Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,437 members, 7,853,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:01 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (986556 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 13, 2015
silkyhair:

Thanks worry, so what is your advise for me? Should I go ahead?
Please anyone in the house that has experience this before or know somEone who has, please shed light into this situation!
You will be refused.
You exceeded visa terms which say 180days max.
In fact for further clarification that 180days max is within a 12month period.

It was a risk you took so

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ekamavictor(m): 3:15pm On Jun 13, 2015
Hi, I'd like for you to clarify and giv me information.
My wifes dad is a uk citizen, does it giv her any advantage if she travels to uk + can she become a citizen of the uk by beign the daughter?.
I'd appreciate your answers Bosses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:35pm On Jun 13, 2015
ekamavictor:
Hi, I'd like for you to clarify and giv me information.
My wifes dad is a uk citizen, does it giv her any advantage if she travels to uk + can she become a citizen of the uk by beign the daughter?.
I'd appreciate your answers Bosses.

Not really. He should have done that when she was younger and depending on him for everything. As an adult and married is going to be a tough task.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ekamavictor(m): 4:22pm On Jun 13, 2015
justwise:

Not really. He should have done that when she was younger and depending on him for everything. As an adult and married is going to be a tough task.

Thanks for your swift response.
What can be done about it now?
Is there anythin? If there is pls tell me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 4:27pm On Jun 13, 2015
ekamavictor:

Thanks for your swift response.
What can be done about it now?
Is there anythin? If there is pls tell me.

Anyone here is only guessing
(and you have only told a tiny part of the story.)
YOU or her must look at the UK immigration website then contact them direct and state the case.
https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-citizen/check-if-you-can-apply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jennytbell: 8:06pm On Jun 13, 2015
Good evening house, trust you all had a nice day.

Please I have some question I want to ask before I apply for my uk visa

1. My host in UK is on maternity leave without pay though she will only be accommodating as I am sponsoring myself for the trip, will this affect my getting the visa?

2. I was denied a visa to UK in December last year because the VO or EO said that some fund came into my account without any adequate information on the source. Is it okay that I reapply this june.

3. I earn 124k monthly plus other quarterly allowances and I budget 750k for my trip. Does it sound right? My total annual package is 2.9million

Please I will appreciate your sincere advice. I don't want to be denied visa again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Btruth: 10:47am On Jun 14, 2015
jennytbell:
Good evening house, trust you all had a nice day.

Please I have some question I want to ask before I apply for my uk visa

1. My host in UK is on maternity leave without pay though she will only be accommodating as I am sponsoring myself for the trip, will this affect my getting the visa?

2. I was denied a visa to UK in December last year because the VO or EO said that some fund came into my account without any adequate information on the source. Is it okay that I reapply this june.

3. I earn 124k monthly plus other quarterly allowances and I budget 750k for my trip. Does it sound right? My total annual package is 2.9million

Please I will appreciate your sincere advice. I don't want to be denied visa again.
I think you are good to go, but wouldn't be better if you apply for an hotel accommodation? And what is your relationship with maternity lady? Everything depends on luck sha, just that you can never predict the British consulate in their decision making. I wish you good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hoomogh(m): 2:31pm On Jun 14, 2015
justwise:

What is your salary range now?
@ Justwise: I earn 2.5m annual salary. I am re-applying soon, but want to get a Benin republic or Ghana entry stamp to show as travel history, my application got reasonable funds aside my salary account, hotel accommodation intact, pay slips, reference from my employer. Is the travel history necessary? What do you think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:18pm On Jun 14, 2015
hoomogh:
@ Justwise: I earn 2.5m annual salary. I am re-applying soon, but want to get a Benin republic or Ghana entry stamp to show as travel history, my application got reasonable funds aside my salary account, hotel accommodation intact, pay slips, reference from my employer. Is the travel history necessary? What do you think?

That is waste of time and money, stamp from those countries are useless and will not help your application one bit

Your salary is good and if you have payslips and salary account to proof that you earn that much then your chances of getting a visa is high.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hajj123(m): 5:05pm On Jun 14, 2015
Hi justwise,
How you doing today?happy weekend to you
and your family.I really give you a lot kudos for the good work that you have been doing about
enlighten people on UK visa,more Greece to your
elbow.pls I just came back from Dubai UAE where I spent like 1yrs and 4month working with a company on their residence visa,but I cancel the visa and came back to Nigeria in March 3rd,2015.Now I want to apply for UK visit visa but I have not been putting money in my account
while I was in Dubai. So when I asked an agent if I can run my account for like 2months and
back up it with sponsor account, then he said
yes they will give me the visa,now I have run the account for 2months and 20days then my
total balance in the account is #244,000 Naira
only when I print out the statements of my account.pls I want to know if the UAE residence
can help in anyway and I also have Iran visa on
my passport also,hope UK don't have any issues with Iran? .pls what is my chance on getting
the visa?and I hope the money in my account is
not too Small?pls help me out.thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2015
hajj123:
Hi justwise,
How you doing today?happy weekend to you
and your family.I really give you a lot kudos for the good work that you have been doing about
enlighten people on UK visa,more Greece to your
elbow.pls I just came back from Dubai UAE where I spent like 1yrs and 4month working with a company on their residence visa,but I cancel the visa and came back to Nigeria in March 3rd,2015.Now I want to apply for UK visit visa but I have not been putting money in my account
while I was in Dubai. So when I asked an agent if I can run my account for like 2months and
back up it with sponsor account, then he said
yes they will give me the visa,now I have run the account for 2months and 20days then my
total balance in the account is #244,000 Naira
only when I print out the statements of my account.pls I want to know if the UAE residence
can help in anyway and I also have Iran visa on
my passport also,hope UK don't have any issues with Iran? .pls what is my chance on getting
the visa?and I hope the money in my account is
not too Small?pls help me out.thanks

Are you working or running your own business in Nigeria now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hajj123(m): 5:20pm On Jun 14, 2015
I running a little business now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:37pm On Jun 14, 2015
hajj123:
I running a little business now

I have to be honest with you....getting a visa will be almost impossible. All the 24400K will not be enough to take care of flight ticket and accommodation and you will be left with nothing in Nigeria to fall back to.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hajj123(m): 5:45pm On Jun 14, 2015
I have sponsor that want to help with some money and also he want to give me his account statement to back up my documents. so can it work out that way?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 14, 2015
Good Evening Oga Justwise and co.

Still on defending other source of cash inflow on salary accounts.

Here's my question:

To avoid the offence of "Money "Lodgement" which could lead to refusal. How can one defend or explain in writing/document cash gotten from "group monthly contibution" locally known as (ajo) that are mostly without receipts to VOs?

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jennytbell: 6:51pm On Jun 14, 2015
Btruth:
I think you are good to go, but wouldn't be better if you apply for an hotel accommodation? And what is your relationship with maternity lady? Everything depends on luck sha, just that you can never predict the British consulate in their decision making. I wish you good luck.
. If I am to apply using hotel accommodation won't it affect the amount I budget for the trip? Also the maternity lady is a family friend and also must I submit her bank statement?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:32pm On Jun 14, 2015
hajj123:
I have sponsor that want to help with some money and also he want to give me his account statement to back up my documents. so can it work out that way?

You are only indirectly telling the ECO that you will not come back if given a visa. The sponsorship thing will not work because you will be unable to explain why he is sponsoring you for holiday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:36pm On Jun 14, 2015
Opluses:
Good Evening Oga Justwise and co.

Still on defending other source of cash inflow on salary accounts.

Here's my question:

To avoid the offence of "Money "Lodgement" which could lead to refusal. How can one defend or explain in writing/document cash gotten from "group monthly contibution" locally known as (ajo) that are mostly without receipts to VOs?

Thanks in anticiation.

You can only try to explain it as much as you because there is no other way to backup such money with paper evidence since there is no receipt

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Btruth: 7:50pm On Jun 14, 2015
jennytbell:
. If I am to apply using hotel accommodation won't it affect the amount I budget for the trip? Also the maternity lady is a family friend and also must I submit her bank statement?
is she the one giving you an invitation? If she the one giving you the invitation letter, then you will need her bank statement, prove of address (as in bills, e.g, BT bills, Sky bills, Electricity bills) and the data page of her passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hajj123(m): 8:13pm On Jun 14, 2015
thanks but I have put in for it,pls what can I do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hoomogh(m): 8:55pm On Jun 14, 2015
justwise:

That is waste of time and money, stamp from those countries are useless and will not help your application one bit

Your salary is good and if you have payslips and salary account to proof that you earn that much then your chances of getting a visa is high.

You have a point, but it was stated during my first refusal that I have never met the travel conditions of any other country( travel history). One of the reasons why I was refused, Jan 2015.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bhmng: 12:05am On Jun 15, 2015
Pls, does anybody knw if i can change the appointment date if i find a better one?? There are no dates available so i just want to accept and go. /he VI branch
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:44am On Jun 15, 2015
hoomogh:
You have a point, but it was stated during my first refusal that I have never met the travel conditions of any other country( travel history). One of the reasons why I was refused, Jan 2015.

Yes but that does not mean getting visa stamp of countries like Benin republic or Ghana. They are referring to countries like SA, Canada, France, Germany etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hoomogh(m): 10:20am On Jun 15, 2015
justwise:

Yes but that does not mean getting visa stamp of countries like Benin republic or Ghana. They are referring to countries like SA, Canada, France, Germany etc
so in this regard, is it advisable I get it stamped from any of these countries, or its not necessarily important ? Just wanna be sure
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hoomogh(m): 10:51am On Jun 15, 2015
justwise:

so in this regard, is it advisable I get it stamped from any of these countries, or its not necessarily important ? Just wanna be sure
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hoomogh(m): 10:51am On Jun 15, 2015
justwise:

so in this regard, is it advisable I get it stamped from any of these countries, or its not necessarily important ? Just want to be sure
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:49am On Jun 15, 2015
hoomogh:

Its not important...that is like running away from your own shadow, you will still have to meet visa requirements which is more important that travel history. There is always a first time for every frequent traveler. Concentrate on meeting the visa requirements.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shemy: 4:06pm On Jun 15, 2015
Pleae, i mistakenly applied for academic visitor, how do i change it to general visitor type.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ekpotek: 4:55pm On Jun 15, 2015
shemy:
Pleae, i mistakenly applied for academic visitor, how do i change it to general visitor type.

If you have not yet submitted the form online. Quit and delete it and start all over again. You application will be refused if you applied in the wrong visa category.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tunnath: 5:34pm On Jun 15, 2015
Hello house, please what are the document that I need for UK visit visa And how many month for the processing? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.