Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,558 members, 7,837,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (984268 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by coldstone84: 7:38pm On Nov 11, 2014
Hi everyone,am new here,my wife applied for eea family permit from nigeria,and she was refused because they said that my wife is not wholly or mainly dependent on me,or if my wife is it is a dependency of necessity rather than choice,there is no evidence of regular bank transfer or bank statement.they am not satisfied my wife needs the finicial support of me to meet her essential needs in nigeria.
When my wife made the application,I wrote a cover letter stating that instead of sending money to my wife through western union and paying the charges,I have a colleague at work in London to has a gtbank account,I give him pounds and he transfers the money immediately to my wife's account,as am not nigerian,but Portuguese,but the mistake we made was that my wife didn't include her bank statement,as the recipients name on her account statement won't reflect mine but my friends name
How do I tackle this,please I need answers,as I need my wife to join me in the uk.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by teegirl2810: 8:08pm On Nov 11, 2014
@justwise...pls .just about how much do I need to do have in my account for this processing
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by myteax: 8:11pm On Nov 11, 2014
A friend of mine just confirmed that she got same email and upon collection of the packet. she was denied a visa.

justwise:

Yes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:12pm On Nov 11, 2014
teegirl2810:
@justwise...pls .just about how much do I need to do have in my account for this processing

It's stated in that link I gave you, it will help if your hubby go through it because he needs to provide the bank statement
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
myteax:
A friend of mine just confirmed that she got same email and upon collection of the packet. she was denied a visa.

Did your friend,s email stated: your visa application...... has been processed OR Your visa has been processed......?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by myteax: 8:16pm On Nov 11, 2014
@justwise

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by myteax: 8:17pm On Nov 11, 2014
Oh stated Visa Application. So when its Visa Application its refusal and when its just Visa, it means granted, right?
justwise:

Did your friend,s email stated: your visa application...... has been processed OR Your visa has been processed......?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:22pm On Nov 11, 2014
myteax:
Oh stated Visa Application. So when its Visa Application its refusal and when its just Visa, it means granted, right?

If your visa application is successful it will state that...your visa application has been processed and visa issued.....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:24pm On Nov 11, 2014
coldstone84:
Hi everyone,am new here,my wife applied for eea family permit from nigeria,and she was refused because they said that my wife is not wholly or mainly dependent on me,or if my wife is it is a dependency of necessity rather than choice,there is no evidence of regular bank transfer or bank statement.they am not satisfied my wife needs the finicial support of me to meet her essential needs in nigeria.
When my wife made the application,I wrote a cover letter stating that instead of sending money to my wife through western union and paying the charges,I have a colleague at work in London to has a gtbank account,I give him pounds and he transfers the money immediately to my wife's account,as am not nigerian,but Portuguese,but the mistake we made was that my wife didn't include her bank statement,as the recipients name on her account statement won't reflect mine but my friends name
How do I tackle this,please I need answers,as I need my wife to join me in the uk.

Will you be able to provide evidence of those money transactions? That is...money you paid into your friend,s account in the UK and evidence of his transfer to your wife in Nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by myteax: 8:27pm On Nov 11, 2014
The one sent to me does not state "Visa Issued"

Its just this "Your visa has now been processed and is ready for collection.
We aim to return passports to the Visa Application Centre where you lodged your application within 2 working days."

But my friend that was denied was Your Visa Application has now been processed...

What is your view about that @justwise

justwise:

If your visa application is successful it will state that...your visa application has been processed and visa issued.....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:33pm On Nov 11, 2014
myteax:
The one sent to me does not state "Visa Issued"

Its just this "Your visa has now been processed and is ready for collection.
We aim to return passports to the Visa Application Centre where you lodged your application within 2 working days."

But my friend that was denied was Your Visa Application has now been processed...

What is your view about that @justwise

You need to go and pick up your package to know exactly what it's. There is nothing we say here that will change the outcome.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by coldstone84: 8:34pm On Nov 11, 2014
justwise:

Will you be able to provide evidence of those money transactions? That is...money you paid into your friend,s account in the UK and evidence of his transfer to your wife in Nigeria?
I give him cash and he makes the transfer directly into my wife's account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:53pm On Nov 11, 2014
coldstone84:

I give him cash and he makes the transfer directly into my wife's account

Will he be able to print out those transfer history and write a letter to confirm that you pay him in cash?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by teegirl2810: 8:54pm On Nov 11, 2014
@justwise....the account statement we are talking about, is it here in Nigeria or his account in the Uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:56pm On Nov 11, 2014
teegirl2810:
@justwise....the account statement we are talking about, is it here in Nigeria or his account in the Uk

Preferably his UK bank account but if the Nigeria one has the required amount then good, you can use that as well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by coldstone84: 8:59pm On Nov 11, 2014
justwise:

Will he be able to print out those transfer history and write a letter to confirm that you pay him in cash?
I think he should be able to do that,does my wife need to print her account statement too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:07pm On Nov 11, 2014
coldstone84:

I think he should be able to do that,does my wife need to print her account statement too

Yes she has to and you need to take your time and explain in details the money transfer issue....that you pay your friend in the UK in cash who then pay your wife in naira because he has naira account in Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by coldstone84: 9:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
justwise:

Yes she has to and you need to take your time and explain in details the money transfer issue....that you pay your friend in the UK in cash who then pay your wife in naira because he has naira account in Nigeria.
Thank you very much for taking time out to answer my question
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:26pm On Nov 11, 2014
coldstone84:

Thank you very much for taking time out to answer my question

No worries...all the very best of luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tobey2ng(m): 10:07pm On Nov 11, 2014
@worry359@justwise,Can you explain what this implies? You have no evidence of travel and compliance with immigration procedures similar to that of uk .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by teegirl2810: 12:01am On Nov 12, 2014
Thanx alot @justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zengurl: 10:47am On Nov 12, 2014
I just received an email saying "Your visa has now been processed and is ready for collection."

Is it that my application has been approved and visa Granted?

Any experienced personnel here...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ifyalways(f): 11:43am On Nov 12, 2014
zengurl:
I just received an email saying "Your visa has now been processed and is ready for collection."
Is it that my application has been approved and visa Granted?
Any experienced personnel here...

Looks so.
If the mail says "Your visa application has been processed" then most probably, you were denied but if its "Your visa has been processed" then its likely, visa issued.

Lets know how it goes when u get it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hawtbayana: 2:01pm On Nov 12, 2014
ifyalways:

Looks so.
If the mail says "Your visa application has been processed" then most probably, you were denied but if its "Your visa has been processed" then its likely, visa issued.

relax your visa has been issued
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hawtbayana: 2:07pm On Nov 12, 2014
@justwise

I applied for six month visa and was granted last month but my picture wasn't clear on the visa. hope this won't be an issue at the POE?

PLS advice. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:15pm On Nov 12, 2014
hawtbayana:
@justwise

I applied for six month visa and was granted last month but my picture wasn't clear on the visa. hope this won't be an issue at the POE?

PLS advice. thanks

Its not your problem, they printed it that way so you will not be held responsible for that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hawtbayana: 3:45pm On Nov 12, 2014
justwise:

Its not your problem, they printed it that way so you will not be held responsible for that.

Many thanks @justwise GOD BLESS YOU!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zengurl: 5:46pm On Nov 12, 2014
Just got this mail from Teleperformance.

"UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents and the decision will be sent back to the either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied, where we will contact you by email over the next few days to collect them, or if you are using the courier return service, will be sent directly back to the address you provided."

Can I go pick it up tomorrow?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by accra2005: 5:54pm On Nov 12, 2014
zengurl:
Just got this mail from Teleperformance.

"UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents and the decision will be sent back to the either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied, where we will contact you by email over the next few days to collect them, or if you are using the courier return service, will be sent directly back to the address you provided."

Can I go pick it up tomorrow?

Congrats in-advance.when did you submit your application ?pls .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tobey2ng(m): 6:03pm On Nov 12, 2014
tobey2ng:
@worry359@justwise,Can you explain what this implies? You have no evidence of travel and compliance with immigration procedures similar to that of uk .
@justwise @worry359 please I attend to this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zengurl: 6:06pm On Nov 12, 2014
I applied last week Thursday

accra2005:

Congrats in-advance.when did you submit your application ?pls .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:15pm On Nov 12, 2014
tobey2ng:

It basically means that you haven't traveled to any country with strict immigration rules similar to that of the UK...US, Canada, France..etc

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.