Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,541 members, 7,837,078 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (212846 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 12:23am On Jan 13, 2012
@ Aroy1

I need to say this to your face, you are a captious individual. Please stop throwing yourself around this thread as if you are a saint. This is said not to start a quarrel with you, because everyone here knows you are good at that, but it is rather in order for you to consider your actions here. Peace.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Square65: 1:11am On Jan 13, 2012
Mehn!! dis Aroy1 guy can't be more interesting! I'm beginning to enjoy reading his posts, they make me laugh . . .

Webstradamus don enter yankee tay tay omo olomo! Welcome bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by djunit1(m): 2:49am On Jan 13, 2012
Arroy

Like that post of 2010 stated, I wanted that result so as to correct the mistake WAEC made on my result, You have no point with saying i was gonna go to the embassy with a fake result because my result will get me admission in any Uni, How long did it take you to locate my post of 2010? That is almost 2 years ago and you still had the time to go through all my post to get it out? You have time guy!!!! If you no longer go to school can you not use your time wisely to earn some $$$$?

I seriously see no reason in going 2 years prior to copy one of my posts here, That said, How are you wherever you are?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Goshen360(m): 5:28am On Jan 13, 2012
E ma gba oun ti o da la ye o, meaning dont allow evil reign on earth o. My people, pls stop olu**** as it is called because nemesis might caught up somehow and one becomes enemy of self. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 5:38am On Jan 13, 2012
@ spare,
I'm sure you can go to the embassy without statement if it's because of the strike. My interview at the US embassy Abj was during the period when Union bank staff were on strike and a lady was at the embassy that day, she was asked for her statement she explained that Union was on strike (I can't remember if she also had a newspaper evidence). The VO said they knew and that she could go ahead with her interview and honestly she got her visa. So, personally I feel it's to your advantage.

About the statement
Under the Nigerian law no bank is allowed to release a customer's balance to a third party except Nigerian regulatory authorities like the EFCC, CBN, NDIC and SEC. The best they could do is to confirm that the person in question has an account with the bank. However, because of all the marketing craziness in the Nigerian banking industry about 2 or so banks cooperate with some of these embassies (US embassy not included as at 2010) and they unofficially get the balance info in an untraceable manner that no one can track. That was why embassies like UK and Canada in particular could verify some of these infos. With this in view, even if you use the wrong docs you can never be arrested as there is no existing bilateral agreement in respect of this (bank account info) with any country or embassy. So do not hesitate to go and pick either your passport or 'visaed passport' when called.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by djunit1(m): 5:47am On Jan 13, 2012
phy:

@ spare,
I'm sure you can go to the embassy without statement if it's because of the strike. My interview at the US embassy Abj was during the period when Union bank staff were on strike and a lady was at the embassy that day, she was asked for her statement she explained that Union was on strike (I can't remember if she also had a newspaper evidence). The VO said they knew and that she could go ahead with her interview and honestly she got her visa. So, personally I feel it's to your advantage.

About the statement
Under the Nigerian law no bank is allowed to release a customer's balance to a third party except Nigerian regulatory authorities like the EFCC, CBN, NDIC and SEC. The best they could do is to confirm that the person in question has an account with the bank. However, because of all the marketing craziness in the Nigerian banking industry about 2 or so banks cooperate with some of these embassies (US embassy not included as at 2010) and they unofficially get the balance info in an untraceable manner that no one can track. That was why embassies like UK and Canada in particular could verify some of these infos. With this in view, even if you use the wrong docs you can never be arrested as there is no existing bilateral agreement in respect of this (bank account info) with any country or embassy. So do not hesitate to go and pick either your passport or 'visaed passport' when called.

Thank you for letting us know our Govt still values privacy!!!! There is nothing of such in the country called the US and it pains them when they cant get the info they want!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by justwise(m): 7:51am On Jan 13, 2012
phy:

@ spare,

About the statement
There is no truth in that garbage you just written, you made every single line up

The banks are not giving your info away to the embassy, you have done that already, so i don't know where your argument is heading to.

Its laughable to think that Nigerian govt cares more that our privacy than USA or otherr developed countries.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by speartaker: 7:59am On Jan 13, 2012
@justwise, So wat and wat then can i go wit in place of sponsors bank statement if u say i can go witout d bank statement?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by justwise(m): 8:06am On Jan 13, 2012
speartaker:

@justwise, So wat and wat then can i go wit in place of sponsors bank statement if u say i can go witout d bank statement?

That is not from me, i did not say that to anybody here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by speartaker: 8:17am On Jan 13, 2012
My bad, i waz referrin to phy. Twaz a mistake jstwise. Pls 4giv me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 8:21am On Jan 13, 2012
@Speartaker,are u trying to go 4 ur interview with OLUWOLE? undecidedIf so,I think u should use this strike as an advantage to go 4 ur interview without a bank statement,using d strike as an excuse than going with OLUWOLE,as the yorubas call it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by speartaker: 8:59am On Jan 13, 2012
U r gettin me wrong cleverdude. Wat i mean is, can i get a letter 4rm my sponsor stating the reasons he could not provide d bank statti and other bla bla bla? Or i shud jst go wit only the reference letter given.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 9:45am On Jan 13, 2012
speartaker:

U r gettin me wrong cleverdude. Wat i mean is, can i get a letter 4rm my sponsor stating the reasons he could not provide d bank statti and other bla bla bla? Or i shud jst go wit only the reference letter given.
Remember i told you that i'm as well going for my interview on that 18th JAN. I think this strike can serve as an advantage for us not to provide a bank statii;as 4 me,I'm going with a reference letter and newspaper or online print-out,atesting the national strike. DUDE,STOP FRETTING,THE EMBASSY KNOWS ABOUT THE STRIKE AND ITS EFFECTS.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 9:47am On Jan 13, 2012
During my two visiting to both US embassies, statement of account was rarely asked from applicants unless the VO is contemplating on whether to approve or deny the applicant. At most denies, statement of account is not requested while it is being asked for approve. Verification comes in when there is an argument or the applicant proven hard to break after the VO had shown the impression of denying the applicant. UK & Canada do good documents verification and it's confirmed also US verify documents that look suspicious to them, based on their instincts and the applicant body language. Act of fraudulent should be totally discourage, still we need to know the kind of information we feed people. Someone once posted liars about national ID card and US embassy in Nigeria here www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-759710.0.html not knowing that he was talking from hearsays while I challenged it and made him realise the nonsense he is feeding people with. Those going during this week of strike have the opportunity of not showing their statement of accounts.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 10:06am On Jan 13, 2012
imperiouxx:

During my two visiting to both US embassies, statement of account was rarely asked from applicants unless the VO is comtemplating on whether to approve or deny the applicant. At most denies, statement of account is not requested while it is being asked for approve. Verification comes in when there is an argument or the applicant proven hard to break after the VO had shown the impression of denying the applicant. UK & Canada do good documents verification and it's confirmed also US verify documents that look suspicious to them, based on their instincts and the applicant body language. Act of fraudulent should be totally discourage, still we need to know the kind of information we feed people. Someone once posted liars about national ID card and US embassy in Nigeria here www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-759710.0.html not knowing that he was talking from hearsays while I challenged it and made him realise the nonsense he is feeding people with. Those going during this week of strike have the opportunity of not showing their statement of accounts.
Thank you,Mr Imperiouxx cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by speartaker: 10:58am On Jan 13, 2012
Mr imperioux, God creat u well jare. Pls my sponsor is askin me wat shud be d headin of his reference letter. Pls he is typin it. I need ya reply asap. Thanks cleverdude. We go see there and we must get our visas by fire by force.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by justwise(m): 11:07am On Jan 13, 2012
imperiouxx:

During my two visiting to both US embassies, statement of account was rarely asked from applicants unless the VO is contemplating on whether to approve or deny the applicant. At most denies, statement of account is not requested while it is being asked for approve. Verification comes in when there is an argument or the applicant proven hard to break after the VO had shown the impression of denying the applicant. UK & Canada do good documents verification and it's confirmed also US verify documents that look suspicious to them, based on their instincts and the applicant body language. Act of fraudulent should be totally discourage, still we need to know the kind of information we feed people. Someone once posted liars about national ID card and US embassy in Nigeria here www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-759710.0.html not knowing that he was talking from hearsays while I challenged it and made him realise the nonsense he is feeding people with. Those going during this week of strike have the opportunity of not showing their statement of accounts.

Can you point out any misleading info i have given to anybody here?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 11:41am On Jan 13, 2012
Tufiakwa! Ignorance fit kill person ni. I never knew my sponsor's bank manager had printed out his bank statii early morning monday before the strike became serious. I now have with me my bank statii intact,reference letter and sponsorship letter,except affidavit of sponsorship,which could not be stamped at the law court because of the strike, mtcheww
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 11:58am On Jan 13, 2012
justwise:

Sir,pls what's the guilty conscience about? I think I never saw your username on that comment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by justwise(m): 12:05pm On Jan 13, 2012
cleverdude:

Sir,pls what's the guilty conscience about? I think I never saw your username on that comment.

Here we go again . . . how does my questions/comments on this topic translate to the feeling of guilt?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 12:13pm On Jan 13, 2012
justwise:

@ justwise

Do u know my problem with your comments/posts on visa related matters on NL? is that you often portray yourself as the Consular General/ VO in most cases. For goodness sake you are not. That been said, I even feel you are more grounded in UK visa procedure than the USA visa, and I must state it clear here that both countries visa procedure / issuance / application is not the same.
We are all here to help eachother in achieving the visa collection goal and not to make a mess of peoples intentions.

On the issue of whether the embassy do confirm the genuinety of the documents submitted. This is Nigeria, we are easily influenced by money. Take for instance if the embassy approach a Banker and say we want to employ you as our secret Account confirmation/ verification agent, all you need do for us is to confirm Bank Accounts and nothing more. For this job we would pay you generously, say like 500$ per month, do u think the banker would differ? Because someone I sometimes came across who submitted a non existing Bank Account to the Embassy and the VO said to him,''We (embassy) have got power, we know how things work here, I called your Bank to confirm your Account three times and I was told its forged'' Let's state it clear, its unethical for any Bank to disclose a customer's information to a third party but this is Nigeria anything can happen.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by justwise(m): 12:26pm On Jan 13, 2012
deevick246:

@ justwise

Do u know my problem with your comments/posts on visa related matters on NL? is that you often portray yourself as the Consular General/ VO in most cases. For goodness sake you are not. That been said, I even feel you are more grounded in UK visa procedure than the USA visa, and I must state it clear here that both countries visa procedure / issuance / application is not the same.
We are all here to help eachother in achieving the visa collection goal and not to make a mess of peoples intentions.

On the issue of whether the embassy do confirm the genuinety of the documents submitted. This is Nigeria, we are easily influenced by money. Take for instance if the embassy approach a Banker and say we want to employ you as our secret Account confirmation/ verification agent, all you need do for us is to confirm Bank Accounts and nothing more. For this job we would pay you generously, say like 500$ per month, do u think the banker would differ? Because someone I sometimes came across who submitted a non existing Bank Account to the Embassy and the VO said to him,''We (embassy) have got power, we know how things work here, I called your Bank to confirm your Account three times and I was told its forged'' Let's state it clear, its unethical for any Bank to disclose a customer's information to a third party but this is Nigeria anything can happen.

That bolded comment is nonsense and i mean it, only you know the rational behind that. I hardly comment on US visa issues if you check very well, i only read and delete fraudulent posts/thread.

The argument here is about whether the embassy has the right to verify an applicant's bank balance which we all agreed that they do if there is need for it. So where is your rambling coming from?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by speartaker: 12:39pm On Jan 13, 2012
Pls, wat and wat do u need to take to the embassy for ur interview. Pls i need to knw everytin both d relevant and irrelevant ones. Pls cleverdude, how did u fill ur I-20? I hvnt filled mine till now. Also, is reference letter diff 4rm sponsorship letter? And must they be sign in court. Pls i am a little confused over dat.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 1:27pm On Jan 13, 2012
justwise:

That bolded comment is nonsense and i mean it, only you know the rational behind that. I hardly comment on US visa issues if you check very well, i only read and delete fraudulent posts/thread.

The argument here is about whether the embassy has the right to verify an applicant's bank balance which we all agreed that they do if there is need for it. So where is your rambling coming from?

I know you are the moderator or one of the moderators of the Travel Section. On this premise, I know you have got powers to do and undo. I personally respect you and your works here of going after vicious criminals who come here to exploit innocent people. I just feel attimes you tend to over stress some issues.

Please, I am not saying all this to put up issues with you. Peace.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 1:36pm On Jan 13, 2012
speartaker:

Pls, wat and wat do u need to take to the embassy for your interview. Pls i need to knw everytin both d relevant and irrelevant ones. Pls cleverdude, how did u fill your I-20? I hvnt filled mine till now. Also, is reference letter diff 4rm sponsorship letter? And must they be sign in court. Pls i am a little confused over dat.
Firstly,u only need to sign the 1st page of ur i-20 on the space indicated for u as a student below it. Secondly,reference letter is far different from sponsorship letter;reference letter is written and signed by bank,while sponsorship letter is written and signed by ur sponsor,only affidavit of sponsorship is signed by the law court. DUDE,WE HAVE 5 DAYS TO GO.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by justwise(m): 1:40pm On Jan 13, 2012
deevick246:

I know you are the moderator or one of the moderators of the Travel Section. On this premise, I know you have got powers to do and undo.  I personally respect you and your works here of going after vicious criminals who come here to exploit innocent people. I just feel attimes you tend to over stress some issues.

Please, I am not saying all this to put up issues with you. Peace.

Yes that is true, i agree with u,  i go after issues i feel strongly about until its settled one way or the other, i also know that i get into people's face sometimes but when it comes to issue of fraud and people giving excuses or defending it, i can't stand that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 3:18pm On Jan 13, 2012
justwise:

Haba justwise, I'm not referring to you but only sharing general view on some people's misconception about US embassy and their verification methods. You're good going mehn.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 3:40pm On Jan 13, 2012
Do anyone knows if there is a SAT exam coming up in march here in NIGERIA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by aroy1: 4:18pm On Jan 13, 2012
deevick246  I am not responding in the way I should have to your previous post because you did say you do not want us to fight. Let your use of a negative adjective on me be that one time. If you do it again, we both now how I would reply.

djunit1: I am fine, thank you, though presently out of the US. U ever heard of being able to walk and chew at the same time? I guess that is the difference between us. Your brain probably has a slow rate of working, processing activities one at a time. Mine can multitask. I do not expect you to believe, though. By the way, you have so many hard hits on your report. That results from either you are making many unsuccessful credit applications or someone is trying to steal your identity. Hard hits are not good on your credit report, trust me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 7:15pm On Jan 13, 2012
justwise:

There is no truth in that garbage you just written, you made every single line up

The banks are not giving your info away to the embassy, you have done that already, so i don't know where your argument is heading to.

Its laughable to think that Nigerian govt cares more that our privacy than USA or otherr developed countries.

@ justwise
I will like you to understand that I am not trying to score a point nor to be on anyone's side, but sometimes when we don't know something or have an idea about it i feel it's always better to save our comments. That Nigerian government is not performing -yes, that doesn't mean they don't have policies and procedures. May I ask you one question? Do you know the immigration rules for US citizens to study or work in Nigeria? I guess the obvious answer is NO. The reason being that you don't need it, but do you know the reverse - yes. Please I'll still like to emphasize that what I've said earlier is the truth and you may want to do more research about it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by justwise(m): 7:47pm On Jan 13, 2012
phy:

@ justwise
I will like you to understand that I am not trying to score a point nor to be on anyone's side, but sometimes when we don't know something or have an idea about it i feel it's always better to save our comments. That Nigerian government is not performing -yes, that doesn't mean they don't have policies and procedures. May I ask you one question? Do you know the immigration rules for US citizens to study or work in Nigeria? I guess the obvious answer is NO. The reason being that you don't need it, but do you know the reverse - yes. Please I'll still like to emphasize that what I've said earlier is the truth and you may want to do more research about it.

phy the argument here is whether the US embassy can verify an applicant's bank account details from his or her bank and the answer is YES they can if there is need to do so.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 7:51pm On Jan 13, 2012
speartaker:

Pls, wat and wat do u need to take to the embassy for your interview. Pls i need to knw everytin both d relevant and irrelevant ones. Pls cleverdude, how did u fill your I-20? I hvnt filled mine till now. Also, is reference letter diff 4rm sponsorship letter? And must they be sign in court. Pls i am a little confused over dat.

You can go with a sponsorship letter from your sponsor and let him include that the banks are not operating because of the nationwide protest. You may also want to have a newspaper with you for emphasis.
It is not compulsory you fill your I-20 before going to the embassy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (101)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.