJustice,
I paid money into my brother's account to buy ticket. My maiden name was what I had in my passport at the time of my appeal (an old e-passport), though I am married. It had expired when I was called for my Visa. So I renewed it. My new passport still carries my maiden name as the visa was issued upon my initial details. My brother paid for the ticket with the details I gave him but entered Mrs as title. The good thing is that there is no title in my passport( any passport anyway). Will I be able to change my title with the aiirline? or there is no need for a change of title-I should just leave the ticket.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by codeninja(m): 1:01pm On Aug 21, 2013
codeninja:

Nope.
I'm asking
*what are my chances for getting a VISA?
* What documents do you think i need?
* Will i get the VISA in time, The summit is due for October 9. (I intend going to submit my application next monday)

Thanks

Pls guys help me here.

Summit organizers are paying for my travel and hotel.
Is that enough to get a VISA?
I only have a temporary employment in Nigeria as I have not gone for NYSC

Do I need to prove any financial stability too?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 2:07pm On Aug 21, 2013
Trinah:
Hello to everyone.

I stayed in the UK from 2008 to 2012 on a student visa for the first 2 years and there after i was on a post study worker visa. I was granted a 6 visitors visa this year 2012 visa travelled twice to the UK during that time . My friend has invited me for a wedding May 2014.I would like to find out if i can apply for a 2 year visitors visa now. Do i have to prove/support why i need a 2 years visa rather than the 6months visa.

Your advise would be greatly appreciated.

Hie guys can someone please assist me with my previous question.

I understand you can apply for as many years as you want but they will grant you all or a reasonable amount of time they think is applicable and refund the extra

Not sure if they still do the same

why are you applying now? you going to visit before the wedding?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:25pm On Aug 21, 2013
omobee23: Good Morning Justwise and VicJustice,
I paid money into my brother's account to buy ticket. My maiden name was what I had in my passport at the time of my appeal (an old e-passport), though I am married. It had expired when I was called for my Visa. So I renewed it. My new passport still carries my maiden name as the visa was issued upon my initial details. My brother paid for the ticket with the details I gave him but entered Mrs as title. The good thing is that there is no title in my passport( any passport anyway). Will I be able to change my title with the aiirline? or there is no need for a change of title-I should just leave the ticket.
The title is irrelevant (to airline companies) even if you entered Dr.
Titles are for formalities in order to acknowledge the polite way in which an individual preferred to be addressed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rapcy(m): 2:44pm On Aug 21, 2013
@justwise I sent you an email...pls check it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:48pm On Aug 21, 2013
wola44:

Vicjustice Thanks, Can u give me hotel reservation website near Victoria UK d conference center.
I'll recommend that you go to www.Google.com and search for "hotel near Victoria in the UK"
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by wola44: 2:56pm On Aug 21, 2013
Vicjustice:
I'll recommend that you go to www.Google.com and search for "hotel near Victoria in the UK"

Thanks, All the hotel are asking for my credit card details for reservation , How can i do hotel reservation without giving them credit card details ?.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:34pm On Aug 21, 2013
wola44:

Thanks, All the hotel are asking for my credit card details for reservation , How can i do hotel reservation without giving them credit card details ?.
Except you visit the hotel in person, or have someone to do that for you, it would be highly unlikely to find a hotel that allows reservation without credit card details
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by target007(m): 5:03pm On Aug 21, 2013
ADEMOLA AAUA: what are the Documents needed to apply for a Visting Visa?

@ADEMOLA AAUA:
This was posted on the forum a long time a go, note that this is for all UK visa applications, just filter those suitable for visit visa, you should be fine... Please double check as some requirements may have changed:

[b]
* Invitation letter or accommodation details from the country you intend to visit;
* (If on invitation by an individual,) a copy of the bio-data page of the passport of the person inviting you.
* Your national passport or travel document with at least 6 months to expiration;
* (If you are an alien resident in the country that you are applying from,) evidence of permission to remain in the country: ie, a residence permit or an appropriate long-term visa;
* Passport sized colour photographs, not more than 6 months old;
* (If employed,) a letter from your employer granting leave of absence from your job for a specified period. The letter should also say how long you have been employed by that employer, in what job(s) and should indicate when you are expected back at work;
* (If sent or sponsored by your employer,) the evidence letter to this effect; expected to demonstrate the reasons and benefits for sponsoring you;
* (If sent or sponsored by your employer,) the company's financial statement with evidence of fund availability for your own use;
* (If self-employed,) evidence of your business activities and financial standing;
* (If self employed or if applicable to you as an employee,) your tax clearance certificate to show your tax compliance level and also your income;
* (If a student,) a letter from your school stating what course you are on, its start and finish dates and the dates of the holiday period during which you intend to travel abroad;
Note: if you are not working you should include financial documents of the person who is supporting you; if someone else is paying for your trip, You would be expected to explain why you are being sponsored and to demonstrate how your sponsor will benefit from your trip.
* (If applicable,) evidence of any property you own in your home country (if applicable)
Note: the property is expected to represent anything that could be considered a tie; such property may not be an isolated land or building that are not deemed to be taking more of your responsibilities: it is different if you own (let's say) business property that requires your obligatory management;
* Details of any firm travel plans you have made, ie itinerary:
Warning! Do not book a flight because, you will forfeit your money if your visa is refused. Itinerary does not only mean flight ticket, it means travel plans which are, the preparations that you have put in place: such could be site seeing or tour guide arrangements, or onward flight tickets if applying for a transit or stopover visa;
* Bank statements showing up to six months transaction details, must show sources of income:
Warning! Avoid vast Money Lodgement (especially if it makes the majority of your finance), you will be refused without question.
* (If applicable,) evidence of any income from other sources e.g. friends, family, savings, property etc
* (If applicable and/or if the purpose of the trip has got something to do with family,) Evidence of family relationship and marital status ie Birth Certificate and/or Marriage or Civil Partnership Certificate, divorce certificate, death certificate (of spouse)
* (If applying to join a spouse,) Evidence of relationship and communications or correspondences with your spouse: ie telephone details; emails; posts or/and photos of both of you together.
* (If applying to join a spouse or family,) Birth certificate or Age Declaration document
* It is very important to be able to show Ties or Obligations to return to.
Note: Although, family or social ties and responsibilities are recommended, but logically, family ties aren't considered as strong as other ties because, there are vast cases of seekers involving in immigration fights to bring their family to join them, but yet, the magnitude of the family may be considered
* (If an ex-convict) The official record of any conviction(s), detailing the crime(s) you were convicted of and the sentence(s) you received
* The appropriate fee and 1 million dollars for Vicjustice
Note: You must provide original documents (except the identification documents of another person). Failure to submit original documents may mean your application is delayed or refused.
HARD DOCUMENTS are documents that carry Security Authentications; or Stamps; or Seals; or Signatures; or Apostiles, etc: (For example; a Marriage Certificate), such documents must be submitted in their original states (except the document is an identification document belonging to another person ie your sponsor's passport etc). Any other document that does not carry any of the mentioned authentication is allowed to be submitted in photocopy state: Your hard documents will be returned back to you in due time.[/b]

I hope it helps!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by foce(m): 5:29pm On Aug 21, 2013
Pls huz my younger brother, just received 10years ban the ECO's reason was that he did not mentioned that he has been refused visa 3times in 2006 with the old passport,our taught was that since it was more than 5years ago that they must have destroyed his previews applications. right now I want to know if there is any form of appeal to reduce the ban or something
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by igbankebabe: 6:18pm On Aug 21, 2013
^^^^ of course not!!!!! He has to wait the 10 year ban out. Why did he lie? It is people like you that spoil the whole process for other genuine applicants. Did you guys think that the BHC staff are foolish?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by naijarazzi: 6:59pm On Aug 21, 2013
Greetings to you all, plz I need advise from u guys. I applied for Uk visiting to go see my mum. She's the sponsor and I submitted the necessary documents. I stated in my application that I'm unemployed but I added my bank statement which has 220k. I was surprised to see my refuesal letter today. The ECO said
"You have stated that you are currently unemployed in your visa application form but have a job lined up for october 2013. I note that you have provided your bank statement. The account shows that large funds were deposited just prior to your application. I am not satisfied this has not been done to artificially bolster the strength of your application. Given that you are unemployed it is unclear where these funds have come from. Your failure in providing any documentary evidence of this leads me to doubt your circumstances in Nigeria. This leads me to doubt your intentions on visiting the UK. Therefore, on the balance of probabilities, I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period not exceeding 6 months or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of the visit as required by paragraph 41(I) and (ii) of HC395.

Section 84(1)(c) of the nationality, immigration and asylum act 2002. Legislation.gov.uk"

I don't know if the ECO overlooked some of my docuements, coz I stated it there that my mum has been funding me, and I added some receipts of d money transfer I've been getting from my mum.

And now I don't know what to do. I was given limited appeal right. Should I review the decision. Will it work? Plz help

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 10:17pm On Aug 21, 2013
Ik.kao:
Thank you so much for your advice...

I would make arrangements for the NHS bill before the application

We do have some emails dating to the first month of our relationship in 2011, and photos over the years... And we would have to try to get text and whatssup chat history printed if possible... And also letters from family and friends...and as much as we can lay our hands on...

God Bless you, I appreciate you time and advice...

Mwah!!!!

Your unpaid NHS bill has nothing much to do with your 'Spouse visa' application, since you do have an NHS card it would be assumed that you were entitled to the treatment at the NHS and there shouldn't be any unpaid bill claim against you. If you delivered a baby at the Hospital on the NHS bill you would be required to pay for it as ECO's do undertake NHS checks for child deliveries.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LondonCool(m): 10:22pm On Aug 21, 2013
[quote author=]Greetings to you all, plz I need advise from u guys. I applied for Uk visiting to go see my mum. She's the sponsor and I submitted the necessary documents. I stated in my application that I'm unemployed but I added my bank statement which has 220k. I was surprised to see my refuesal letter today. The ECO said
"You have stated that you are currently unemployed in your visa application form but have a job lined up for october 2013. I note that you have provided your bank statement. The account shows that large funds were deposited just prior to your application. I am not satisfied this has not been done to artificially bolster the strength of your application. Given that you are unemployed it is unclear where these funds have come from. Your failure in providing any documentary evidence of this leads me to doubt your circumstances in Nigeria. This leads me to doubt your intentions on visiting the UK. Therefore, on the balance of probabilities, I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period not exceeding 6 months or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of the visit as required by paragraph 41(I) and (ii) of HC395.

Section 84(1)(c) of the nationality, immigration and asylum act 2002. Legislation.gov.uk"

I don't know if the ECO overlooked some of my docuements, coz I stated it there that my mum has been funding me, and I added some receipts of d money transfer I've been getting from my mum.

And now I don't know what to do. I was given limited appeal right. Should I review the decision. Will it work? Plz help[/quote]

Since you are currently unemployed you needed to show the ECO that you have an incentive to return to Nigeria at the end of your visit to UK. From historical migration patterns there is a likelihood that you may want to work in the UK in view of your economic circumstance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:59am On Aug 22, 2013
[quote author=]Greetings to you all, plz I need advise from u guys. I applied for Uk visiting to go see my mum. She's the sponsor and I submitted the necessary documents. I stated in my application that I'm unemployed but I added my bank statement which has 220k. I was surprised to see my refuesal letter today. The ECO said

And now I don't know what to do. I was given limited appeal right. Should I review the decision. Will it work? Plz help[/quote]
There are 101 reasons for the ECO to refuse your application, and as your circumstances are, there is no amount of appeal or review that can overturn the decision
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olu1234567(f): 2:55am On Aug 22, 2013

Try adminisntrative review list that the eco failed to consider the money transfer receipts submitted with the application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 22, 2013
foce: Pls huz my younger brother, just received 10years ban the ECO's reason was that he did not mentioned that he has been refused visa 3times in 2006 with the old passport,our taught was that since it was more than 5years ago that they must have destroyed his previews applications. right now I want to know if there is any form of appeal to reduce the ban or something
Wait! How did he know he has been banned? Was he told point blank? Or he just guessed?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:55am On Aug 22, 2013
igbankebabe: ^^^^ of course not!!!!! He has to wait the 10 year ban out. Why did he lie? It is people like you that spoil the whole process for other genuine applicants. Did you guys think that the BHC staff are foolish?
Lol! Why are you taking this personally though?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by uchechuwku: 6:59am On Aug 22, 2013
Wonders why d processing is taking too long

Since 29th...habba.

Date on my Itinerary is d 22nd august.
Apparently, my bags are packed.
Does anyone knw if dates on Itinerary affects final outcome?
I mean if date of d supposed departure date has passed before yur docs r processed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by foce(m): 8:02am On Aug 22, 2013
kofsy:
Wait! How did he know he has been banned? Was he told point blank? Or he just guessed?

It was writing there that such act attracts a ban of 10years
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by IrishBebey: 9:03am On Aug 22, 2013
uchechuwku: Wonders why d processing is taking too long

Since 29th...habba.

Date on my Itinerary is d 22nd august.
Apparently, my bags are packed.
Does anyone knw if dates on Itinerary affects final outcome?
I mean if date of d supposed departure date has passed before yur docs r processed.
I think travel date matters.

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.