Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,991 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982074 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bunita11218: 11:46pm On Apr 30, 2015
justwise:

Can you and your hubby sponsor her?
Yes we can sponsor her but do you think she has a greater chance since she's in her 50s.n she only got land document as a tie do u think that's enough and can she say she's retired?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by naijamum: 12:29am On May 01, 2015
Hello everyone,
pls help, I have a friend who wants to apply for a uk visa for summer holiday and he has a family member there in uk,who gave him IV etc,the confusion is which visa to apply for,a general visit visa or a family visit visa?

thank you so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by whizkidy: 4:24am On May 01, 2015
Hello guys, who knows if the TB certificate is essential for general visitors visa? I returned fron the UK ending of march but waNts to attend my graduation in the summer. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beeflakes: 8:23am On May 01, 2015
Hello peeps,
My sister needs to apply for a Tier 2 general visa and part of the requirements is a proof of English language proficiency which is compulsory. I want to find out if a letter from her grad school here in Nigeria would suffice. I mean if the school confirms that her first degree was taught in English language. Thanks for the prompt response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kd26: 8:24am On May 01, 2015
Hey guys i am very confused... Please help me

I got my uk tier 4 visa recently...the start date of my course is 10 june,2015 and it is private college(but highly trusted sponsor)

The real problem is my visa stamp... In the BRP visa stamp ,observation - allowed to work for 10 hours/week term time. But college says as we are private college yu are not allowed to work , it seems ukba did an error in visa stamp so yu have to inform them by using adminstrative review in 14 days.

But i m very confused what to do because if i go with review they can take 30-40 days to review my application. Anyone know can i inform them after arrival in uk or i have to take review? Please help me if yu have experience or knowledge regarding this problem.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kd26: 8:25am On May 01, 2015
kd26:

I got my uk tier 4 visa recently...the start date of my course is 10 june,2015 and it is private college(but highly trusted sponsor)

The real problem is my visa stamp... In the BRP visa stamp ,observation - allowed to work for 10 hours/week term time. But college says as we are private college yu are not allowed to work , it seems ukba did an error in visa stamp so yu have to inform them by using adminstrative review in 14 days.

But i m very confused what to do because if i go with review they can take 30-40 days to review my application. Anyone know can i inform them after arrival in uk or i have to take review? Please help me if yu have experience or knowledge regarding this problem.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 8:52am On May 01, 2015
kd26:

This has happened to several people recently. DO NOT get in a panic about it. If you did not intend to work then ignore it, don't get stressed trying to change it.
If you do want to work those ten hours, check with your school when you get here.
Don't panic and don't get stressed, it's not important.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:50am On May 01, 2015
initiate:

My company is registered but I don't really pay tax

That might be an issue because it will be difficult to evaluate your business without tax certificate. Knowing if the money for the trip is coming from your net profit or gross is important
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:52am On May 01, 2015
kd26:

worry357 is right, don't bother about it if you don't plan to work in the UK. Your visa is still valid with or without the 10hrs work comment on your visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Adecephas(m): 10:53am On May 01, 2015
Good morning house. I have a family travelling to the UK this summer for 2 weeks. It's going to be their first time. How do they apply for their visas?
Father, Mother and 2 children (7 & 10 years).
I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:53am On May 01, 2015
beeflakes:
Hello peeps,
My sister needs to apply for a Tier 2 general visa and part of the requirements is a proof of English language proficiency which is compulsory. I want to find out if a letter from her grad school here in Nigeria would suffice. I mean if the school confirms that her first degree was taught in English language. Thanks for the prompt response.

That will help since your sister has a degree.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:53am On May 01, 2015
whizkidy:
Hello guys, who knows if the TB certificate is essential for general visitors visa? I returned fron the UK ending of march but waNts to attend my graduation in the summer. Thanks

No its not.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:55am On May 01, 2015
naijamum:
Hello everyone,
pls help, I have a friend who wants to apply for a uk visa for summer holiday and he has a family member there in uk,who gave him IV etc,the confusion is which visa to apply for,a general visit visa or a family visit visa?

thank you so much

Blood family member...brother/sister or uncle, aunt etc?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 10:56am On May 01, 2015
whizkidy:
TB cert is not a requirement for applicants going on visit to UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by whizkidy: 12:26pm On May 01, 2015
justwise:

No its not.
ok thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by whizkidy: 12:28pm On May 01, 2015
travelland:

TB cert is not a requirement for applicants going on visit to UK
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beeflakes: 2:23pm On May 01, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

That will help since your sister has a degree.

Thanks a lot. Does that mean she doesn't have to bother with IELTS or sending her transcript to UK NARIC?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:58pm On May 01, 2015
beeflakes:

Thanks a lot. Does that mean she doesn't have to bother with IELTS or sending her transcript to UK NARIC?

She should do that so as to get an official approval
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rochf10: 8:39pm On May 01, 2015
Hello there. We were just refused entry to the UK due to an explained lump sum amount deposited one month prior to application. We want to immediately reapply with the explanation that said amount was through cash paid by a friend who borrowed money from me (this is true by the way). She is willing to sign a letter certifying such. Should this suffice and be accepted the EVO. Would highly appreciate your thoughts on this. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 6:42am On May 02, 2015
rochf10:
Hello there. We were just refused entry to the UK due to an explained lump sum amount deposited one month prior to application. We want to immediately reapply with the explanation that said amount was through cash paid by a friend who borrowed money from me (this is true by the way). She is willing to sign a letter certifying such. Should this suffice and be accepted the EVO. Would highly appreciate your thoughts on this. Thanks

You would be better waiting three months. Applying too quickly makes you look despatate, which is a red flag.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rochf10: 7:34am On May 02, 2015
Thank you for your reply. We wanted to apply immediately to refute the ECO's claim that money lodged was invalid and also for the resason that even without the lump sum, I would still have sufficient funds. Will my friend's letter be proof enough? Also, because we are a group of 10 and the other 8 have all received their visas and we are supposed to leave this July. Thanks again!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mrflow1: 7:54am On May 02, 2015
Gd day my people,

E Don happen o. Serious gobe. Pls I need urgent advise.

I applied for general visit visa-2 years for my family and I. We have made payment and appointment is Monday 4th May. I just discovered dat on my own application, under d question are u travelling with anyone? I put only my wife's detail and omitted my 2 children details. This error didn't appear on the 3 other applications. And on every other part I put details and cost for d family and said I will sponsor d trip.

How can I correct dis mistake and what's d implication?

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hercules906: 10:06am On May 02, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

No, visiting visa for first time applicants is always 6months multiple entry whether you are going to spend a day or one month. They did not give you 6months to go and stay as long as you want only if you are a millionaire with unlimited budget, student on summer holiday or a retired pensioner going to see his or her grand kids.

Of course you are allowed to change your travel plan but moving from 6days to one month + your brother issue will be a red flag in your next visa application.

Thanks a lot justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by naijamum: 10:35am On May 02, 2015
justwise:

Blood family member...brother/sister or uncle, aunt etc?

Thanks Justwise,
My friend is a guy and it his blood sister that is in the uk and her husband is a british citizen.
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:03pm On May 02, 2015
rochf10:

Did she withdrew the money from her account and lend to her friend?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:05pm On May 02, 2015
mrflow1:
Gd day my people,

E Don happen o. Serious gobe. Pls I need urgent advise.

I applied for general visit visa-2 years for my family and I. We have made payment and appointment is Monday 4th May. I just discovered dat on my own application, under d question are u travelling with anyone? I put only my wife's detail and omitted my 2 children details. This error didn't appear on the 3 other applications. And on every other part I put details and cost for d family and said I will sponsor d trip.

How can I correct dis mistake and what's d implication?

Thank you

You can make the correction on the paper form or a note attached correcting the mistake
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rochf10: 12:45pm On May 02, 2015
Yes I did. I withdrew the amount last December and loaned it to my friend with a verbal agreement that she would return said amount once her personal bank loan was approved. She received her loan thru bank last March and thus, I deposited said cash amount in my savings account. It is clear from my friend's statement that she received her loan and only deposited half to her own account as the rest was as payment to me. How do we clearly explain this to the ECO? Many thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:08pm On May 02, 2015
rochf10:
Yes I did. I withdrew the amount last December and loaned it to my friend with a verbal agreement that she would return said amount once her personal bank loan was approved. She received her loan thru bank last March and thus, I deposited said cash amount in my savings account. It is clear from my friend's statement that she received her loan and only deposited half to her own account as the rest was as payment to me. How do we clearly explain this to the ECO? Many thanks.

Then it's easy to explain. If you are reapplying submit the bank statement marking the date you withdrew the money and lend to your friend and the date the money was repaid back into your account. Do that with very brief explanation pointing out those two dates.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rochf10: 3:42pm On May 02, 2015
Thanks justwise for the input. One last question though, in your opinion, should I go with the immediate reapplication? Or is it better to wait another 6 months? But then again my friends are leaving mid July. Do I still need to submit signed letter from my friend?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:11pm On May 02, 2015
rochf10:
Thanks justwise for the input. One last question though, in your opinion, should I go with the immediate reapplication? Or is it better to wait another 6 months? But then again my friends are leaving mid July. Do I still need to submit signed letter from my friend?

If that was the only reason for the refusal then you can correct the mistake and reapply anytime you are ready. I'm not sure if letter from your friend will make any difference but you can still give it a try.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by damkanlinsin(m): 9:07pm On May 02, 2015
pls I need Ur help in dis room I applied in year 2012 to UK embassy but I was refuse becos de said I did not show any sources of fund that all de said and now I want to reaply to UK again I don't know if I would be given the visa and I eared there process is different again form the past pls I need more explanation before I proceed to apply thank for any reply and advice given thanks a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Lexusgs430: 10:34pm On May 02, 2015
damkanlinsin:
pls I need Ur help in dis room I applied in year 2012 to UK embassy but I was refuse becos de said I did not show any sources of fund that all de said and now I want to reaply to UK again I don't know if I would be given the visa and I eared there process is different again form the past pls I need more explanation before I proceed to apply thank for any reply and advice given thanks a lot

Are all your documentations for applications in order? What documents fo you presently have organised?

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.