Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,804 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980390 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:38am On Apr 28, 2015
Ralphlauren:

the father can.

all he has to do is marry their mother legally and if she meets all the requirements (salary, etc), she can file for a spousal visa for him.

the dad can then file for his other kids (after he becomes a british citizen) ONLY if they are under 18 as at the time he makes the application.

just my two cents.

That is a different ball game entirely. My comment is based on the current situation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ralphlauren(m): 9:48am On Apr 28, 2015
justwise:

That is a different ball game entirely. My comment is based on the current situation.

yeah i agree.

going through the route i suggested will take time and careful planning.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kudsweet(f): 9:53am On Apr 28, 2015
justwise:

How do you make in a year from the business after tax?
It's a distributorship we are in to and the profit not buoyant but still growing. To be precise , roughly 200k after all expenses.
We haven't paid a tax in the account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:06am On Apr 28, 2015
kudsweet:
It's a distributorship we are in to and the profit not buoyant but still growing. To be precise , roughly 200k after all expenses.
We haven't paid a tax in the account.

You need a miracle to be able to get a visa, the combination of your salary, your husband's salary and the business income is just under 350K, how can you afford to tour the UK on that income?

That is just cost of ticket for one person.

Please invest the money on your business and grow it. Applying to visit the UK is just waste of money....my personal opinion though.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by donpy(m): 11:24am On Apr 28, 2015
travelland:

If your dad is legally married to the woman, he can apply for settlement visa. You and your brother can apply for family visit visa, but not settlement because you are above 18, and should not be independent

Dad is not legally married to the woman but the woman wants him back and same for the children... What do you mean by "not be independent"
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by donpy(m): 11:30am On Apr 28, 2015
donpy:

Dad is not legally married to the woman but the woman wants him back and same for the children... What do you mean by "not be independent"

Since Dad is not legally married to her, what visa do you advise he applied for and how do we go about it... I believe when he gets ober there he would work out something for us
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adeza: 1:46pm On Apr 28, 2015
Hello Justwise, I am applying for tourist UK visa for myself,wife and 2yrs old son. My wife is unemployed and I'm sponsoring the trip,I have a private company but using my savings account and fixed deposit to apply. I have been to UK for study, holiday and also Germany for hols. The issue is applying for my wife since she is unemployed and hasn't travelled.I wanna ask if I'm to fill in exactly the same amount as I did for mine for these questions

-what is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)?
-The total amount of money you have for this trip?
-The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets ?
-The cost of your accommodation ?
-The cost of your living expenses ?
-Is someone other than you paying for all or a part of your trip?
- What is the total cost of your trip, including money others may be giving you, in GBP(£) and if I'm to write N/A for my son

Also is it necessary for her to put her savings account since I'm sponsoring the trip?
Please need a reply as soon as possible
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 1:52pm On Apr 28, 2015
adeza:
Hello Justwise, I am applying for tourist UK visa for myself,wife and 2yrs old son. My wife is unemployed and I'm sponsoring the trip,I have a private company but using my savings account and fixed deposit to apply. I have been to UK for study, holiday and also Germany for hols. The issue is applying for my wife since she is unemployed and hasn't travelled.I wanna ask if I'm to fill in exactly the same amount as I did for mine for these questions

-what is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)?
-The total amount of money you have for this trip?
-The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets ?
-The cost of your accommodation ?
-The cost of your living expenses ?
-Is someone other than you paying for all or a part of your trip?
- What is the total cost of your trip, including money others may be giving you, in GBP(£) and if I'm to write N/A for my son

Please need a reply as soon as possible

You answered all you questions. Be sincere in all your answers.
State in the special notes section, about your wives unemployment status, and that you are sponsoring the trip. If your figures matches up, your visa would be granted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adeza: 3:30pm On Apr 28, 2015
Thanks lexusgs430. But u didn't say if wife should put her savings account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kudsweet(f): 5:58pm On Apr 28, 2015
justwise:

You need a miracle to be able to get a visa, the combination of your salary, your husband's salary and the business income is just under 350K, how can you afford to tour the UK on that income?

That is just cost of ticket for one person.

Please invest the money on your business and grow it. Applying to visit the UK is just waste of money....my personal opinion though.
Alright sir, I appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 777ab(m): 6:16pm On Apr 28, 2015
lolatom:
. I'm still waiting for responses please
please lolatom wot r doc submitted dat grant u d visa. Just about to apply mid may 2015. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 9:05pm On Apr 28, 2015
adeza:
Thanks lexusgs430. But u didn't say if wife should put her savings account

If source of savings can be established, include it. I read from your request, you stated she was unemployed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bee4blues: 9:39am On Apr 29, 2015
Hello, i'm a student in my final year in the University, I applied to visit my married sister in the UK with my new niece and her husband. Her husband wrote the invite because he's a citizen. The decision was a refusal and reason was due to my circumstances and that not much have I convinced them of returning withing 6 months. My question is I DO NOT have the intention of staying more than my time, how can I prove this in an administrative review? Pls find attached the reason for refusal. I will appreciate any response that's problem solving.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:26am On Apr 29, 2015
bee4blues:
Hello, i'm a student in my final year in the University, I applied to visit my married sister in the UK with my new niece and her husband. Her husband wrote the invite because he's a citizen. The decision was a refusal and reason was due to my circumstances and that not much have I convinced them of returning withing 6 months. My question is I DO NOT have the intention of staying more than my time, how can I prove this in an administrative review? Pls find attached the reason for refusal. I will appreciate any response that's problem solving.

You hardly qualify for visiting visa or to apply for AR but you can still write one and submit, they will still give you a reply positive or not.

There is no way to proof that you are not going to overstay your visa without strong tie to Nigeria...unfortunately at the moment you don't have any.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 11:45am On Apr 29, 2015
bee4blues:
As said you need to PROOVE strong ties to return home.
At the moment your ties are very weak. Being a student is not considered much tie to home.
Strong ties are long term (over one year) employment
Family and children and managed landed property.

Sorry but the best advice is forget administrative review, you will just get expenses and stress and will not win.
Hs this been advised by solicitor or agent who is getting paid?
Your sister in law with new baby just looks like you going there to be housekeeper for them. (this is what VO will think)

Best to put off your plans for some time untill things change for you.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bunita11218: 1:32pm On Apr 29, 2015
Hi everyone,I would like to invite my mum to come and visit her grandchild in June but I would need advice on how to go about it.shes 55years and a widow.shes doing little business which she doesn't pay tax on.my question is this;
1.how best can I put the application as she hasn't travelled before.
2.do you reckon I say she's retired in order not to make the application too much or should i say she has a little business she's doing just to show she's coming back home.
3.how best can I demonstrate she will come back home because she has other children in Nigeria and also land in her name.
4.do you reckon I get a sponsor for her in nigeria to pay for flight because myself and my husband are looking to sponsor all the trip.
Please I need a candid advice because I need her to get the visa.
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bee4blues: 1:39pm On Apr 29, 2015
justwise:

You hardly qualify for visiting visa or to apply for AR but you can still write one and submit, they will still give you a reply positive or not.

There is no way to proof that you are not going to overstay your visa without strong tie to Nigeria...unfortunately at the moment you don't have any.

Thank you. What if I submit a landed property documents in my late father's name, and also get some accreditation letters from my school indicating my integrity and my coming back to finalise my projects and all... what do you think about this? thank you. Plus I have a mother and siblings in Nigeria. Can that relate to family ties?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:15pm On Apr 29, 2015
bee4blues:

Thank you. What if I submit a landed property documents in my late father's name, and also get some accreditation letters from my school indicating my integrity and my coming back to finalise my projects and all... what do you think about this? thank you. Plus I have a mother and siblings in Nigeria. Can that relate to family ties?

I don't see any of those serving as strong tie to Nigeria, the landed property is not in your name, letter from the school means nothing as far as this issue is concerned. Honestly you are not in a better position to apply for visiting visa at the moment looking at your financial situation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by donciccio: 7:44pm On Apr 29, 2015
Tranquill:

Please while filling the form online do you have to submit the electronics copy of supporting documents like bank statement, accommodation etc or you only submit the hard copy when you are going for biometrics? Secondly, do you chose the day you want to do your biometrics or it generates authomatically depending on other people in queue? Thanks.

@Tranquill, I'm sincerely sorry for this delay to respond to you, I just didn't see your request and no pop up on my phone.
There's no room for electronic supporting documents submission. so you can only submit your supporting documents in hardcopy when you go for your biometric.
secondly, biometric date is generated automatically with available dates so you can choose from the list of dates and time.
I hope this is not coming late for you bro.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by donciccio: 8:08pm On Apr 29, 2015
Hello guys in the building, I've successfully submitted my supporting documents and completed my biometric today at teleperformance, churchgate tower 2, VI.
I'd my appointment for the afternoon session and it did went well. With good attention from the security guy/babe at the entrance to the guy at the front desk that sighted my documents. I moved upstairs and was cleared by another friendly security guys through the access scanner. Then I proceed to another friendly and pretty lady she viewed my application form and pp before sent to the documents submission room. Here I was attended to by another friendly and interactive lady who finally checked all my documents and filed it in a bag for me. Finally, I was sent to the biometric room and the process was completed with the aid of another friendly lady.
The process was smooth and the place calm too, I guess my timing was right.

Nairalanders, kindly pray and wish me well for favourable and positive outcome.

NB: now I can contribute to some questions relating to this visa application.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:50pm On Apr 29, 2015
donciccio:
Hello guys in the building, I've successfully submitted my supporting documents and completed my biometric today at teleperformance, churchgate tower 2, VI.
I'd my appointment for the afternoon session and it did went well. With good attention from the security guy/babe at the entrance to the guy at the front desk that sighted my documents. I moved upstairs and was cleared by another friendly security guys through the access scanner. Then I proceed to another friendly and pretty lady she viewed my application form and pp before sent to the documents submission room. Here I was attended to by another friendly and interactive lady who finally checked all my documents and filed it in a bag for me. Finally, I was sent to the biometric room and the process was completed with the aid of another friendly lady.
The process was smooth and the place calm too, I guess my timing was right.

Nairalanders, kindly pray and wish me well for favourable and positive outcome

NB: now I can contribute to some questions relating to this visa application.

Good luck, hope it turns out fine.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by initiate: 10:07pm On Apr 29, 2015
Hello

I want to apply for a tourist visa for my self wife and 2 kids.

im a contractor I run my own business. I make about 7 to 8 m yearly but the problem is that my banks statement doesn't reflect this for two reasons. 1 business comes in big chunks intermittently sometimes no income for 4 months. and 2 not all income comes straight to my company account. Please what document would I tender to show I can afford the trip.

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:27am On Apr 30, 2015
bee4blues:
it seems u applied with virgin passport and UK is always hard to apply as a student going on a visiting visa through an invitation , I had my experience some years ago and same was the reply letter I got from the vfs office, my advice is just leave UK applications for now and try and get a travel experience before applying and u as well av a tie either by marriage , land documents, something they will believe u will never want to leave behind.. Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SleekMc: 2:01am On Apr 30, 2015
hi great gurus in the house i really appreciate all the advice given to me in this forum, i got my visa today thanks a lot may God bless you all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 2:07am On Apr 30, 2015
Ralphlauren:

okay. thanks.

when you say ''complete'' documents, what do you mean?

apart from the usual - bank statement, hotel reservation, property docs, etc , is there anything else she needs?

She needs to submit like a first time applicant, I mean all relevant documents should be included e.g. Business registration, tax clearance e.t.c. if she is self-employed. If she works for a company, then include relevant docs
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 2:07am On Apr 30, 2015
SleekMc:
hi great gurus in the house i really appreciate all the advice given to me in this forum, i got my visa today thanks a lot may God bless you all.

Congrats!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 2:14am On Apr 30, 2015
bee4blues:

I second justwise advice, you are not ready yet. I advice you to postpone your decision to apply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 2:19am On Apr 30, 2015
bunita11218:
Hi everyone,I would like to invite my mum to come and visit her grandchild in June but I would need advice on how to go about it.shes 55years and a widow.shes doing little business which she doesn't pay tax on.my question is this;
1.how best can I put the application as she hasn't travelled before.
2.do you reckon I say she's retired in order not to make the application too much or should i say she has a little business she's doing just to show she's coming back home.
3.how best can I demonstrate she will come back home because she has other children in Nigeria and also land in her name.
4.do you reckon I get a sponsor for her in nigeria to pay for flight because myself and my husband are looking to sponsor all the trip.
Please I need a candid advice because I need her to get the visa.
Thank you

She needs a sponsor. If you can sponsor her, please do and put all the relevant required documents for Sponsors. Also show that you are related to her(if you are sponsoring), and include documents that proves she has strong ties in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bee4blues: 2:30am On Apr 30, 2015
adeekiti:
it seems u applied with virgin passport and UK is always hard to apply as a student going on a visiting visa through an invitation , I had my experience some years ago and same was the reply letter I got from the vfs office, my advice is just leave UK applications for now and try and get a travel experience before applying and u as well av a tie either by marriage , land documents, something they will believe u will never want to leave behind.. Good luck

Thank you so much guys. I appreciate all your comments and they all make sense. I will work on myself, thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hercules906: 2:46am On Apr 30, 2015
Dunddy:
guys,

I submitted my application 17th april and got a mail today already (28 april) that a decision has been made on my application.

isn't it rather too fast?

my impression is, the earlier you get a response, the higher the tendencies of refusal. could that be true.

pls whats your takes on this?

regards,

it doesnt matter, my application was processed and i got my passport and visa 8 working days after submission. i'm a first timer too. tho i had a previous refusal the month before...

hope this helps to calm u down... smiley

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hercules906: 3:12am On Apr 30, 2015
hey guys, morning all, you have no idea how many problems get solved here, i got my visa reading and following advices given on this forum. keep up the good job.

i have a concern, in my visa application i stated that i knew no one in the UK, but the truth is i have two brothers, both british citizens. the reason i denied knowing anyone was because we were not in good terms and i went through the application process without involving them.

After getting the visa, my brother called and we kinda settled after some family meetings etc..

problem now is, one of my brothers insists i stay with him for a couple of days and offered to pick me up at the airport.
i should also add that i changed my travel plans as i initially planned to stay for 6 days, but now will be staying for a month.

told him about the issue of not knowing anyone in the UK, but he said it doesnt matter and that i should tell them at the POE that i have 2 brothers.

please guys, what do you think as i initially insisted on sticking with my initial hotel reservation, but its starting to look like i still have grudges and that is why i dont want to stay with him and i dont want to start another family fight....lol

i know there's so much "unnecessary" personal information here, but i just thought i should make you understand my situation.

my question ia would it affect me if i state at the POE that i have brothers having earlier stated in my application form that i dont,
is it true that it doesnt matter as my brother said?

please i need your urgent responses..justwise, vicjustice, worry, everybody..

thanks a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bunita11218: 3:45am On Apr 30, 2015
Please is that all you feel I need to put the application right? Also she has only landed property and I hope that's ok for a strong tie.

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.