Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (981877 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:41pm On Mar 10, 2015
mizIvy:

Justwiseeeee if I say I love u it will b an understatement. U rock!!!. U've given me a little hope. N even if I still did not get it atleast my mind will b abit at rest during dis wait period. Thanks for replying
N also d hotel reservation is genuine.

Lol...fingers crossed it will be a positive news.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:53pm On Mar 10, 2015
zaliya:
Hi Justwise, am writing in on behalf of a friend of mine who just wrote me on this issue on whatsapp. Pls is there something that can be done? I feel for her.

'Ok what happened was that I overstayed in the UK beyond the approved 6months. When I got back after a year and a half, I got an immigration officer to backdate my arrival date. I later did a new passport and applied for six months which was granted. Am back after 4+ months to apply for 2years. I submitted previous passports including the one with back date which also have a US visa but no UK visa on it just UK travel history, the last UK visa is on the 1st passport. I have 3 passports, the second contains US visa and uk travel history, while the 3rd has the last visa issued which was 6 months (but 4+month used out of it), now am trying to renew for 2yrs and they dug into travel history on the previous passport and discovered the backdate, so that Passport was SEIZED, and it has 2 years Visa which has never been used running on it, moreover - was denied the UK visa too'

Can she appeal? .... and how pls?
She can appeal if she thinks that the visa officer was wrong in the decision to take such action, but if the decision is justifiable, then, she is under a 10 years ban.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:03pm On Mar 10, 2015
justwise:

Just like Liliana pointed out interview for visiting visa is a random thing, so you are not singled out.

If the hotel booking Is genuine and not one of those people book then cancel after submitting their application then it will not be a major issue if all other requirements are met.
There are people who got refused because, they book hotels that they have no idea of their locations or because, the hotels that they book are not suitable for their proposed activities.
Well, it all depends on the mercy of the discretionary judgement of the visa officer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zaliya(f): 11:28pm On Mar 10, 2015
justwise:

'She' will find it difficult to get hold of that passport again, she has to wait until the embassy pass it to Nigerian immigration then she will go there to retrieve it, there is no time scale to this.

She has no right of appear or ground for appeal, it's a clear case of immigration fraud that carries 10yrs ban.

Thanks a lot for the prompt responses.
That's why it's good to get things done right the first time.

She has been crying all day!

P:S- No need putting the word SHE in quote. Am def not the victim, as a matter of fact am writing in from Kenya on her behalf. She has been sending me Whatsapp messages. She is not on this forum. Just trying to help in my own little ways! I feel for her o!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:33pm On Mar 10, 2015
zaliya:

P:S- No need putting the word SHE in quote. Am def not the victim, as a matter of fact am writing in from Kenya on her behalf. She has been sending me Whatsapp messages. She is not on this forum. Just trying to help in my own little ways! I feel for her o!

Ok I get that.

Personally I don't feel sorry for people who go out of their ways to commit immigrantion fraud, they make life difficult for genuine applicants.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:38pm On Mar 10, 2015
Vicjustice:
There are people who got refused because, they book hotels that they have no idea of their locations or because, the hotels that they book are not suitable for their proposed activities.
Well, it all depends on the mercy of the discretionary judgement of the visa officer

Surely that is a good ground for refusal. Visiting London and booking a hotel in Luton or Kent will lead to refusal or traveling as a couple and booking a single bedroom will raise an eyebrow but forgetting the name of the hotel may not be a major issue if the booking confirmation has been submitted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zaliya(f): 11:51pm On Mar 10, 2015
justwise:

Ok I get that.
Personally I don't feel sorry for people who go out of their ways to commit immigration fraud, they make life difficult for genuine applicants.

Thanks Justwise.
I guess thatz the bitter truth.and a LESSON for anyone on this forum who has such intentions.

....Meanwhile, should she proceed to Abuja or just hold on till the passport is sent back to her? (this may not happen though).... or

Is there a genuine lawyer contact to help appeal for the seized passport to get returned?

Her main focus now is to retrieve the other seized passport cos of the US visa on it. For now the UK travel ban is less of a concern to her. Unfortunately, the only passport returned to her today is the one with UK TRAVEL BAN! SMH!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizIvy(f): 7:04am On Mar 11, 2015
justwise:

Lol...fingers crossed it will be a positive news.

Yah. Thanks again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:36am On Mar 11, 2015
justwise:

Surely that is a good ground for refusal. Visiting London and booking a hotel in Luton or Kent will lead to refusal or traveling as a couple and booking a single bedroom will raise an eyebrow but forgetting the name of the hotel may not be a major issue if the booking confirmation has been submitted.
So, is it not reasonable for the visa officer to wonder how they can be certain of the hotel location and it's suitability if they can't remember the name?
Well, you see it as trivial, but I don't; Visa Officers are psychologists, and they can use this to determine that the applicants probably booked the hotel for presentation formality rather than reality. Therefore, i am of the opinion that a merciless visa officer can capitalize on this while making a decision: there are people who got refused because they failed to tell the name of the street of the person who invited them.
My question is, if the answer is Irrelevant, why did the Visa Officer ask it?
Well, i am not saying it is over, but like i said, it all comes up to the mercy of the visa officer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mizIvy(f): 9:17am On Mar 11, 2015
Vicjustice:

So, is it not reasonable for the visa officer to wonder how they can be certain of the hotel location and it's suitability if they can't remember the name?
Well, you see it as trivial, but I don't; Visa Officers are psychologists, and they can use this to determine that the applicants probably booked the hotel for presentation formality rather than reality. Therefore, i am of the opinion that a merciless visa officer can capitalize on this while making a decision: there are people who got refused because they failed to tell the name of the street of the person who invited them.
Well, i am not saying it is over, but like i said, it all comes up to the mercy of the visa officer.

Yah u r both right. Its definitely on d mercy of God n visa officer. The mistake is already made whatever their decision am cool with it. Have come to know dat this visa tin is 50/50. So am not giving it another thought until I get my passport back.
Thanks guys for ur response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:31am On Mar 11, 2015
mizIvy:

Yah u r both right. Its definitely on d mercy of God n visa officer. The mistake is already made whatever their decision am cool with it. Have come to know dat this visa tin is 50/50. So am not giving it another thought until I get my passport back.
Thanks guys for ur response.
Excellent!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:48am On Mar 11, 2015
U[size=8pt][/size]
zaliya:

Thanks Justwise.
I guess thatz the bitter truth.and a LESSON for anyone on this forum who has such intentions.

....Meanwhile, should she proceed to Abuja or just hold on till the passport is sent back to her? (this may not happen though).... or

Is there a genuine lawyer contact to help appeal for the seized passport to get returned?

Her main focus now is to retrieve the other seized passport cos of the US visa on it. For now the UK travel ban is less of a concern to her. Unfortunately, the only passport returned to her today is the one with UK TRAVEL BAN! SMH!

Contacting a lawyer is waste of time and money, let her keep contacting the embassy to know when the passport is sent to Nigerian immigration then she will go there to request for it. Hopefully the British embassy hasn't passed her details to America embassy as they seems to work together.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jayfierce(m): 12:26pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hello everyone, I just got a 6 months visit visa and I initially planned on staying just a week at a hotel in London. Now I want to stay longer Like up to three weeks and I want to start with Manchester before going to London. ‎

Will this cause problems for me i.e be denied entry on suspicious grounds? Will it affect future applications if they check and see that I didnt follow what I wrote down on my application form?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by earthrealm(m): 12:57pm On Mar 11, 2015
zaliya:

she should pray real hard!!!!.......the 2 embassies share information, especially when crime/fraud is involved...........i wont be suprised if her us visa is cancelled and l...........................

Vicjustice:

it was on this forum sometime ago...some1 booked a hotel inside heathrow airport - tourist visa.
he was promptly denied, call it ignorance, call it not doing due research...........it just wrong booking a hotel in an airport......
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by liliana(f): 1:27pm On Mar 11, 2015
jayfierce:
Hello everyone, I just got a 6 months visit visa and I initially planned on staying just a week at a hotel in London. Now I want to stay longer Like up to three weeks and I want to start with Manchester before going to London. ‎

Will this cause problems for me i.e be denied entry on suspicious grounds? Will it affect future applications if they check and see that I didnt follow what I wrote down on my application form?

@OP,

I am not sure it would cause problems for you as long as the entry clearance is valid at the point of entry. That being said, I leave it to the guru's to respond to.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickxtra(m): 1:28pm On Mar 11, 2015
Bros, my sister has a friend who is ready to invite and sponsor her visit to U.K, but my sister lacks the relevant documents like sufficient fund, property deed or shares. Now i think I can make two applications - my application along with her own, stating that she is traveling with me to the U.K.. I want to use my personal company's documents to make the application. Though am not traveling, but just to make sure she has the visa. Please, will it scale through or what do you think should be the best way out? Please, need your advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 1:38pm On Mar 11, 2015
nickxtra:
Bros, my sister has a friend who is ready to invite and sponsor her visit to U.K, but my sister lacks the relevant documents like sufficient fund, property deed or shares. Now i think I can make two applications - my application along with her own, stating that she is traveling with me to the U.K.. I want to use my personal company's documents to make the application. Though am not traveling, but just to make sure she has the visa. Please, will it scale through or what do you think should be the best way out? Please, need your advice
You are tryimg to start the process with a lie
and it will all end in tears!.

Use honest means to package your sister so that she meets the requirements. Work on her strong ties to return home, then finance.
Better a rejection for an honest application than to have fraud detected and be banned!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:53pm On Mar 11, 2015
nickxtra:
If you are really wealthy and you meet the requirements, then there is a fair chance that both of you could get the visa, but if she is eventually travelling alone, and she is interviewed at the point of entry, her visa could be cancelled on finding out that she is on her own
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:00pm On Mar 11, 2015
jayfierce:

If the 6 months visa carries a Remark that states the duration of stay, then there would be a very serious problem, but if it is an open 6 months visa, then you are fine to stay as long as you wish within its validity.
If asked why you stayed longer than declared, just tell them that there was a change of circumstance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jayfierce(m): 3:36pm On Mar 11, 2015
Thanks so much @ vicjustice and @ lilian. Here's what my visa looks like.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Deejau007: 4:00pm On Mar 11, 2015
Vicjustice:

@vicjustice: I'm new on here, don't really know how this works. Please could you send me an email. It's kinda urgent. Thanks aminabako008@yahoo.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:06pm On Mar 11, 2015
Deejau007:

@vicjustice: I'm new on here, don't really know how this works. Please could you send me an email. It's kinda urgent. Thanks aminabako008@yahoo.com
How miserable will it i have to send an email to every new person like you.
I am personally offended at your selfish request which to my sensibility is considered condescending.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:08pm On Mar 11, 2015
jayfierce:
Thanks so much @ vicjustice and @ lilian. Here's what my visa looks like.
You could have made things easier by stating your query with the visa attachment as i can not always remember you nor the correspondence that we had. I've just gone through your posts to understand your query.

Now, although your visa states the duration of stay (which is 180 days), you should be fine to stay for up to the 180 days if you have valid reasons to stay that long: there are some visas that are valid for 6 month but with 7 days duration of stay, such visa would be a problem in your situation.

In most cases, you wouldn't need to explain why you stayed that long because, you wouldn't be asked. But if however you are asked, then ensure that you have just any explanation (a simple explanation such as "there was a change of circumstance in Nigeria so i decided to stay longer than i proposed in order to enjoy more of my time in the UK" ) will do provided they are satisfied that you have enough finance,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nonoski: 11:57pm On Mar 11, 2015
Good day House,
As stated earlier I wish to travel to UK with my Family and my visa appointment is tomorrow, Please is it necessary that I attach a family pix of me and my family (Wife and Children)
or do i need to attach a picture of My Wife and her brother who is the person inviting us. (Duh its quite an old picture)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by deri20: 5:39am On Mar 12, 2015
nonoski:
Good day House,
As stated earlier I wish to travel to UK with my Family and my visa appointment is tomorrow, Please is it necessary that I attach a family pix of me and my family (Wife and Children)
or do i need to attach a picture of My Wife and her brother who is the person inviting us. (Duh its quite an old picture)
Yes its necessary. I submitted family pictures and marriage certificate when i applied.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hardywaltz(m): 8:34am On Mar 12, 2015
deri20:

Yes its necessary. I submitted family pictures and marriage certificate when i applied.
I have my marriage certificate but didn't bother to come along with family pictures
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 12, 2015
hardywaltz:

I have my marriage certificate but didn't bother to come along with family pictures
it's important to take your family pictures, when I submitted for my son, I submitted from birth to his 3rd birthday pictures, Christmas pics et all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:55am On Mar 12, 2015
deri20:

Actually, it is not a necessity, it only serves as an additional proof of relationship. An applicant can do without pictures: picture proof without documented evidence will fail, but documented evidence without pictures can do well.
People don't get refused for not providing pictures when there are sufficient evidence of relationship.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olugbode: 7:15pm On Mar 12, 2015
I had my appointment last week wednesday and i received this messagefrom the embassy today "Dear ......,
UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision. Your documents and the decision will be sent back to the either the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied,
where we will contact you by email over the next few days to collect them, or if you are using the courier return service, will be sent directly back to the address you provided''.
Pls how do i know may be it was successful or not?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jayfierce(m): 8:00pm On Mar 12, 2015
Olugbode, no one can truly tell you if you're successful or not till you get your passport back. Some say if you have a VAF number and the mail contains Dear "Olugbode" instead of Dear applicant then you are successful
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olugbode: 8:16pm On Mar 12, 2015
jayfierce:
Olugbode, no one can truly tell you if you're successful or not till you get your passport back. Some say if you have a VAF number and the mail contains Dear "Olugbode" instead of Dear applicant then you are successful
Thanks. Will find means to collect it as soon as possible.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ronaldo007: 10:40am On Mar 13, 2015
Hello great people in this forum,i commend y'all!!!!! Thumbs up

I am new here
Please i have some questions for uk family visitors visa:

I want to invite my parents to uk during the summer,i was born here in 1981,dat was the only time my parents were here,on a study visa and they left after about 1yr, QUESTION-will they apply for 6months visit visa or 2yrs since they have been here before?

Then i live in a 2bed with my wife and child,is that enough accommodation for both of them?

They will be sponsoring themselves as they are doing well in nigeria,but i know i have to also show my employment status here,is 3months payslips/bank statement ok? Or do i need 6months payslips?(cant even find all).definately they will be submitting their 6months.

Thank you all in advance to hearing from you

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.