Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1038284 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 6:13pm On May 02, 2015
fazo14:
@Justwise
No we have not done any application since he got his ILR, yes it is the first application we did and he was on Tier 1. What can we do? Thanks alot
@girlio
From the judge rule,I thought same that I am still under the ban. Is it possible that a spouse visa can release me from the ban? I can make application for a spouse visa,but need to know how to go about it and all it entails. What are my chances under a spouse visa? Is there hope for me? Thanks alot

With his ILR your chances are higher, does he earn up to £18600 a year?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benuromi: 6:52pm On May 02, 2015
Hello GHM4EVA,
plz did you book appointment online or after you filled and paid the fees, u went there without appointment? Thanks

So i am sorta new to the forum. During my application period, I just read the different threads to see what the process was like. I have gotten my visa. Just wanted to say thank you to those who ask and those who answer. I didn't need to ever ask anything. So here is my timeline

Submitted my Application @ Abuja Teleperformance: 23rd February 2015

Biometrics & Interview:23rd February 2015

Request for Interview of Sponsor/Spouse: 9th April, 2015

Spousal Interview:16th April, 2015

Mail informing us that they have reached a decision: 21st April, 2015

Teleperformance mail that it was ready for collection/courier: 27th April, 2015

Courier Call to inform me of dispatch: 28th April 2015

Received my passport with spousal visa: 29th April 2015

If any one has any questions, please feel free to ask. I will gladly answer

[/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benuromi: 6:54pm On May 02, 2015
Hello GHM4EVA,
plz did you book appointment online or after you filled and paid the fees, u went there without appointment? Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by fazo14: 7:36pm On May 02, 2015
@Justwise
Yes he does, he earns up to £18,600 per annum.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:40pm On May 02, 2015
fazo14:
@Justwise
Yes he does, he earns up to £18,600 per annum.

Ok good, can you list the documents you submitted for your first application so as to see what you need to add or remove for next application?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 8:44pm On May 02, 2015
fazo14:
@Justwise
No we have not done any application since he got his ILR, yes it is the first application we did and he was on Tier 1. What can we do? Thanks alot
@girlio
From the judge rule,I thought same that I am still under the ban. Is it possible that a spouse visa can release me from the ban? I can make application for a spouse visa,but need to know how to go about it and all it entails. What are my chances under a spouse visa? Is there hope for me? Thanks alot

As long as you both meet the requirements for a spouse visa, it should be ok. Since you have been refused under a 320 ruling, they are likely to scrutinise any future applications. You will therefore have to make sure all necessary paperwork is in order. Details of the requirements are on the UKBA website. There's also alot of information on this forum that will help you. There's always hope but you just have to be ready to make it difficult for them to say no. The only way to do that is to first make sure that you meet all of the spouse visa requirements, then do everything you can to evidence it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by fazo14: 9:47pm On May 02, 2015
Thanks alot@Justwise and girlfio, below are the list of documents submitted during the first application
Bank account statements
Company payslips
Letter from sponsor Company
Wedding certificates
Pictures
Emails
Passport and Biometric card
TB certificate
Tenancy agreement
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:21am On May 03, 2015
fazo14:
Thanks alot@Justwise and girlfio, below are the list of documents submitted during the first application
Bank account statements
Company payslips
Letter from sponsor Company
Wedding certificates
Pictures
Emails
Passport and Biometric card
TB certificate
Tenancy agreement

You need to add a lot more to that list.....

Marriage certificate

Pictures..wedding pictures and pictures before wedding

Means of communication between two of you....emails, phone call history, chats(bbm, whatsapp,viber,Facebook) whichever one you use.

His payslips(6months), his bank statement and letter from his company.

Tenancy agreement or mortgage paper

Your degree certificate

Any evidence of financial support (western union, money gram or bank transfer)

A letter explaining your immigration records from 2012 when you were refused a visa to court cases and their outcomes(this is important)

Don't forget to acknowledge previous immigration offences and apologies for it.

He will be submitting his own documents from the UK while you submit yours from Nigeria.

Like girlfio said you need to cover all aspects to avoid giving them any reason to deny you again.

Don't forget NHS fees, you need to pay that...I think it's about £200

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benuromi: 10:08am On May 03, 2015
Justwise and co, please can anyone who recently apply kindly let me know how you book appointment? Did u just go there after filling application form and paid fee. If someone is applying for spouse visa, how much will be NHS fees? I will appreciate if someone can help me with explanation. Thank u.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:16am On May 03, 2015
Benuromi:
Justwise and co, please can anyone who recently apply kindly let me know how you book appointment? Did u just go there after filling application form and paid fee. If someone is applying for spouse visa, how much will be NHS fees? I will appreciate if someone can help me with explanation. Thank u.

Everything is done online including payment, you get appointment after making payment, the system will automatically generate available dates then you select.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benuromi: 12:50pm On May 03, 2015
Thank u justwise
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by fazo14: 7:33pm On May 03, 2015
Thanks lot @Justwise
Am truly scared and pained about all this, feel terrible that I got us into this mess, but will hold onto the glimpse of hope ahead, and make plans towards packaging an air tight application so as to make it impossible for them to say no and by God's grace we will be favoured, Amen.
Pls I will need help over time and surely give updates as we progress.
Thanks alot n always know this forum gives hope...........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by edumez: 10:56pm On May 04, 2015
IrryJones:
Hi guys...justwise, lexusg430, girlfio and all other good folks who contribute and share their wealth of experiences on this forum.

It won't be good if I didn't feedback to acknowledge your valuable advise

I asked some questions here around late October 2014 with regards to spousal visa application process and I'm happy to report back that my spouse has been granted her spousal visa to UK.

I will give a brief timeline about the whole process below:

Nov 26 2014 - Spouse submitted her application and was interviewed at Teleperformance office in V.I. Lagos;
Dec 3 2014 - I, as the sponsor sent off supporting documetations to Sheffield;
Dec 5 2014 - Spouse received an acknowledgement email from UK Visas Sheffield about receiving the documentations;
Jan 6 2015 - I got a phone call from UK Visas Sheffield to attend an interview on Jan 9, 2015;
Jan 9 2015 - Attended an interview at Battleship Building, London;
Jan 19 2015 - Spouse received an email from UK Visas Sheffield that decision has been made;
Jan 20 2015 - All the supporting documents were returned by post;
Jan 22 2015 - Spouse received a message from Teleperformance to pick up passport;
Jan 23 2015 - Passport was picked up with stamped visa dated Jan 14.

Spouse to relocate to UK soon, pending her resignation from her current employment .

Once again, I'm most grateful to you all.

Hi,

Please can you tell me what questions your wife was asked in the interview that held in teleperformance office. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benuromi: 11:19am On May 06, 2015
Plz justwise and co, had anyone filled in the NHS surcharge fees and paid? How much was it plz? I hv permanent residence card on my Nigeria passport. I was trying to check how much I hv to pay for my spouse visa , is show me £600. I taught is £500. Plz can any recent applicant help me plz.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 2:34pm On May 06, 2015
Benuromi:
Plz justwise and co, had anyone filled in the NHS surcharge fees and paid? How much was it plz? I hv permanent residence card on my Nigeria passport. I was trying to check how much I hv to pay for my spouse visa , is show me £600. I taught is £500. Plz can any recent applicant help me plz.

Why do you need spouse visa if you have permanent residence?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benuromi: 5:34pm On May 06, 2015
justwise, my wife will be applying for spouse visa in nigeria. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 6:04pm On May 06, 2015
Benuromi:
I mean my wife will be applying for spouse visa.

Its £200 per year X number of years you are given...e.g 2yrs visa = £400...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benuromi: 6:05pm On May 06, 2015
Thank u very much.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 6:05pm On May 06, 2015
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nma01: 4:22pm On May 07, 2015
@justwise, not been able to submit cuz spouse is self employed and the financial requirement states that 12 month gross income it must be but the account spouse wants to use was just opened about August last year. Was advised to wait till when spouse gets it and that will be about September. The question now can renew my visit visa for 5 years and when spouse gets it's all sorted, I will return to apply... What is your advice?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:16am On May 08, 2015
nma01:
@justwise, not been able to submit cuz spouse is self employed and the financial requirement states that 12 month gross income it must be but the account spouse wants to use was just opened about August last year. Was advised to wait till when spouse gets it and that will be about September. The question now can renew my visit visa for 5 years and when spouse gets it's all sorted, I will return to apply... What is your advice?

Good decision to wait until you get the whole documents ready.

Requirements for visiting visa is slightly different. Do you work in Nigeria?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nma01: 2:24pm On May 08, 2015
@justwise, no I dnt but have an exam to write over there and according to the new rule I have to apply under standard visitor visa category. Am thinking of renewing my visa for 5 years while I write my exam over there.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by GHM4EVA: 10:30pm On May 11, 2015
Benuromi:
Hello GHM4EVA,

Hi Benuromi,

I apologize for responding late. I booked the for the appointment online after I filled the forms and paid the fees.

Regards,
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 11:37am On May 12, 2015
morning everyone, pls I need help, I won my appeal in court, I get decision from judge 16 March, have not heard anything from home office, how long do it take to get call letter.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by feedthenation(m): 4:52pm On May 12, 2015
justwise:

Use this link to calculate it https://www.immigration-health-surcharge.service.gov.uk/checker/type

Hi Justwise,

https://www.immigration-health-surcharge.service.gov.uk/checker/Joining

I just checked the above link with regards to the NHS surcharge, when applying, which 'visa route' do we have to choose in the section -

'About the person you are joining in the UK'.

The partner is a UK National, applicant based in Lagos but the link is asking for the 'expiration date of the visa' of the UK National.

Could you please check and advise which option to choose?

Thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 5:22pm On May 12, 2015
feedthenation:

Hi Justwise,

https://www.immigration-health-surcharge.service.gov.uk/checker/Joining

I just checked the above link with regards to the NHS surcharge, when applying, which 'visa route' do we have to choose in the section -

'About the person you are joining in the UK'.

The partner is a UK National, applicant based in Lagos but the link is asking for the 'expiration date of the visa' of the UK National.

Could you please check and advise which option to choose?

Thanks.

Have you tried paying through the main application form?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phaara: 3:57am On May 13, 2015
Hello all
im back after abit long time going through waiting n waiting the worst part.

pls guide

is it possible to Visit the UK whilst waiting to be eligible to apply for Spouse visa?

i mean we r now meeting the financial requirment just waiting to complete 6 months of wage n bank stmnts to apply spouse visa
so can i get visit visa fr one/two months then i will get bak to home country to apply spouse visa
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nma01: 8:25pm On May 13, 2015
@pharra am in d same boat with you. Am just going to do that. Apply for visit visa and return to apply when all docs r complete.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nma01: 8:52pm On May 13, 2015
nma01:
@phaara am in d same boat with you. Am just going to do that. Apply for visit visa and return to apply when all docs r complete.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:33pm On May 13, 2015
phaara:
Hello all
im back after abit long time going through waiting n waiting the worst part.

pls guide

is it possible to Visit the UK whilst waiting to be eligible to apply for Spouse visa?

i mean we r now meeting the financial requirment just waiting to complete 6 months of wage n bank stmnts to apply spouse visa
so can i get visit visa fr one/two months then i will get bak to home country to apply spouse visa

Have you thought about the option of your visiting visa not granted and you submit month(s) later a settlement visa application?
Don't over complicate matters for yourself.
NB: Patience is a virtue!!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nma01: 1:18am On May 14, 2015
@lexusgs430, what if one wants to renew visiting visa, do u think its a bad idea while awaiting completion of spousal visa
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nma01: 1:21am On May 14, 2015
@lexusgs430, what if someone had previous visiting visas that expired and wants to renew it while awaiting completion of documents required for spousal visa, do i think is a bad idea?

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.