Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,696 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (212202 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 6:42pm On Dec 21, 2011
Yea, thanks guys. The issue is how it will sound being rejected in abuja for the first time and head to lagos for the next attempt though much convenient for me in lagos. What you guys see about that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 6:55pm On Dec 21, 2011
@my destiny,

Nah, that statement is to create the impression that I'm coming back but not to start my own research in their country. How would it sounds if I didn't start by saying that?

VO's mind: so you wanted to look for that job in the US.

Good observation though but nothing wrong starting with that. The lady wasn't just giving ni thats why she didn't collect any document and thats why I said better luck next time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by aroy1: 7:06pm On Dec 21, 2011
imperiouxx

You know you will not return after your studies. So does the VO. In that case, all you need is to prove that you will be valuable in their country and see if they buy it.
Finished!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 8:54pm On Dec 21, 2011
@imperiox

Omo sorry bout that , and i think lagos is issuing now .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 21, 2011
aroy1:

imperiouxx

Any prospective graduate student that writes and gets a good GRE score has increased their chance of success. Even if it is waived for you, go ahead and write it. Why?

1) It costs about 40K naira. This shows that you have extra money.
2) Getting good scores in the exam proves that you are, at least 60%, a genuine student.

By the way, GRE was also waived for me. Why did you remove your interview post?

If you are an intending grad student . . . ALWAYS ALWAYS take the GRE. It is harder to deny you if you present excellent GRE scores, transcripts (first class makes a diff) and scholarships or fellowships. your command of the spoken english also matters.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 10:00pm On Dec 21, 2011
@davidland

why rent high , how much is a room per month
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kaycome: 10:12pm On Dec 21, 2011
Please i need your response. I want to ask anyone that have register for GRE exam online before if it is still possible to register online using credit card cos i check their site and i saw there that Nigerian are exempt from the online registration. I will prefer to register online cos it cost just $190(30k) compare with some1 registering with the prometric center. i need more light on it as i will to ask a friend from USA to do that for me as soon as possible. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by aroy1: 10:18pm On Dec 21, 2011
If their website says credit card registration is impossible for examinees in Nigeria, then there is no way around it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Apama1: 11:49pm On Dec 21, 2011
Please I need to know what to do, Because I made a Mistake in my Previous Ds form and I have already booked an Appointment with it, I don't know if I fill another ds form and add it to my profile it will affect me some how or what can I do to correct the Mistake on the previous one, thanks, I will appreciate your response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by jummy234: 12:24am On Dec 22, 2011
@imperiouxx I'm so sorry abt the non issuance of ur visa but dont be detered as i know u are not. I couldn't read your interview with the vo but i also had the same problem with the lady at window 7 and that was my first time too. i reapplied to lagos becos i reside in lagos and i wasn't asked why i chose lagos  at the interview but if i had been asked i would have told them i had a family function during that period so i knew i was going to in abuja  hence my application being in abj.so i dont think reapplying to lagos should be a problem.Good Luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by KayDee4: 1:14am On Dec 22, 2011
kaycome:

Please i need your response. I want to ask anyone that have register for GRE exam online before if it is still possible to register online using credit card cos i check their site and i saw there that Nigerian are exempt from the online registration. I will prefer to register online cos it cost just $190(30k) compare with some1 registering with the prometric center. i need more light on it as i will to ask a friend from USA to do that for me as soon as possible. Thanks

try here : https://securereg3.prometric.com

@Imperiouxx : your responses in the interview sound okay to me. Apart from the GRE issue, I can't think of any other reason why she might have denied you. If you still have time, take the GRE and try again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by GboyegaD(m): 6:06am On Dec 22, 2011
kaycome:

Kay-Dee:

try here : https://securereg3.prometric.com

@Imperiouxx : your responses in the interview sound okay to me. Apart from the GRE issue, I can't think of any other reason why she might have denied you. If you still have time, take the GRE and try again.

Kaycome, you can register the GRE online although I don't know if you can from Nigeria but I still registered 2 of my friends here last week and one wrote his yesterday and the other will be writing his next week Tuesday. The site is what kay-dee gave you but you can start from the GRE website. That is about the 3rd page on the site when you start your registration process. Feel free to post your response if you still encounter challenges and we will take it from there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by GboyegaD(m): 6:09am On Dec 22, 2011
imperiouxx:

Yea, I was denied by the lady in window 7 for the reason no one could say but I guess not a better luck this time. The down fall of a man isn't the end of his life. Thanks all. Posting the exp soon.

So sorry to hear you were denied but please, do not hesitate to reapply. Better luck next time my brother. You've got all it takes to study here and I wish to see you at this end. When are you likely reapplying? If it is going to take a while then, you can quickly apply and write the GRE if otherwise, no problems.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by d2ees: 3:24pm On Dec 22, 2011
Please anyone studying in Michigan or intending to travel to Michigan by Dec. 29?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by WARYZ(m): 6:41pm On Dec 22, 2011
HEY PPLE,REMEMBA ME?my admission has been deferd nd my i20 is having another sevis number,does that mean that i have to pay another sevis fee?i paid the sevis this august,nd i learnt that it lasts for 1 yr.fast responses plssssssssss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kaycome: 7:44pm On Dec 22, 2011
@Gboyega and kay dee thanks for your response. please after the registration will i pay the prometric center any commission for writing there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by KayDee4: 8:40pm On Dec 22, 2011
kaycome:

@Gboyega and kay dee thanks for your response. please after the registration will i pay the prometric center any commission for writing there?

Nah, u dont have to pay anything @ d venue.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kaycome: 7:38pm On Dec 23, 2011
@ kaydee thanks mehn
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by DonTydee: 10:51am On Dec 24, 2011
@pido101: it doesn't matter the address on your SEVIS fee. If you filled in your application that you dont have any family in US, better stick with it. It was the case with me but I still got my visa. No relative and my SEVIS was paid with US address. If they ask tell them its a friend but they likely wont ask cos they know you cant pay it from Nigeria. CHEERS in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by BigJakie: 1:03pm On Dec 24, 2011
All these VOz are extremely mean, i prefer the black ones, the whites can be really scary
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Tosinville(m): 6:56pm On Dec 24, 2011
Ha! imperiouxx don too try for this thread than make dem no give am visa o!, visa na lucky o not how perfect you are.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 7:30pm On Dec 24, 2011
^^^ sure mehn, luck plays a major role when you come across a wrong VO but if a reasonable VO, then your perfection plays much. Well, life goes on.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by dotman2(m): 10:10pm On Dec 25, 2011
hi guys, pls does anyone knw  d reason why an emergency appmt could be denied. A frnd's request just got denied. Thanx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Apama1: 10:21pm On Dec 25, 2011
Please, I need to know where to go about paying my Sevis fee and the address thanks, and I want to know if they will be Opened tomorrow, thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rkarang: 10:44pm On Dec 25, 2011
@ Imperiouxx I must say you did well during the interview but you also need to make obj evaluation of what you've posted.
Just like the VO said, GRE is not the pro but probably your last answer.
The question was: what are you gonna do wt it? Suggestion: To get a satisfying job in Nigeria (2) To get a better job in Nigeria (3) To establish, what personal passion you have for the course (4) To add more to my chances of getting promotion etc.
You don;t have to go into details, if necessary the VO will DEFINITELY ask you. For example you were not asked whether u're on study leave bla bla bla. Does this make a difference?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by dotman2(m): 9:08am On Dec 26, 2011
dot_man:

hi guys, pls does anyone knw  d reason why an emergency appmt could be denied. A frnd's request just got denied. Thanx
GUYS PLS ANSWER THIS QUESTION. . .are we supposed to submit/upload a file like a copy of i-20?, did we do something wrong? hw many times can we try the emergency thing? pls somebody should just guide us on hw to do it, thanx.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ekundayomi: 10:46am On Dec 26, 2011
1.why you select this university ?
2.what is the california or (xyz) university ??
3.how many university have u applied ??
4.why you select this university ??
5.what about other university ??
6.what was your grad ??
7.who is sponsoring you ??
8.what is your financial background ??
9.how will you survive over there ??

This 9 questions are important for any F1 visa.

But 1 question is also important that is ask rarely

10.what is your GRE/GMAT score ?? OK Best of luck to all F1 students. Prepare to these question which is important for F1 visa ,

ALL THIS QUESTIONS NEEDS ANSWER PLZZZZZZ MATES

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ekundayomi: 12:23pm On Dec 26, 2011
jeffobodo:

please house a friend of mine is having problems accessing his portal on ustraveldocs.com for interview schedule,he used a wrong user name instead of using yahoo.com he used rocketmail.com,andhe cant access his account cos he forgot the password.pleasewhat can he do, HELP

Rocketmail is the same thing with yahoo.com all u need to do is go to forgotten password when u are asked for ur ID you type , @rocketmail.com that should help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Gbenge77(m): 1:30pm On Dec 26, 2011
ekundayomi:

Rocketmail is the same thing with yahoo.com all u need to do is go to forgotten password when u are asked for your ID you type , @rocketmail.com that should help
the password will be sent to his e mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by WARYZ(m): 3:05pm On Dec 26, 2011
Pple pls answer me fast now.am askin dis 4 d second time.
HEY PPLE,REMEMBA ME?my admission has been deferd nd my i20 is having another sevis number,does that mean that i have to pay another sevis fee?i paid the sevis this august,nd i learnt that it lasts for 1 yr.fast responses plssssssssss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kaycome: 4:23pm On Dec 26, 2011
@waryz from my own understanding you dont need to pay another sevis fee again. have you contacted your skool about the stuff? maybe they intentionally change your sevis number. you need to know why they change the stuff.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101)

Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa / Where Are Nigerians In Australia .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.