Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983040 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Missdodo: 10:05am On Jul 04, 2015
Hello all, I have an observation. I noticed that when i filled my form and stated that I had someone else paying for my trip, the follow up question was simply how much?!. but a colleague filled the same form and rather than the "how much" question, got questions like your relationship with the sponsor and why sponsor chose to sponsor your trip.

please why this discrepancy @ justwise n all.

thanks a bunch.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 10:14am On Jul 04, 2015
Thanks @missdodo.

I will get the leave letter @justwise

House, please who applied at the Ikeja centre. I heard its one week coz August is already here, I need to get the visa soonest so it can fall within d leave period am abt to pick. A couple of ppl said they applied at Ikeja, make una come out ooo grin grin exist silent mode mbok.

Justwise I will submit my application on Monday or Tuesday, Ikeja. VI takes 3 weeks, no time for that delay undecided
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Successpro: 11:53am On Jul 04, 2015
Please do I need Travel Insurance for the UK tourist visa.The whole family is travelling.@Justwise please assist. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2015
Missdodo:
Hello all, I have an observation. I noticed that when i filled my form and stated that I had someone else paying for my trip, the follow up question was simply how much?!. but a colleague filled the same form and rather than the "how much" question, got questions like your relationship with the sponsor and why sponsor chose to sponsor your trip.

please why this discrepancy @ justwise n all.

thanks a bunch.

To be honest that is new to me, i guess the system is designed like that so as to avoid people giving a uniform answer for the same question.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:08pm On Jul 04, 2015
Successpro:
Please do I need Travel Insurance for the UK tourist visa.The whole family is travelling.@Justwise please assist. Thanks.

Insurance is optional, you will not be penalized for not having one. You can apply for visa without one.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 12:33pm On Jul 04, 2015
Justwise, wch one is Travel insurance oooo. Make dem no deny me d 2nd time. Do I need this b4 I re-apply for visa or jus during flight ticket purchase?

justwise:

Insurance is optional, you will not be penalized for not having one. You can apply for visa without one.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:35pm On Jul 04, 2015
justwise:

I have to correct that ^^
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Motun123(f): 12:58pm On Jul 04, 2015
thanks for your response justwise. please hoe do i explain to them that my fiance did not invite me the last time? considering the fact that i told them i did not know anyone in uk when i applied last year. i need to know how this can be explained to them. I have printed out my payslip like i did last year when i applied. explain how i did not tell them last year i knew my fiance. please I sent you a DM yesterday as well, kindly respond. thank you

justwise:

Yes your fiancé can invite you and include his bank statement, payslip and proof of accommodation.
You need to submit your salary account, payslip, employment letter and leave letter. If you have pictures of you and your fiancé submit that as well.
If there is any payment into your salary account other than the salary you need to explain the source.
Add any property or investment evidence you have
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:19pm On Jul 04, 2015
Motun123:

thanks for your response justwise. please hoe do i explain to them that my fiance did not invite me the last time? considering the fact that i told them i did not know anyone in uk when i applied last year. i need to know how this can be explained to them. I have printed out my payslip like i did last year when i applied. explain how i did not tell them last year i knew my fiance. please I sent you a DM yesterday as well, kindly respond. thank you

That depends on when you started dating or when the relationship got serious
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Motun123(f): 1:39pm On Jul 04, 2015
thanks for your response. it got so serious even before i applied last year, but i was just scared to nclude him in my last application cos I thought they would think I want to go and meet him and not return back to Nig. This led me to thinking of how it will be explained in a way they would understand, now that we resulted to him inviting me.

justwise:

That depends on when you started dating or when the relationship got serious
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Successpro: 1:56pm On Jul 04, 2015
Thanks @ justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Missdodo: 2:21pm On Jul 04, 2015
justwise:

To be honest that is new to me, i guess the system is designed like that so as to avoid people giving a uniform answer for the same question.

okay makes sense. thanks a bunch
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Successpro: 4:26pm On Jul 04, 2015
Pls my planned visit to the UK will be in December, but I want to start planning early. I have just booked flight and for a hotel for the 17 daysDecember holidays .I also want to apply for 6 months visa now.Is it too early? I will want it to run from December to June 2016. Please is it too early to apply now? Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 04, 2015
Successpro:
Pls my planned visit to the UK will be in December, but I want to start planning early. I have just booked flight and for a hotel for the 17 daysDecember holidays .I also want to apply for 6 months visa now.Is it too early? I will want it to run from December to June 2016. Please is it too early to apply now? Thanks.

You booked and paid for a flight in December now?

Its too early!!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zaenab: 6:54am On Jul 05, 2015
Justwise, please help respond to my post.

zaenab:
We intend staying for 10 days

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kunle16: 7:25am On Jul 05, 2015
Hi justwise

One can apply outside the UK . Please how do I pay for the Nhs health surcharge. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:43am On Jul 05, 2015
kunle16:

Hi justwise

One can apply outside the UK . Please how do I pay for the Nhs health surcharge. Thanks

You will get that info on their website or the application page
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:47am On Jul 05, 2015
zaenab:
We intend staying for 10 days

You can give it ago if your daddy can comfortably afford it and you can present evidence to support that, you also need to submit your own bank statement/payslip and employment evidence then explain why your daddy is sponsoring you and your kid.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 8:12am On Jul 05, 2015
Justwise, you are yet to respond to my mail.

Is It ok to have 2 T-bills running in one account in one Bank? Coz I hv to put the 2 certificates for them and another cert for the investment running in Bank B making it 3 certificates in all

justwise:

You can give it ago if your daddy can comfortably afford it and you can present evidence to support that, you also need to submit your own bank statement/payslip and employment evidence then explain why your daddy is sponsoring you and your kid.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:32am On Jul 05, 2015
OGreene:
Justwise, you are yet to respond to my mail.

Is It ok to have 2 T-bills running in one account in one Bank? Coz I hv to put the 2 certificates for them and another cert for the investment running in Bank B making it 3 certificates in all

If that is allowed within the banking system then i don't see the problem as its nothing illegal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 10:06am On Jul 05, 2015
Ose! wink

justwise:

If that is allowed within the banking system then i don't see the problem as its nothing illegal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 10:43am On Jul 05, 2015
Hello, Please can someone recommend a good hotel for me in Central London? If I am coming in for tourism, must I stay in Central London or there are other areas I can stay in, I heard Central London is very expensive.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 10:54am On Jul 05, 2015
I plan to spend 10 days in the UK, about 6 days in London and 3 days to go up north to Leeds or Manchester. Please how do I go about the hotel reservation? Should I book them differently or book everything for London and them split it when I get there? Am asking bcoz people said the ECO will ask about hotel accommodation and co.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 11:18am On Jul 05, 2015
For my 10 days visit, I want to fill in:

1) Amount I spend each month on living cost - 200pounds
2) Total monthly income given to family members - 60
3) Cost of trip to me personally - 1500
4) Amount I hv for the trip - 2000
5) Cost of plane, boat, train tickets - 800
6) Cost of Accommodation - 500
7) Cost of living expenses - 200

Justwise and co, does this make sense. I don't want them picking on something trivial pertaining to my finances. I earn like 240k a month. Account balances + FD investments total a little over 2M.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by everzingoo: 12:44pm On Jul 05, 2015
@Justwise,I PM,ed you.Please have a look and reply me if you are not too busy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by teegirl2810: 1:04am On Jul 06, 2015
Hi everyone...twale justwise...
Pls how much is the application fee for a 10years visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 6:36am On Jul 06, 2015
Successpro:

Hello, Travel insurance is optional for UK visa application, it's not one of the compulsory requirements.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 6:39am On Jul 06, 2015
OGreene:
For my 10 days visit, I want to fill in:

1) Amount I spend each month on living cost - 200pounds
2) Total monthly income given to family members - 60
3) Cost of trip to me personally - 1500
4) Amount I hv for the trip - 2000
5) Cost of plane, boat, train tickets - 800
6) Cost of Accommodation - 500
7) Cost of living expenses - 200

Justwise and co, does this make sense. I don't want them picking on something trivial pertaining to my finances. I earn like 240k a month. Account balances + FD investments total a little over 2M.

Hello, as long as you know that you have the money in your account to meet up with these expenses, it is OK.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 6:42am On Jul 06, 2015
OGreene:
I plan to spend 10 days in the UK, about 6 days in London and 3 days to go up north to Leeds or Manchester. Please how do I go about the hotel reservation? Should I book them differently or book everything for London and them split it when I get there? Am asking bcoz people said the ECO will ask about hotel accommodation and co.

Hello, book the two, it gives more evidence to your planned Itinerary. Most people only state the initial place they will be staying that is why they book one reservation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 6:48am On Jul 06, 2015
OGreene:
Hello, Please can someone recommend a good hotel for me in Central London? If I am coming in for tourism, must I stay in Central London or there are other areas I can stay in, I heard Central London is very expensive.

Hello, the heart of any major city is always more expensive than other areas, but you save on transportation eventually because most of the major tourist attractions are within walking distance. However, you can look for hotels that are about 10 to 15 minutes drive from central London by train, they will surely be cheaper
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 6:53am On Jul 06, 2015
Successpro:

Hello, like justwise said it is too early to apply now, but planning well ahead is very good. Apply about a month to your intended travel date.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by travelland(f): 7:01am On Jul 06, 2015
mizbee:

OGreene, sorry for d refusal. Mine too was processed in Sheffiled after waiting for dis whole weeks that was how i got a surprise refusal pack too yesterday with all d document i submitted. The reason given was just so unbelivable dat d money stated as my income does not reflect on my bank statement. Dat was d only reason ooo wit all d supporting document i sent. Na my invitee go take care of d feeding and accommodating mine is just to pay for my flight which is just small change to d balance in my account. Its really annoying and frustrating. embarassed cry

Refusals can be frustrating like you said, sorry about this. But your account balance which you stated in another post is okay. Unfortunately they may not have thought you were convincing enough, hence the refusal. Is this your first time of applying?

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.