Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,034 members, 7,863,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:26 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (213399 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 1:02pm On Jan 18, 2012
Was denied a second time o. Pls,if u were denied b4,make sure u stick to ur previous answers,cos that was wat caused my denial. THEY HAVE UR INITIAL RESPONSES ON THEIR SYSTEM O. At the end,d consular advised me to continue my studies here in naija. I asked her if i can apply for masters n she said "if u wnt 2".lol,wat do u guys think?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by naggy: 1:08pm On Jan 18, 2012
@speartaker the reason for your denial is very OBVIOUS. If I were the consular I would deny you right away without even bothering to go any further in the interview. I'm sorry I just have to be honest. How do you wanna come to the US just to study for a course of 8 weeks?? You might as well have applied for a tourist visa. Jesus!!! That portrays you as someone who's very desperate to leave the country under the premise of a student visa. There's no better explanation for your rejection than this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by pointalert: 1:21pm On Jan 18, 2012
@speartaker

Sorry about that but your denial was very obvious even though u had an advantage but u were unable to utilize it. " Attending same school with the VO".
Your major reasons for ur denial are:
4 wks prog/ is it a professional course or something? - how na? Means u wanna scale
You mentioning not a permanent job - u miss it out here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 1:25pm On Jan 18, 2012
Sorry to hear this last two comments

speartaker:

vo: so how come u wana study a degree program 4 2wks ?
Me: i already hv a preliminary knolege on dat cuz i hv wrkd  in bla bla bla
vo: so why dont u continue in dat job?
Me: it wasnt a permanent job, i waz jst an intern

vo: (interupts again) u hvnt given me enof reason dat u will return after studies, im sorry

na so d tin go oh. Althoug i suspect the stattis cuz they were poor. Not fat. Pls i need to reapply.  And wat do u think abt d interview?

The bold part could be associated to the denial. Apart from the fact that the course is just for few weeks, imagine I told you I don't have a permanent job in Nigeria, how would I later convinced you I won't be coming here seeking instant job but to school?

cleverdude:

Was denied a second time o. Pls,if u were denied b4,make sure u stick to your previous answers,cos that was wat caused my denial. THEY HAVE your INITIAL RESPONSES ON THEIR SYSTEM O. At the end,d consular advised me to continue my studies here in naija. I asked her if i can apply for masters n she said "if u wnt 2".lol,wat do u guys think?

Clever, check my quote down there about your response to why were you denied and what you stand upon in your next interview. Your consistency matters during your interview.

imperiouxx:

@clever,

I stated in my ds160 while filling another one that I don't know why I was denied even after giving the interview my best shot and stating clearly that I'm coming to go into my sickle cell research. You have ready answered that question in your new ds160, they can only bring it up again during the interview. Best of luck sha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 1:49pm On Jan 18, 2012
@mr imperiouxx let me break it down 4 u:
i said my uncle is my sponsor,while i stated my cousin as sponsor initially(if u cn remember),cos i wasnt able to get two statmnts 2 back it up as u mentioned. @house,i dont knw if i should follow d word of d VO,or apply again 4 fall(3rd time) undecided will post my experience shortly,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by mamasy: 2:38pm On Jan 18, 2012
please does anyone know how one can work with an embassy in Nigeria.
feels like, its so tight to even submit ones cv in any of the embassies
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 2:56pm On Jan 18, 2012
My experience:
me:gud morning ma'am
vo:gud morning,
i cn c u were denied last yr
me:yes ma'am
vo:were is ur skul?
me:sorry
vo:were is ur skul?
Me:elkins,west virginia
vo:hw did u knw abt dis skul
me:i did a googl search n came across a website called petersons.com
vo:y did u choose dis skul
me:it's student/faculty ratio is perfect,givin me advantage for good interacxn with lecturers,i'm also in the research going on in my skul on d human dna
vo:k,which oda skuls did u apply?
Me:told her d 2 unis
vo:hw did u knw abt em
me:also frm d google search,then petersons.com
vo:let me av ur waec
mesadpasses it to her)
vo:a min pls(took it n went inside 4 abt 2.5 mins,came out,n kept it aside) u studying for biology,
Mesadcompletes it 4 her)biological sciences
vo:hw will u pay 4 ur studies
mesaddis is d bedrock of everything,i said my cousin is my sponsor initially,d house oposed it,saying it was wrong that i would av used uncle,i used uncle dis tym)my uncle is sponsoring my program study,while my mum is paying 4 d flight(i said this because of my ds-160 info)
vo:let me have ur bank statement,cos u said a different thing last time
mesadpassed d statement stapled with d reference letter)
vosadtook it,read d reference letter thoroughly,checked d statement of acc,page after page,this has taken almost 2 mins,went outside,came out,its almost 3 mins nw) okay, (went inside again,came out,nw 4 mins) unfortunately,u do nt qualify 4 a visa. I think u should continue ur studies here in nigeria
me:k,can stil apply 4 masters
vo:if u wnt to
mesadleft)

@house,say something!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 3:24pm On Jan 18, 2012
cleverdude:

My experience:
me:gud morning ma'am
vo:gud morning,
i cn c u were denied last yr
me:yes ma'am
vo:were is your skul?
me:sorry
vo:were is your skul?
Me:elkins,west virginia
vo:hw did u knw abt dis skul
me:i did a googl search n came across a website called petersons.com
vo:y did u choose dis skul
me:it's student/faculty ratio is perfect,givin me advantage for good interacxn with lecturers,i'm also in the research going on in my skul on d human dna
vo:k,which oda skuls did u apply?
Me:told her d 2 unis
vo:hw did u knw abt em
me:also frm d google search,then petersons.com
vo:let me av your waec
mesadpasses it to her)
vo:a min pls(took it n went inside 4 abt 2.5 mins,came out,n kept it aside) u studying for biology,
Mesadcompletes it 4 her)biological sciences
vo:hw will u pay 4 your studies
mesaddis is d bedrock of everything,i said my cousin is my sponsor initially,d house oposed it,saying it was wrong that i would av used uncle,i used uncle dis tym)my uncle is sponsoring my program study,while my mum is paying 4 d flight(i said this because of my ds-160 info)
vo:let me have your bank statement,cos u said a different thing last time
mesadpassed d statement stapled with d reference letter)
vosadtook it,read d reference letter thoroughly,checked d statement of acc,page after page,this has taken almost 2 mins,went outside,came out,its almost 3 mins nw) okay, (went inside again,came out,nw 4 mins) unfortunately,u do nt qualify 4 a visa. I think u should continue your studies here in nigeria
me:k,can stil apply 4 masters
vo:if u wnt to
mesadleft)

@house,say something!

It feels sad to read about your refusal. In your interview it is obvious that its the issue of sponsorship that didn't work well for you. The V0 became suspicious of you because you changed Sponsor. Even the part that your Uncle is paying for your programme and your mom is paying for your flight doesn't sound logical, but as at the time you came here to ask question on that, it was few minutes to your interview, so I didn't had any choice than to encourage to go for your interview and say it that way when asked.

Point to note:

How come did the VO tell you to go and continue with your studies here in Nigeria? Are you a fresh undergraduate or transfer student?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by pointalert: 3:26pm On Jan 18, 2012
@cleverdude,

From my own point of view, is not about cousin/uncle sponsoring issue: Note, she went in 2x or 3x from what you just said. This shows that you were not consistent, you gave her reasons to doubt you with the previous comments you made during your lst denial.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by speartaker: 3:31pm On Jan 18, 2012
So house, wat shud i do now cuz i wud like to reapply? Shud i wait till after 3months, 6months or look for an ED since my resumption date is still far? I need to knw cuz i ve already paid d part payment of my fees. And by d way, wat i applied for waz an M-1 visa not F-1. Pls talk to me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 3:45pm On Jan 18, 2012
pointalert:

@speartaker

Sorry about that but your denial was very obvious even though u had an advantage but u were unable to utilize it. " Attending same school with the VO".
Your major reasons for your denial are:
4 wks prog/ is it a professional course or something? - how na? Means u wanna scale
You mentioning not a permanent job - u miss it out here

naggy:

@speartaker the reason for your denial is very OBVIOUS. If I were the consular I would deny you right away without even bothering to go any further in the interview. I'm sorry I just have to be honest. How do you wanna come to the US just to study for a course of 8 weeks?? You might as well have applied for a tourist visa. Jesus!!! That portrays you as someone who's very desperate to leave the country under the premise of a student visa. There's no better explanation for your rejection than this.

@ Naggy
You just hammered the point finish.

@speartaker
How can you apply for a programme of 8 weeks? When people were advised here not to even apply to a College of two years duration. I doubt if you even mentioned here that the duration of your studies is 2 months/ 8 weeks, I am sure you would have been guided accordingly.

I think what you should do now, is to look for schools that offer your interested major and apply for a university degree programme. By the way are going for Undergraduate or Masters studies? Best of Luck next time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by aroy1: 3:54pm On Jan 18, 2012
speartaker If US missions believe that students going for 208 weeks will not return after their studies, do you think they will for someone going for just 8 weeks?

cleverdude If you do decide to interview at the US embassy again, or at other places, read and learn about how to give consistent info. You do this by giving as little information as possible, providing answers that are related to the questions and which do not lead to further questions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 4:18pm On Jan 18, 2012
deevick246:

It feels sad to read about your refusal. In your interview it is obvious that its the issue of sponsorship that didn't work well for you. The V0 became suspicious of you because you changed Sponsor. Even the part that your Uncle is paying for your programme and your mom is paying for your flight doesn't sound logical, but as at the time you came here to ask question on that, it was few minutes to your interview, so I didn't had any choice than to encourage to go for your interview and say it that way when asked.

Point to note:

How come did the VO tell you to go and continue with your studies here in Nigeria? Are you a fresh undergraduate or transfer student?
i'm going 4 bachelors. I'm still confused,still avnt figured out d mystery behind dat interview.
aroy1:

speartaker If US missions disbelieve that students going for 208 weeks will not return after their studies, do you think they will for someone just going for 8 weeks?

cleverdude If you do decide to interview at the US embassy again, or at other places, read and learn about how to give consistent info. You do this by giving as little information as possible, providing answers that are related to the questions and which do do not lead to further questions.
what specific idea to av as to y d vo made d statement "I THINK U SHOULD COMPLETE UR STUDIES HERE IN NIG",moreover,i'm goin 4 undergraduate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by aroy1: 4:25pm On Jan 18, 2012
cleverdude It was another way of telling you that she was refusing your visa application.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kidUrbane: 11:34pm On Jan 18, 2012
@cleverdude,
Sorry about your delay, thats what it is, I'd like to say some few things though, your inconsistency played a major role, The first time I applied for a U.S visa I indicated my Uncle as my sponsor but after my denial soon my Dad picked up in Finances and He was ready to sponsor my U.S education.I had to change my sponsor .1. because people said I was denied because my uncle was sponsoring my education that they probably didnt see why my Uncle would want to pay such an amount to sponsor my education(but that wasnt why I was denied, I was denied because my Uncle had insufficient amount in his bank statement) but people that believed they had more experience than I had then, told me I was denied because My Uncle was sponsoring. I finally changed my sponsor and The second time too I was refused, You can still reapply bro, I've read of people getting theirs after the 6th application I pray yours wouldnt be like that, this time just make sure your last info corresponds with the one you'll be providing for the new application, Dont give up bro,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 6:15am On Jan 19, 2012
My school just terminated my admission o,because of my denial. I'm planning on applying to another school,and going to lagos embassy this time,what u guys think? IT'S OBVIOUS THAT THIS THREAD IS NOW WEAK,IF NOT,MY MISTAKE WOULD HAVE BEEN CORRECTED LONG AGO. sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by speartaker: 7:26am On Jan 19, 2012
Now guys, i really do think i knw d exact reasons why i waz denied. 1. I didnt creat a strong tie to convince d v.o dat i am gonna com bck upon completion of studies. 2. My sponsor's Bank statti waz poor. Cuz it waz a day b4 my interview dat i got it and only to find out dat his current balance is 500k. And dis d major reason why i waz denied. Cuz if d v.o waznt interested in dat bank statement,he wudnt hav pickd my own personal bank statii despite d fact dat he didnt ask for it. Why i think u should advice me to go ahead is cuz i hv a friend who passed tru dis same pattern to go too,dat waz sept last year. So tell me, if i can get a good tie and a fat acc. then i knw i am getting my visa. I need ya views,everybody talk to me, wer r u imperioux,adebyte i need ya advice. Pls house my sch resumes march 12. Shud i go for ED, wait awhile or wat?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 8:40am On Jan 19, 2012
@speartaker,change ur skul man,u studying 4 2 weeks is really a bad tie. NL IS WEAK THESE DAYS!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by speartaker: 8:55am On Jan 19, 2012
No, not 2wks. Its 2 months
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 9:02am On Jan 19, 2012
speartaker:

Now guys, i really do think i knw d exact reasons why i waz denied. 1. I didnt creat a strong tie to convince d v.o dat i am gonna com bck upon completion of studies.  2. My sponsor's Bank statti waz poor.  Cuz it waz a day b4 my interview dat i got it and only to find out dat  his current balance is 500k. And dis d major reason why i waz denied. Cuz if d v.o waznt interested in dat bank statement,he wudnt hav pickd my own personal bank statii despite d fact dat he didnt ask for it. Why i think u should advice me to go ahead is cuz i hv a friend who passed tru dis same pattern to go too,dat waz sept last year. So tell me, if i can get a good tie and a fat acc. then i knw i am getting my visa. I need ya views,everybody talk to me, wer r u imperioux,adebyte i need ya advice. Pls house my sch resumes march 12. Shud i go for ED, wait awhile or wat?

You already told them at the embassy you don't have a permanent job,
vo: so why dont u continue in dat        job?
Me: it wasnt a permanent job, i             waz jst an intern

So what is the essence of your travel? To get a US training that will help you to easily loose your job. I guess you screwed it from that line. Well, there is no harm in trying but I will advise you take the VO position and ask another person to take your side of the post and see if you'll give the person a visa for an 8 wks program with your exact responses. If you have a better way you feel you can repackage yourself for a second try then you can go ahead.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by OLADELES: 9:40am On Jan 19, 2012
I graduated with cgpa 3.56 on a scale of 5 in Economics and i want to go for my masters in economics in USA.I need list of affordable schools dat do not require gre for admission.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 12:58pm On Jan 19, 2012
speartaker:

Now guys, i really do think i knw d exact reasons why i waz denied. 1. I didnt creat a strong tie to convince d v.o dat i am gonna com bck upon completion of studies. 2. My sponsor's Bank statti waz poor. Cuz it waz a day b4 my interview dat i got it and only to find out dat his current balance is 500k. And dis d major reason why i waz denied. Cuz if d v.o waznt interested in dat bank statement,he wudnt hav pickd my own personal bank statii despite d fact dat he didnt ask for it. Why i think u should advice me to go ahead is cuz i hv a friend who passed tru dis same pattern to go too,dat waz sept last year. So tell me, if i can get a good tie and a fat acc. then i knw i am getting my visa. I need ya views,everybody talk to me, wer r u imperioux,adebyte i need ya advice. Pls house my sch resumes march 12. Shud i go for ED, wait awhile or wat?

How can a poor account suddenly becomes fat with few months? Think twice. Your friend's case is now different from yours. Best of luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by williams20(m): 1:10pm On Jan 19, 2012
great nairalanders. Will be going 4 my interview again soon. Studying biomed eng. Undergraduate. Lagos cons. How best can i convince VO cos i wrote SSCE in 07. My mail is : cephastherock22@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 1:48pm On Jan 19, 2012
OLADELES:

I graduated with cgpa 3.56 on a scale of 5 in Economics and i want to go  for my masters in economics in USA.I need list of affordable schools dat do not require gre for admission.thanks

Though I risked not writing it but I will advise you to write it so that you add more + to your chance of getting your visa. Try it and see how you'll have rest of mind before,during and after you interview. Moreover, your GPA is lower level of 2.1 and VO who doesn't care about what effort you put in to have it might think that's a common effort.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 2:48pm On Jan 19, 2012
Anyone that feels like I should help him/her and add me for a private chatting, should please not conceal things from me and stop evading my questions inasmuch you want me to help you embarassed . I'm good with myself and my studies here, I don't need extracting your info because I can't go to two schools at a time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Kreamie(m): 3:30pm On Jan 19, 2012
Oga imperiouxx, How far now? I was denied in november, Not because of any of my documents but because of my response to a particular question, Abeg let's chit chat on YM,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ADEBYTE: 11:02pm On Jan 19, 2012
@speartaker. U had never for once mentioned that u r applying for visa for a two month course. If u had, u would have been reliably advised on what to do. I am sorry once again for your refusal . A very important information to other NL applying for their visas
Is that they should be open as much as possible so that anybody advising can look at it from wider perspectives. FUrther from your refusal,I will strongly advise that u forget about applying for ur visa b4 march.I will further advise u to apply for course with longer duration if possible within the
Same university and request that any money paid be refunded. Also ur persistency matters as well as it relates to the statement u have submitted. Another reason why I strongly advised that u don't apply before march is the current balance on ur statement as it will not be ideal to deposit huge amount into the account and
Take to the embassy within a short period of time.
I hope this helps and all the best in ur future applications
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by naijaobi(m): 12:27am On Jan 20, 2012
@ imperiouxx, wow bro, its nice knowing that u studied biochem here in naija too, Plz i have the following quesitons for u
1. i just graduated from the univ, i studied biochem, wud it be nice to write the GRE exam now?(am yet to serve)
2. Pls which schools wud you advise me to put.
3. Where can i get the Latest GRE materials to study with

Thanks so much in anticipation, smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 12:40am On Jan 20, 2012
naijaobi:

@ imperiouxx, wow bro, its nice knowing that u studied biochem here in naija too, Plz i have the following quesitons for u
1. i just graduated from the univ, i studied biochem, wud it be nice to write the GRE exam now?(am yet to serve)
2. Pls which schools wud you advise me to put.
3. Where can i get the Latest GRE materials to study with

Thanks so much in anticipation, smiley

Great metabolite!

1) You should prepare ahead by writing your gre.
2) Schools in TX, NM, AZ, CO, UT (all south-west US) are better for you.
3) Download the new gre materials fron here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=240241.msg9381300#msg9381300
4) Cheers mate!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by elydrow99(m): 1:29am On Jan 20, 2012
Sup guys? My visa was approved on d 9th Jan and I picked it up on d 16th. Thanks to dis thread n most especially Imperiox. It was a very long n interesting interview as it was very clear d vo enjoyed my company and didint want me to leave his stand. Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 1:43am On Jan 20, 2012
elydrow99:

Sup guys? My visa was approved on d 9th Jan and I picked it up on d 16th. Thanks to dis thread n most especially Imperiox. It was a very long n interesting interview as it was very clear d vo enjoyed my company and didint want me to leave his stand. Lol 

Good to hear this mehn. You are welcome to the states.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Kreamie(m): 7:01am On Jan 20, 2012
@elydrow99

Congratulations on the approval of your VISA, Please Share your experience, Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (101)

General New Zealand Student Enquires / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.