Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,433 members, 7,850,527 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:32 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (213147 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by jahsgirl1: 2:20pm On Jan 17, 2012
QUESTION TO THE HOUSE
pls my friend colud get her servis receipt before the interview date and still went for the interview but was giving a paper to get the receipt then come back any time its ready,but it was ready during the strike and she cudnt come to embassy and the date on the i-20 has passed and she called the school and they said it doesnt matter cause she can still be enroll anytime she shows up this month,can she go to the embassy now that the strike is over now?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shdnky: 2:38pm On Jan 17, 2012
Yes she can as long she takes along the receipt of the SEVIS they take it very serious you can get enrolled 2 weeks after resumption are you on yahoo messenger or skype so we can talk
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 2:56pm On Jan 17, 2012
@house,what if d consular asks: VO:why were u denied last time? ME:i wasn't able to present my case very well as per reason why i chose my course,but nw i'm prepared(n really,i'm really prepared 4 it). What do u guys think?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shdnky: 3:07pm On Jan 17, 2012
Thats also a Good Hint but most time they wanna know why , like tell them a whole different thing this time they won't deal with any document they wanna hear your real voice so be very very prepared and Good luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by jahsgirl1: 3:30pm On Jan 17, 2012
@SHDNKY yeah am on yahoo messager-beeorlarbeebi@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by aroy1: 4:10pm On Jan 17, 2012
cleverdude Maybe you should say you do not know why you were denied; the guy who interviewed you that that day could best answer that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 4:26pm On Jan 17, 2012
@clever,

I stated in my ds160 while filling another one that I don't know why I was denied even after giving the interview my best shot and stating clearly that I'm coming to go into my sickle cell research. You have ready answered that question in your new ds160, they can only bring it up again during the interview. Best of luck sha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 4:30pm On Jan 17, 2012
cleverdude:

@house,what if d consular asks: VO:why were u denied last time? ME:i wasn't able to present my case very well as per reason why i chose my course,but nw i'm prepared(n really,i'm really prepared 4 it). What do u guys think?

@ cleverdude

This your reason for previous refusal is on point. All you need do is just to say it convincedly and confidently.

aroy1:

cleverdude Maybe you should say you do not know why you were denied; the guy who interviewed you that that day could best answer that.

@ Aroy1

Do you except with such a response his visa will be issued To me that response of yours sounds not well reasoned, and its also capable of showing to the VO that the person in question is not a genuine student. Because seriously he ought to know why he was refused the visa, however in a clumsy situation his best bet is the answer he gave up there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 4:33pm On Jan 17, 2012
jahs girl:

@SHDNKY yeah am on yahoo messager-beeorlarbeebi@yahoo.com

@ Jahs girl

Congratulation! Congratulation!! Congratulation!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by aroy1: 4:46pm On Jan 17, 2012
I did not say he (or you) must agree with me. That is why I started the advice with "maybe." It is simple English, deevick246.

cleverdude, your answer that deevick246 supports begs for more questions. That might prove bad if you are not careful. It will really be unwise for somebody to provide, or support, an answer that begs for more questions when they are at any interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 4:59pm On Jan 17, 2012
@jah's girl, d funny thing is that,d lady in that window 7 was d VO who denied me,hence she's nt gonna interview me anymore,even if i meet her,she'll take me to another VO here;8 It has happend so many times on this thread. @aroy,i think that answer is gonna sound rude to d VO. undecided undecided. Meanwhile,@deevick and imperiouxx,THANKS for ur word. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by aroy1: 5:06pm On Jan 17, 2012
@ Aroy1

Do you except with such a response his visa will be issued To me that response of yours sounds not well reasoned, and its also capable of showing to the VO that the person in question is not a genuine student. Because seriously he ought to know why he was refused the visa, however in a clumsy situation his best bet is the answer he gave up there.

Talking more about the concept of well reasoned that you previously wrote, deevick246, I think I should say more.

1) Firstly, if cleverdude follows in your footstep, it is a guarantee that he might probably be denied. I hope the guy with interview tomorrow is able to see that the following quote is meaningless in the English language: Do you except with such a response his visa will be issued?

2) A well reasoned individual should know that there is no way that a US-bound Nigerian student can prove that they are 100% genuine student. They can only show that they are real students. They do this by speaking and writing in correct English and keeping their answers very simple and related to the questions asked.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by aroy1: 5:07pm On Jan 17, 2012
cleverdude You are not obliged to agree with me. I was just giving pointers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by naggy: 5:19pm On Jan 17, 2012
Helloooooooooooo NL!!!! Been like forever since I last checked in here. Happy New Year to you all and wishing everyone planning on coming here success in their respective interview. I just wanna reiterate a few things that drew my attention. YES, the embassy verifies bank statements they feel somewhat suspicious about. This ain't hearsay, I've actually witnessed this first hand. However this rarely occurs so I would encourage everyone to try as much as they can to present genuine documents. If you are missing something, there are two things involved - pray to God and commit the rest to him (I strongly believe in that) or better explain your reason/case to the consular officer. Remember the possible outcome if your eventually caught far outweighs whatever amount it is that you paid to have the phony document procured. Finally, if you have a goal and aspiration please come to the US, there are many resources available to bring out the best and awake that giant in you. By no means should that be interpreted as an automatic financial breakthrough cos then it's plain myths and fantasy. If you have adequate support from your family and you are an excellent student, trust me your stay here will be very rewarding. Anyways, I see loads of new names here that I'm not familiar with anymore aside deevick246, djunit1, imperiouxx and that's about it! Where are the old members?? Hmm I guess I've missed out a lot here, Peace!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 5:25pm On Jan 17, 2012
aroy1:

cleverdude You are not obliged to agree with me. I was just giving pointers.
Aye sir!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 5:32pm On Jan 17, 2012
aroy1:

Talking more about the concept of well reasoned that you previously wrote, deevick246, I think I should say more.

1) Firstly, if cleverdude follows in your footstep, it is a guarantee that he might probably be denied. I hope the guy with interview tomorrow is able to see that the following quote is meaningless in the English language: Do you except with such a response his visa will be issued?

2) A well reasoned individual should know that there is no way that a US-bound Nigerian student can prove that they are 100% genuine student. They can only show that they are real students. They do this by speaking and writing in correct English and keeping their answers very simple and related to the questions asked.

@ Aroy1

Thanks for pointing out incomplete sentence error or wrong word error in my post. ''Do you expect with such a response his visa will be issued?'' It should have been stated as ''Do you THINK with such a response he will get a visa?" How about that?

Please get this straight and I think everyone should know this, we are not here to pick on eachother but to rather proffer solution to the challenges of getting the F1 Visa. Peace.

@ cleverdude,

You have heard from Aroy1 and myself, I feel you are not bound by any of our suggestion but you are to choose the one you feel is well reasoned and that sounds logical.

I also want to put this open to other members of the house. Please let's suggest the best possible answer to cleverdude's question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 5:41pm On Jan 17, 2012
naggy:

Helloooooooooooo NL!!!! Been like forever since I last checked in here. Happy New Year to you all and wishing everyone planning on coming here success in their respective interview. I just wanna reiterate a few things that drew my attention. YES, the embassy verifies bank statements they feel somewhat suspicious about. This ain't hearsay, I've actually witnessed this first hand. However this rarely occurs so I would encourage everyone to try as much as they can to present genuine documents. If you are missing something, there are two things involved - pray to God and commit the rest to him (I strongly believe in that) or better explain your reason/case to the consular officer. Remember the possible outcome if your eventually caught far outweighs whatever amount it is that you paid to have the phony document procured. Finally, if you have a goal and aspiration please come to the US, there are many resources available to bring out the best and awake that giant in you. By no means should that be interpreted as an automatic financial breakthrough cos then it's plain myths and fantasy. If you have adequate support from your family and you are an excellent student, trust me your stay here will be very rewarding. Anyways, I see loads of new names here that I'm not familiar with anymore aside deevick246, djunit1, imperiouxx and that's about it! Where are the old members?? Hmm I guess I've missed out a lot here, Peace!

Naggy baba, you get mouth pass oboma. Lol. It been a while indeed, we are still here representing, because NL has come to stay. How is everything? Why is it that u hardly get on YM this days? Take care.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 7:14pm On Jan 17, 2012
@house,check this out too, VO:what r ur plans after studies(bachelors)? ME:after studies,i'll come back 4 my compulsory NYSC;after that,i'll apply 4 masters in US,to professionalise my course of study,after which i'll come back to NIG,get a very good job,and contribute to d development of my country. What u guys think. Abeg fast o. Its 2morrow,i need to do a little mock interview with u guys.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Roland17(m): 7:16pm On Jan 17, 2012
cleverdude:

@house,check this out too, VO:what r your plans after studies(bachelors)? ME:after studies,i'll come back 4 my compulsory NYSC;after that,i'll apply 4 masters in US,to professionalise my course of study,after which i'll come back to NIG,get a very good job,and contribute to d development of my country. What u guys think. Abeg fast o. Its 2morrow,i need to do a little mock interview with u guys.

Tell me about the state u are going to study and name 2 Professors or senior lecturers in your department of study.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 7:25pm On Jan 17, 2012
cleverdude:

@house,check this out too, VO:what r your plans after studies(bachelors)? ME:after studies,i'll come back 4 my compulsory NYSC;after that,i'll apply 4 masters in US,to professionalise my course of study,after which i'll come back to NIG,get a very good job,and contribute to d development of my country. What u guys think. Abeg fast o. Its 2morrow,i need to do a little mock interview with u guys.

Your response †o the question is on point. However, ensure you keep your answers short,straight and direct. So you can shorten it as : After studies,i'll come back 4 my compulsory NYSC. Please say the meaning of NYSC. You can leave it this way and wait for further questions from the V0 or you can say it as you stated it here. Best of Luck man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 8:19pm On Jan 17, 2012
@roland,i'm going to elkins,west virginia;but i only knw d name of d professor in our department:lawrence mcauthur,and d names of some alumnis,abt 2 or 3 of em,who i av on my facebook @deevick,God bless ur endeavours.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 8:28pm On Jan 17, 2012
@roland,WV is located at d eastern part of USA,with an average temprature of 17 degrees celsius,boarded by virginia and washington.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by naggy: 8:48pm On Jan 17, 2012
Hey Deevick!! yeah man I see the good work your keeping up with right here. You deserve three thumbs up and a 5 star rating lol!! Oh well, I've been good and yeah I know I went awol and should be crucified for it lol but then it's been real hectic tryna keep up with the academic pace. I've been taking classes like all year round and even during breaks when I should be giving myself some time off, I literally have no life my broda! Anyways as for YIM, I'm still on it just that I see no reason to sign in lately but if you wanna have a convo any of these days just lemme know and I could breeze in and drop some lines with you. All the best man!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 10:40pm On Jan 17, 2012
naggy:

Hey Deevick!! yeah man I see the good work your keeping up with right here. You deserve three thumbs up and a 5 star rating lol!! Oh well, I've been good and yeah I know I went awol and should be crucified for it lol but then it's been real hectic tryna keep up with the academic pace. I've been taking classes like all year round and even during breaks when I should be giving myself some time off, I literally have no life my broda! Anyways as for YIM, I'm still on it just that I see no reason to sign in lately but if you wanna have a convo any of these days just lemme know and I could breeze in and drop some lines with you. All the best man!

Naggy Baba, I can understand your stance jare. its necessary as life is in phases while men are in sizes. But I can tell you are on top of the situation.

On the YIM matter, it would be good to have a word or two with you my man. However I can't remember your YIM id anymore. I have checked through my list and I can't identify it. Though I am certain it should be in there. Here is mine deevick246. Please get on and Buzz me or check me up. So I can be sure we are together overthere. Onelove.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by naggy: 11:25pm On Jan 17, 2012
I just added you up now wink so catch you soon on YIM!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kidUrbane: 2:41am On Jan 18, 2012
@ Undergraduate Applicants in the House for Fall 2012,
Abeg make una come out make we relate na,I'll be going for my Interview for the fall 2012 semester by May 1st might as well be the first fall applicant, May 1st is still within the stipulated 120 days beofre resumption.make we share recent experience pleaseeeeeeeee.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 9:50am On Jan 18, 2012
@house,urgent reply is need 4 dis issue:

i just figured out that in d ds-160,person paying 4 trip is sponsor;but d problem is that i entered my mum as person paying 4 trip,cos i thought they meant "person paying 4 flight",but my sponsor is uncle.

If asked,"who is sponsoring u",I'm planning on saying,"my uncle is my sponsor,while my mum is paying 4 trip",then if asked,i'll say "i thought paying 4 trip meant paying 4 flight" to avoid discrepency,cos if i say uncle alone n d VO sees d discrepency,it might lead to denial. Urgent reply is needed plsss! My interview commences in less than 45 mins
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 10:03am On Jan 18, 2012
cleverdude:

i just figured out that in d ds-160,person paying 4 trip is sponsor;but d problem is that i entered my mum as person paying 4 trip,cos i thought they meant "person paying 4 flight",but my sponsor is uncle.

If asked,"who is sponsoring u",I'm planning on saying,"my uncle is my sponsor,while my mum is paying 4 trip",then if asked,i'll say "i thought paying 4 trip meant paying 4 flight" to avoid discrepency,cos if i say uncle alone n d VO sees d discrepency,it might lead to denial. Urgent reply is needed plsss! My interview commences in less than 45 mins

Just try as much as possible to be smart and bold in your explanation of the above you just stated. If your uncle is the Programme sponsor, just say that when u are asked who is sponsoring the programme and that your mom is paying the one paying for the trip since that's what u have filled already in the form DS-160. This answer really appears long but try and be smart,bold and short in ur answer. Maintain eye contact with the V0. Never say what u didn't filled in ur documents. Best of Luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 10:18am On Jan 18, 2012
deevick246:

Just try as much as possible to be smart and bold in your explanation of the above you just stated. If your uncle is the Programme sponsor, just say that when u are asked who is sponsoring the programme and that your mom is paying the one paying for the trip since that's what u have filled already in the form DS-160. This answer really appears long but try and be smart,bold and short in your answer. Maintain eye contact with the V0. Never say what u didn't filled in your documents. Best of Luck.
D LORD IS YOUR SHEPHERD U SHALL NOT WANT,
Thanks a lot for d constant support.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 12:29pm On Jan 18, 2012
@clever,

God help you brother.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Square65: 12:43pm On Jan 18, 2012
cleverdude:

if you still have time and if it's still possible, fill another ds 160 in the way u feel it's right and update your profile on your appointment page otherwise do as already advised.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by speartaker: 12:45pm On Jan 18, 2012
Hi house, jst denied visa but i want to reapply and dont knw how.pls i so need ur candid advise. My sch starts 12th march so giv me ya views. Here is how my intview went.
Me: goodmornin sir
vo: u r goin to (calld my sch name)
me: (called it wit him then said) yea
vo: to study wat?
Me: said my course
vo: for 2 months?
Me: yeah 8wks
vo: so u want to be a (said my career)?
Me: Yea
vo: so how come u wana study a degree program 4 2wks ?
Me: i already hv a preliminary knolege on dat cuz i hv wrkd in bla bla bla
vo: so why dont u continue in dat job?
Me: it wasnt a permanent job, i waz jst an intern
vo: ok,who is spronsorin u?
Me: my uncle
vo: can i hv his bank statti?
Me: (hand over 2him)
vo: (goin tru it) so how is dis course related 2 ur field?
Me: i also hv my bank statement
vo: (ignored and ask d last ques again).
Me: (tried to xplain whyl d vo immediatly took my own bank statti)
vo: (interupts me) i am sorry we cant issue u visa
me: but my (cant rememberr)
vo: (interupts again) u hvnt given me enof reason dat u will return after studies, im sorry

na so d tin go oh. Althoug i suspect the stattis cuz they were poor. Not fat. Pls i need to reapply. And wat do u think abt d interview?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (101)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.