Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1037523 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:40pm On Nov 03, 2015
ayo4dworld:
Good day people. What do you advise for a Tier 4 study (General) visa that was not issued and not refused as well. Just got the passport today blank. No refusal notice, no visa stamped. It looks strange to me.

Please your sincere response will be appreciated

You need to contact the embassy striaghtaway
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 12:31am On Nov 04, 2015
It doesn't matter if you account is overdrawn, as long as you are getting the required amount required.

Hello House
I need honest advise next year I wish to applied for a partner visa for my wife am 49 year I got married in 1998 in Nigeria after 16 year of marriage I got a divorce we had two beautiful kids six months later I got remarried in Nigeria. I live most of my life in the UK I work just currently earning just over £2000 a month .in 1998 the process for settlement was easier my question is how do I go about the process. my account are in overdraw for the past five year like half of the UK population my wife run her own business currently earning N100K a month it will be grateful if the house can point me in the right direction thank you[/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by JideVince(m): 10:14am On Nov 04, 2015
Hello house,

I commend the good work being done here on a daily basis.

1. Please, I am planning to start my spouse visa application soon, could anyone help me with the detailed list of supporting documents? I know it must have been updated on a part of the thread before now, but I couldn't find. Kindly direct me accordingly

2. Getting call history and messages printed is another big deal for me. How do I get this done? Help please.

Thanks for your time.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 1:06pm On Nov 04, 2015
JideVince:
Hello house,

I commend the good work being done here on a daily basis.

1. Please, I am planning to start my spouse visa application soon, could anyone help me with the detailed list of supporting documents? I know it must have been updated on a part of the thread before now, but I couldn't find. Kindly direct me accordingly

2. Getting call history and messages printed is another big deal for me. How do I get this done? Help please.

Thanks for your time.

I know there is a list somewhere on this thread but I can't remember where it is either! General list is as follows:

Finance
- Sponsor bank statements - 12 months [highlight at each point in the month when wages are paid in and make sure you don't print from internet banking, arrange for the bank to send them to you in the post on headed paper]
- Sponsor pay slips - 12 months [make sure payslips are printed on company headed paper]
- Sponsor statements of savings or investments
- Sponsor letter from employers on company headed paper detailing your yearly wage, post and length of employment

Accomodation
Renting?
- Letter from landlord stating both sponsor and spouse are permitted to reside at premises
- Get a print out from the council from the electorol to get a list of people who are reported to be living at the address. Sometimes people don't take their name off the list but the boarder force will use this information to determine who lives there. On the print out state who is currently living at the address
- Rental Agreement/Contract
- Floor Planer of the property
- Council Tax Statement
- x2 home bills [gas, electric etc] addressed to the sponsor at the address for previous 3 months

Mortgage?
All the above except landlord/rent contract instead submit copy of mortgage papers clearly showing ownership

Relationship
- Print out of telephone communication since start of relationship
- As many photos as you have of the both of you throughout your relationship
- Wedding photos - try to include a few that include your family and close friends as well
- Copies of Wedding stationery - invites, wedding favours etc
- Optional extra if your light on the previous items is to also include a statement from a family member who has been aware of your relationship from the start.
- Marriage Certificate - Original

Other
- Certified copy of sponsors passport
-Applicants passport - submitted by applicant
- TB Test Results - submitted by applicant
- English test certificate - submitted by applicant
- UK Boarder Agency sponsorship undertaking form

Theres a chance that I've missed something, so I would advise that you check the UKBA website before submission. What particular issues are you having with printing off your phone communication information?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by JideVince(m): 5:37pm On Nov 04, 2015
Wow! Than you so much for taking your time to make this detailed list! You're a legend!! I will start from here!

Regarding the call log details, I can't seem to find history beyond a month. Is there an easy way I can retrieve and export the info.? I use an iPhone 5s.

Thank you thank you. God bless!
girlfio:

I know there is a list somewhere on this thread but I can't remember where it is either! General list is as follows:
Finance
- Sponsor bank statements - 12 months [highlight at each point in the month when wages are paid in and make sure you don't print from internet banking, arrange for the bank to send them to you in the post on headed paper]
- Sponsor pay slips - 12 months [make sure payslips are printed on company headed paper]
- Sponsor letter from employers on company headed paper detailing your yearly wage, post and length of employment
Accomodation
Renting?
- Letter from landlord stating both sponsor and spouse are permitted to reside at premises
- Get a print out from the council from the electorol to get a list of people who are reported to be living at the address. Sometimes people don't take their name off the list but the boarder force will use this information to determine who lives there. On the print out state who is currently living at the address
- Council Tax Statement
- x2 home bills [gas, electric etc] addressed to the sponsor at the address for previous 3 months
Mortgage?
All the above except landlord/rent contract instead submit copy of mortgage papers clearly showing ownership
Relationship
- Wedding photos - try to include a few that include your family and close friends as well
- Optional extra if your light on the previous items is to also include a statement from a family member who has been aware of your relationship from the start.
Other
- UK Boarder Agency sponsorship undertaking form[quote author=girlfio post=39672867]
Finance
Accomodation
Renting?
- Council Tax Statement
Mortgage?
Relationship
Other
Theres a chance that I've missed something, so I would advise that you check the UKBA website before submission. What particular issues are you having with printing off your phone communication information?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 12:24am On Nov 05, 2015
JideVince:
Wow! Than you so much for taking your time to make this detailed list! You're a legend!! I will start from here!

Regarding the call log details, I can't seem to find history beyond a month. Is there an easy way I can retrieve and export the info.? I use an iPhone 5s.

It depends on how you are communicating. For voice calls, you can obtain an itemised bill from your network provider, your spouse can do the same. There is a way of exporting historical WhatsApp conversations, just Google for instructions.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by babyisUS: 6:54am On Nov 05, 2015
JideVince:

For whatsapp chats, send it as an email to yourself and print them out. That was how I did mine. There's an option on whatsapp where u can send your chats as an email...I did that and from my mailbox I printed them out.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:27am On Nov 05, 2015
girlfio:

Finance

Accomodation
Renting?
- Council Tax Statement

Mortgage?

Relationship

Other

Girlfio I haven't seen this list before and was just going through it now...there are a lot of unnecessary things included on it like...letter from employer detailing yearly wages, post and length of employment. This is just unnecessary because your employment letter and pay slip has all that details already.

Letter from landlord stating that the sponsor and the spouses are permitted in live there, again this is just unnecessary, if you are renting a studio, one bedroom or more flat then you don't need a letter from anybody permitting you to live with your spouse, all you need is your tenancy agreement.

Print out from the council of list of people who are reported to be living there? This is insane to say the least, council will not even give an individual that list and there is absolutely no need to request for such list.

If you are educated to a degree level then you don't need to write an English test.

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by babyisUS: 9:36am On Nov 05, 2015
justwise:

Girlfio I haven't seen this list before and was just going through it now...there are a lot of unnecessary things included on it like...letter from employer detailing yearly wages, post and length of employment. This is just unnecessary because your employment letter and pay slip has all that details already.

Letter from landlord stating that the sponsor and the spouses are permitted in live there, again this is just unnecessary, if you are renting a studio, one bedroom or more flat then you don't need a letter from anybody permitting you to live with your spouse, all you need is your tenancy agreement.

Print out from the council of list of people who are reported to be living there? This is insane to say the least, council will not even give an individual that list and there is absolutely no need to request for such list.

If you are educated to a degree level then you don't need to write an English test.

Phew, thanks Justwise for clearing this...when I saw her list I became jittery, wondering if I would be denied visa for not submitting some of these things she listed.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by babyisUS: 9:52am On Nov 05, 2015
Hello @Justwise and everyone, this is how far I have gone with my Spouse visa( EEA family permit).
I went for my Biometrics on the 2nd of November, ALL my documents were collected. I don't know if it's because it's an EEA family permit visa, which is free, I can't tell,....but I wasn't given back any document to send to Sheffield... also, no interview was done that day, my hubby came to the country over the weekend and accompanied me there...

Same November 2nd, I got a mail from TLS that my application has been sent to UKVI for processing.

November 3rd, I got another mail in the morning that it has been received by UKVI. Before midday that day, I missed a call I suspected was from them, twas an Abuja code, I reside in Abuja, so did my Biometrics there.

November 4th, the same number called again, and asked if I was free for a brief interview, I said yeah. And the interview started, I was asked a few questions such as:
What is your DOB?
What is your husband's DOB? 
What is your huband's name?
What is his email address?
What is his home and work address in Uk?
What are his parents names?
When did you first meet?
How did you meet?
What date was your marriage?
How many people were in attendance? 
Is this your first marriage?
Is this your husband's first marriage?
Where does he work? 
Why do you want to go to the Uk?
When last did you see your husband?

My husband is around, so I was asked for his phone number and he was called immediately, and interviewed...asked almost the same questions. 

This is how far av gone with them. So am now in the decision making waiting room. Praying and hoping for the best.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by JideVince(m): 9:59am On Nov 05, 2015
babyisUS:

For whatsapp chats, send it as an email to yourself and print them out. That was how I did mine. There's an option on whatsapp where u can send your chats as an email...I did that and from my mailbox I printed them out.

Thank you very much. I found it!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by JideVince(m): 10:01am On Nov 05, 2015
girlfio:

It depends on how you are communicating. For voice calls, you can obtain an itemised bill from your network provider, your spouse can do the same. There is a way of exporting historical WhatsApp conversations, just Google for instructions.

Thank you, girlfio. That's very helpful!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by babyisUS: 10:02am On Nov 05, 2015
ToyinNick:
Hi Sis... The birth certificate my hubby had was church birth cert. But he was advised to go to high court to get one..he did an affidavit

Thanks sis, sorry for the late reply, ...I have actually submitted my application. I gave them my hospital birth certificate and they accepted it like that.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:09am On Nov 05, 2015
babyisUS:
Hello @Justwise and everyone, this is how far I have gone with my Spouse visa( EEA family permit).
I went for my Biometrics on the 2nd of November, ALL my documents were collected. I don't know if it's because it's an EEA family permit visa, which is free, I can't tell,....but I wasn't given back any document to send to Sheffield... also, no interview was done that day, my hubby came to the country over the weekend and accompanied me there...

Same November 2nd, I got a mail from TLS that my application has been sent to UKVI for processing.

November 3rd, I got another mail in the morning that it has been received by UKVI. Before midday that day, I missed a call I suspected was from them, twas an Abuja code, I reside in Abuja, so did my Biometrics there.

November 4th, the same number called again, and asked if I was free for a brief interview, I said yeah. And the interview started, I was asked a few questions such as:
What is your DOB?
What is your husband's DOB? 
What is your huband's name?
What is his email address?
What is his home and work address in Uk?
What are his parents names?
When did you first meet?
How did you meet?
What date was your marriage?
How many people were in attendance? 
Is this your first marriage?
Is this your husband's first marriage?
Where does he work? 
Why do you want to go to the Uk?
When last did you see your husband?

My husband is around, so I was asked for his phone number and he was called immediately, and interviewed...asked almost the same questions. 

This is how far av gone with them. So am now in the decision making waiting room. Praying and hoping for the best.

You don't need to worry because EEA application is different, is your hubby is British citizen or a citizen of other EU country but living in the UK?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by babyisUS: 10:24am On Nov 05, 2015
justwise:

You don't need to worry because EEA application is different, is your hubby is British citizen or a citizen of other EU country but living in the UK?

He is a citizen of other EU country but living in UK. A Nigerian by the way.

I try not to be worried, but u can never tell with these people. I wonder if their decision is made in Abuja cos of how quick it's been so far.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:08am On Nov 05, 2015
Hi all

I have seen a screenshot of someone's email from Sheffield.

It states your 'sponsor' needs to send all the supporting documents, ie English test .... I thought hubby submits it on his appointment after he applies online? ( As in the certificates, English and TB?)

Who posts this to Sheffield?
This person hubby had to send it himself to Sheffield while the VAC just wanted his passport and applications

Worried now as that's time to post here ...I have got a copy in my files in case it went missing.

Also what is maintenance document?

Screenshot attached

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 11:17am On Nov 05, 2015
babyisUS:

I try not to be worried, but u can never tell with these people. I wonder if their decision is made in Abuja cos of how quick it's been so far.

Hi babyisUS,

The EEA family permit is a lot quicker and normally all documents are submitted in the VAC not Sheffield, fingers crossed, you'd get a response within the next one week or maybe 2 max, I doubt it'd be up to 2.

All the best.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 11:24am On Nov 05, 2015
justwise:

That's fine, out of the list provided, these 3 items may be deemed unnecessary. I included them because our spouse application was initially refused and these documents were requested by the ECO in their response. I have worked for the Home Office and know that if it is at all possible it is better to supply more than less. It may not be official but from my experience their mandate is that you are refusable unless proved otherwise. But it's only advice, this is your application. Supply information that you deem is sufficient to support your suitability for the visa.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by babyisUS: 11:37am On Nov 05, 2015
newbie715:

Hi babyisUS,

The EEA family permit is a lot quicker and normally all documents are submitted in the VAC not Sheffield, fingers crossed, you'd get a response within the next one week or maybe 2 max, I doubt it'd be up to 2.

All the best.

Ah, thanks a lot! This is so reassuring.. I just have to increase my prayer tempo so that I get a good result.
Thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by yjb85: 12:17pm On Nov 05, 2015
@justwise

I am still awaiting your response regarding the sponsorship declaration form.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:29pm On Nov 05, 2015
babyisUS:

I thought as much. That is the normal process with EEA application so don't worry yourself.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:31pm On Nov 05, 2015
Portsmouth86:
Hi all

I have seen a screenshot of someone's email from Sheffield.

It states your 'sponsor' needs to send all the supporting documents, ie English test .... I thought hubby submits it on his appointment after he applies online? ( As in the certificates, English and TB?)

Who posts this to Sheffield?
This person hubby had to send it himself to Sheffield while the VAC just wanted his passport and applications

Worried now as that's time to post here ...I have got a copy in my files in case it went missing.

Also what is maintenance document?

Screenshot attached

Portsmouth86 you will send your own bundle of documents to Sheffield while your hubby submit the application form, TB and English test in Nigeria.

Maintenance documents are things like bank statement and payslips
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by babyisUS: 12:41pm On Nov 05, 2015
justwise:

I thought as much. That is the normal process with EEA application so don't worry yourself.

Okay. Thanks a lot. I shall update you as soon as I get any call or mail from them.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:41pm On Nov 05, 2015
girlfio:

That's fine, out of the list provided, these 3 items may be deemed unnecessary. I included them because our spouse application was initially refused and these documents were requested by the ECO in their response. I have worked for the Home Office and know that if it is at all possible it is better to supply more than less. It may not be official but from my experience their mandate is that you are refusable unless proved otherwise. But it's only advice, this is your application. Supply information that you deem is sufficient to support your suitability for the visa.

Yes its better to submit more than less but those 3 are completely unnecessary, to start with the council will not hand over to any individual apart from govt agencies the list of previous occupant of an address because that will be against data protection act.

You only get permission from landlord if you are living in a multi occupant accommodation where bills and other services are shared, so bringing your spouse will increase the cost of utility bills hence the need to inform the landlord.

Again Home Office don't request for one year bank statement and payslip rather they ask for 6months of those documents at least.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:43pm On Nov 05, 2015
yjb85:
@justwise

I am still awaiting your response regarding the sponsorship declaration form.

Sorry i skipped your question.

I never seen anybody complete that form for spouse visa application only in adult dependant visa application.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:45pm On Nov 05, 2015
..one more thing...

The £18600 financial requirement is not net but gross salary, basically pre-tax earning
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 2:15pm On Nov 05, 2015
justwise:

Yes its better to submit more than less but those 3 are completely unnecessary, to start with the council will not hand over to any individual apart from govt agencies the list of previous occupant of an address because that will be against data protection act.

You only get permission from landlord if you are living in a multi occupant accommodation where bills and other services are shared, so bringing your spouse will increase the cost of utility bills hence the need to inform the landlord.

Again Home Office don't request for one year bank statement and payslip rather they ask for 6months of those documents at least.

Ok, that's not a problem, if you can't get that list it's worth simply noting in your statement when you make reference to your accommodation that since this is a rented place that any other names registered against the address on the electoral should be disregarded.

With the rental agreement, i was advised that only those named on the contract can stay there. Maybe that was just my contract. The letter was submitted purely to reiterate that the place was suitable for an additional person.

Yes 6 months is sufficient but if you have varying incomes per month it's best to submit 12 months to show that you have earned the annual financial threshold.

Again, I'm not claiming to be an expert, only offering advice based on my experience. If you can provide more evidence then why not. We went in to the application process with not enough evidence and got refused. It's only when we covered all bases that we were able to get it overturned. That could just be our case but if this helps someone then I'm happy.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 3:56pm On Nov 05, 2015
justwise:

Portsmouth86 you will send your own bundle of documents to Sheffield while your hubby submit the application form, TB and English test in Nigeria.

Maintenance documents are things like bank statement and payslips

God knows what this woman is on about then on the FB group 'I love my foreign spouse then'

That's made me less stressed, at least we have a set way the file needs to be in so I'm putting it in that order tonight smiley

Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 3:58pm On Nov 05, 2015
babyisUS:

Okay. Thanks a lot. I shall update you as soon as I get any call or mail from them.

I filled one, it's not needed but some couples have been declined without it, search it there many stories about it.better to be safe then sorry I say lol smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by babyisUS: 4:04pm On Nov 05, 2015
Portsmouth86:

I filled one, it's not needed but some couples have been declined without it, search it there many stories about it.better to be safe then sorry I say lol smiley

You filled what? Sorry I don't quite get what exactly you are referring to. Do you mind throwing more light?
Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 6:06pm On Nov 05, 2015
babyisUS:

You filled what? Sorry I don't quite get what exactly you are referring to. Do you mind throwing more light?
Thanks

Hiya,

I think Portsmouth86 is referring to the enquiry yjb85 made about sponsorship declaration form.

@yjb85, like Portsmouth86 said, I doubt it's necessary but I filled it out for my application as well.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by babyisUS: 9:15pm On Nov 05, 2015
newbie715:

Hiya,

I think Portsmouth86 is referring to the enquiry yjb85 made about sponsorship declaration form.

@yjb85, like Portsmouth86 said, I doubt it's necessary but I filled it out for my application as well.

All the best.

Oh I see we didn't fill that form. Didn't even see it it to fill but my hubby had an introduction letter written. I assume that is okay too. I pray not filling out the sponsorship form wouldnt in anyway affect my application. Hoping for the best.
When did you apply?

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.