Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,297 members, 7,853,381 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:32 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (986486 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hoomogh(m): 7:28pm On Jun 15, 2015
justwise:

Its not important...that is like running away from your own shadow, you will still have to meet visa requirements which is more important that travel history. There is always a first time for every frequent traveler. Concentrate on meeting the visa requirements.
thanks for the eye opening information. I pray to return here with good news.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bhmng: 9:25pm On Jun 15, 2015
Am i the only one struggling to get an appointment date in VI
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:42am On Jun 16, 2015
Good morning Oga Justwise and Co,

Kindly help answer this unclear question please.

I have two sponsors(couple), both of them are willing to tender their statement of accounts including an invitation letter. In my salary account, I have about 850k, and my sponsors are willing to take care of my accommodation, feeding, train, shopping, and every other things aside my flight ticket.

Now my question is, would there be any issue if my personal budget is as low as £700 which could be my Plane Ticket?

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Blessed2015: 7:35am On Jun 16, 2015
Good morning,

We were approved for a fiancé visa and getting married in November 2015. My fiancée sponsored me his a UK citizen. We are planning to invite at least 6 family members to attend our wedding. please advise on what we can provide to sponsor their applocation. Visa clarification is it family or visitor visa. Any pointers will be highly appreciated. God bless you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ekpotek: 10:44am On Jun 16, 2015
I
Opluses:

I have two sponsors(couple), both of them are willing to tender their statement of accounts including an invitation letter. In my salary account, I have about 850k, and my sponsors are willing to take care of my accommodation, feeding, train, shopping, and every other things aside my flight ticket.

Now my question is, would there be any issue if my personal budget is as low as £700 which could be my Plane Ticket?

Thanks in anticipation.
If your host is providing accommodation. They need to send you their Morgage Bill, utility bill, copy of their passport data page with clear evidence of their immigration status in the UK.! A letter of invite clearly stating that they will accommodate and provide fteeding for the duration of your stay. On your part, you provide your bank statement, and other docs to proof you tie to Nigeria, this may be letter from employer, marriage certificate etc. Yes cost to you would be flight ticket. Use the additional information section to clearly state your relationship with your host and why they have decided to invite you. Hope this would help.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 16, 2015
ekpotek:
I
If your host is providing accommodation. They need to send you their Morgage Bill, utility bill, copy of their passport data page with clear evidence of their immigration status in the UK.! A letter of invite clearly stating that they will accommodate and provide fteeding for the duration of your stay. On your part, you provide your bank statement, and other docs to proof you tie to Nigeria, this may be letter from employer, marriage certificate etc. Yes cost to you would be flight ticket. Use the additional information section to clearly state your relationship with your host and why they have decided to invite you. Hope this would help.

Thank you for the info. This really help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:05pm On Jun 16, 2015
Opluses:

Thanks in anticipation.

What is your actual salary range?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
Blessed2015:
Good morning,

We were approved for a fiancé visa and getting married in November 2015. My fiancée sponsored me his a UK citizen. We are planning to invite at least 6 family members to attend our wedding. please advise on what we can provide to sponsor their applocation. Visa clarification is it family or visitor visa. Any pointers will be highly appreciated. God bless you.

Are those 6 family members working in Nigeria or running their own businesses?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 16, 2015
justwise:

What is your actual salary range?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by eniayooke: 1:11pm On Jun 16, 2015
Hello guys,

In defending other monies in my account,

Do i write it on an additional piece of paper or make the comments on my statement of account as the space provided for additional info won't be enough?

Also do i need to add receipts of this transactions like print out of online transfer.

I will also like to know the validity of an Introduction/Invitation letter.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by classichique: 1:28pm On Jun 16, 2015
Hello Justwise,

my husband and i want to renew our UK visa. we went for olympics in 2012 and got a 6months visa then. Now we want to apply for 2years.

i have the following questions.

1. we intend to stay in the UK for only 3 to 4days, would it not be some how to apply for 2 years but write in the form that we want to stay for only 3days?

2. We dont have any body to send us invitation letters, so we want to apply saying we are going to stay in a hotel, how do we go about the hotel reservation?

can we use a hotel reservation, where we are expected to pay on arrival for the visa application?

someone told me that this might not work and advised me to do a dummy booking, where he's asking me to pay 15k which he claims will be paid to the hotel and is non-refundable.

3. my husband has about 1.5M in his account buy has no steady flow of money (he doesnt earn salary every month) i have about 1.4M and have my salary hitting my account every month. hope my husband's account wont spoil our chances
His coy pays in cash alot of times, so his pay slip doesnt tally with his cash inflow.

What do you advise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 1:36pm On Jun 16, 2015
classichique:

1. we intend to stay in the UK for only 3 to 4days, would it not be some how to apply for 2 years but write in the form that we want to stay for only 3days?
can we use a hotel reservation, where we are expected to pay on arrival for the visa application?
What do you advise

3 to 4 days stay is a short time so be ready to explain what you want to do.
Why are you spending all that money to travel for a few days?

You can book a hotel online without a deposit.
What you must check is that the booking remains valid for your interview and point of entry.
Some hotels cancel the booking if nou contacted or pait within a certain time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by classichique: 1:39pm On Jun 16, 2015
Thanks, we are actually travelling to the US and want to sleep over some days in the UK. how do i explain what we want to do? in the form?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by eniayooke: 1:41pm On Jun 16, 2015
@justwise @worry357 @anyone who has answers

Hello guys,

Do i write it on an additional piece of paper or make the comments on my statement of account as the space provided for additional info won't be enough?

Also do i need to add receipts of this transactions like print out of online transfer.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 1:42pm On Jun 16, 2015
classichique:
Thanks, we are actually travelling to the US and want to sleep over some days in the UK. how do i explain what we want to do? in the form?

Just tell the truth.
A stop over and sightseeing. Research some sites to visit and memorise details.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by classichique: 1:45pm On Jun 16, 2015
we just want to use our US travel as an oppurtunity to renew our UK visa and visit the UK for vacation. since we can only get leave once in a year.

what about my husband's inflow issue?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:57pm On Jun 16, 2015
Opluses:

Your salary may be an issue because ticket alone will take more than 2months of your salary. Give it a go the ECO may see things differently since your accommodation and other things are taken care of by your host

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:00pm On Jun 16, 2015
eniayooke:
Hello guys,

Thank you.

1. You can use the space provided in the form, if that is not enough then use separate paper.

2. You can add those receipt to support your application

3. How old is the IV?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
classichique:
Hello Justwise,

my husband and i want to renew our UK visa. we went for olympics in 2012 and got a 6months visa then. Now we want to apply for 2years.

i have the following questions.

2. We dont have any body to send us invitation letters, so we want to apply saying we are going to stay in a hotel, how do we go about the hotel reservation?

someone told me that this might not work and advised me to do a dummy booking, where he's asking me to pay 15k which he claims will be paid to the hotel and is non-refundable.

3. my husband has about 1.5M in his account buy has no steady flow of money (he doesnt earn salary every month) i have about 1.4M and have my salary hitting my account every month. hope my husband's account wont spoil our chances
His coy pays in cash alot of times, so his pay slip doesnt tally with his cash inflow.

What do you advise

1. 2 yrs application is ok, it doesn't matter how long you are going to stay.

2. Hotel booking is perfectly ok, search for hotel in the city you are visiting and book directly from the hotel website or use booking.com website to book.
Yes you can use hotel reservation and pay on the arrival if the hotel policy permits.

Please don't make any dummy booking, make real booking, many hotels will not charge you upfront.

3. Your husband can use the additional info space in the form to explain his payment system and how salary comes into his account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:08pm On Jun 16, 2015
classichique:

Do you have US visa already?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by classichique: 2:20pm On Jun 16, 2015
Yes we have a valid US visa already

What about how to go about d UK application? Do we have to pay d visa fee first den upload d forms, book appointment? Or what is d correct flow please ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by eniayooke: 2:36pm On Jun 16, 2015
Ok. thank you,

the invitation letter is dated 11may
intro letter from company is dated 12 may

Thank you.

justwise:

1. You can use the space provided in the form, if that is not enough then use separate paper.

2. You can add those receipt to support your application

3. How old is the IV?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:44pm On Jun 16, 2015
eniayooke:
Ok. thank you,

the invitation letter is dated 11may
intro letter from company is dated 12 may

Thank you.

IV is still ok to use, was the intro letter for leave? If yes when are you supposed to start the leave?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:46pm On Jun 16, 2015
classichique:
Yes we have a valid US visa already

What about how to go about d UK application? Do we have to pay d visa fee first den upload d forms, book appointment? Or what is d correct flow please ?

Since you have US visa already then no problem.

UK visa application is done online now, payment is also done online after completing the form.

You will be given an appointment date after payment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by eniayooke: 3:40pm On Jun 16, 2015
the intro letter does not carry my leave period

i have a leave letter dated 3rd to 18th august 2015.

justwise:

IV is still ok to use, was the intro letter for leave? If yes when are you supposed to start the leave?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ekpotek: 5:09pm On Jun 16, 2015
Opluses:

This is okay, so far your are honest with your bank statement. Use the additional information section to explain the inflow in your account which you stated is 850K. If there is any bulk cash lodgement, explain it in details here to ECO. Good luck

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 16, 2015
ekpotek:

This is okay, so far your are honest with your bank statement. Use the additional information section to explain the inflow in your account which you stated is 850K. If there is any bulk cash lodgement, explain it in details here to ECO. Good luck

Thank you once again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Blessed2015: 5:49pm On Jun 16, 2015
justwise:

Are those 6 family members working in Nigeria or running their own businesses?

3 are working full time, 2 are doing business and 1 is unemployed. Which visa will they use family or visitor.since my fiancé sponsored me, will he be able to sponsor them and how is the best way to apply. Your help will be highly appreciated and many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by classichique: 6:21pm On Jun 16, 2015
Please the part that asks 'what will u do in the uk'should I just mention d tourist places we intend to visit or should we actually book planned tours 4 d purpose of submitting this application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:20pm On Jun 16, 2015
Blessed2015:

3 are working full time, 2 are doing business and 1 is unemployed. Which visa will they use family or visitor.since my fiancé sponsored me, will he be able to sponsor them and how is the best way to apply. Your help will be highly appreciated and many thanks

They will apply for standard visa which covers all other types of visas including family visa.

Your fiancé can sponsor them if he can comfortably afford it else they have to sponsor themselves and proof to the ECO that they have the money for the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:22pm On Jun 16, 2015
classichique:
Please the part that asks 'what will u do in the uk' should I just mention d tourist places we intend to visit or should we actually book planned tours 4 d purpose of submitting this application?

Yes that is all you need to do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.