Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,162 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (212650 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 5:13pm On Dec 14, 2011
@kaycome,

It seems you asking for the new gre materials on the gre thread, then go to my profile and search through my post sometime around Sept, you will see those materials download links there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by teachme(m): 6:17pm On Dec 14, 2011
keneyinks:

hello house.

Please i need a contact of anyone that arrange for f1 appointment for fair, maybe dec or early jan abuja precisely.

as of yesterday, there was 2nd of January available. if u monitor very well, u will find a date for urself, but if u really wanna spend dat chedda, let me know and i will tell someone to monitor it for you,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by TranceD: 8:13pm On Dec 14, 2011
Hello house, please does anybody know the address for the ticketing office of continental airline. I've been searching online for days, no luck. Help!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by nickyrich1: 3:01am On Dec 15, 2011
@teachme
Please i need an appointment date for January, i already faced the Embassy 2nd of December, how possible is January appointment and how sure is your link to get me an appointment?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cophild: 7:06am On Dec 15, 2011
@Web am a bit jealous o, The deal is unbelievable! Safe journey bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 15, 2011
Hi everybody, I am new to this post, being following it since nov 2011, I recently went for my own interview and I was denied at lagos on the 8th of dec but my problem is that they took my original SEVIS receipt. I have already booked anoda appointment for feb and I have asked the school to defer my admission from spring 1 to spring 3 resumption date which is in march 2012, the school said they will issue me a new i-20form but am I going to pay for anoda SEVIS fee? They said the fee lasts for abt a year but I don't have my original receipt. I don't knw what to do. Please!! Help!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Square65: 10:20am On Dec 15, 2011
ebele17:

Hi everybody, I am new to this post, being following it since nov 2011, I recently went for my own interview and I was denied at lagos on the 8th of dec but my problem is that they took my original SEVIS receipt. I have already booked anoda appointment for feb and I have asked the school to defer my admission from spring 1 to spring 3 resumption date which is in march 2012, the school said they will issue me a new i-20form but am I going to pay for anoda SEVIS fee? They said the fee lasts for abt a year but I don't have my original receipt. I don't knw what to do. Please!! Help!!

Ebele,

I am surprised that your SEVIS receipt had to be withheld or is there anyone in the house who has experienced same?

You can call the embassy to verify it was not a mistake to withhold your receipt.

Meanwhile, you don't need to pay for another SEVIS fee. Even if your sch's issuing a new I-20 your SEVIS ID remains the same, since it's the same school. So print the online receipt which is ok for the interview.

On a different note, pls share your experience so that you and others can learn from it.

@House, maybe we should make it a house rule: Anybody who wants some help/advice from the house should share his/her experience. "No share, no ear"

and you, yes you you! we are expecting a BIG TESTIMONY in six days and counting *wink*
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 15, 2011
@square65, my problem wasn't questions, my problem was that my mum applied for immigrant visa and my name was there as one of her child, and then it was cancelled wen the immigration people had already approved it. So immediately the lady put in my passport no, it came up on their system. So, she was asking me, why I appiled and cancelled it. So it looked suspicious. So she kept consulting her colleagues and after dat asked me some questions which I can't even remember the answers and told me she can't give me. She just gave me my i-20 and my passport.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cophild: 11:02am On Dec 15, 2011
@ebele if u had posted ur experience,d guys ll b able to knw where d flaws came from, Truth b told, u applyin for an immigrant visa and cancelling it on ur own shouldn't b suspicious cos it only shows ur family decided not to settle in the US anymore cos u got better tins to do back Ome, To me it shld even b a merit to U and not a demerit, So ur interview exp ll indeed help people to help U!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 15, 2011
@cophild the interview went like this:
Vo: why are u going to US?
Me: to study
Vo: Have u ever travelled out?
Me: no, no reason till now.
Vo: why now?
Me: because the school I am going to has a course format that go in depth in to the specific aspects of business administration I want to have expertise in such as management and organisation, human resource management
Vo:u filed for an immigrant visa?
Me: no ( at that point, I didn't remember my mum's stuff).
Vo: it says so right here dat u filed and that the petition was cancelled, why was it cancelled?
Mesadlooking really confused) I am not aware of any petition filed on my behalf and any cancellation.
At this point, she turned oFf her mike and went to consult with two of her colleagues.
Vo: why do u want to study in US and not nigeria?
Me:I am interested in a different veiw and approach to business administration which I may not get here in nigeria because of the type of curriculum and system of education we have here. I am interested in business organisation in america and how successful they are eg the govt
Vo: the government is not a business organisation (I blundered here)and who told u that business in america are successful?
Me: I did research on the internet.
Vo:name the website?
Me: I can't really remember (truly I can't)
Vo: who is sponsoring u?
Me: my cuz
Vo: why?
Me: because we are very close, we grew up together, she is family.
Vo: where does she live?
Me: philadelphia
Vo: wat does she do?
Me: she is a medical doc, works for jefferson memorial hospital.
Vo: u have a sister in us?
Me: yes
Vo: where does she leave?
Me: houston
Vo: typing some things, why was the pettion cancelled?
Me: no reply
Vo: I am sorry but I can't issue u a visa at this point.
She gave me my i-20 with out the SEVIS receipt. I asked her if I can applied again, she said yes but it doesn't mean dat the decision the next time will change. I said ok and left

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 2:00pm On Dec 15, 2011
Square65:

Ebele,

I am surprised that your SEVIS receipt had to be withheld or is there anyone in the house who has experienced same?

You can call the embassy to verify it was not a mistake to withhold your receipt.

Meanwhile, you don't need to pay for another SEVIS fee. Even if your sch's issuing a new I-20 your SEVIS ID remains the same, since it's the same school. So print the online receipt which is ok for the interview.

On a different note, pls share your experience so that you and others can learn from it.

@House, maybe we should make it a house rule: Anybody who wants some help/advice from the house should share his/her experience. "No share, no ear"

and you, yes you you! we are expecting a BIG TESTIMONY in six days and counting *wink*

@square,

cool Almighty God Nikan Noni!

@ebele,

Your mum along side the whole family wanted to migrate before, your sister or cousin is currently working in Philadelphia as a med doctor, I guess after her studies there and you too are about going on the ground of study. . . .  Every statement portray you a potential immigrant. Just know the reason(s) your mum cancelled that petition and use that to convince any VO next time and pray God should let them overlook those records. As per your SEVIS reciept, I guess it was by mistake they are still with it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 15, 2011
@suquare u are right. Wen I came home and tot about it. I was more or less like that was wat the Vo would think. My sis is there, my cuz is there, my mum filed for immigrant visa and cancelled and not up to 3months after that, I am going for studies. You are so right, but how do I convince dem that I am not migrating? I am even engaged and my hubby is fully based here altho we haven't done any trad or wedding.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 2:22pm On Dec 15, 2011
Ooops! your sis, your cos, your mum just last 3 months and now, you! My sister, you know you were engaged to your hubby when your mum filed and included you. So the issue of your relationship may not make any effect but nothing is impossible for God. At this stage, you got no choice than to go with God on your side, It is possible.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by dexterousg: 7:27pm On Dec 15, 2011
@all,
i saw 20 march today on the appointment calender but i didnt select it because i reckon i might get an earlier date if i keep on trying.Does anyone think i could get a date in Jan or Feb?my visa class is b2 .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Square65: 9:35pm On Dec 15, 2011
feeling lazy to scroll back, pls cld someone quickly scribble down for me, steps for applying for an expedited date? want to hlp a frnd out.

useful comments will be deeply appreciated. thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ekundayomi: 10:42pm On Dec 15, 2011
Not now people we have come a long way, Part one was 312 Pages, its not a joke.
we shouldnt downgrade ourselfs here, let there be peace so we could hear more success stories,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Apama1: 4:29am On Dec 16, 2011
Please can any one tell me Questions that can Possibly be asked when you get to the Us Embassy trying to get a Student Visa, thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 7:05am On Dec 16, 2011
Apama1:

Please can any one tell me Questions that can Possibly be asked when you get to the Us Embassy trying to get a Student Visa, thanks

My friend no one will tell you that, because all you need is in here. What you need do is to work hard on this thread by scrolling to the previous pages to study what the people who got and who didn't get their visa went through. For goodness sake that's the reason why this thread was created and not for people looking for already baked cake.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rkarang: 8:24am On Dec 16, 2011
I suggest yhu tryna rehearse the visa FAQ. I guess yhu were nervous during the interview, don't be carried away, pay proper attention such as knowing the right time for yall turn.
Don't forget to create GOOD IMPRESSION, the VO only has few minutes to spend wt yhu creating this will add more to yall chances of getting visa approval. Wishing yhu goodluck in yall next appointment! lol dude!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rkarang: 8:47am On Dec 16, 2011
@destiny I suggest yhu tryna rehearse the visa FAQ. I guess yhu were nervous during the interview, don't be carried away, pay proper attention such as knowing the right time for yall turn.
Don't forget to create GOOD IMPRESSION, the VO only has few minutes to spend wt yhu creating this will add more to yall chances of getting visa approval. Wishing yhu goodluck in yall next appointment! lol dude!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by keneyinks: 10:01am On Dec 16, 2011
@ teach me i cant get any available date for jan, I would have done it myself if i can. Pls buzz me on this line i will call you back asap 07055030404. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by mydestiny2: 12:10pm On Dec 16, 2011
thanks rkarang.
now dat i av been denied, what good reason can i giv the next vo for my previous denial
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by GboyegaD(m): 1:52am On Dec 17, 2011
Imperiouxx,
I look forward to reading your success story next week Wednessday. You have helped many people with information that got them their visa and I pray you get the reward of your good works.

Everyone, how was your semester?

As for me, this semester was a bit tiring particularly the mid term thing and term papers. Finals too was just one week but thank God the semester is over. Looking forward to checking my grades anytime from Saturday afternoon though I have fears over one of my finals and I hope to make a B because I cannot afford to wait another year to retake the class.

Above all, it is a wonderful experience studying here though the grades are high and the exams are a bit tasking but one thing I can assure you is that it helps you understand as you do not need to cram because all questions are application of your understanding of concepts.

To as many who share the dream of coming to the US to study, I wish you well in your admission and Visa processing.

Finally as for funding, God is always faithful. Even if you seem not to have enough, come over and things would always work out for you. Remeber, once there is a will, there sure would be a way.
Regards,

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by slymkid: 9:03am On Dec 17, 2011
Hello guys,
I was denied visa at the abuja embassy this month dec3 and dat was my first time. i think the denial was based on because i applied †̥☹ a community college but i already hold an OND.
So now A̶̲̥̅♏ planning on applying †̥☹ a university F̶̲̅Õ̳͡я̅ summer admission and i have already shortlisted some schools( kansas state university and tennessee state university), i will βε̲̣̣ submitting my supporting application next week,

1. please i just wanna know ΨђåƮ are my chances of getting the visa this time

,2. can i get a visa F̶̲̅Õ̳͡я̅ applying F̶̲̅Õ̳͡я̅ summer addmission cause most guy apply F̶̲̅Õ̳͡я̅ fall and spring

3. do i need †̥☹ pay another gtb visa fees because the receipt i use earlier F̶̲̅Õ̳͡я̅ denial wasn't returned †̥☹ M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ ,
Guys M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ need your reponse badly,
But i had a friend who got his visa F̶̲̅Õ̳͡я̅ applying †̥☹ the same college and now he is in texas, i think he was just lucky †̥☹ have a nice VO that interviewed him.

Still waiting for response oooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 17, 2011
Please does anyone know the phone number for US embassy in lagos here. As in the number I can call for enquiries. Thanks y'all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Square65: 11:57am On Dec 17, 2011
slymkid:

Hello guys,
I was denied visa at the abuja embassy this month dec3 and dat was my first time. i think the denial was based on because i applied †̥☹ a community college but i already hold an OND.
So now A̶̲̥̅♏ planning on applying †̥☹ a university F̶̲̅Õ̳͡я̅ summer admission and i have already shortlisted some schools( kansas state university and tennessee state university), i will βε̲̣̣ submitting my supporting application next week,

1. please i just wanna know ΨђåƮ are my chances of getting the visa this time

,2. can i get a visa F̶̲̅Õ̳͡я̅ applying F̶̲̅Õ̳͡я̅ summer addmission cause most guy apply F̶̲̅Õ̳͡я̅ fall and spring

3. do i need †̥☹ pay another gtb visa fees because the receipt i use earlier F̶̲̅Õ̳͡я̅ denial wasn't returned †̥☹ M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ ,
Guys M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ need your reponse badly,
But i had a friend who got his visa F̶̲̅Õ̳͡я̅ applying †̥☹ the same college and now he is in texas, i think he was just lucky †̥☹ have a nice VO that interviewed him.

Still waiting for response oooo

Please post your experience.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Square65: 12:03pm On Dec 17, 2011
ebele17:

Please does anyone know the phone number for US embassy in lagos here. As in the number I can call for enquiries. Thanks y'all

For as many as who are interested for US visa inquiries: Customer care # is 09-4601748.

For visa interview schedule, have the following details ready at hand before making your call:

- Passport #
- email address
- MRV receipt #
- DS 160 confirmation code

To save your time, number options in sequence, after dialing the number above, are

4 - To choose your country of residence (Nigeria), then
1 - to indicate your type of visa (non-immigrant), and then
1 - to speak with an agent about interview schedule

,  An excerpt from the old thread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by dexterousg: 9:57pm On Dec 17, 2011
Do u think by calling to schedule an interview,one might get an earlier date rather than to shedule online?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by totful: 6:12am On Dec 18, 2011
Hi Nairaland,
Just have a question if any one can help me to anwer it.
My wife has a valid multiple entry (tourist) visa and has visited the U.S once, but I would want her to change to F2, to join me.

Now, is there a risk that she might lose her tourist (valid) visa if she is denied the F2 visa? Any one with similar experience, kindly share.

Thanks for ur replies
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by webstradamus: 12:08pm On Dec 18, 2011
totful:

Hi Nairaland,
Just have a question if any one can help me to anwer it.
My wife has a valid multiple entry (tourist) visa and has visited the U.S once, but I would want her to change to F2, to join me.

Now, is there a risk that she might lose her tourist (valid) visa if she is denied the F2 visa? Any one with similar experience, kindly share.

Thanks for your replies

subscribing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Apama1: 8:43am On Dec 19, 2011
Sup guys, what do I possibly need from my dad when going to the embassy if he is the one sponsoring me, thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Square65: 9:31am On Dec 19, 2011
Apama1:

Sup guys, what do I possibly need from my dad when going to the embassy if he is the one sponsoring me, thanks

Aside his statement of account, NOTHING.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.