Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1034880 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:25am On Oct 08, 2015
Winso26:
Hello everyone,
Urgent advise needed.
When I made my initial application we employed the services of a lawyer, but when the application was refused due to the mistake on the part of the lawyer, and that he was only interested in the fees. He initial charge us £900 which was fully paid. So when my wife and I decided to do the appeal on our own, surprisely we got another instruction to pay another £300, that he has logged an appeal for us. That's was when our problems started, we immediately told him to dis-logged whatever he has logged, he refused. My wife and I went ahead with our own well planned appeal as my wife the non-legal representative and to the glory of God, the appeal was allowed.
The problem is now, I've written to the Sheffield office to tell them of the severed relationship with the lawyer but surprisely we received an email from the lawyer yesterday the following messages:

''Please make arrangements to attend our Watford Office to collect the latest correspondence from the Home Office regarding your husband’s entry clearance.
Please contact me to arrange an appointment.''

I have been waiting for them to tell me to send in my passport because I got my promulgation since 31/07/2015. How do I handle this situation now. Do I have right to demand that message?
Please, good advice.
Winso26

Since the lawyer did not represent you in court and was told not to then go to his office to collect your package and pay him nothing. You will not be forced to pay for service you did not use.

If he refuses get the police involved immediately
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 8:38am On Oct 08, 2015
newbie715:
Hello Everyone,

I really thank God. It's Yay time again grin The visa has come. grin I am really happy I discovered this forum‎. It guided me while I was putting documents together for submission and answered questions I had even after submission. I am particularly grateful to Justwise, Kazan and Girlfio cool for the suggestions then Karen (Portsmouth86) for crossing fingers and toes for me smiley.

Here is my timeline, it took more time than usual but that's because I had a setback so don't be discouraged.‎

March 23rd: I did the chest Xray for TB test then online submission‎

March 24th: ‎I was supposed to pick up the TB certificate and go for biometrics. Because I don't live in Lagos, I took 2 days off so that I could do the Xray, collect the certificate the next day then go on to submit passport and do biometrics but when I went to pick up the certificate, I was told that the Xray was abnormal, they said it was probably because I had pneumonia in 2013 and I had cough when I did the Xray, so I was told that I couldn't get a certificate as they don't work with maybes so they said they'd book me for sputum test, I had to come and cough and give them sample for 3 consecutive mornings and wait for 8 weeks atleast for the result (I couldn't believe my ears sad) but I had no choice so I did it, the result came out almost 9 weeks later so I picked it up and did biometrics on the 11th of June so I lost almost 3 months between online submission and biometrics, I had to keep going online to move my submission date so that my application will still be valid and because of the wait, I fell into the health surcharge period so I paid that as well.

June 11th: Submission, Biometrics and Skype interview‎

June ‎24th: Supporting documents sent to Sheffield

June 25th: We tracked the documents and we saw they had been delivered but I thought I was going to get an email confirming that they had received them. (it was at this point that Karen was crossing fingers and toes for me) It never came so I guess they don't acknowledge it‎

July 23rd: Hubby was called for interview

July 28th: Hubby had the interview‎ and when he asked the interviewer when we were likely to know the outcome, he told him 2 weeks that this is a busy period for them.

August 10th: I got ‎an email from Sheffield saying they had made a decision and that I'd get the passport within 3-5 work days

August 13th: I got 2 emails from Teleperformance, one in the morning saying a decision had been made that I will be contacted when they receive my passport. The second email came in the evening‎ stating that they had my passport so I should come and pick up.

August 17: I picked up the passport and it had Visa that had been issued on 31/07/2015. Yayyyy‎ grin grin

I am very happy and I am glad for all the feedback I got on this forum, what justwise has done here is highly commendable, not only did he create the thread but he constantly checks and assists people. Well done.

What I have to add is that everybody's ‎case is different. I didn't do the English test, we didn't have call log, o‎nly email history (lots of it) and BBM chat (just a few recent chats), because we had both changed phones severally we didn't have the old chats anymore. We are both busy at work during the day so we don't speak but we send loads of email then we Skype or do BBM call in the evening, we didn't print out the Skype but we had tickets and hotel reservations for holidays we took together, (3 holidays in total) so that and the email log was what we used as evidence of communication plus Hubby has been to Nigeria 4 times this year and about the same last year so we added the stamped pages of his passport showing the visits. Also a friend of mine was denied settlement Visa last month and one of the reasons is that she didn't state she knew her husband the 2 times she applied for visit visa but her records show that they had met as at that time. I fall into that category but they still gave me the visa...Thank God. Yaaay. The point is if you feel you are lacking in one area, do an overload of the one you have to prove that you have that area covered.

Hiya, i hope you are well.

This is my only issue on documents, I have photos, letter, Christmas/birthday cards i gave to hubby.

however i lost all my whatsapp conversations by changing handsets, however i have called him almost everyday since July 2014 on Rebtel which i am able to print off a full itemised listing, do you think this should be ok, i will have whatsapp from begining of September until application.

thank you xx

If anyone has any questions, I'd be more than happy to assist.

Thank you everyone once more, Nandos crew, are new members still welcome
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ToyinNick: 10:13am On Oct 08, 2015
Thanks Newbie,

In regards to the 2wks deadline...my hubby submitted the form, tb, etc and did his bio in Lagos, he was told that they will send his application form to sheffield within 2wks, and that he should send the supporting documents within 2 weeks. it's going to be 2weeks on Monday, that's why I am worried...I don't want anything to happen to it.
Secondly, I am also worried because my documents were sent in two envelopes because of the weight, so I had to divide it, I just hope they will get them together, although I put the reference number on each envelope and document.

However, your last response really helped and encouraged me...I was getting all worked up and stressed cos of the whole thing...I pray I get a positive result at the end, fingers crossed...Thanks
newbie715:

Hello, don't work yourself up. If you read through my message when I got the visa, I stated that I never got an email confirming the delivery of my supporting documents, the postal address you sent to is the same one I used not the Vulcan House one and just like the email you said you received and posted here stated, mails from both addresses get delivered to the same office then they sort and I told you in my earlier post that it took almost a month after we mailed the documents before my hubby was contacted, I think it was just 2 days shy of a month. I'd advice you just hold on and tell your spouse to keep an eye out for the phone call. It seems like forever when you are waiting I know but it won't be long now anymore.

I don't quite get what you said about the two weeks deadline, can you explain?

All the best.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 11:24am On Oct 08, 2015
Hello everyone, need help, tickets problems, can I travel through dubai(Emirates airline) without transit visa.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by destinstion2016: 4:13pm On Oct 08, 2015
@justwise, lexusgs430 or anyone with good information can you help with advise on this case.

Just had my Settlement Application denied on Monday 5th October. the ECO denied on the financial requirement of my spouse.

We applied based on the Category B, 5.3.9 of the Financial guidelines on pg. 25. ECO said he won't take into consideration her previous work in Nigeria because it ended 3 days after the 12months window she's expected to have been in employment outside the UK.

We have now collected payslip from her previuos employer in Nigeria which countered the ECO assumption that she was on Fully paid 3 months maternity leave after the date the ECO said her employment ended in Nigeria.

She had our son in the UK in June 2014 and left Nigeria same June 2014, the ECO who i guess believed since she returned to UK since June 2014 then her employment ended in June 2014.

She has done 4month work with an Agency in the UK at £100/day at the time I applied in July 3rd 2015 so was earning like £2000/month gross at that time.

The ECO refusal was based on his assumption that her previous work ended June 2014 and not September 2014.

We have contacted the MP in the area And he has forwarded our request for review to the home office, his PA has been helpful so far.

Wanna ask if I should go ahead to lodge an appeal straight on mindful of the 28days I have to Appeal or wait till the outcome of the Review Request by the MP is concluded. Thanks for the pleasant job you and other guys 're doing here.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:43pm On Oct 08, 2015
willwin2:
Hello everyone, need help, tickets problems, can I travel through dubai(Emirates airline) without transit visa.

Yes you can. But ensure your transit time is bearable. You would not be allowed to exit airport terminals.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:47pm On Oct 08, 2015
destinstion2016:
@justwise, lexusgs430 or anyone with good information can you help with advise on this case.

Just had my Settlement Application denied on Monday 5th October. the ECO denied on the financial requirement of my spouse.

We applied based on the Category B, 5.3.9 of the Financial guidelines on pg. 25. ECO said he won't take into consideration her previous work in Nigeria because it ended 3 days after the 12months window she's expected to have been in employment outside the UK.

We have now collected payslip from her previuos employer in Nigeria which countered the ECO assumption that she was on Fully paid 3 months maternity leave after the date the ECO said her employment ended in Nigeria.

She had our son in the UK in June 2014 and left Nigeria same June 2014, the ECO who i guess believed since she returned to UK since June 2014 then her employment ended in June 2014.

She has done 4month work with an Agency in the UK at £100/day at the time I applied in July 3rd 2015 so was earning like £2000/month gross at that time.

The ECO refusal was based on his assumption that her previous work ended June 2014 and not September 2014.

We have contacted the MP in the area And he has forwarded our request for review to the home office, his PA has been helpful so far.

Wanna ask if I should go ahead to lodge an appeal straight on mindful of the 28days I have to Appeal or wait till the outcome of the Review Request by the MP is concluded. Thanks for the pleasant job you and other guys 're doing here.

Lodge an appeal and state the ECO' s discrepancies in bullet points to highlight your position based on their refusals.
Don't lose the appeals window of opportunity!!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by destinstion2016: 4:59pm On Oct 08, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Lodge an appeal and state the ECO' s discrepancies in bullet points to highlight your position based on their refusals.
Don't lose the appeals window of opportunity!!!!

Thanks kindly assist with the link to the appeal body and the procedure please
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:12pm On Oct 08, 2015
destinstion2016:

Thanks kindly assist with the link to the appeal body and the procedure please

The appeal procedures, routes and process and all relevant information, would be included in your refusal pack.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by destinstion2016: 5:24pm On Oct 08, 2015
Lexusgs430:

The appeal procedures, routes and process and all relevant information, would be included in your refusal pack.

Nothing was attached to the refusal note. Aside a space where it was indicated I am entitled to appeal

The IAFT-6 notice of appeal form was not included in my pack.

Just had the refusal of entry clearance sheet and my passport in the envelope. All documents I submitted here in Nigeria were sent to my wife along with her own rather having mine sent back to me and hers to her.

It was really a shaddy job by the ECO and so much inconsistencies in his writeup. There are many grounds for appeal.

I also have a link www.gov.UK/immigration-asylum-tribunal/appeal-from-outside-the-uk as the only thing on the refusal sheet. Don't know if its same appeal link since this read asylum.

How do I get the form since he forgot to add it to my refusal pack?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:40pm On Oct 08, 2015
destinstion2016:

Nothing was attached to the refusal note. Aside a space where it was indicated I am entitled to appeal

The IAFT-6 notice of appeal form was not included in my pack.

Just had the refusal of entry clearance sheet and my passport in the envelope. All documents I submitted here in Nigeria were sent to my wife along with her own rather having mine sent back to me and hers to her.

It was really a shaddy job by the ECO and so much inconsistencies in his writeup. There are many grounds for appeal.

I also have a link www.gov.UK/immigration-asylum-tribunal/appeal-from-outside-the-uk as the only thing on the refusal sheet. Don't know if its same appeal link since this read asylum.

How do I get the form since he forgot to add it to my refusal pack?

The IAFT-6 is available online. Download and fill. If you can't, I can send you a copy.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by destinstion2016: 5:53pm On Oct 08, 2015
Lexusgs430:

The IAFT-6 is available online. Download and fill. If you can't, I can send you a copy.

Thanks I have seen that. Can I do the appeal from here or allow my wife do it from her end in UK?

Then what's the right address to send the documents and evidence for appeal to.

Lexusxs430 justwise am I entitled to request for an administrative Review? And what tier does a settlement visa belong to?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 7:36pm On Oct 08, 2015
[quote author=Portsmouth86 post=38775214][/quote]

Hi Karen,

Sorry I didn't notice the part where you asked the question earlier, it was embedded in my own write up.

About the supporting documents for communication, I think the call log from July last year and the whatsapp from September this year should work, what you can do is to state in your letter that you lost the previous whatsapp chats then you can also include your ticket print out for your visits to Nigeria and any other correspondence.

I wish you the best

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 8:24pm On Oct 08, 2015
newbie715:

Hi Karen,

Sorry I didn't notice the part where you asked the question earlier, it was embedded in my own write up.

About the supporting documents for communication, I think the call log from July last year and the whatsapp from September this year should work, what you can do is to state in your letter that you lost the previous whatsapp chats then you can also include your ticket print out for your visits to Nigeria and any other correspondence.

I wish you the best

Thank you, I appreciate the help greatly from everyone.

I'm off to Nigeria next week and I just managed to change my return for just £25 fee as I used my airmiles to pay for it I only had to pay taxes.
The Iberia one I had to cancel as my work had cancelled my holiday then they granted it so claimed the ticket cost from them smiley

Just waiting on my own visa now hope it hurries up lol x

Take care x
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:49am On Oct 09, 2015
Hi all

Please could anyone advise.

Which appendix is it that hubby needs to apply under, for his spouse visa, my salary exceeds the minimum financial requirements.
my understanding is its the VAF4A and the (PERSONAL DETAILS & APPENDIX 2 financial requirements) however I would like clarification on this.

Hubby is applying as my spouse, and I meet/exceeds the financial requirements with no children.

These are all confusing, I find myself getting anxious just reading up and making sure i have all relevant paperwork smiley

Thank you in advance, stay blessed

Karen
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:59am On Oct 09, 2015
Winso26:
Hello everyone,
Urgent advise needed.
When I made my initial application we employed the services of a lawyer, but when the application was refused due to the mistake on the part of the lawyer, and that he was only interested in the fees. He initial charge us £900 which was fully paid. So when my wife and I decided to do the appeal on our own, surprisely we got another instruction to pay another £300, that he has logged an appeal for us. That's was when our problems started, we immediately told him to dis-logged whatever he has logged, he refused. My wife and I went ahead with our own well planned appeal as my wife the non-legal representative and to the glory of God, the appeal was allowed.
The problem is now, I've written to the Sheffield office to tell them of the severed relationship with the lawyer but surprisely we received an email from the lawyer yesterday the following messages:

''Please make arrangements to attend our Watford Office to collect the latest correspondence from the Home Office regarding your husband’s entry clearance.
Please contact me to arrange an appointment.''

I have been waiting for them to tell me to send in my passport because I got my promulgation since 31/07/2015. How do I handle this situation now. Do I have right to demand that message?
Please, good advice.
Winso26

I would complain to the law firm he is under, if this fails state you will make a formal complaint to the Legal Ombudsman

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/for-the-public/faqs/complaining-about-a-solicitor/

http://www.nigeria-law.org/Rules%20of%20Professional%20Conduct%20in%20the%20Legal%20Profession.htm
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Winso26: 5:04pm On Oct 09, 2015
Thanks all for your time and contributation, expecially @Justwish, Lexusgs430 and Portsmouth86. I am very grateful as God has done a miraculous work. I got this email from Sheffield visa section today:

"The decision to refuse your visa application has been overturned and our office is now ready to issue you a UK Visa. To complete this process we require that you submit your passport to our office at:

International Operations & Visas
Sheffield Visa Section
Vulcan House Iron, 4th Floor
6 Millsands
Sheffield
S3 8NU

It is recommended that an international courier is used to submit your passport.

You will also need to provide a valid TB certificate as you will not be allowed entry to the UK without this."

This means I don't need to bother myself with the lawyer.
Thank you all, I am so happy right now.
Kinds
Winso26

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 5:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
destinstion2016:

You have a strong case but if i were you i will wait for the outcome of the MP's intervention because that will be quicker, appeal may take ages.

Keep your eyes on the 28days duration so as to act just in case the review delays
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 5:35pm On Oct 09, 2015
Winso26:
Thanks all for your time and contributation, expecially @Justwish, Lexusgs430 and Portsmouth86. I am very grateful as God has done a miraculous work. I got this email from Sheffield visa section today:

"The decision to refuse your visa application has been overturned and our office is now ready to issue you a UK Visa. To complete this process we require that you submit your passport to our office at:

Sheffield Visa Section
6 Millsands
Sheffield
S3 8NU

It is recommended that an international courier is used to submit your passport.

You will also need to provide a valid TB certificate as you will not be allowed entry to the UK without this."

Kinds
Winso26

Great! Congratulations!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
Winso26:

Sheffield Visa Section
6 Millsands
Sheffield
S3 8NU

Kinds
Winso26

Nandos invitation card expected.
Congratulations!!!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:28pm On Oct 09, 2015
Winso26:

Sheffield Visa Section
6 Millsands
Sheffield
S3 8NU

Kinds
Winso26

A lawyer is not always needed for less complex issues, when we have seasoned volunteers on nairaland, why bother paying lawyers fees?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:02am On Oct 10, 2015
Winso26:

Sheffield Visa Section
6 Millsands
Sheffield
S3 8NU

Kinds
Winso26

Congrats, deffo dont need no lawyers.

I myself am constantly researching online and come here to clarify a few things, to make sure I have the right understanding. Everyone on here is so welcoming.

My hubby is applying first week of November so I am going over everything.

Im off to Nigeria next week and will be taking copies of hubby's TB and IELTS certificates, to add to my file smiley

God bless

Karen
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:56am On Oct 10, 2015
Portsmouth86:

Congrats, deffo dont need no lawyers.

I myself am constantly researching online and come here to clarify a few things, to make sure I have the right understanding. Everyone on here is so welcoming.

My hubby is applying first week of November so I am going over everything.

Im off to Nigeria next week and will be taking copies of hubby's TB and IELTS certificates, to add to my file smiley

God bless

Karen

With all the wealth of information you have now, the ECO officer would definitely know, you are fully armed and prepared.
You should invite us to the bar of Apartment Royale & Suites (just the bar, we don't need to be a fly on the wall in the bedroom)!!!!
Lol

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 3:12am On Oct 10, 2015
Lexusgs430:

With all the wealth of information you have now, the ECO officer would definitely know, you are fully armed and prepared.
You should invite us to the bar of Apartment Royale & Suites (just the bar, we don't need to be a fly on the wall in the bedroom)!!!!
Lol

I have become very obsessive over my files, but then ive always done spreadsheets and budgets on my income and outgoings, i found this link and im sure its me 100% smiley

http://www.wisebread.com/5-signs-that-youre-too-obsessed-with-your-budget

would be cool to have a celebratory drink smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:16am On Oct 10, 2015
Portsmouth86:

I have become very obsessive over my files, but then ive always done spreadsheets and budgets on my income and outgoings, i found this link and im sure its me 100% smiley

http://www.wisebread.com/5-signs-that-youre-too-obsessed-with-your-budget

would be cool to have a celebratory drink smiley

Gin & Coke + Orijin bitters + suya for me
Are u saying a little bit of OCD is on the cards?

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 3:51am On Oct 10, 2015
[quote author=Lexusgs430 post=38836802][/quote]

yep haha smiley

Gin & Coke ive heard of, whats the other two like?

I like JD & Coke or Malibu & pineapple juice nom nom
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:41am On Oct 10, 2015
Portsmouth86:

yep haha smiley

Gin & Coke ive heard of, whats the other two like?

I like JD & Coke or Malibu & pineapple juice nom nom

When u are royaling in Ikeja, consume Orijin bitters with your husband !!!! It's our local viagra!!! Suya is bbq beef or chicken.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 5:52am On Oct 10, 2015
Lexusgs430:

When u are royaling in Ikeja, consume Orijin bitters with your husband !!!! It's our local viagra!!! Suya is bbq beef or chicken.

ok nice i will ask him smiley he doesn't drink alcohol so i will have one for him haha smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:10am On Oct 10, 2015
Portsmouth86:

ok nice i will ask him smiley he doesn't drink alcohol so i will have one for him haha smiley

Have a splendid time on your holiday

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by bubsykay: 7:30am On Oct 10, 2015
@ justwise and other gurus in the house! Please I will like to know: if the spouse visa application process/ appeal I'm seeing here is the same when the principal is a graduate student and the wife wants to go meet him? thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:27am On Oct 10, 2015
bubsykay:
@ justwise and other gurus in the house! Please I will like to know: if the spouse visa application process/ appeal I'm seeing here is the same when the principal is a graduate student and the wife wants to go meet him? thank you.

No, that is visiting visa
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by bubsykay: 10:53am On Oct 10, 2015
justwise:

No, that is visiting visa

Thank you for the response sir! There is a dependent visa they do give to families of post graduate students (msc/phd), which allows them to stay with their spouse and permit them to work unlike the general visiting visa. Any idea?

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.