Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,378 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (212833 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 8:15pm On Jan 13, 2012
justwise:

phy the argument here is whether the US embassy can verify an applicant's bank account details from his or her bank and the answer is YES they can if there is need to do so.
If you feel they could, why would they want you to come to the embassy with your statement. The fact still remains it is not allowed. Even in the US, it not allowed (you may want to check out Patriot act) except for purpose of investigation into a crime and that's why some fraud cases could not be instantly detected even in the US. Please lets get the correct info (i hope this would be my last post on this).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by justwise(m): 8:39pm On Jan 13, 2012
phy:

If you feel they could, why would they want you to come to the embassy with your statement. The fact still remains [b]it is not allowed. Even in the US, it not allowed (you may want to check out Patriot act) except for purpose of investigation into a crime [/b]and that's why some fraud cases could not be instantly detected even in the US. Please lets get the correct info (i hope this would be my last post on this).

The reason why you are asked to bring your statement is for a check and if they found anything suspicious then further enquiries will be made including calling your bank, its allowed in US, the UK, Canada etc. By the way submitting forged/fake document is a crime, so that calls for investigation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by speartaker: 8:39am On Jan 14, 2012
Pls is it true dat d strike has been calld off? Does it mean dat banks r goin to wrk on monday? Pls i need facts,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by FutureDon(m): 9:15am On Jan 14, 2012
speartaker:

Pls is it true dat d strike has been calld off? Does it mean dat banks r goin to wrk on monday? Pls i need facts,

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]False, at this particular moment. Labour is scheduled to meet with FG today. They only called off the street protest for Saturday and Sunday. Let's hope their meeting is fruitful.[/font]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by speartaker: 12:23pm On Jan 14, 2012
@future. Thanks 4d info
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by newacca: 2:11pm On Jan 14, 2012
@imperiouxx,
I contacted u on YIM yet no response. what'z up?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by speartaker: 7:09pm On Jan 14, 2012
Why do we like exchangin . words in the house. Pls let us try to maintain peace at all times. God bless u all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ekundayomi: 12:32am On Jan 15, 2012
my people been following threads on this forum, and i must say its been helpfull.

I missed my interview at the embassy and i have sent an email to the embassy stating my reason for not been able to make it along with my appointment details PP # Interview time and date , I am yet to read from the embassy does any one have an idea how i can go about this ,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by GboyegaD(m): 6:48am On Jan 15, 2012
Imperiouxxx,
Congratulations. I have not been on this site for a long while. I want to believe you should have settled down by now. Were you able to get someone in Lubbock? If no, I know da.ghost is somewhere around there. Send me email on my yahoo gboyegadaniels@yahoo.com incase you no longer have it and I will give you the email address I use frequently.

Square 65,
What state are you? Abeg, plan your travelling well oooo so that e no go affect other things but I sure say when lectures start finish, you go see say e no too easy to dey travel as you talk am.

What plans do you guys have for the Spring break? Those in Tx and its environs, can we work out something.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Square65: 2:21pm On Jan 15, 2012
GboyegaD:

Imperiouxxx,
Congratulations. I have not been on this site for a long while. I want to believe you should have settled down by now. Were you able to get someone in Lubbock? If no, I know da.ghost is somewhere around there. Send me email on my yahoo gboyegadaniels@yahoo.com incase you no longer have it and I will give you the email address I use frequently.

Square 65,
What state are you? Abeg, plan your travelling well oooo so that e no go affect other things but I sure say when lectures start finish, you go see say e no too easy to dey travel as you talk am.

What plans do you guys have for the Spring break? Those in Tx and its environs, can we work out something.

Gboyega, yea u are right cos I don't intend going anywhere during the semester and can't remember sharing any such traveling plans.

Anyway am in TX, and am in for the spring break stuff. u can get in touch with me on tha65thsquare@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by timmy2409(m): 8:04am On Jan 16, 2012
Hey everyone, I'm a returning student, currently in Nigeria and slated for the interview in two days, Problem is my passport is due to expire in about 10 months (not even close to the required 2 years and six months shocked) and I just couldn't get another one what with the NLC strike. I would like to know how that may affect the reinstation of my F1 visa status??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by speartaker: 10:23am On Jan 16, 2012
Strike still on. My interview is on wednesday by 10am. Pray for me guys cuz i cant wait to share d testimony with u. Pls giv me any available info dat is necessary dat u think i have not gotten. I am so indepted to dis house.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 10:43am On Jan 16, 2012
Next tomorrow is the due day,I'm coming out of that embassy with my visa. [b]IN JESUS [/b]NAME,AMEN! cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by WARYZ(m): 10:50am On Jan 16, 2012
Does american embassy still open in this strike period?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by strict: 12:17pm On Jan 16, 2012
GLORY BE TO GOD,

I HAVE BEEN GRANTED MY STUDENT VISA ON THURSDAY 12TH AND THE FUNIEST THING IS THE DEADLINE DATE ON MY I-20 IS 13TH WHICH IS FRIDAY, AND MY SCHOOL TOLD ME THAT I WILL HAVE TO WAIT TILL APRIL BEFORE COMING COS I CAN NO LONGER BE ENROLLED BUT I NEED ADVICE,COS I HAVE GOTTEN MY TICKET TO LEAVE FRIDAY AND I NEED TO KNOW IF I WILL BE ALLOWED IN WHEN I GET TO US AT THE PORT OF ENTRY, ALSO DO I NEED TO HAVE MONEY WITH ME, I GOT PLACES TO STAY THO.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 12:42pm On Jan 16, 2012
strict:

GLORY BE TO GOD,

I HAVE BEEN GRANTED MY STUDENT VISA ON THURSDAY 12TH AND THE FUNIEST THING IS THE DEADLINE DATE ON MY I-20 IS 13TH WHICH IS FRIDAY, AND MY SCHOOL TOLD ME THAT I WILL HAVE TO WAIT TILL APRIL BEFORE COMING COS I CAN NO LONGER BE ENROLLED BUT I NEED ADVICE,COS I HAVE GOTTEN MY TICKET TO LEAVE FRIDAY AND I NEED TO KNOW IF I WILL BE ALLOWED IN WHEN I GET TO US AT THE PORT OF ENTRY, ALSO DO I NEED TO HAVE MONEY WITH ME, I GOT PLACES TO STAY THO.
CONGRATS pal! I'm next. Pls,tell us how ur interview went for d benefit of others. Congratulations once again!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by djunit1(m): 5:35pm On Jan 16, 2012
strict:

GLORY BE TO GOD,

Immigration will let you in but if you are not enrolled within 15 days I think, your school would have to report to immigration that you are not enrolled for Spring. If you decide to start by fall you may have to re-instate your F-1 status to get registered which is not much of a deal (can be a big deal) as it is not guaranteed. Immigration can deny your reinstatement and you would be told to leave the country.

My advice, wait till you are ready to be registered before you go to the US
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ekundayomi: 9:38pm On Jan 16, 2012
I missed my interview at the embassy and i have sent an email to the embassy stating my reason for not been able to make it along with my appointment details PP # Interview time and date , I am yet to read from the embassy does any one have an idea how i can go about this ,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 12:30am On Jan 17, 2012
Yea gboyegaD, I didn't get but I just finished my registration in school, instructions start tomorrow. Those for interview, I wish you best of luck and I'll still be at your disposal.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Roland17(m): 6:50am On Jan 17, 2012
ekundayomi:

I missed my interview at the embassy and i have sent an email to the embassy stating my reason for not been able to make it along with my appointment details PP # Interview time and date ,  I am yet to read from the embassy does any one have an idea how i can go about this ,

If you sent the Consular an email within 24hrs of the time u missed your appointment , they are supposed to send you an Automatic response acknowledging your email,  the embassy does not reply to issues immediately, it takes some business days (5-7) before you get an email addressing your problem.

You can call the embassy hotline, but you would have to be very patient because the line is usually very busy, when an Agent picks your call they would request for some personal Information and then tell you the status of your application and your new interview date.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by d2ees: 9:22am On Jan 17, 2012
I want to thank everyone that has contributed to this forum topic. I have benefited tremendously from this forum. Through this forum, prayer and hard work, I got my F-1 visa dec 16 last year.

I was supposed to resume for spring on 5th Jan but was delayed via some financial challenges and this recent NLC strike. I have decided to defer till fall but my fear is that will my F-1 visa still be valid by then. The expiry date on my visa is dec 2013. Please gurus in the house, can I still use this visa to enter the US by August this year considering that by then I will be out of school for over six month.

Thanks All!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by jahsgirl1: 10:09am On Jan 17, 2012
AM SO GRATEFUL TO JEHOVAH GOD THAT I GOT MY VISAAAAA,
i must say this forum help me a lot cos i read down the thred for like month and i want to thank d guy called Goshen 360(sometin like dat) cos he sent me a mail dat encouraged me personally and stuff but i must say and continue to say dat its just God nothing else,a guy wrote sometin on this forum saying that he is a glutton but he had to fast and pray by force and advised pple to do the same which i did so it better you do it oh cos its just God.let me tell you my experience and you will see for yourselves. First of all i must let you know dat am a very confident and fluent speaker and when it comes to interviews am always sure i will pass but this particular interview was d worse i ever had, cos i totally fumbled badly,it goes like this:

VO: next candidate please come to window 8(tall white guy in Abuja)
mesadwalked down confidently, )good afternoon sir
VO: oh its afternoon already,wow, so can i have your documents
mesadpassed it)
VO:you are going for your masters in, Couseling Psychology, what did you study as your first degree?
me: mass communications
VOsadpuzzled, )
mesadstarted stammering, )well,when i finished school i didnt get a job on time so i worked as a teacher in the guidance and counseling unit and, (i was saying to myself stop stammering dammit)tr
VO:cuts in and says , but you dont need a masters for that, (na there he con fisinish me oh, i was expecting questions about my course or my school or sometin i read here but not this , na so my stammering con worse like say i no even con know wetin i wan talk oh, but God is always God)
mesadStamerring worsely, )but my school requires it,i have a letter from them (trying to bring it out , )
VO:dont show me any letter form your school but is masters realy required ?, and why will you  want to spend millions of naira for this course , hmmokay,how much do you have in your account,
me:i have over a million naira in my account and i am still gonna be sponsored by my mum who has about N15m (i was now trying to bring that two stati out too)
VOsadcuts in, )just bring your Weac along with it, (so i add it,he takes them looks at the bank statemens then stares at my Weac especially the picture on it but was used to pple staring at that cos i have changed a lot from d small cute gal there, lol,so i was smiling thinkin dat he was gonna comment on that but didnt look up,he just took the Weac and went left, )

Me(i was just standing there waitng telling myself to stop the starmering cos it was rilly rilly bad, i didnt come out very soon but i was very relaxed co i knew my weac was original and my score on it was good,i had like 5 A's
VO:, (comes back, and starts typing not saying i word, then he asks, )we usually ask this to all females r u pregnant?
me:nope(i don know say he wan give me)
VO:r u married?
me: nope
VO:do u have arelative in the U S? (stiill typing very fast)
Me: nope
VOsadhands me a paper)ur visa is bin issued you can pick it up in two days at this address,
Me:thank you very much sir,

i walked out heads hig i no even see anybody again, i just left saw d sercurity gaurds asking for money but i didnt have my purse so i could give them anytin, i was happy,i just started priase God,

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by jahsgirl1: 10:21am On Jan 17, 2012
my advise is pls even if all ur doc r oluwole pls try make sure say ur WEAC is original cos dem go check am n dem go use am Judge say all your other docs r authenetic.also,pls u dont have to give 100% accurate info,i know a guy that d VO has asked all the questions and as soon as he was about to give him he asked him do u have any relative in the US and he said Yes,my cousin lives in another state,d next tin the VO said am sorry i cant give u a visa, i was like ofcourse 99% of nigerians have relatives in the US but not everyone says it at a US Interview.but everytin na still God sha,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 10:38am On Jan 17, 2012
@jah's girl,CONGRATULATIONS OOO,I'm prouda u. I think jah really showed u that u r his girl. Mine is tomorrow morning at ABJ,may i get favoured as well. My WAEC is original,but Pls,what other advise cn u gv me that will help me during my interview. God bless.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by jahsgirl1: 11:15am On Jan 17, 2012
@cleverdude,well, if u r reapplying try to avoid the tall consular,the one in glasses,i was the first guy countiing from the right(biometrics side) he was d guy dat gave me my visa but he didnt give anyone dat was reapplying dat day oh, ,he was like if u av been denied then u shud know dat there is a reason, n d guy that went to him after me(d guy dat sat nexxt to me) wasnt given becos of dat,i wanted to tellin him to avoid d guy but i somehow 4got to b4 i was called,but there was a lady short pure white dat was giving pple dat where reapplying but she will ask u plenty questions sha oh, well,d day i went was d first workin day of d year so i guess everybody was kinda in a good mood partially,also the where only 3 consulars that day,2 males 1 females,i didnt c d much dreaded 'chinko' lady.but if u see her run oh cos one woman i saw then was telling me dat she was d one that refused her son and that was y they were reappyling and dat dat day she didnt give anybody visa, but i didnt see her on day day sha,

general advise wen u sit down just try study all the consulars and their mood and know which one is giveing and y and which one is not giving and why so no d one 2 avoid n one 2 go for,listen to other peoples interview like it was urs,it helps, and neva b too serious wit a consular,they dont like it,be free n please study all d documents in your hand oh cos one girl was there to renew visa wit her mother and when asked where the school is she was like minne, and the consular finished its for her and said minnepolis,she said yes,d consolar check its in d internet and was like sorry i cant give u,d girl and d mother were now arguing with the consular that the school is in minnepolis that in fact the girl was there before and just came to renew it,d consular was like no way,its is not there infact its hours apart,they were still trying to argue with d guy until the guy called next person, it was when they left the guys counter on their way out the they checked the doc properly and discovered that d school was in minnesota not minnepolis,u can imagine, so even if ur doc r original or fake just make sure u study all of them well b4 them call u and dont argue with d consular especially when he is repeating a particuliar point to you,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 11:57am On Jan 17, 2012
@jah's girl,God bless u my dear. I'm actually reapplying,so r u implying dat it was difficult for reapplicants to get their visas d day u went? @house! Pls,put me in prayers o. I must come to share my testimony here tomorrow. Speartaker,howdy? May God's favour b with us 2morrow. AMEN!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by jahsgirl1: 12:15pm On Jan 17, 2012
@cleverdude,i didnt say it was difficult for those dat reapplied oh i just said dat d tall guy was very strict on them the other where giving as long as u can defend yourself,one guy was asked y he was refused earlier and he said d consular asked him what is chemistry and he was tinking d consular made a mistake and he was defining biochemistry since he was a biochemistry student and the lady gave him the visa,so be ready to take ur time and explian urself very clearly.and be ready for this question:'since d last time you applied and now what has changed'? they always ask dat question to finger ur brain, just relax and pray,all is well,u will get ur visa,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 12:37pm On Jan 17, 2012
@clever,

You just relax, by God's grace you too shall be favored.

@jahs girl,

Happy for you girl. The chinko is no more in either Abuja or Lagos for long, I guess you are referring to that lady in window 7 that denied me in Dec.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cleverdude: 12:47pm On Jan 17, 2012
jahs girl:

@cleverdude,i didnt say it was difficult for those dat reapplied oh i just said dat  d tall guy was very strict on them the other where giving as long as u can defend yourself,one guy was asked y he was refused earlier and he said d consular asked him what is chemistry and he was tinking d consular made a mistake and he was defining biochemistry since he was a biochemistry student and the lady gave him the visa,so be ready to take your time and explian urself very clearly.and be ready for this question:'since d last time you applied and now what has changed'? they always ask dat question to finger your brain, just relax and pray,all is well,u will get your visa,
AMEN! AMEN!! and AMEN!!! grin
imperiouxx:

@clever,

You just relax, by God's grace you too shall be favored.

@jahs girl,

Happy for you girl. The chinko is no more in either Abuja or Lagos for long, I guess you are referring to that lady in window 7 that denied me in Dec.
AMEEEEEN! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by newacca: 12:55pm On Jan 17, 2012
@imperiouxx ,
I have sent YIM request to u,Yet u haven't replied. what'z up? Guess u've landed in d States? wish u well all d same.
ciao
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 1:44pm On Jan 17, 2012
newacca:

@imperiouxx ,
I have sent YIM request to u,Yet u haven't replied. what'z up? Guess u've landed in d States? wish u well all d same.
ciao

Sorry friend, I was wondering who is hittin, I have added you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by newacca: 1:46pm On Jan 17, 2012
imperiouxx:

Sorry friend, I was wondering who is hittin, I have added you.

No qualms Pal. gotta catch u there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (101)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.