Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (981622 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 9:14am On Aug 22, 2015
worry359:

You have suffered because of the thousands that have overstayed in the past.
I am sorry but poor, single and no job is never going to get a visa.
There is no point in contacting the visa center or appealing.
You must build up your strong ties to home and your proof that you will return after your visit.
I am sorry but poor, single and no job is never going to get a visa.
Wait a year or more and build up your bank and work service.

@worry359
Are you speaking on behalf of the ECO?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 9:17am On Aug 22, 2015
iblaw:

@worry359
Are you speaking on behalf of the ECO?

Just stating FACTS.
Rather than your post telling her to re-apply without correcting the obvious problems with her background.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 22, 2015
Iblaw worry359 is right.
To travel as an adult over 18yrs and be sponsored fully by an elder sibling not even her husbands begs the question why.

The onus is on the applicant not her sponsor.
Forget that she's your sister, she's not a child she's an adult with husband and two kids she's responsible for. Yet she wants to go to the UK on your bill to celebrate a nephew's 1year old birthday.

This is what the Eco thought.... PORKIES!

Let her apply when she has an income flowing or when her husband is the one footing the bill or she has travel history she paid for herself.

Remember visa applications are viewed on the balance of probabilites

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 9:39am On Aug 22, 2015
worry359:

Just stating FACTS.
Rather than your post telling her to re-apply without correcting the obvious problems with her background.

if you feel you have strong points and documents against the highlighted points of refusal then re-apply and pray you will not be donating visa fee to them because they are in the business of chopping people's visa fee in the name of balance of probability.

Did you read the above in my post?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kennycanny: 10:07am On Aug 22, 2015
taolut:
Good evening everyone, I stumbled on this thread whilst threading online for some help and was hoping someone could please help me shed some light into this form me.

I am a british citizen, live in the UK and work here as well as my husband and children, I have just invite pd my immediate younger sister to come visit and meet my littlw son, I have invited her to come celebrate my sons first birthday party.

I supplied all my documents, my work documents with good income, my husbands pds documents and statements as well as mine, house documents, passports, pictures, name i even supplied my bank statements in Nigeria.

My sister just finished serving and has a job offer which she is meant to start end of oct and she is meant to come for 4 weeks before she starts, she is married with 2 kinds and would be leaving her family behind, she included the evidence of her kids and letter from her hubby.

I wrote a personal letter stating the relationship which is very obvious as we included all our pictures. Even baby pictures and I stated that I understand she is about to start work and that I would be responsible for every expenses of her trip, which I am capable of doing and that we would accommodate her, in fact I paid for her application fee with my card.

To cut the long story short, she was refused today with the reason below

You state that you are supported by your family and have no current income, I note that you submitted documents for your sponsors, I recognise that it is stated that your sponsor propose to bear the cost of the trip however I must take into account your personal economic and personal circumstances in nigeria when coming to my decision. On the basis of evidence provided you appear to have little source of personal income or asset in your country, in the light of all above, I consider that you have failed to show sufficient strong economic ties to satisfy me that on the balance of probability that you intend to leave the UK on the end of a short visit.

This to me is very annoying as I do not think they expect someone who has just finished NYSC and waiting to start a new job to have. Lot of income, is having a sponsor willing to carry everything not good enough, are her kids that she is leaving behind not enough.

I intend to send an email clarifying These assumptions but would really appreciate any help or insight on the right direction.

Thanks in advance

I think she is just unlucky, some peeps in her shoes get Visa. But importantly, did d husband added his own profile. If the husband has a good job, and included this in addition to the letter , it might make a difference.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:03am On Aug 22, 2015
taolut:
Good evening everyone, I stumbled on this thread whilst threading online for some help and was hoping someone could please help me shed some light into this form me.

I am a british citizen, live in the UK and work here as well as my husband and children, I have just invite pd my immediate younger sister to come visit and meet my littlw son, I have invited her to come celebrate my sons first birthday party.

I supplied all my documents, my work documents with good income, my husbands pds documents and statements as well as mine, house documents, passports, pictures, name i even supplied my bank statements in Nigeria.

My sister just finished serving and has a job offer which she is meant to start end of oct and she is meant to come for 4 weeks before she starts, she is married with 2 kinds and would be leaving her family behind, she included the evidence of her kids and letter from her hubby.

I wrote a personal letter stating the relationship which is very obvious as we included all our pictures. Even baby pictures and I stated that I understand she is about to start work and that I would be responsible for every expenses of her trip, which I am capable of doing and that we would accommodate her, in fact I paid for her application fee with my card.

You state that you are supported by your family and have no current income, I note that you submitted documents for your sponsors, I recognise that it is stated that your sponsor propose to bear the cost of the trip however I must take into account your personal economic and personal circumstances in nigeria when coming to my decision. On the basis of evidence provided you appear to have little source of personal income or asset in your country, in the light of all above, I consider that you have failed to show sufficient strong economic ties to satisfy me that on the balance of probability that you intend to leave the UK on the end of a short visit.

This to me is very annoying as I do not think they expect someone who has just finished NYSC and waiting to start a new job to have. Lot of income, is having a sponsor willing to carry everything not good enough, are her kids that she is leaving behind not enough.

I intend to send an email clarifying These assumptions but would really appreciate any help or insight on the right direction.

Thanks in advance

Its two ways thing....both of you have to meet the requirement and in this case you met the requirement but unfortunately your sister did not.

Let her start her job first and apply after sometimes in the job, that will strengthen her tie to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 11:54am On Aug 22, 2015
justwise:

Are you running a registered business?

Justwise I am awaiting your response pls.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:35pm On Aug 22, 2015
askari01:

No I am not, I work in a construction company and I invest my savings on used cars from the states... Once the vehicles gets to Nigeria, I give them to my friend who is a dealer to sell and we share profit , The funds paid yesterday wasn't paid into my salary account let me know what you think as I am ready to go submit next week .

Leave the money out of your application because you will struggle to prove the source with paper evidence
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 1:21pm On Aug 22, 2015
justwise:

Leave the money out of your application because you will struggle to prove the source with paper evidence

Thanks, that's why I didn't pay it into my account directly so I won't have to explain, explain, explain and explain, although I have to explain the sum of 2M that entered my account in April. I think it's not necesary to claim any investment asides ur monthly income... What do you think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 1:27pm On Aug 22, 2015
You want to write an e-mail and clarify what exactly? The ECO gave 2 reasons you shud worry about: "...you appear to have little source of personal income and assets in your country...". So will your email clarify that your sis has better income and other assets you didn't mention earlier?

My friend has been invited several times by her elder bro who lives in d UK. She doesn't hv a job and was refused abt 4 times. She even appealed, d bro represented her in d UK then but nothing came thru. Jus because she doesn't hv personal income and assets. No matter what she and her family did/wrote, the Visa Officers remained unshaken.

So this thing does happen. Your sis is unlucky and if she applies under ds same circumstance, it's very likely dey won't give her. Let her face her job and when she re-applies next year, she can fund part of d trip while u fund d rest, to show she is financially responsible. Even if she earns a little, having a job or biz makes it easier. Don't be annoyed dear smiley

I have someone else dt is married wt a child and wtout a job, dey hv bounced her countless times.

taolut:

Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 1:35pm On Aug 22, 2015
I hope so too.

On a second thought, If d hubby is well to do, has a gud job and all, why isn't he d one sponsoring her tho? This shud hv made a better diff.

kennycanny:

I think she is just unlucky, some peeps in her shoes get Visa. But importantly, did d husband added his own profile. If the husband has a good job, and included this in addition to the letter , it might make a difference.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kennycanny: 2:30pm On Aug 22, 2015
OGreene:
I hope so too.

On a second thought, If d hubby is well to do, has a gud job and all, why isn't he d one sponsoring her tho? This shud hv made a better diff.

At least so many full time house wives married to a big man go on holidays abroad. How are they going about it.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 2:45pm On Aug 22, 2015
In most cases, shud be the husbands sponsoring them

kennycanny:

At least so many full time house wives married to a big man go on holidays abroad. How are they going about it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by taolut: 10:19pm On Aug 22, 2015
Thanks everyone for the advise, each and every one had made a valid point, I was just curious as this was what they did to my mum the first time she applied, I contested it and explained clearly to the embassy all their doubts and they called her few days after to bring her passport to collect her visa.

It's just so unfortunate they they prefer lies, well packaged application with lies than the genuine ones I mean if it's truly her intention to run away, she would have applied all these years, it's not like she just suddenly become my sister or that I have just moved here.

Her husband did put all his work papers, and letter. She included her employment letter, her nysc cert and all her kids birth cert to show ties to naija.

Maybe she waits to start her new job then re apply, but I still would fire them an email on Monday as I have a case to use where the tribunal states that it is not enough to refuse visa based on probability of not coming back, I also intend to ask them what source of income they expect someone who has just finished serving to have.

I would still give it my best shot as these people has almost turned naija application to business centres.

If I hear anything, I shall let everyone know.

Once again, many thanks for the contribution, I do appreciate

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AZUH: 11:32pm On Aug 22, 2015
i want to apply thru germany , i have applied before as a civil servant but was rejected . now i want to register my business name so i can use it to apply ,I have proofs of sending money abroad. I run a transport company all the bus plate number bears my name.i have bill of loading from germany every month ,my friend that is helping to buy the buses in Germany does not have valid paper to send me an invitation. Please advice. Thanks n God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 10:42am On Aug 23, 2015
We hope for d best. Send dem d mail since you feel strongly about it.

taolut:
Thanks everyone for the advise, each and every one had made a valid point, I was just curious as this was what they did to my mum the first time she applied, I contested it and explained clearly to the embassy all their doubts and they called her few days after to bring her passport to collect her visa.

It's just so unfortunate they they prefer lies, well packaged application with lies than the genuine ones I mean if it's truly her intention to run away, she would have applied all these years, it's not like she just suddenly become my sister or that I have just moved here.

Her husband did put all his work papers, and letter. She included her employment letter, her nysc cert and all her kids birth cert to show ties to naija.

Maybe she waits to start her new job then re apply, but I still would fire them an email on Monday as I have a case to use where the tribunal states that it is not enough to refuse visa based on probability of not coming back, I also intend to ask them what source of income they expect someone who has just finished serving to have.

I would still give it my best shot as these people has almost turned naija application to business centres.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 2:41pm On Aug 23, 2015
taolut:

I still stand by what i said earlier, your sister submitted a good application. It was a 50/50 probability but the ECO decided otherwise.

Yes, they are in the business of chopping visa fee in the name of balance of probability grin

Best of Luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 2:47pm On Aug 23, 2015
Hi OGreene

Have you booked your flight?

Fares are already dropping, i saw Virgin to London for September like 170k+ last week, i have decided to fly straight to Manchester and i am seeing KLM and Air France around N174,000. All fares to Manchester were above 200k upper week.

My brother is asking me to still wait till September before i book grin

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bidosko(m): 3:33pm On Aug 23, 2015
taolut:

they really..... I wondering ow many millions they make per day just from this. You should send a mail
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 4:16pm On Aug 23, 2015
Haven't booked ooo. I dunt knw wots keeping me from booking. Virgin for 170k? Ama check it right now.

The fares shud keep dropping grin

iblaw:
Hi OGreene

Have you booked your flight?

Fares are already dropping, i saw Virgin to London for September like 170k+ last week, i have decided to fly straight to Manchester and i am seeing KLM and Air France around N174,000. All fares to Manchester were above 200k upper week.

My brother is asking me to still wait till September before i book grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 4:19pm On Aug 23, 2015
Well, d main thing am considering is d next Muslim hols. Dunno for sure if it's 23rd and 24th. If I can get a confirmation now, I will travel 23rd night. Re-scheduling fee is high, so I won't like to take chances

Hv checked on Google, I dunt knw if dos dates change.

Cc: iblaw
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 4:41pm On Aug 23, 2015
OGreene:
Well, d main thing am considering is d next Muslim hols. Dunno for sure if it's 23rd and 24th. If I can get a confirmation now, I will travel 23rd night. Re-scheduling fee is high, so I won't like to take chances

Hv checked on Google, I dunt knw if dos dates change.

Cc: iblaw

Holiday will most likely be 23/24th September. Holiday or no holiday i hope to travel 22/23th
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 3:01am On Aug 24, 2015
OGreene:
Haven't booked ooo. I dunt knw wots keeping me from booking. Virgin for 170k? Ama check it right now.

The fares shud keep dropping grin

Good Morning

What sites do you use?

Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by colegold100: 8:04am On Aug 24, 2015
House,
Justwise, iblaw , justice, ogreene and other Majors..
I want to reapply for my wife and daughter after being refused visa.
*Is it neccessary or important to include the refusal letter in their applications? *
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 8:11am On Aug 24, 2015
colegold100:
House,
*Is it necessary or important to include the refusal letter in their applications? *

You should mention their refusal so the VO does not think you are hiding facts, but they will have the records on computer.
It will do no harm to include a copy.

What you MUST do is to address the reasons for their refusal and put them right.
Otherwise they will be refused again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AZUH: 8:47am On Aug 24, 2015
Please answer my ques thanks.i want to apply thru germany , i have applied before as a civil servant but was rejected . now i want to register my business name so i can use it to apply ,I have proofs of sending money abroad. I run a transport company all the bus plate number bears my name.i have bill of loadin embarassedg from germany every month ,my friend that is helping to buy the buses in Germany does not have valid paper to send me an invitation. Please advice. Thanks n God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 9:07am On Aug 24, 2015
I use www.skyscanner.net. (Hope dats d correct site)

Iblaw, pls wch do you use? I like dat Virgin Atlantic offer.

Portsmouth86:

Good Morning

What sites do you use?

Cheers

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 9:24am On Aug 24, 2015
You re right. He shud start d letter by addressing d refusal points and mentioning d docs attached to back up his applic.

worry359:

You should mention their refusal so the VO does not think you are hiding facts, but they will have the records on computer.
It will do no harm to include a copy.

What you MUST do is to address the reasons for their refusal and put them right.
Otherwise they will be refused again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:57am On Aug 24, 2015
colegold100:
House,
*Is it neccessary or important to include the refusal letter in their applications? *

No, just explain it in the form
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:58am On Aug 24, 2015
AZUH:
Please answer my ques thanks.i want to apply thru germany , i have applied before as a civil servant but was rejected . now i want to register my business name so i can use it to apply ,I have proofs of sending money abroad. I run a transport company all the bus plate number bears my name.i have bill of loadin embarassedg from germany every month ,my friend that is helping to buy the buses in Germany does not have valid paper to send me an invitation. Please advice. Thanks n God bless

You want to apply for UK visa from Germany or what?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 10:02am On Aug 24, 2015
Maybe you shud paste dis on Schengen visa thread. You will get answers there.

AZUH:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 10:04am On Aug 24, 2015
AZUH, wch visa re you referring to? Am confused now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.