Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1037832 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:35am On Aug 06, 2015
@Benuromi

Congratulations!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benuromi: 12:10pm On Aug 06, 2015
Thank you @ justwise.

justwise:
@Benuromi

Congratulations!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tp2(f): 3:15pm On Aug 09, 2015
Good day. Got married last month and we're applying for my visa this month. Please do I need the English language test for my spouse visa? I'm a Nigerian and a graduate. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Freshest04: 3:17pm On Aug 10, 2015
tp2:
Good day. Got married last month and we're applying for my visa this month. Please do I need the English language test for my spouse visa? I'm a Nigerian and a graduate. Thanks

Congrats on your wedding. I do think u should still take d test. I was confused about that but I was advised on this forum to take d test. The other route of proving ur knowledge of English according to ukvi website is quite long. I just included my bsc certificate with my docs make they know sey I go school...lol

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 4:03pm On Aug 10, 2015
tp2:

Freshest04 is right. It's a lot more difficult to prove your knowledge of English via the degree route. Best to submit your English test pass result along with your degree certificate, don't give them any room to refuse you on that point.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 6:17pm On Aug 10, 2015
For me I submitted my certificate transcript and letter from my school say my course was thought in English, and I was fine with English language requirement.

tp2:
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phaara: 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2015
hello all

please dear house guide me regarding visa n NHS fees

i m from pakistan my sponsir is in uk.

i need to fill and pay visa fees. the payment method or currency is showing PKR (pakistani currency although previously it was in pound GBP)

i hav no debit credit card and the visa fee is very huge too

is it possible if my sponsor in uk pay my fees through his uk bank card in pound GBP and currency automatically convert in PKR and payment accept

pls guide
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 7:50pm On Aug 11, 2015
phaara:
hello all

please dear house guide me regarding visa n NHS fees

i m from pakistan my sponsir is in uk.

i need to fill and pay visa fees. the payment method or currency is showing PKR (pakistani currency although previously it was in pound GBP)

i hav no debit credit card and the visa fee is very huge too

is it possible if my sponsor in uk pay my fees through his uk bank card in pound GBP and currency automatically convert in PKR and payment accept

pls guide

Dear Phaara

Yes, your sponsor can pay the visa fees for you with his card, just give him your username and password so he can process the payment for you then you can conclude the application. Same with the NHS, you'd need to create an account for that and he can also make payment for you.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phaara: 8:01pm On Aug 11, 2015
newbie715:

Dear Phaara

Yes, your sponsor can pay the visa fees for you with his card, just give him your username and password so he can process the payment for you then you can conclude the application. Same with the NHS, you'd need to create an account for that and he can also make payment for you.

Best of luck.

R u sure??
i mean can he pay fees in pakistani currency through his Gbp credit card??
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tp2(f): 8:41pm On Aug 11, 2015
girlfio:

Freshest04 is right. It's a lot more difficult to prove your knowledge of English via the degree route. Best to submit your English test pass result along with your degree certificate, don't give them any room to refuse you on that point.
. Thanks guys, please I need guidance for the process of the test i.e how to apply for the test and how long it takes to get result
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Obas222: 9:19pm On Aug 11, 2015
@newbie715 did you later get a email from Sheffield about your documents? And have they called your husband for his interview? I submitted my own spouse visa application in June too and I did not get any email from them

Hi Karen,

Yes my spouse sent by guaranteed next day delivery and he has tracked it, it shows it got to the P.O Box address on the 25th of June but they still haven't updated me by email that they have received it so I am waiting. Thanks[/quote].

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Freshest04: 9:28pm On Aug 11, 2015
Hi everyone, Its testimony time!!! Yayyyy!!! After months of waiting, dear visa is here grin grin. I was tensed cos hubby wasn't called unlike the timelines I have seen on this forum.

Here's my timeline
May 21, 2015- submitted application online
May 26th - Went for biometrics and was interviewed
May 27th - recieved email from UKVI that they have received my application.
June 8th - supporting documents received by Sheffield. Note that I didn't receive an email to this effect, just the postal delivery report. I thought this as unusual unlike what I have seen on this forum, but hubby told me not to get worried.
And so the wait began, it was a long wait. I was waiting to hear hubby say he has been invited for an interview. For where, no info.
Jul 30th - hubby contacted UKVI via email requesting an update
Jul 31st - emailed response of no current updates. We were asked to provide info for case to be expedited
Aug 2nd - Case escalated
Aug 4th -Email from UKVI stating the application in question is awaiting ECO assessment
Aug 6th - Received an email from UKVI that a decision have been made. I experienced an intense session of heart palpitations. Hubby was not called for an interview and I was so scared it meant a refusal. Most timelines I have read, have that interview and then a positive response. He thought it probably meant our application was well arranged... lol. He was right grin
Aug 7th - Supporting documents returned to hubby. (we were both confused as d photocopies were returned, but all na tension)
Aug 10th - Email from teleperfomance that passport is ready collection
Aug 11th - Taadah!!!! Passport collected, visa stamped 4th Aug!! Hubby and I are over excited and extremely grateful to God.

Thanks girlfio,Lexusgs430 and everyone for ur contributions on this forum. I hope my timeline helps someone in need of answers.

4 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:31pm On Aug 11, 2015
Freshest04:
Hi everyone, Its testimony time!!! Yayyyy!!! After months of waiting, dear visa is here grin grin. I was tensed cos hubby wasn't called unlike the timelines I have seen on this forum.

Here's my timeline
June 8th - supporting documents received by Sheffield. Note that I didn't receive an email to this effect, just the postal delivery report. I thought this as unusual unlike what I have seen on this forum, but hubby told me not to get worried.
And so the wait began, it was a long wait. I was waiting to hear hubby say he has been invited for an interview. For where, no info.
Jul 31st - emailed response of no current updates. We were asked to provide info for case to be expedited
Aug 2nd - Case escalated
Aug 4th -Email from UKVI stating the application in question is awaiting ECO assessment
Aug 6th - Received an email from UKVI that a decision have been made. I experienced an intense session of heart palpitations. Hubby was not called for an interview and I was so scared it meant a refusal. Most timelines I have read, have that interview and then a positive response. He thought it probably meant our application was well arranged... lol. He was right grin
Aug 7th - Supporting documents returned to hubby. (we were both confused as d photocopies were returned, but all na tension)
Aug 11th - Taadah!!!! Passport collected, visa stamped 4th Aug!! Hubby and I are over excited and extremely grateful to God.

Thanks girlfio,Lexusgs430 and everyone for ur contributions on this forum. I hope my timeline helps someone in need of answers.

Congratulations. Would be expecting our invite to Nandos, for a celebration feast!!!

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 7:36am On Aug 12, 2015
Congratulations Freshest04, great news. According to Lexusgs430 looks like we're all meeting up at Nandos, woohooo!! grin

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benuromi: 8:58am On Aug 12, 2015
Hello Obas222, I received your email.

quote author=Obas222 post=36858852]@newbie715 did you later get a email from Sheffield about your documents? And have they called your husband for his interview? I submitted my own spouse visa application in June too and I did not get any email from them

Hi Karen,

Yes my spouse sent by guaranteed next day delivery and he has tracked it, it shows it got to the P.O Box address on the 25th of June but they still haven't updated me by email that they have received it so I am waiting. Thanks. [/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:37am On Aug 12, 2015
Freshest04:

Here's my timeline
Aug 2nd - Case escalated

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:38am On Aug 12, 2015
tp2:
. Thanks guys, please I need guidance for the process of the test i.e how to apply for the test and how long it takes to get result

Your degree certificate is good enough and its recognized by British embassy

Take English language test if you want to
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Freshest04: 10:51am On Aug 12, 2015
girlfio:
Congratulations Freshest04, great news. According to Lexusgs430 looks like we're all meeting up at Nandos, woohooo!! grin

Thanks grin.... Nandos... no prob. Just a lil minor detail, I never cross border before, so I don't know Nandos...hehhehehe. oh yes, google will help. Brb.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Freshest04: 10:52am On Aug 12, 2015
justwise:

Congratulations!

Thanks justwise grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 7:23pm On Aug 12, 2015
Congratulations freshest 04.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tp2(f): 11:55am On Aug 13, 2015
Thanks @ Justwise, God bless you. Still have other questions to ask, hope you don't mind
justwise:

Your degree certificate is good enough and its recognized by British embassy

Take English language test if you want to
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by GHM4EVA: 8:23pm On Aug 16, 2015
@Benuromi....

Just saw your message. So happy for you.....

We thank God.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by GHM4EVA: 8:24pm On Aug 16, 2015
Benuromi:
As i promised to come back to give my timeline. First, i want to thanks JUSTWISE, GHM4EVA for all your advice. Also to DAMYOYEPITAN, i found you in Narialand and thanks you for all your calls and advice. i won't forget KEN (Birmingham) for all your daily calls, your advice play a big roles. You are now my brother and part of my family now and thanks to your wife too. And to those i couldn't mention here, God will bless you all. You will always find favour when you need it.

My wife spouse visa timeline.

7th May 2015: Filled online application form and NHS subcharge. i sent the password to my wife to log in and print out the application form included all receipts.

12th May 2015: She went for her biometric, submitted her TB certificate, passport and was interviewed in skype the same day. They asked her to spell her full name, to spell husband full names, when and how we met, when she saw me last, if she have any relatives in UK, where is her parents and her job.

13th May 2015: she received an email from UKVI that they have received her application and the will let her know when decision is made.

5th June 2015: I received a call from a guy and asked me to attend interview on the 12th June but i told him i was on shift that day as i am not sure i will get it off if i take that date. He asked me my other day off, i gave him 16th and 17th June. He took 16th.

16th June 2015: i went for interviewed at Schegen VAC, The Battleship Building, 179 Harrow Road, London for 13.00 (1pm). I got there as early as 10.00am as i don't want to be late. Because i was there early, they called me in at 12.00 embarassed embarassed. I went into the small room ( scared as i don't know what to expect) and a lady was there waiting for me on Skype. she drill me for about 30mins but thanks God i gave her all the right answer as i was prepared.

16th June 2015: my wife received email from sheffield that they are unable to verify her PTE test online and asked her to allocate it to UKVI for verification. when we forward the result to UKBA, we forgot to tick it which allowed them to verify it. I was running around try to sort it out which i eventually did because they gave us only 7 days to sort it out or her application will be refused. I sent the numerous email and post some letters to them without reply from them.

14th July 2015: After i have sent a lot of email, she received this email below:
Dear Mrs xxxxxxxx,

Your application is in the queue awaiting further processing by an Entry Clearance Officer, if there are any problems verifying your test results you will be contacted.

UKVI aims to complete settlement applications within 12 weeks. Any emails sent for updates prior to this time elapsing will not be responded to.

Regards

S.H.
Correspondence Unit - UK Region
Home Office - UKVI - International Operations & Visas
4th Floor, Vulcan House (Iron),
6 Millsands, Sheffield,
S3 8NU.

24th July 2015: My wife received an email from UKVI that a decision have been made and should expect the passport within 3-5days. That is when my heart bit was racing 1,000,000 mile per hour. ( 11 WEEKS & 3 DAYS)

28th July 2015: she received email from Teleperformance that her passport was ready for collection.

30th July 2015: My wife went to teleperformance and collected her passport and she open the passport right there and wow, spouse visa stamped on it date 23rd, July 2015. I couldn't eat that day. it seems like a dream but it was life. A journey of a mile start with a step. i will post my supporting documents to give new applicant an idea. Book her ticket already. so so happy now.

If you take time to plan, seek advice, you will get a good result.
Once again to my brother i met in Narialand, KEN (Birmingham) and his wife, thank you so much. you supported me from starting to the end even if we have not see face to face, we will see soon. i won't forget about the ticket lol but i bought it finally. Also to DAMYOYEPITAN, Thanks you for all you effort. God Almight will bless you families and everyone who contributed but not mention here. Non of you will ever lack.

NB
Please, it will be nice if everyone that got advice here come back to give timeline and experience. It will help other new applicants just as you was advice before you applied. I know it take time and stress to seat down and type everything but every help you give to someone worth it.
I wish all new applicant God favour on your side. Don't rush your application. take time to gather all necessary documents. Sorry for any English mistake or typing error as i am already tired seating here composing my journey.

LONG LIVE EVERYONE,
LONG LIVE NARIALAND.

Congratulations Benuromi....

So happy for you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 12:14am On Aug 18, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I really thank God. It's Yay time again grin The visa has come. grin I am really happy I discovered this forum‎. It guided me while I was putting documents together for submission and answered questions I had even after submission. I am particularly grateful to Justwise, Kazan and Girlfio cool for the suggestions then Karen (Portsmouth86) for crossing fingers and toes for me smiley.

Here is my timeline, it took more time than usual but that's because I had a setback so don't be discouraged.‎

March 23rd: I did the chest Xray for TB test then online submission‎

March 24th: ‎I was supposed to pick up the TB certificate and go for biometrics. Because I don't live in Lagos, I took 2 days off so that I could do the Xray, collect the certificate the next day then go on to submit passport and do biometrics but when I went to pick up the certificate, I was told that the Xray was abnormal, they said it was probably because I had pneumonia in 2013 and I had cough when I did the Xray, so I was told that I couldn't get a certificate as they don't work with maybes so they said they'd book me for sputum test, I had to come and cough and give them sample for 3 consecutive mornings and wait for 8 weeks atleast for the result (I couldn't believe my ears sad) but I had no choice so I did it, the result came out almost 9 weeks later so I picked it up and did biometrics on the 11th of June so I lost almost 3 months between online submission and biometrics, I had to keep going online to move my submission date so that my application will still be valid and because of the wait, I fell into the health surcharge period so I paid that as well.

June 11th: Submission, Biometrics and Skype interview‎

June ‎24th: Supporting documents sent to Sheffield

June 25th: We tracked the documents and we saw they had been delivered but I thought I was going to get an email confirming that they had received them. (it was at this point that Karen was crossing fingers and toes for me) It never came so I guess they don't acknowledge it‎

July 23rd: Hubby was called for interview

July 28th: Hubby had the interview‎ and when he asked the interviewer when we were likely to know the outcome, he told him 2 weeks that this is a busy period for them.

August 10th: I got ‎an email from Sheffield saying they had made a decision and that I'd get the passport within 3-5 work days

August 13th: I got 2 emails from Teleperformance, one in the morning saying a decision had been made that I will be contacted when they receive my passport. The second email came in the evening‎ stating that they had my passport so I should come and pick up.

August 17: I picked up the passport and it had Visa that had been issued on 31/07/2015. Yayyyy‎ grin grin

I am very happy and I am glad for all the feedback I got on this forum, what justwise has done here is highly commendable, not only did he create the thread but he constantly checks and assists people. Well done.

What I have to add is that everybody's ‎case is different. I didn't do the English test, we didn't have call log, o‎nly email history (lots of it) and BBM chat (just a few recent chats), because we had both changed phones severally we didn't have the old chats anymore. We are both busy at work during the day so we don't speak but we send loads of email then we Skype or do BBM call in the evening, we didn't print out the Skype but we had tickets and hotel reservations for holidays we took together, (3 holidays in total) so that and the email log was what we used as evidence of communication plus Hubby has been to Nigeria 4 times this year and about the same last year so we added the stamped pages of his passport showing the visits. Also a friend of mine was denied settlement Visa last month and one of the reasons is that she didn't state she knew her husband the 2 times she applied for visit visa but her records show that they had met as at that time. I fall into that category but they still gave me the visa...Thank God. Yaaay. The point is if you feel you are lacking in one area, do an overload of the one you have to prove that you have that area covered.

If anyone has any questions, I'd be more than happy to assist.

Thank you everyone once more, Nandos crew, are new members still welcome

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:29am On Aug 18, 2015
@newbie715

Congratulations! Really happy for you

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by abiodunsulayman: 11:17am On Aug 18, 2015
[quote author=GHM4EVA post=37026830]

Congratulations Benuromi....

Congrats Benuromi, Could you kindly give us the email address you severally sent before they eventually replied you on the
14th July 2015: you said 'After i have sent a lot of email, she received this email below:
Dear Mrs xxxxxxxx,

Your application is in the queue awaiting further processing by an Entry Clearance Officer, if there are any problems verifying your test results you will be contacted.

UKVI aims to complete settlement applications within 12 weeks. Any emails sent for updates prior to this time elapsing will not be responded to.

Regards

S.H.
6 Millsands, Sheffield,
S3 8NU.''

I submitted my settlement application the same day with your wife 12th May, 2015 but up to now, I have not heard a word or email from them, their international inquiry is as usual 'application in progress'. Now is going to 15weeks, almost 75 working days of submission as against their 12weeks. Me and my family are very worried and psychologically pained. I want to join my family in the UK. kindly forward us the email so that I could contact the home office at Sheffield, they should realize the pain the family passes through for this long waiting period.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by abiodunsulayman: 11:56am On Aug 18, 2015
Congrats Benuromi, Could you kindly give us the email address you severally sent before they eventually replied you on the
14th July 2015: you said 'After i have sent a lot of email, she received this email below:
Dear Mrs xxxxxxxx,

Regards

S.H.
6 Millsands, Sheffield,
S3 8NU.''

I submitted my settlement application the same day with your wife 12th May, 2015 but up to now, I have not heard a word or email from them, their international inquiry is as usual 'application in progress'. Now is going to 15weeks, almost 75 working days of submission as against their 12weeks. Me and my family are very worried and psychologically pained. I want to join my family in the UK. kindly forward us the email so that I could contact the home office at Sheffield, they should realize the pain the family passes through for this long waiting period.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benuromi: 1:21am On Aug 19, 2015
abiodunsulayman:
Dear Mrs xxxxxxxx,

Regards

S.H.
6 Millsands, Sheffield,
S3 8NU.''

Sorry to hear that. I know how u feel and I hope u hear from them soon. The email I used then was VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by GreenLion821: 1:10pm On Aug 19, 2015
Hello everyone
I have been following this forum for 5 months now and I managed to put in my spouse visa application. To the glory of God, it was granted. I want to say a very big thank you to all the contributors especially Just-wise, Girlflo and others. Your comments timelines and outline of different experiences really made the process more bearable. Without the information from here it would have been a much more unpleasant experience. My prayer for you all is that you all get helpers in your time of need in the name of the most high.

My timeline experience 2015

May 24th - Filled in online application and made payment both for the application and NHS surcharge.

June 2nd - Submitted application, Had biometrics done and a brief interview. (Only documents belonging to me and in my name were collected I.e passport, TB test , application forms, bank statements, degree certificates)

June 4th - Spouse sent all other supporting documents via DHL (tracked it and it arrived Sheffield within 3 days) no acknowledgement of receipt email was gotten from UKBA Sheffield.

June11 - email from Sheffield stating that we did not include a self addressed special delivery envelope. (We ignored this as my spouse was convinced she included one which would have been clearly seen as it was the first thing in the package. We did not send another one)

Jun 30 - missed the call from Ukba Sheffield message left that they would call back within 48 hrs

Jul 2- another missed call from Ukba Sheffield.

Jul 25 - spouse contacted pay as you go UKBA customer care number to state we had missed two calls and had no other contact for 3 weeks. We were told to stay close to our phones because they only attempt to call 3 times before the application is returned.

No other contact after this (spouse DID NOT attend any interview)

14 Aug - decision made email from Ukba Sheffield (I was convinced our application had been returned. Did not sleep for days because I had used ALL the money I had to do this application and putting another one in would be impossible for a while).

15 Aug - supporting documents returned with the enclosed self addressed envelope

18 Aug - two emails from tele performance Victoria Island

19 Aug - passport picked up with visa Dated 8th August

As the earlier poster said, everyone's case is different.

The key I think is careful planning, get as much information as possible before applying, explain any ambiguity that may affect your application in a carefully written easy to understand cover letter and of course most important, PRAY TO GOD.

I am sooo soooo grin happy grin

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nathan15: 3:30pm On Aug 19, 2015
Hello every one this is my first time here my husband appeal was allowed in May 2015, my husband was ask to send his passport and his Tb certificate to UK visa and immigration in Sheffield and it was delivered and signed for on 31/07/2015, pls do any know how long it takes to get the passport and Tb certificate back.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 5:33pm On Aug 19, 2015
Great news Greenlion, so happy for you guys, God is good. grin grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 5:37pm On Aug 19, 2015
Nathan15:
Hello every one this is my first time here my husband appeal was allowed in May 2015, my husband was ask to send his passport and his Tb certificate to UK visa and immigration in Sheffield and it was delivered and signed for on 31/07/2015, pls do any know how long it takes to get the passport and Tb certificate back.

TelePerformance have been known to take their time to notify people of received passports. It might be worth first sending an email to Sheffield, give them a few days to respond. If you don't hear anything, if it's not too far away from you, just go to the teleperformance and check if it's arrived.

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.