Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (349) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (981976 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DAVEZONIGLTD: 10:35pm On Jul 02, 2015
OGreene:
where did u apply? VI or Ikeja

Ikeja centre will be better for you since you dont have much time. Ikeja centre takes 1 week. From what i hv read here sha. Just keep the extra 18k

The extra 18k is for WHAT?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zaenab: 5:23am On Jul 03, 2015
We are considering reducing the budget to 2300 and I would b going with my daughter alone.

justwise:

Considering the amount involved here I'm not sure using your daddy as your sponsor will work. I guess traveling with your kids to spend that much within short period is the issue here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 6:31am On Jul 03, 2015
justwise:

No don't move money use the company's account for the visa application because it's a business trip.

Thanks boss. I appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 8:25am On Jul 03, 2015
What you pay to use the centre in Ikeja. I stand to be corrected tho

DAVEZONIGLTD:

The extra 18k is for WHAT?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 9:07am On Jul 03, 2015
justwise, is ur email addy still justwise@......
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adunpeters(f): 9:38am On Jul 03, 2015
@just wise pls I would like to make enquiries about UK visa. I Av applied 3times now and I was denied visa as a result of the financial statement I presented. @ d moment, my passport has expired and I will like to get another passport in my maiden name cos I used my husbands name den and we av separated cos of some personal reasons. Dis embassy pple can be funny sometimes, I hope dey won't be thinking dat I changed my name cos I want to deceive dem. Then secondly, I was told that its only in Abuja passport office u can change d name on ur passport; pls how true is dis? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:39am On Jul 03, 2015
OGreene:
justwise, is ur email addy still justwise@......

I forgot to mention this here for years now...my email address was cloned by certain individuals here though I'm not bothered about that but people should not respond to any email supposedly from me asking for money or any favour in return for any advice.

Use the pm.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 9:58am On Jul 03, 2015
shocked and i sent a mail already, chaiii cry I hv pm'd you

justwise:

I forgot to mention this here for years now...my email address was cloned by certain individuals here though I'm not bothered about that but people should not respond to any email supposedly from me asking for money or any favour in return for any advice.

Use the pm.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 9:59am On Jul 03, 2015
and i was surprised when i saw the mail coz i know you dont paste ur email addy here. i tot that was a slip from you embarassed Now i know better

justwise:

Use the pm.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 10:48am On Jul 03, 2015
justwise, please let me know when you get my msg
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:18am On Jul 03, 2015
OGreene:
and i was surprised when i saw the mail coz i know you dont paste ur email addy here. i tot that was a slip from you embarassed Now i know better

I dropped my email address here years ago and that email is purely for nairaland and I don't use it anywhere else.

I still receive email sent through that email address but my point is I will never contact anybody here asking for payment or favour in exchange for any advice given here or off nairaland.

I will never contact anybody through that email address to sale or to market any deal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 11:20am On Jul 03, 2015
oh..ok

So u got my mail then. from lachi***

justwise:

I dropped my email address here years ago and that email is purely for nairaland and I don't use it anywhere else.

I still receive email sent through that email address but my point is I will never contact anybody here asking for payment or favour in exchange for any advice given here or off nairaland.

I will never contact anybody through that email address to sale or to market any deal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by JADESOLA15: 11:24am On Jul 03, 2015
@Justwise....How Una dey for here?
So today I went for my appointment at Teleperformance in Abuja to submit my application, and after submitting my docs, I was told I should wait for interview. Lol and behold, they ushered me into a small room with a system and the visa officer from UK was on skype ready to interview me. The conversation was like this:

VO: How are you today?
Me: Im perfectly fine
VO: Are you well enough for this interview?
Me: Im okay
VO: Tell me your name and date of birth
Me: I said it all
VO: Why are you go to UK?
Me: bla bla bla
VO: Where do you work?
Me: Blal bla
VO: What does your company do?
me: bla bla bla
VO: Why are you visiting UK at this time?
Me: To inspect machinery for the company
VO: When did you join this company?
Me: 2011 as P.A, but was promoted to so so and so in 2014
VO: What is the name of the owner of the company?
Me: I mentioned it
VO: Spell it for me
Me: I spelt the names
VO: How many people are in the employment of the company?
Me: I dont have exact figure, cos im not in HR, but I think btw 100 and 120
VO: ok, is the company in UK aware of your coming?
Me: yes, I have submmited the IV and hotel reservation made by the UK company
VO: how long have u bn dealing with the UK company?
Me: Do you mean how long we have bn transacting business or communicating with them?
VO: Transacting
Me: This is our first time of dealing with them
VO: why this company?
Me: One of the best in the world in this area of business
VO: Who is paying for this trip?
Me: My employer
VO: Why are they paying?
Me: The company has procured a machine with the Uk company and it is their sole responsibility to fund this trip
VO: Have you traveled before?
Me: yes, so country, so country and so country
VO: is that all?
Me: Yes
VO: why did you go to all these countries, and when?
Me: for this and this, and it was in march
VO: What is your monthly income?
Me: After tax or before tax?
VO: after tax
VO: Ok.
VO: why visiting Uk at this time?
I don tire already, why is he repeating question, anyway, I answered him again
VO: Ok. Thanks very much, that is the end of this interview
me: Thanks
VO: have a great day, and I wish you goodluck
Me. I have a great day too.

All in all, I spent close to 30mins skyping with the guy, and when I came out, people were like, bros, you no want comot again.

I think it is better to conduct this skype interview, it gives serious and genuine people to be able to explain in details why they are traveling.

You guys should all pray for me o.

Peace out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 12:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
me likey, All d best

JADESOLA15:
So today I went for my appointment at Teleperformance in Abuja to submit my application, and after submitting my docs, I was told I should wait for interview. Lol and behold, they ushered me into a small room with a system and the visa officer from UK was on skype ready to interview me. The conversation was like this:

Me: Do you mean how long we have bn transacting business or communicating with them?
Me: The company has procured a machine with the Uk company and it is their sole responsibility to fund this trip

All in all, I spent close to 30mins skyping with the guy, and when I came out, people were like, bros, you no want comot again.

I think it is better to conduct this skype interview, it gives serious and genuine people to be able to explain in details why they are traveling.

Peace out

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zaenab: 12:47pm On Jul 03, 2015
Justwise, please I await your response as it would help go a long way whether to reapply or not.

zaenab:
We are considering reducing the budget to 2300 and I would b going with my daughter alone.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:54pm On Jul 03, 2015
JADESOLA15:

Peace out

That is a lengthy one but not bad, they want to be fair in their decisions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:55pm On Jul 03, 2015
zaenab:
Justwise, please I await your response as it would help go a long way whether to reapply or not.

How long did you plan to stay?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 3:59pm On Jul 03, 2015
When did you get the US visa? was it tough? So many tots on my head right now

mizbee:

I don tire for dem too. Maybe u sud apply to another country. I av a US visa so I might decide travel wit dat one.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tolman061(m): 6:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
Hello house...Good day everyone

Pls i need ur urgent advise...I want to reapply for Uk visa again, i got 6months visit visa wit virgin passport around dis time last year,which i went immediately n spent my 1month for my annual leave. I was invited by my uncle which is like 80plus of age. He's ill now n he can't sit on d system n write invitation nw cos he was operated...n no one to help wit d invitation dis tym around.

Am planning of applying witout invitation,booking hotel for my stay n submitting my acct statement...Pls wats my chances of getting d visa? I av more than 1M in my acct n d money flows well. Hop d VO won't b wonderin y i didn't get invitation from dem dis tym around...I jst got US visa last month as well whic am planning to go...bt needs to do 1 or 2things in Uk...pls advise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zaenab: 6:31pm On Jul 03, 2015
We intend staying for 10 days

justwise:

How long did you plan to stay?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Motun123(f): 10:17pm On Jul 03, 2015
Hello All, I am new here. I have gone through some posts in this forum and they have been helpful, however, I am still a bit confused and I need help. I applied for a visiting visa last year Aug and i was denied on the premise that transaction in my account is irregular and suspicious (I got a credit alert of almost times two of my monthly salary) and seems to them like i inflated my account for the purpose of getting a visa, family ties and no travel history. I work in a firm that pays relatively well. My fiance is currently working in uk , prior to when i even applied last year, but i told him not to invite me cos i felt my job and salary should be able to convince them that i can finance my trip, that was why i applied on my own, yet i was denied. Now, I want to reapply for another visa, my fiance and I are contemplating that he should invite me this time and we should let them know that he didnt invite me last year cos I was not engaged/in a relationship with him. I am actually confused on how to go about this application. I am scared of being rejected again. please kindly advise me on how to go about this application, thank you.
justwise and other gurus in this house, please helppppppp.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by chimaamaechi17: 7:34am On Jul 04, 2015
Hello justwise and others, I really need ur urgent responses to my question... Must bank account statement be printed out in coloured if I'm submitting to d embassy? I asked bec my sponsor's bank account statement was printed out by the bank in black nd white printer but very certified by the bank. thanks in anticipation of ur responses....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:49am On Jul 04, 2015
chimaamaechi17:
Hello justwise and others, I really need ur urgent responses to my question... Must bank account statement be printed out in coloured if I'm submitting to d embassy? I asked bec my sponsor's bank account statement was printed out by the bank in black nd white printer but very certified by the bank. thanks in anticipation of ur responses....

It does not matter at all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:55am On Jul 04, 2015
tolman061:

Pls i need ur urgent advise...I want to reapply for Uk visa again, i got 6months visit visa wit virgin passport around dis time last year,which i went immediately n spent my 1month for my annual leave. I was invited by my uncle which is like 80plus of age. He's ill now n he can't sit on d system n write invitation nw cos he was operated...n no one to help wit d invitation dis tym around.

Am planning of applying witout invitation,booking hotel for my stay n submitting my acct statement...Pls wats my chances of getting d visa? I av more than 1M in my acct n d money flows well. Hop d VO won't b wonderin y i didn't get invitation from dem dis tym around...I jst got US visa last month as well whic am planning to go...bt needs to do 1 or 2things in Uk...pls advise

Nobody can answer that with authority, just have to prepare well and apply then the Eco will make that decision
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by chimaamaechi17: 8:59am On Jul 04, 2015
justwise:

It does not matter at all.
thank u for ur swift response justwise nd God bless u bro...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 9:00am On Jul 04, 2015
justwise in the house grin

Should I change d date of intended travel in making the new application, I was denied d first one and y hv told me to address the issues raised. I put in Aug 01, 2015 as when I want to commence travel. seeing that it took 3 weeks fro d first application, if I send in one now, it will be ready by early Aug, so can I move d date to like Aug 08.

And don't you think sales would be closing by 1st week in Aug? embarassed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:02am On Jul 04, 2015
Motun123:
Hello All, I am new here. I have gone through some posts in this forum and they have been helpful, however, I am still a bit confused and I need help. I applied for a visiting visa last year Aug and i was denied on the premise that transaction in my account is irregular and suspicious (I got a credit alert of almost times two of my monthly salary) and seems to them like i inflated my account for the purpose of getting a visa, family ties and no travel history. I work in a firm that pays relatively well. My fiance is currently working in uk , prior to when i even applied last year, but i told him not to invite me cos i felt my job and salary should be able to convince them that i can finance my trip, that was why i applied on my own, yet i was denied. Now, I want to reapply for another visa, my fiance and I are contemplating that he should invite me this time and we should let them know that he didnt invite me last year cos I was not engaged/in a relationship with him. I am actually confused on how to go about this application. I am scared of being rejected again. please kindly advise me on how to go about this application, thank you.
justwise and other gurus in this house, please helppppppp.

Yes your fiancé can invite you and include his bank statement, payslip and proof of accommodation.
You need to submit your salary account, payslip, employment letter and leave letter. If you have pictures of you and your fiancé submit that as well.
If there is any payment into your salary account other than the salary you need to explain the source.
Add any property or investment evidence you have
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 9:02am On Jul 04, 2015
How una dey take US visa? did you sponsor urself or u were invited or thru conference? Was that ur first application? I mean d US visa u got

tolman061:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 9:07am On Jul 04, 2015
Justwise, again with this leave letter you are talking about. I have the liberty to choose any month from now till December, I only want to request for the leave when I hv gotten a visa. Cant I explain in my application that I will req for leave after I hv gotten a visa. Whats the way around ds please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:16am On Jul 04, 2015
OGreene:
Justwise, again with this leave letter you are talking about. I have the liberty to choose any month from now till December, I only want to request for the leave when I hv gotten a visa. Cant I explain in my application that I will req for leave after I hv gotten a visa. Whats the way around ds please

You are only making things difficult for yourself and giving the Eco more reasons to refuse a visa and doubt your intentions.

How can you apply for visa as somebody going on leave but you don't have leave letter neither do you know when your leave is starting?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 9:33am On Jul 04, 2015
Lets say I requested for leave to commence in August and my company approved, I applied for visa and was refused. Meaning, I will be at home in Aug doing nothing when I can re-apply or apply to another country now and get a visa and comfortably pick a date later in the year, say Sept/October. That's what I had In mind. Assuming I got the first one, I would hv taken my leave from July ending, I was moved to a new unit mid-year, that's why I hv d option to pick any date I want any time. I only want to be sure b4 I req.

If you say so, I will reaply wt a leave letter for Aug embarassed

justwise:
[/b]

You are only making things difficult for yourself and giving the Eco more reasons to refuse a visa and doubt your intentions.

How can you apply for visa as somebody going on leave but you don't have leave letter neither do you know when your leave is starting?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Missdodo: 10:02am On Jul 04, 2015
OGreene:
Lets say I requested for leave to commence in August and my company approved, I applied for visa and was refused. Meaning, I will be at home in Aug doing nothing when I can re-apply or apply to another country now and get a visa and comfortably pick a date later in the year, say Sept/October. That's what I had In mind. Assuming I got the first one, I would hv taken my leave from July ending, I was moved to a new unit mid-year, that's why I hv d option to pick any date I want any time. I only want to be sure b4 I req.
If you say so, I will reaply wt a leave letter for Aug embarassed

alternatively, your letter of introduction from your employer should state that you would be on leave during the period and you intend to spend your time in the UK.

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.