Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1034918 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:47am On Oct 10, 2015
bubsykay:

Thank you for the response sir! There is a dependent visa they do give to families of post graduate students (msc/phd), which allows them to stay with their spouse and permit them to work unlike the general visiting visa. Any idea?

All the info you need is here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-for-dependants-of-uk-visa-applicants-tiers-1-2-4-5 and here https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/family-members
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by bubsykay: 11:58am On Oct 10, 2015
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 9:00am On Oct 11, 2015
Hey all

About the NHS surcharge, on their web page does my husband select the following?

1)Are you currently in the UK? NO
2)Are you under 18 and in local authority care? NO
3)What is your nationality? NIGERIA
4)What is your visa route? SETTLEMENT
5)What is your visa type? HUSBAND
6)What is your date of birth? DD/MM/YYYY

Based on the information provided we have calculated that your total Immigration Health Surcharge is £600

Am I selecting the correct visa route and type?

He is applying for a UK Spouse visa, I meet the salary with no dependent children, thank you

Karen
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 9:08am On Oct 11, 2015
newbie715:

Hallo Karen,

Thank you very much. I got your email request, I will keep in touch.

Please don't let your hubby rush to get the TB cert as it has a 3 month validity.

You will be able to pay for the application and nhs surcharge, just log on to his account and effect payment with your credit card.

No, I haven't bought ticket yet, I will soon, I am giving one month notice at work first.

All the best with your application.

Warm Regards

Hey Newbie,

I just found out that this is valid for 6 months, not 3 months smiley

https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa/overview

i hope you are well
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 10:49am On Oct 11, 2015
Portsmouth86:

Hey Newbie,

I just found out that this is valid for 6 months, not 3 months smiley

https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa/overview

i hope you are well

Hi Karen,

I am well, you? Yes, I eventually found out that most have 6 months validity, mine had 3 months, I reckon because I did the xray then sputum tests so they reduced the validity of mine to 3 months. Apparently, a straight xray case has the maximum validity which is 6months.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 10:52am On Oct 11, 2015
Portsmouth86:
Hey all

About the NHS surcharge, on their web page does my husband select the following?

1)Are you currently in the UK? NO
2)Are you under 18 and in local authority care? NO
3)What is your nationality? NIGERIA
4)What is your visa route? SETTLEMENT
5)What is your visa type? HUSBAND
6)What is your date of birth? DD/MM/YYYY

Based on the information provided we have calculated that your total Immigration Health Surcharge is £600

Am I selecting the correct visa route and type?

He is applying for a UK Spouse visa, I meet the salary with no dependent children, thank you

Karen

Hi Karen,

Yes, that's the one.

Warm Regards

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:04am On Oct 12, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Have a splendid time on your holiday

thank you, im on my final nightshift before i go, only 2 days to sort out my cases, still my passport hasn't arrived with my visa though sad gotta chase it up in the morning shocked
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:51am On Oct 12, 2015
Portsmouth86:

thank you, im on my final nightshift before i go, only 2 days to sort out my cases, still my passport hasn't arrived with my visa though sad gotta chase it up in the morning shocked

I understand the anticipation, hopefully your visa would arrive this week.
Hope you enjoyed the last night shift?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 10:29am On Oct 12, 2015
Portsmouth86:

All the best, enjoy your holiday and your husband! grin Make sure you take loads of pictures for the application. Hope your passport arrives soon. If they haven't posted it out to you yet it might be worth travelling down to the embassy to pick it up instead if it's possible.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by papiwos: 4:21pm On Oct 12, 2015
goodday, please my wife is to start a new job this nov ending. we plan applying for spouse visa this oct so that we can all go back because of the stress of her being alone with our 7 months old baby. is there any hope?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:25pm On Oct 12, 2015
papiwos:
goodday, please my wife is to start a new job this nov ending. we plan applying for spouse visa this oct so that we can all go back because of the stress of her being alone with our 7 months old baby. is there any hope?

So many unanswered questions.
(1) Was she employed or unemployed prior to starting new job next month (November)
(2) Does she have all supporting documents
(3) From your question, seems she is presently resident in Nigeria
(4) How long has she been out of the UK, if I am interpreting your question correctly
(5) Any other question(s), that are deemed appropriate
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ToyinNick: 3:07pm On Oct 15, 2015
Hi Newbie, Justwise, and others, please what does it mean when I get this kind of response...does it mean that my documents have been received as well?

We are in receipt of a Visa Application for the above named person. We have noted that no pre-paid return envelope has been provided with the documents submitted by the above named applicant or their sponsor. Please provide a suitable sized envelope with appropriate postage so we can return all the supporting documents to your Sponsors UK address.

When a decision has been made, we will be unable to despatch your documents until we receive a pre-paid envelope.

Please send to:
Sheffield Visa Section
Vulcan House Iron, Floor 4
6 Millsands
Sheffield
S3 8NH

Please note that the applicant’s passport will not be despatched in this method and will instead be available for collection from the Visa Application Centre that the application was made at. Notification will be sent from the staff at the Visa Application Centre when the passport is ready for collection.

newbie715:

Hello, don't work yourself up. If you read through my message when I got the visa, I stated that I never got an email confirming the delivery of my supporting documents, the postal address you sent to is the same one I used not the Vulcan House one and just like the email you said you received and posted here stated, mails from both addresses get delivered to the same office then they sort and I told you in my earlier post that it took almost a month after we mailed the documents before my hubby was contacted, I think it was just 2 days shy of a month. I'd advice you just hold on and tell your spouse to keep an eye out for the phone call. It seems like forever when you are waiting I know but it won't be long now anymore.

I don't quite get what you said about the two weeks deadline, can you explain?

All the best.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 3:13pm On Oct 15, 2015
ToyinNick:
Hi Newbie, Justwise, and others, please what does it mean when I get this kind of response...does it mean that my documents have been received as well?

We are in receipt of a Visa Application for the above named person. We have noted that no pre-paid return envelope has been provided with the documents submitted by the above named applicant or their sponsor. Please provide a suitable sized envelope with appropriate postage so we can return all the supporting documents to your Sponsors UK address.

When a decision has been made, we will be unable to despatch your documents until we receive a pre-paid envelope.

Please send to:
Sheffield Visa Section
Vulcan House Iron, Floor 4
6 Millsands
Sheffield
S3 8NH

Please note that the applicant’s passport will not be despatched in this method and will instead be available for collection from the Visa Application Centre that the application was made at. Notification will be sent from the staff at the Visa Application Centre when the passport is ready for collection.

Yes they have received your application but you need to send them pre-paid envelop so as to return your documents when decision is made on your application
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ToyinNick: 3:41pm On Oct 15, 2015
Oh ok thanks Justwise, God bless!

I will give timeline as soon as everything is done...fingers crossed, gonna be good news!
justwise:

Yes they have received your application but you need to send them pre-paid envelop so as to return your documents when decision is made on your application
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 4:57pm On Oct 15, 2015
ToyinNick:
Oh ok thanks Justwise, God bless!

I will give timeline as soon as everything is done...fingers crossed, gonna be good news!

Amen
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 2:01pm On Oct 16, 2015
@ ToyinNick, Pls when do u submit and did biometric. Cos I sent supporting documents and had biometric on 15th September. But include self address envelope and didn't get sure message nor acknowledgement message for receive of document too.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ToyinNick: 7:55pm On Oct 16, 2015
Hi Oreskid,

I am the sponsor (British citizen). It was my hubby who did the biometric, and he did his bio on the 22nd of September.
What do you mean you include self address envelope, where?...I didn't quite get that!
Do you mean that you submitted the supporting document to Sheffield already?

If you are talking about the prepaid envelope, I am just going to send mine tomorrow (Saturday)

Btw, trust me on this, I was worried as well when I did not get email to say my documents have been received. I had to call them more than 20times and spoke to an adviser at the Embassy more than 20 times as well, even though they charged me £1.37. I had to put pressure on them...However I didn't even know that a decision had been made then cos I didn't get an email, but all of a sudden, they told me that I should send an envelope. When I spoke to the advisers, they do check their system, and will tell me that my document is not on their system. It was when I told the dude to escalate the matter, that he told me I will get a response in 5 days. In less than 5days (2/3days to be precise) I got the above message saying that I should send my prepaid envelope. Oreskid, you've just got to put pressure on them.
I believe that when I send my prepaid envelope, I will get a response next week.

Back to your Q, if you've sent your document and envelope, and you've nt heard from them, call them and tell them to escalate it, the adviser will get your details, and if you are nice to them, they will put your case upfront by prioritising it...Call them and let them know when you sent it and tell them to escalate it.
If you need their number or the site you can make a query, do lemme know...the query email helps as well because they get back within 48hrs or less.

Hope I have answered your Q, if not, expantiate further...and I will be willing to help.

Oreskid:
@ ToyinNick, Pls when do u submit and did biometric. Cos I sent supporting documents and had biometric on 15th September. But include self address envelope and didn't get sure message nor acknowledgement message for receive of document too.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 11:33pm On Oct 16, 2015
Ok
Just waiting for them to call but if u have the number u can give me. Thanks. Have u had a decision on urs too. ToyinNick just let me know how far when u re contacted too. I sent the envelope with stamp with my supporting doc. Yes sent the supporting doc since 15th sep and received on 17th September.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ToyinNick: 12:52pm On Oct 17, 2015
03001232241, choose option 2, and you can send your query by clicking on this link https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/

I did not get any email to say that my documents were received. I eventually got an email on Thurs, 15th october, (dunno why - thinking it's cos I pressurised them) saying I should send the prepaid envelope. But try and call, although they will request for your credit/debit card to pay with, and it's £1.37 per min. During my own time, I did not send the prepaid envelope, I only sent my supporting document on the 26th and was received on the 28th sept. They got back to me on the 15th october saying that I should send a prepaid envelope, which I just did today with special delivery, they will receive it on Monday...I am just believing in God that I will get a call or email saying that my documents have been sent back to me...even if I don't get that email, I will be able to track it cos I used a special delivery. Good thing is that they didn't even call me or my hubby for interview (THAT IS TO SAY, they are satisfied).
Do feel free to ask me any Q if you're still confused.
N.B - Your application is still early since you sent it a month ago...be patient tho!

This was the email I was sent after I called and escalated it, and the guy called Barry was a nice dude and said a tricky statement that 'he hopes my hubby will join me soon'...which literally means that they have made the decision, but they wouldn't tell you...shocking, isn't it?

Dear *my name*,

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
Service.

We have escalated your query to the relative authority concerning documents
sent to Sheffield 26/09/2015 under Case GWF..... and asked that they
now have all documentation. We will get back to you as soon as we receive a
reply.
For any further details, or should you need to contact us again please
refer to our website at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/, select
appropriate country, click next and then select 'E-Mail form' and complete
as instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.

Kind regards,
Barry
UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service

Oreskid:
Ok
Just waiting for them to call but if u have the number u can give me. Thanks. Have u had a decision on urs too. ToyinNick just let me know how far when u re contacted too. I sent the envelope with stamp with my supporting doc. Yes sent the supporting doc since 15th sep and received on 17th September.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 1:59pm On Oct 17, 2015
Thanks ToyinNick, i try using the email link for the site, here is the reply.
Dear ***********

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
Service.

We understand that you would like to know about the status of your
application to come to the UK.

I have tracked the status of your application and found that it is waiting
to be assessed by an Entry Clearance Officer. We will contact you once a
decision has been made or, if necessary, during the consideration of your
application.

Each application is subject to an individual assessment and processing
times may vary, hence applicants are requested to be patient and wait for
the processing to be completed.

You can check how long you will have to wait for a decision on your visa
application in your country (if you applied from outside the UK) by
entering your details at the following link:
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration/about/a
bout-our-services

However, please note that actual processing times may vary depending on a
range of factors.

We have service level standards for processing UK visa applications. We
will process 90% of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98% within
6 weeks and 100% within 12 weeks of the application (biometric taken) date;
and 95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the biometric taken
date and 100% within 24 weeks of the application (biometric taken) date.
Please note that we define 1 week as 5 working days.

appropriate country, click next and then select “E-Mail form” and
complete as instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.

Kind regards,
Stacey

We would like to invite you to participate in a brief survey about the
service you received from us to identify strengths and opportunities for
improvements.

http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/S/130335JPJLG

Thank you in advance for your time.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ToyinNick: 3:53pm On Oct 17, 2015
You're lucky that they said that 'it's waiting to be assessed'...for me, I got nothing.

Don't worry about this. Even if you call them, they MIGHT say the same thing (you can try it though). I would advise you to be patient, wait till end of the month, if you don't receive anything then, hola me up. Don't stress yourself and don't give up on prayers...All is well...!

Oreskid:
Thanks ToyinNick, i try using the email link for the site, here is the reply.
Dear ***********

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
Service.

We understand that you would like to know about the status of your
application to come to the UK.

I have tracked the status of your application and found that it is waiting
to be assessed by an Entry Clearance Officer. We will contact you once a
decision has been made or, if necessary, during the consideration of your
application.

Each application is subject to an individual assessment and processing
times may vary, hence applicants are requested to be patient and wait for
the processing to be completed.

You can check how long you will have to wait for a decision on your visa
application in your country (if you applied from outside the UK) by
entering your details at the following link:
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration/about/a
bout-our-services

However, please note that actual processing times may vary depending on a
range of factors.

We have service level standards for processing UK visa applications. We
will process 90% of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98% within
6 weeks and 100% within 12 weeks of the application (biometric taken) date;
and 95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the biometric taken
date and 100% within 24 weeks of the application (biometric taken) date.
Please note that we define 1 week as 5 working days.

appropriate country, click next and then select “E-Mail form” and
complete as instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.

Kind regards,
Stacey

We would like to invite you to participate in a brief survey about the
service you received from us to identify strengths and opportunities for
improvements.

http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/S/130335JPJLG

Thank you in advance for your time.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 5:21pm On Oct 17, 2015
@ ToyinNick, thanks so much, yes I'm waiting until the end of the month before taking any action or process. I will keep u posted if any update or anything comes up. Cheers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ToyinNick: 3:33pm On Oct 19, 2015
Hi Oreskid,

This people are crazy in a way...can you believe I got the same email you sent days ago about tracking your status of application? Hmm, although that's after I sent a query. Then I reckon it's in a queue, and lets hope for the best...We're more or less in the same scenario, difference is you sent your documents earlier than mine (you sent yours on the 15th, and I sent mine on the 26th) ..Yours is 'it is WAITING to be assessed by an ECO', mine is 'It is YET to be assessed by an ECO'.. I reckon it will be on the queue, but you've got a high chance

Oreskid:
@ ToyinNick, thanks so much, yes I'm waiting until the end of the month before taking any action or process. I will keep u posted if any update or anything comes up. Cheers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 5:04pm On Oct 19, 2015
Hi ToyinNick, i guess we are on the same stage, we are on the queue too, hope something happen soon. Different agent reply us that's why the difference in reply
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 7:48pm On Oct 19, 2015
girlfio:

All the best, enjoy your holiday and your husband! grin Make sure you take loads of pictures for the application. Hope your passport arrives soon. If they haven't posted it out to you yet it might be worth travelling down to the embassy to pick it up instead if it's possible.

& @Lexusgs430
Got here haha jeez it's hot lol, my passport came the day before departure smiley

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:05pm On Oct 19, 2015
Portsmouth86:

& @Lexusgs430
Got here haha jeez it's hot lol, my passport came the day before departure smiley

Yes, it's so hot(in comparison to the uk). Your hotel room would be your best companion, air conditioning on full cold throttle!!!
Pleasing to know the passport arrived. Have fun!!!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 1:01pm On Oct 20, 2015
Portsmouth86:

& @Lexusgs430

Awww, good to hear you made it. If you can bring back some of that Sunshine, it would be much appreciated! smiley

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Faithadunni: 9:14am On Oct 21, 2015
Hi
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aishajane: 10:49am On Oct 21, 2015
Pls I need help I submitted my spousal application January dis year and I was refused becos we didnt have enof photos and they said my husband finacial statement wasnt clear,he had to revisit in august and we took lots of photos,so I will be applying again bfor the end of october,he already has all d documents with him in uk,i want to know should I ask him to send them back or what documents will I be submiting here in nigeria? Will I need those documents with him here?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aishajane: 11:04am On Oct 21, 2015
And pls is using an immigration solicitor important when applying for spousal visa?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 2:52pm On Oct 21, 2015
Aishajane:
Pls I need help I submitted my spousal application January dis year and I was refused becos we didnt have enof photos and they said my husband finacial statement wasnt clear,he had to revisit in august and we took lots of photos,so I will be applying again bfor the end of october,he already has all d documents with him in uk,i want to know should I ask him to send them back or what documents will I be submiting here in nigeria? Will I need those documents with him here?

I believe all paperwork has to be submitted by your sponsor in the uk along with a self addressed envelope. You will fill in the application online and will send off your passport, biometrics, Tb test results And English test certificate (those that have recently submitted will verify if I'm wrong)

Good to hear you have more photos but what you will also need to include is evidence of consistent communication and any financial support if applicable.

No, you don't need a lawyer, you just need to make sure you meet all requirements, have evidence to prove that and write a good statement that will clearly define your suitability for the visa. Since they have previously refused, it's likely they will scrutinise your application so just make sure everything is in order.,
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ToyinNick: 6:08pm On Oct 21, 2015
Hello house, I need a response to this question please, justwise, and co

I got a decision email below, and 2mins after, I got another email saying I should send a prepaid envelope. I don't know why they would send me that because I have sent a prepaid envelope a week before I got the email...I really dont know if the Home office is pranking me with the decision email and prepaid envelope. Can you please lemme know what's going on to see if this is a fake email or not...I have sent an envelope already.
Moreover the decision email is strange because it's so quick...I only submitted my documents on the 26th September...could this be true, it's barely up to a month, and I did not pay the priority fee...na wa o!

Dear .........,

Regarding Visa Application: GWF.......
For: Name

A decision has been made on your UK Visa application. Your application will be dispatched shortly from the Decision Making Centre in Sheffield, UK. If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, they cannot - please report any such approach to VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

Applications submitted at a Visa Application Centre will be returned there for you to collect.

Applications submitted in Yaounde, Dakar, Banjul, and Lagos Visa Application Centres will be available for collection 3 - 5 days after receipt of this email. Please do not attend these VACs until this time has passed, or until you are notified that your documents are ready for collection.

Applications submitted at the mobile VAC in Abidjan will be returned by courier directly to the address you have provided.

You should not expect to receive any further notification from this office unless you have made your application in North America and submitted a pre-paid courier envelope for your documents to be returned directly to you. If so you will also receive a further email with the courier tracking reference. Please note that if you applied at the Toronto Visa Application Centre on or after 28 April 2015, and have paid for your documents to be returned directly to you, you will shortly receive your tracking number from the Visa Application Centre rather than from this office.

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

Oreskid:
Hi ToyinNick, i guess we are on the same stage, we are on the queue too, hope something happen soon. Different agent reply us that's why the difference in reply

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.