Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,412 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (981251 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 1:08pm On Jul 22, 2015
Yahhhhh!! Stalking mode activated!!!
Watching out for ya updates henceforth tll our visas comot. grin..
My submission is next week.

iblaw:

Most visit visa submitted in VI are sent to Sheffield but it seems to be fast now cos i submitted my documents Friday 10th July and got an email from Sheffield Saturday 18th July that a decision has been made on my application so i am just waiting hopefully by next week i should be asked to come i pick up my passport & 2 years visa cheesy. Everyone seems to be used VI cos of the 18k extra fee in Ikeja so i might take over 2 weeks to get available appointment date for VI. I waited 2 weeks...submitted online form/payment 29th June and only available date was 10th July.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 1:09pm On Jul 22, 2015
Ahh, how come? Is it up to a month? Soweee.

Kyre:
i did and ts taking like forever to get my documents back
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessedfavoured: 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2015
Kyre:
i did and ts taking like forever to get my documents back

kyre check your email, i just received an update from teleperformance that a decision has been made on my app, 1 week after sheffield e-mailed me. So i guess we might be able to pick up this week or monday sha.

iyaaliyah,
i submitted 7th, got a message from sheffield saying a decision has been made on 15th, another e-mail from teleperformance saying basically the same thing. So give or take three weeks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Kyre: 2:57pm On Jul 22, 2015
i got the same email too oh.. thinking friday?? too early??
blessedfavoured:

kyre check your email, i just received an update from teleperformance that a decision has been made on my app, 1 week after sheffield e-mailed me. So i guess we might be able to pick up this week or monday sha.

iyaaliyah,
i submitted 7th, got a message from sheffield saying a decision has been made on 15th, another e-mail from teleperformance saying basically the same thing. So give or take three weeks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Kyre: 2:58pm On Jul 22, 2015
actually submitted on 2nd..but a decision has bn made since last week wednesday...delivery is the problem angry
iyaaliyah:
Ahh, how come? Is it up to a month? Soweee.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessedfavoured: 4:19pm On Jul 22, 2015
Kyre:
i got the same email too oh.. thinking friday?? too early??

no, i dont think friday is too early. But i'd wait till i get the e-mail for pick up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joanazubu(f): 5:20pm On Jul 22, 2015
joanazubu:

Good day Justwise and blank.

I have updated the form as advised with the interest, please i want you to review the details below if ok before i submit.

How much do you spend each month on living costs? 65 GBP( 20,800)
How much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants? 81GBP (25,900)

What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)? 1545 GBP (494,400)
The total amount of money you have for this trip? 1545 GBP (494,400)
The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets ? 755 GBP*( flight 200k and train or boat ticket 41,600 )

The cost of your accommodation? 400 GBP ( same as stated on my hotel booking 10 DAYS 128k)
The cost of your living expenses? 390 GBP (shopping and feeding 124,800 )

please guys help....God bless always

justwise pls assist ..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 9:54pm On Jul 22, 2015
Yea, I received a mail for collection before I went.

blessedfavoured:
please people that applied in VI. did you wait to receive an e-mail from teleperformance for pick up. i submitted on the 7th july, Received e-mail from sheffield visa office on 15th? Ogreene mzbee?

btw ogreene, it seems processing time varies. Im sorry i gave you wrong info regarding faster processing time in Ikeja. It was the trend on the thread at the time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 9:59pm On Jul 22, 2015
You should wait for at least 5 working days, shey the mail from Sheffield stated 2-5 working days. I went a day earlier (4th day) but was told to come the ffl day. Last week Wed to today is 3 working days ba kiss If after 5 or 6 days no word from them, dem u can worry.

Kyre:
i got an email from sheffield last week wednesday but when i got to vi today, dey said it wasnt ready yet. All ds wahala sef sad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 10:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
Yea, in the UK (Sheffield).

From 1 -3 weeks. It varies

iyaaliyah:
Morning ple, pls is there anyone who has used Victoria island submission centre? Hoq long does it take. I heard applications are treated in the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AZUH: 11:47pm On Jul 22, 2015
boss , she went to pick her passport today and she was rejected , not only that . she has black stamp on her passport , reasons for her rejection was that she cannot leave the territory when her visa expires , i think the reason for that, was the mistake in her flight reservation, the black stamp what does it mean? does it sound like a warning ? thanks .GOD bless .

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 23, 2015
Pls house , A cousin of mine went for his Visa at the UK embassy in Lagos 3weeks ago and he got this message below..

Reference: GWF03XXXXXX[i][/i]

Dear XXXXXXX

Your passport and any returned supporting documentation have now arrived back at the TLScontact UK

Visa Application Centre.

Collection in Person

To retrieve your documents, you will need to provide the following:

Your Application Checklist
Original Photographic ID
Copy of Your Photographic ID (e.g Photocopy of biodata page of passport)
It is not possible for a third party to collect the documents on behalf of an applicant, except in the following cases:

A parent collecting for a dependent child.
One member of a family group collecting the passports for the whole family, if applied together.
Government Ministry representatives.
Business Network company representative, approved by the British High Commission and the company’s authorized signatories with a letter of permission and a photograph.
You can check collection times and the centre address on the Visa Centre Information page of the country

website where you applied.

Important: You are advised to make prompt arrangements to collect your documents from the Visa Application

Centre as TLScontact is only able to hold them for 30 days. After this time they will be returned to UK

Visas and Immigration, who will pass them on to the issuing authority.

Return by Courier

If your documents are being sent back to you by courier, it will be dispatched within 24 business hours. You will

receive an additional email from TLScontact to confirm when they have been dispatched. The local

courier service provider may also confirm this with you, depending upon which courier is used in your area.

Kind regards,

TLScontact
UK VIsas & Immigration

Does this mean his visa has been granted or rejected
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olorieka: 7:49am On Jul 23, 2015
Justwise your help is need have apply for UK by 2013 with my kids but I was denied because of a lump amount that entered my account and have try apply for France too I was denied but when I apply for UK then I was working but now I own a fashion store and would love to go shop for my store plz I need help on how to go abt my application this time can't give any agent my Cash again .p.s am going alone leaving my kids behinds since is a business trip.thank u inadvance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Bostin(m): 9:57am On Jul 23, 2015
Please my good people in the house,how will you advice a current 200 level University student in Nigeria who is also a self employed business person,who has been to the UK in the last 2yrs but willing to apply for a visit visa for upcoming Christmas seasons,how and easiest ways to be granted Visa. Note: the previous visa was student visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rukkiat: 10:43am On Jul 23, 2015
I got my visa thanks to everyone especially @justwise pls always makes used of d additional information is very Important, I submitted @ vi center I got a call dat my passport is ready for pickup visa issued from Sheffield am so happy

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Kyre: 11:01am On Jul 23, 2015
Pls wen did u apply?
rukkiat:
I got my visa thanks to everyone especially @justwise pls always makes used of d additional information is very Important, I submitted @ vi center I got a call dat my passport is ready for pickup visa issued from Sheffield am so happy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by colegold100: 11:47am On Jul 23, 2015
My wife and daughter just submitted there applications today at V.I. For 6 months uk visa. No interview.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry357: 12:15pm On Jul 23, 2015
profojah:
Pls house ,

[b]Does this mean his visa has been granted or rejected

Read back in this section
a thousand people have already asked this question before!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Brandagencies(f): 1:49pm On Jul 23, 2015
@justwise

Please i intend to apply for a uk visa soon

I have a solid sponsor account with at least 2million as account balance
I have a job with 97k monthly with a very popular online company
I have other buisnesses, although not on a huge scale
I am a seller on jumia and on konga
I can get introduction letter from my company
i intend to spend just 10 days or even less.

Do you honestly think i have a chance?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:07pm On Jul 23, 2015
profojah:
Pls house , A cousin of mine went for his Visa at the UK embassy in Lagos 3weeks ago and he got this message below..

Reference: GWF03XXXXXX[i][/i]

Dear XXXXXXX

Your passport and any returned supporting documentation have now arrived back at the TLScontact UK

Visa Application Centre.

Collection in Person

To retrieve your documents, you will need to provide the following:

Your Application Checklist
Original Photographic ID
Copy of Your Photographic ID (e.g Photocopy of biodata page of passport)
It is not possible for a third party to collect the documents on behalf of an applicant, except in the following cases:

A parent collecting for a dependent child.
One member of a family group collecting the passports for the whole family, if applied together.
Government Ministry representatives.
Business Network company representative, approved by the British High Commission and the company’s authorized signatories with a letter of permission and a photograph.
You can check collection times and the centre address on the Visa Centre Information page of the country

website where you applied.

Important: You are advised to make prompt arrangements to collect your documents from the Visa Application

Centre as TLScontact is only able to hold them for 30 days. After this time they will be returned to UK

Visas and Immigration, who will pass them on to the issuing authority.

Return by Courier

If your documents are being sent back to you by courier, it will be dispatched within 24 business hours. You will

receive an additional email from TLScontact to confirm when they have been dispatched. The local

courier service provider may also confirm this with you, depending upon which courier is used in your area.

Kind regards,

TLScontact
UK VIsas & Immigration

Does this mean his visa has been granted or rejected

Nobody can give definite answer to that, let her pick up her passport first.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:09pm On Jul 23, 2015
olorieka:
Justwise your help is need have apply for UK by 2013 with my kids but I was denied because of a lump amount that entered my account and have try apply for France too I was denied but when I apply for UK then I was working but now I own a fashion store and would love to go shop for my store plz I need help on how to go abt my application this time can't give any agent my Cash again .p.s am going alone leaving my kids behinds since is a business trip.thank u inadvance

Is your business registered and you pay tax on your income?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:11pm On Jul 23, 2015
Bostin:
Please my good people in the house,how will you advice a current 200 level University student in Nigeria who is also a self employed business person,who has been to the UK in the last 2yrs but willing to apply for a visit visa for upcoming Christmas seasons ,how and easiest ways to be granted Visa. Note: the previous visa was student visa.

There is no easiest or hardest way of getting a visa, meeting the requirements is a starting point then the ECO will make that decision

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:11pm On Jul 23, 2015
rukkiat:

Congratulation! Enjoy your trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:13pm On Jul 23, 2015
Brandagencies:
@justwise

Please i intend to apply for a uk visa soon

I have a solid sponsor account with at least 2million as account balance
I have a job with 97k monthly with a very popular online company
I have other buisnesses, although not on a huge scale
I am a seller on jumia and on konga
I can get introduction letter from my company
i intend to spend just 10 days or even less.

Do you honestly think i have a chance?

Your chances are remotely slim.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Brandagencies(f): 2:14pm On Jul 23, 2015
Please what do u think i can do?

I really want to go

justwise:
[/b]

Your chances are remotely slim.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:17pm On Jul 23, 2015
Brandagencies:
Please what do u think i can do?

I really want to go

You don't have the money and can't be sponsored...that is the problem you have
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Brandagencies(f): 2:21pm On Jul 23, 2015
I have actually been saving tho, so aside sponsors money is till have 450,000 in my account..which i intended to spend part of it.

On a general sha, i shldnt bother myself.

Issorait.

justwise:

You don't have the money and can't be sponsored...that is the problem you have
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olorieka: 2:23pm On Jul 23, 2015
I just got my business registered last week
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olorieka: 2:38pm On Jul 23, 2015
@justwise it is also stated then that they are not sure I will come back with my kids same goes to France too that I might not come back that is why I want to apply alone and have also try usa with them so I still have a virgin passport that why I think is tyme I try alone
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Bostin(m): 2:43pm On Jul 23, 2015
justwise:

There is no easiest or hardest way of getting a visa, meeting the requirements is a starting point then the ECO will make that decision
@Justwise,I just want to know which option will be best to use between family visit or Tourism for that category.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 23, 2015
Please, is the excerpt in the second paragraph below usually a part of the STANDARD email from Sheffield or is this just a peculiar case?

A decision has been made on your UK Visa application. Your application will be dispatched shortly from the Decision Making Centre in Sheffield, UK. 

If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, they cannot - please report any such approach to VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 23, 2015
justwise:

Nobody can give definite answer to that, let her pick up her passport first.
Thanks boss!.. He has gone to collect it and they have issued his visa.. He was kinda scared to know what that msg meant and I'm also a novice when it comes to UK visa..so I dediced to help him ask

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.