Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,792 members, 7,810,061 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (395) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980407 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tinuosadeyi: 9:35pm On Aug 26, 2015
so you guys i got this mail
A decision has been made on your UK visa application. Your application will be despatched within 48 hrs. If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, please disregard as they cannot. You should not expect to receive any further notification from this office.

Kind regards,

Lagos Visa Section

im nervoussssss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:05pm On Aug 26, 2015
poshstore:
Date of Previous Visa refusal and reason.(They put an auto calender there)
Is there no option of "DON'T KNOW" or "CAN'T RECALL"?
I suppose there were some amendments and these options were included along with parents data section. However, if there is no such option (and as the system will not allow you to proceed without completing the section), i suggest that you choose any odd date (for example 01/01/1900), and then, explain the situation in the additional information box.
Your explanation should be on this line:
I do not recall the date that I was refused the visa because, i did not keep the date, and the passport that was involved is missing, therefore, the date that i entered in this regard is not to the best of my knowledge: i have merely entered the date in compulsion
Trust me, you will be fine if you do as i have directed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 10:12pm On Aug 26, 2015
@ Iblaw, I mailed d guy abt d air fare, he didn't reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 10:14pm On Aug 26, 2015
Yea, normal mail. Relax

Teleperformance will contact you soon to come for ur passport

tinuosadeyi:
A decision has been made on your UK visa application. Your application will be despatched within 48 hrs. If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, please disregard as they cannot. You should not expect to receive any further notification from this office.

Kind regards,

Lagos Visa Section

im nervoussssss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 10:41pm On Aug 26, 2015
OGreene:
@ Iblaw, I mailed d guy abt d air fare, he didn't reply.

That's strange o. I sent a mail yesterday asking about changing return date after departure and i got a response same day
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 10:44pm On Aug 26, 2015
tinuosadeyi:

Kind regards,

Lagos Visa Section

im nervoussssss

When i picked up my 2 years visa, on the queue a woman was sweating and fanning herself inside AC grin

So relax, a decision as already been made but all the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ajalatravel: 5:18am On Aug 27, 2015
@justwise iblaw, ogreen and every guru in the house
I'm planning to apply for a visa for a 3 days training but I want to spend 1 week.

Please help check if this is okay

Airplane boat or train ticket 690 Pounds
accomodation 7 days 256 pounds
cost of living expenses 7 days 200pounds

What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)? 1146

The total amount of money you have for this trip 1146

I have 800k + in my salary account
My monthly take home is: 215k

Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by poshstore: 7:48am On Aug 27, 2015
Vicjustice:

Is there no option of "DON'T KNOW" or "CAN'T RECALL"?
I suppose there were some amendments and these options were included along with parents data section. However, if there is no such option (and as the system will not allow you to proceed without completing the section), i suggest that you choose any odd date (for example 01/01/1900), and then, explain the situation in the additional information box.
Your explanation should be on this line:
I do not recall the date that I was refused the visa because, i did not keep the date, and the passport that was involved is missing, therefore, the date that i entered in this regard is not to the best of my knowledge: i have merely entered the date in compulsion
Trust me, you will be fine if you do as i have directed
Thanks Vicjustice,please should i write an additional letter cos i have signed and submitted the application online even though i have not paid for it.Or should i start a new application and put it under the additional note section.?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:40am On Aug 27, 2015
GodnGold:
Please I wish to travel with my four kids to the UK.I really need help with the a -z of everything we will be needing.Note that we haven't travelled before.We wish to stay for ten years.Please kindly help with any info.Thank you.

10 days or 10 years?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:42am On Aug 27, 2015
Ajalatravel:
@justwise iblaw, ogreen and every guru in the house
I'm planning to apply for a visa for a 3 days training but I want to spend 1 week.

Please help check if this is okay

Airplane boat or train ticket 690 Pounds
accomodation 7 days 256 pounds
cost of living expenses 7 days 200pounds

What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)? 1146

The total amount of money you have for this trip 1146

I have 800k + in my salary account
My monthly take home is: 215k

Thanks in advance

1. Have you paid for the training and got the receipt?

2. Who is sponsoring you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:46am On Aug 27, 2015
Portsmouth86:

Hi JW

thank you wink I think I have a little OCD

Just a quick one, the document called "guide to supporting documents-settlement" asks for supporting financial documents from both applicant and also from sponsor, I'm aware I will have to send mine to Sheffield, d[b]oes my husband need a copy of all my documents to submit when he applies for his visa or is it just his own bank statements and payslips they are specifying?
[/b]
kind regards,

Karen

No, you send all your documents to Sheffield while he submits his application form, TB result and English language test result(If he needs one) at visa center in Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ajalatravel: 9:33am On Aug 27, 2015
justwise:

1. Have you paid for the training and got the receipt?

2. Who is sponsoring you?

Yes. I've paid for the training and I'm sponsoring myself
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 11:29am On Aug 27, 2015
Iblaw, let me not bother you much

I wll just search for the fare myself.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:41pm On Aug 27, 2015
poshstore:
Thanks Vicjustice,please should i write an additional letter cos i have signed and submitted the application online even though i have not paid for it.Or should i start a new application and put it under the additional note section.?
Whichever is ok by you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by poshstore: 2:01pm On Aug 27, 2015
Vicjustice:

Whichever is ok by you
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Portsmouth86(f): 6:24pm On Aug 27, 2015
justwise:

No, you send all your documents to Sheffield while he submits his application form, TB result and English language test result(If he needs one) at visa center in Nigeria.

He speaks English as a first language, and works at the British embassy, he also has a degree in Sociology, so how can he prove it apart from speaking the language fluently just as i speak it being my mother tongue?

Does he not need to supply his own bank statements and payslips then?

Cheers

K
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:06pm On Aug 27, 2015
Portsmouth86:

He speaks English as a first language, and works at the British embassy, he also has a degree in Sociology, so how can he prove it apart from speaking the language fluently just as i speak it being my mother tongue?

Does he not need to supply his own bank statements and payslips then?

Cheers

K

Nah! he is good to go, no need for English language test.

His bank statement is not needed but some people still add it anyway

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hawtbayana: 11:38pm On Aug 27, 2015
hawtbayana:
hello Justwise,

i was given six month tourist visa last yr, i traveled once to uk with the visa.

i applied for 2 years with same docs but with bank statement of 450k. i am super nervous if my visa will be granted considering my bank bal. pls note i have been to two different countries(SA & UAE).

Pls any chance as i do not want to loose my visa application money.

I was called for interview which held yesterday.

Picked up my passport today with 2 years visa.

I can finally sleep now, the heart attack
No be small tin o. grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by hawtbayana: 11:52pm On Aug 27, 2015
tinuosadeyi:

Kind regards,

Lagos Visa Section

im nervoussssss

That was the same email I got from them yesterday. Congratulations in advance!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:58am On Aug 28, 2015
hawtbayana:

No be small tin o. grin

Congratulations
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Aminat508(f): 8:02am On Aug 28, 2015
hawtbayana:

No be small tin o. grin

Congratulations

Oyaaaa send my own gift for d good news cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ajalatravel: 9:23am On Aug 28, 2015
Ajalatravel:

Yes. I've paid for the training and I'm sponsoring myself
@justwise you don forget me oooooo. Please am I good to go....I need to know please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by askari01: 10:21am On Aug 28, 2015
Hello >>justwise, iblaw Ogreen and fellows >> i am really confused right now , I was about making payment for my application and I agreed to pay 230$... How come $230 is now calculated on UK payment site to be 56,350? please is this normal? I want to pick a date for tomorrow and its showing 56,350 using PAGA, they won't accept my bank card..Whats wrong pls ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iblaw: 10:32am On Aug 28, 2015
hawtbayana:

No be small tin o. grin

Congrats!!!

Remember i told you account balance is not the only thing that determines getting visa but you didn't tell us about your interview so others can learn be be prepared.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by AZUH: 10:33am On Aug 28, 2015
please house help me out , from paris to germany by train . how much will it cost ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by westwoodestate: 10:56am On Aug 28, 2015
hi, i need urgent answers please; i misplaced my previous passports with uk visas on it. i am applying for a visa today, what do i fill in? i.e the part that asks if I've had previous passports and the part that asks about previous uk visas?

pls respond at your earliest convenience.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 11:02am On Aug 28, 2015
westwoodestate:
hi, i need urgent answers please; i misplaced my previous passports with uk visas on it. i am applying for a visa today, what do i fill in? i.e the part that asks if I've had previous passports and the part that asks about previous uk visas?

You fill in the TRUTH.
That you had a passport and visa but it was lost.
It's not difficult!
I hope you have reported the loss to the police and that someone has not used your passport for fraud.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:17am On Aug 28, 2015
westwoodestate:

Did you travel to the UK with the visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:19am On Aug 28, 2015
Ajalatravel:
@justwise you don forget me oooooo. Please am I good to go....I need to know please

Ok, you only have to explain why you are sponsoring yourself while working for somebody else if called for an interview
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ajalatravel: 11:46am On Aug 28, 2015
Ajalatravel:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:48am On Aug 28, 2015
Ajalatravel:
[/quote]

[quote author=justwise post=37420287]
Ok, you only have to explain why you are sponsoring yourself while working for somebody else if called for an interview
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ajalatravel: 11:48am On Aug 28, 2015
justwise:

Thanks sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.