Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,574 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982487 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 05, 2015
justwise:

You are the one traveling and expected to meet the requirements, not your uncle or any other sponsor.
But justwise the first time I applied for uk visa, then I was earning 101k and I added my friend as a sponsor, I had 200k in my account and added my friends fixed deposit certifacte, a letter from his bank stated he is sponsoring and he also wrote a personal letter, my visa was approved.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:18pm On Mar 05, 2015
mimibe:

But justwise the first time I applied for uk visa, then I was earning 101k and I added my friend as a sponsor, I had 200k in my account and added my friends fixed deposit certifacte, a letter from his bank stated he is sponsoring and he also wrote a personal letter, my visa was approved.

I hold my breath on that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by TCann(m): 8:54pm On Mar 05, 2015
@JUSTWISE

Good day to all the gurus in the house.I am back.

Kindly help with your perspectives on the below ques.

Q.1I want to apply for myself, my wife and childrenIn this VISA4UK form that they are currently testing- there is "Apply for myself', "Apply for someone Else", how do I apply for my wife and children?Being the sole sponsor and wanting the embassy to know that we are all applying as memebers of the same family, should I open different forms for her and the children one by one or use my log in and click 'applying for someone else' on my own application form page for each of them?

Q.2 My GTbank ATM card successfully paid for my visa fees but I am having issues using it to comfirm my London hotel booking as the hotel kept saying they cannot charge the card. There is sufficient funds on the account to cover the hotel bill and the card has been used in the past to pay for online foreign purhases- both in the UK and US. What should I do considering the fact that I have keyed in this hotel details on my own application form which I have already paid for.Thank you all for your anticipated responses.

TCann:

Thanks for the response. I want to believe this a widely acceptable way to go!

But going through this way of applying (using my log in page to create 'APPLY FOR SOMEONE ELSE' option for wifey and kids), how will our applications be linked and recognised as a members of the same and one family since my wifey is being spouse sponsored by me?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ulale: 11:57pm On Mar 05, 2015
@justwise, please sir, that seperate letter you advice people to attach in their general visitor visa application, it should be typed or hand written is okay? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 06, 2015
Please can the house educate me on sponsorship and evidence of home ties? I want to apply for a tourist visa and I am not working yet.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:56am On Mar 06, 2015
ulale:
@justwise, please sir, that seperate letter you advice people to attach in their general visitor visa application, it should be typed or hand written is okay? Thanks

Yes if the space provided for additional info is not enough for all you want to write then use separate paper to complete it, it could be typed or hand-written, if your hand writing is not good then type it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:57am On Mar 06, 2015
iduda:
Please can the house educate me on sponsorship and evidence of home ties? I want to apply for a tourist visa and I am not working yet.

You will struggle to get a visa in that case especially as an adult.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:09am On Mar 06, 2015
TCann:
@JUSTWISE

Q.1I want to apply for myself, my wife and childrenIn this VISA4UK form that they are currently testing- there is "Apply for myself', "Apply for someone Else", how do I apply for my wife and children?Being the sole sponsor and wanting the embassy to know that we are all applying as memebers of the same family, should I open different forms for her and the children one by one or use my log in and click 'applying for someone else' on my own application form page for each of them?

Q.2 My GTbank ATM card successfully paid for my visa fees but I am having issues using it to comfirm my London hotel booking as the hotel kept saying they cannot charge the card. There is sufficient funds on the account to cover the hotel bill and the card has been used in the past to pay for online foreign purhases- both in the UK and US. What should I do considering the fact that I have keyed in this hotel details on my own application form which I have already paid for.Thank you all for your anticipated responses.

1.Though i haven't used the online application system as i got no need for it but if there is a button for ''applying for someone'' then use it to apply for other family members, what matters is the details and not who made the application. Alternatively open another form for each person.

2. Since you have used the card to make successful booking before then contact the hotel with your details to register your complain, they will sort that out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by TCann(m): 11:10am On Mar 06, 2015
justwise:

1.Though i haven't used the online application system as i got no need for it but if there is a button for ''applying for someone'' then use it to apply for other family members, what matters is the details and not who made the application. Alternatively open another form for each person.

2. Since you have used the card to make successful booking before then contact the hotel with your details to register your complain, they will sort that out.

Thank you Justwise. I have initiated the process based on your thoughts which is also the general opinion but I'm a lil concerned about this new online form.

There is no indication that my online form is linked to other memebers of my family that is applying alongside.

How will our applications be recognised as linked and be treated as members of the same and one family.

(Meanwhile on my wife's form...in the sections asking about:

-Cost of the trip to you personally
-cost of accomodation
- available amount for the trip
-cost of living expenses

I filled "SPOUSE SPONSORED". I hope I am in the right path?

NB: I am picking the bill for myself, wifey and 3 children for a 7-day trip, with an account statement balance of 3m with no lump sum lodgments. I dont know whether it will fly?

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:45am On Mar 06, 2015
TCann:
@JUSTWISE

Answer 1) Every one of you (even if the person is a baby) is required to fill in an individual application even though you are travelling together. In the application form, you will be asked the details of each accompanying person and also who will be responsible for the costs, so, the details of everyone in the company will eventually overlap and correspond.

Answer 2) While all companies accept Credit Cards From EU countries, The US, Canada, Australia, New-Zealand Japan, South Korea, etc, many companies do not accept credit card from Nigeria and the likes. So, i will advice you to contact the Hotel by email and they will advice you to telephone their credit department where they can manually accept your payment over the phone.
www.babefishing.com, the ideal Nigerian free dating site. Click now: www.babefishing.com

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:15pm On Mar 06, 2015
TCann:

Thank you Justwise. I have initiated the process based on your thoughts which is also the general opinion but I'm a lil concerned about this new online form.

There is no indication that my online form is linked to other memebers of my family that is applying alongside.

How will our applications be recognised as linked and be treated as members of the same and one family.

(Meanwhile on my wife's form...in the sections asking about:

-Cost of the trip to you personally
-cost of accomodation
- available amount for the trip
-cost of living expenses

I filled "SPOUSE SPONSORED". I hope I am in the right path?

NB: I am picking the bill for myself, wifey and 3 children for a 7-day trip, with an account statement balance of 3m with no lump sum lodgments. I dont know whether it will fly?

Thank you.

You should not be worried about that, when you go to submit at the visa center the whole family application forms and supporting documents will be put in one folder and recorded.

The details in their forms will be the same as yours, apart from names and passport numbers.

Sponsorship, cost, accommodation, living expenses etc will be the same as in your form because you are the sponsor.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by TCann(m): 1:02pm On Mar 06, 2015
Vicjustice:

Answer 1) Every one of you (even if the person is a baby) is required to fill in an individual application even though you are travelling together. In the application form, you will be asked the details of each accompanying person and also who will be responsible for the costs, so, the details of everyone in the company will eventually overlap and correspond.

Answer 2) While all companies accept Credit Cards From EU countries, The US, Canada, Australia, New-Zealand Japan, South Korea, etc, many companies do not accept credit card from Nigeria and the likes. So, i will advice you to contact the Hotel by email and they will advice you to telephone their credit department where they can manually accept your payment over the phone.

Thank you VicJustice

On Ques 1
I have been able to address it based on your advice, Justwise and others after wide consultation. Thank you, God bless.

On Ques 2
I eventually was able to book via my Mastercard Naira Debit Card after severally back and forth to my bank and calls to the hotel in Southwark.
However, the funny twist was that the hotel debited my acct for GBP200 (A night's cost) (which totally exited my account) even though the terms of the booking is that I can cancel my booking at no charge to me on or before 20th July 2015.

I called the hotel and the guy told me that when I come to the UK in July, I'll just pay the balance of my total lodging. I told him I hope I will be able to get a refund if I cancel my booking before July in the instance where I am not able to make my journey again. He said yes (but he did not sound convincing)
The Hotel's area code SE17 3AN

The issues now are;
-Is this hotel trying to scam me?
-Are they not just suppose to, in the extreme instance, block the amount in my account and not totally debit me pending JULY 21?
-How will the hotel return my GBP200 to my card if I decide to cancel my booking?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sheuk: 2:40pm On Mar 06, 2015
sheuk:
Gud day to all d gurus in d house, my 2yrs visa expires with that of my wife and kids, i am renewing 5yrs for mysef, 2yrs for my wife as against d 6months dat expired and 6months for my 2 kids as against the 6months that expired. pls is this a good decision for me? also can 1.1m acct balance be good to go for this family trip?? pls Justwise and others help me out oooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:20pm On Mar 06, 2015
TCann:

Thank you VicJustice

On Ques 1
I have been able to address it based on your advice, Justwise and others after wide consultation. Thank you, God bless.

On Ques 2
I eventually was able to book via my Mastercard Naira Debit Card after severally back and forth to my bank and calls to the hotel in Southwark.
However, the funny twist was that the hotel debited my acct for GBP200 (A night's cost) (which totally exited my account) even though the terms of the booking is that I can cancel my booking at no charge to me on or before 20th July 2015.

I called the hotel and the guy told me that when I come to the UK in July, I'll just pay the balance of my total lodging. I told him I hope I will be able to get a refund if I cancel my booking before July in the instance where I am not able to make my journey again. He said yes (but he did not sound convincing)

The issues now are;
-Are they not just suppose to, in the extreme instance, block the amount in my account and not totally debit me pending JULY 21?
-How will the hotel return my GBP200 to my card if I decide to cancel my booking?
Highly unlikely that it is a scam.
Every hotel has a policy of refund in the event that a booking is cancelled, howbeit, some may automatically charge your Credit Card for the administration or transaction fee which are usually negligible: and the refund will be re-credited into the very account from which the original payment was made
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by TCann(m): 4:14pm On Mar 06, 2015
justwise:

You should not be worried about that, when you go to submit at the visa center the whole family application forms and supporting documents will be put in one folder and recorded.

The details in their forms will be the same as yours, apart from names and passport numbers.

Sponsorship, cost, accommodation, living expenses etc will be the same as in your form because you are the sponsor.

Thank you JustWise.

Your perspective will be welcomed on the below also:

On Ques 1

On Ques 2

The issues now are;
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by TCann(m): 4:25pm On Mar 06, 2015
Vicjustice:

Highly unlikely that it is a scam.
Every hotel has a policy of refund in the event that a booking is cancelled, howbeit, some may automatically charge your Credit Card for the administration or transaction fee which are usually negligible: and the refund will be re-credited into the very account from which the original payment was made

Thank you VicJustice

The total lodging bill is about GBP1350 for 6 nights and they totally deducted GBP200 from the account, that's the point. I dont have issues with them 'blocking' the amount inside my account (something like freezing that sum and making it unspendable but still in my account) but not deducting the sum out of the account, that was why I was a bit apprehensive and suspicious of that move as a scam.

But so long and if I cancel the booking within time and they re-credited my account, we wont have issues but if 'story' wan enter their gist when i demand for a refund saying that they can't or won't refund, hmmmmm...

Thanks bro.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:43pm On Mar 06, 2015
TCann:

Thank you VicJustice

The total lodging bill is about GBP1350 for 6 nights and they totally deducted GBP200 from the account, that's the point. I dont have issues with them 'blocking' the amount inside my account (something like freezing that sum and making it unspendable but still in my account) but not deducting the sum out of the account, that was why I was a bit apprehensive and suspicious of that move as a scam.

But so long and if I cancel the booking within time and they re-credited my account, we wont have issues but if 'story' wan enter their gist when i demand for a refund saying that they can't or won't refund, hmmmmm...

Thanks bro.

They do not usually take the full amount during the booking, and depending on individual hotel policies, they normally take within 10 to 30% of the cost.
Also, there are usually window periods during which you are allowed to cancel or change your plans after which it becomes too late to adjust.
I recommend that you read the terms and conditions carefully to avoid making a mistake

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by docharry18: 7:00pm On Mar 06, 2015
docharry18:
Hi, I'm a doctor applying for my PLAB visa. My issues are
1) I quit my job a month ago, but have all my payslips & bank documents. How do I go about filling up the employment column ?
2) My parents are in the UK & my dad's work visa expires in about a week. His passport is with the home office for ILR processing ( he should ideally get it in a few days). But since my exam is quite near, I've got a cousin to sponsor me. How do I present this fact ?
Given these difficulties, please help me tackle this rather complex issue. Hindsight, I should not have quit my job, but my grandmother was diagnosed with cancer last month & since my father could'nt make it, I had to quit my job to support her.
Your profession is good, but your circumstances are unfavorable.
1) You can not fulfill the employment aspect because, you are unemployed, but yet, that does not disqualify you from getting the visa.
2) Your cousin is not eligible to be your sponsor, this aspect will disqualify you.

As a follow-up to my earlier question :
I have now decided to go to the UK in time for the June exam & intend to travel in May.
1)I'm still unemployed. Should I get re-employed at the same hospital (which is difficult because it will be only for little over a month) or would any other hospital do ? Even if I work elsewhere, (this is the name of the place I would be filling up in my form) & I show my earlier employer's payslips (which is upto January) will it be OK or would questions be raised ?
2) I'm waiting for my parents' passports to come ( still with the Home Office) & then apply with my father as sponsor.
3) Could I still apply without anyone sponsoring me, with just a hotel booking for about a week around the period of the exam ? I'll mention that my parents currently live in London but will be back to the homeland, hence the hotel booking. Or does this sound too complicated ?
I am still very perturbed by the employment situation & hence my question, how much of an impact will it make on the visa application. Thanks a lot for your earlier answer, I did'nt go ahead with my cousin's sponsorship.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ulale: 7:08pm On Mar 06, 2015
@justwise, Thanks sir, you'll be hearing from me with questions from time to time, I'm applying my visa in three months time, I'm learning from this thread, reading it from page 1, now I'm on 160th page and at the same time building my personal Saving account, thanks, I hope you won't be fed up with my questions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tayotp: 7:10pm On Mar 06, 2015
Hello everyone,nice job u are doin justwise.

My questions are(1)I hav a sister that wants to invite me for a visit,but she recently invited a friend who was rejected of recent for money lodgement in her acc.(friend's acc).now the friend wants to reapply and explain the source of the money.

I dont know when she will re-apply,my questions are,I want to apply in some weeks.will this rejection of somone she invited affect me?

Also I did asked here about tax clearance and I have someone working on it for me.how do I show tax paid on my pay slip when I have not been paying tax.i just want to pay for the three years now.

Thank you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nonoski: 7:17pm On Mar 06, 2015
Good day all,
You have all been of great help to me.
Please like i stated eairlier, I, my Wife and 2 children intended to travel for a my Brother in-laws wedding in may. I am the sole sponsor of the trip.

I successfully filled my form and that of my Wife and Children and paid for the them
Our appointment date is next week 12th of march.

Please these are the documents i intend to include (Thot i think its too plenty)

1) Visa and completed forms for all of us.
2) Letter of Introduction from my employer to the High Commission (I work with an agency under the Presidency FGN)
3) Employment letter
4) Confirmation/recent promotion letter and photocopy of my ID card.
5) 6 months pay slip
6) Bank Statement for the last 6months (bal N2.5m) and statement from my pension fund admin (N2.8m)
7) Letter of Invitation from my Brother in law and his to be wife whose a Brit. Including their passport details and permit (for my brother in-law)
cool Mortgage document from my in-law
9) Marriage certificate
10) Birth certificate for my kids
11) Family photograph
12) My Wife's letter of deferment from Swansea University
13) My Son's letter of refusal in 2012.
14) A breakdown of intended cost of the travelling including Visa Fees
15) A letter to explain certain details .

Question 1: hope the supporting docs i have is ok?

Question 2: Do i have to include my land deed?

Question 3: How do i pay for the courier service on the teleperformance website coz i'm in Owerri and want my Passports returned to me via courier to PH.

Question 4: Please how do i make hotel reservation and do i have to pay for it?

@ Vicjustice and justwise:

Thank you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:47pm On Mar 06, 2015
docharry18:
As a follow-up to my earlier question :
I have now decided to go to the UK in time for the June exam & intend to travel in May.
1)I'm still unemployed. Should I get re-employed at the same hospital (which is difficult because it will be only for little over a month) or would any other hospital do ? Even if I work elsewhere, (this is the name of the place I would be filling up in my form) & I show my earlier employer's payslips (which is upto January) will it be OK or would questions be raised ?
2) I'm waiting for my parents' passports to come ( still with the Home Office) & then apply with my father as sponsor.
3) Could I still apply without anyone sponsoring me, with just a hotel booking for about a week around the period of the exam ? I'll mention that my parents currently live in London but will be back to the homeland, hence the hotel booking. Or does this sound too complicated ?
I am still very perturbed by the employment situation & hence my question, how much of an impact will it make on the visa application. Thanks a lot for your earlier answer, I did'nt go ahead with my cousin's sponsorship.
Your unemployment status means a whole lot, it can represent 99% chance of refusal except your parents are very rich.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by liliana(f): 8:14am On Mar 08, 2015
@nonoski,

Question 1
In my opinion, there can only be not enough documents, never too much when submitting a visa application. It looks like your documents are okay.

Question 2
See response to question 1 above.

Question 3
I believe you can pay for the courier service at the appointment, not online. They would ask you how you prefer your passport to be returned to you. Of course, you pay extra for this service.

Question 4

Use google! It's that easy. You can use your brother - in- laws address as a benchmark i.e hotels near brother-in-laws postcode.

Goodluck with your application!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by imadebaby: 3:11pm On Mar 08, 2015
@ justwise and all pls i submitted my kids application on the4th of this month....and i need back the passport urgently on Friday.....pls do u tink a decision would have been made before then?

if not pls wat is the process of withdrawing application and how long does it take to get the passport back after withdrawal?

ur urgent response will be appreciated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:32pm On Mar 08, 2015
imadebaby:
@ justwise and all pls i submitted my kids application on the4th of this month....and i need back the passport urgently on Friday.....pls do u tink a decision would have been made before then?

if not pls wat is the process of withdrawing application and how long does it take to get the passport back after withdrawal?

ur urgent response will be appreciated

I doubt if any decision is made...it's just 2 working days.

You can contact them by email or phone or even both to withdraw your application. Their contact details is their website
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:35pm On Mar 08, 2015
nonoski:
Good day all,
You have all been of great help to me.
Please like i stated eairlier, I, my Wife and 2 children intended to travel for a my Brother in-laws wedding in may. I am the sole sponsor of the trip.

I successfully filled my form and that of my Wife and Children and paid for the them
Our appointment date is next week 12th of march.

Please these are the documents i intend to include (Thot i think its too plenty)

1) Visa and completed forms for all of us.
2) Letter of Introduction from my employer to the High Commission (I work with an agency under the Presidency FGN)
3) Employment letter
4) Confirmation/recent promotion letter and photocopy of my ID card.
5) 6 months pay slip
6) Bank Statement for the last 6months (bal N2.5m) and statement from my pension fund admin (N2.8m)
7) Letter of Invitation from my Brother in law and his to be wife whose a Brit. Including their passport details and permit (for my brother in-law)
cool Mortgage document from my in-law
9) Marriage certificate
10) Birth certificate for my kids
11) Family photograph
12) My Wife's letter of deferment from Swansea University
13) My Son's letter of refusal in 2012.
14) A breakdown of intended cost of the travelling including Visa Fees
15) A letter to explain certain details .

Question 1: hope the supporting docs i have is ok?

Question 2: Do i have to include my land deed?

Question 3: How do i pay for the courier service on the teleperformance website coz i'm in Owerri and want my Passports returned to me via courier to PH.

Question 4: Please how do i make hotel reservation and do i have to pay for it?

@ Vicjustice and justwise:

Thank you all.

liliana:
@nonoski,
Question 1
In my opinion, there can only be not enough documents, never too much when submitting a visa application. It looks like your documents are okay.
Question 2
See response to question 1 above.
Question 3
I believe you can pay for the courier service at the appointment, not online. They would ask you how you prefer your passport to be returned to you. Of course, you pay extra for this service.
Question 4
Use google! It's that easy. You can use your brother - in- laws address as a benchmark i.e hotels near brother-in-laws postcode.
Goodluck with your application!

This post ^^ answered your questions

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:43pm On Mar 08, 2015
tayotp:
Hello everyone,nice job u are doin justwise.

My questions are(1)I hav a sister that wants to invite me for a visit,but she recently invited a friend who was rejected of recent for money lodgement in her acc.(friend's acc).now the friend wants to reapply and explain the source of the money.

I dont know when she will re-apply,my questions are,I want to apply in some weeks.will this rejection of somone she invited affect me?

Also I did asked here about tax clearance and I have someone working on it for me.how do I show tax paid on my pay slip when I have not been paying tax.i just want to pay for the three years now.

Thank you all.

Her application may or may not affect your application... If your sister is inviting both of you and want to accommodate both of then she has to proof that she has adequate accommodation for both of you.

Do you work for somebody....employed ..or you work for yourself?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by liliana(f): 10:00pm On Mar 08, 2015
justwise:

This post ^^ answered your questions

@justwise

Been a while. Well done for holding the forte here and doing a good job out of it.

How have you been?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by imadebaby: 11:16pm On Mar 08, 2015
justwise:

I doubt if any decision is made...it's just 2 working days.

You can contact them by email or phone or even both to withdraw your application. Their contact details is their website

justwise cant find the contact details...pls assist
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:24am On Mar 09, 2015
imadebaby:

justwise cant find the contact details...pls assist

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 203
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.