Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1037581 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by airforce91: 4:50pm On Apr 08, 2016
Hello everyone, this my 1st time posting here. I have been reading all the trends and seen how helpful this platform has been. PLS I NEED YOUR ADVICE

Date of application: 28TH SEPT 2015, biometric 30/sept/2015
Document received at Sheffield 5th oct 2015.
Mail received that application not straightforward Dec 16, 2015.

I have called and sent several emails for escalation, all we keep hearing is we should be patient that a decision has not yet been made.
From 30th september till date is more than 24weeks (5working days a week).

can anyone pls advice because we are thinking of involving a lawyer?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 6:58pm On Apr 08, 2016
airforce91:
Hello everyone, this my 1st time posting here. I have been reading all the trends and seen how helpful this platform has been. PLS I NEED YOUR ADVICE

I have called and sent several emails for escalation, all we keep hearing is we should be patient that a decision has not yet been made.

Any clue why its not a straightforward application?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 7:05pm On Apr 08, 2016
airforce91:

Thats absolutely ridiculous, your nearing on 7 months now , that is too long, and for them to not even escalate it.

Can you get local MP involved?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by kenson4ever: 7:44pm On Apr 08, 2016
They must have misplaced your documents believe me. Your option is to involve your MP. I believe they ll open up once such step is taken.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by airforce91: 11:59pm On Apr 08, 2016
That's my next step to contact my MP as I have not seen any case that's taken this long, I wasnt sure which to contact first between the MP or lawyer.

I don't understand why the application has not been straightforward and they have not written to me explaining why. On their website it says if your application is complicated/ not straight forward they will write to you in the 12th week with the next step to take but heard nothing from them till date.

I was called on the 4th of December 2015 about attending an interview on the 8th of December. But 2months before then I was summoned for jury service at a crown court in London starting on the 7th of December and it was compulsory. So I told the contact about my jury summons and if it was possible to confirm with her on Monday when I get to court.
she said she will get back to me that she was just the person that books the interview and her boss had gone home (as this was past 6pm on a friday ). And that I might not even need to attend an interview.

On Tuesday the 8th of December she left me a VM saying her boss said I don't need to attend the interview as long as I send a copy of my jury summons/evidence of my jury service to an email which she provided. I sent it right away and a week after I got a reply saying it was received and it will be forwarded to the person in charge.

Since then everytime me or my spouse calls or emails all we get back ( from the third party) is we will escalate the matter and be patient. The only positive feedback so far was when we asked the third party to escalate and find out if they got the jury summons letter and they replied saying they did.
Other than that it has been "As previously adviced (ie on 16th Dec 2015 till the last response from them on the 16th March 2016) your application has not been straightforward. When I email them since the 16th of March all I get is be patient.

To be fair this has taken way too long, and I am sure this would have been granted earlier if I had attended the interview but that wasn't my fault I was summoned to be a jury for a trial and was told by them I do not need to attend the interview. SO PLS HOUSE WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE MP FIRST AND THEN LAWYER?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 12:53am On Apr 09, 2016
airforce91:
That's my next step to contact my MP as I have not seen any case that's taken this long, I wasnt sure which to contact first between the MP or lawyer.

I don't understand why the application has not been straightforward and they have not written to me explaining why. On their website it says if your application is complicated/ not straight forward they will write to you in the 12th week with the next step to take but heard nothing from them till date.

I was called on the 4th of December 2015 about attending an interview on the 8th of December. But 2months before then I was summoned for jury service at a crown court in London starting on the 7th of December and it was compulsory. So I told the contact about my jury summons and if it was possible to confirm with her on Monday when I get to court.
she said she will get back to me that she was just the person that books the interview and her boss had gone home (as this was past 6pm on a friday ). And that I might not even need to attend an interview.

On Tuesday the 8th of December she left me a VM saying her boss said I don't need to attend the interview as long as I send a copy of my jury summons/evidence of my jury service to an email which she provided. I sent it right away and a week after I got a reply saying it was received and it will be forwarded to the person in charge.

Since then everytime me or my spouse calls or emails all we get back ( from the third party) is we will escalate the matter and be patient. The only positive feedback so far was when we asked the third party to escalate and find out if they got the jury summons letter and they replied saying they did.
Other than that it has been "As previously adviced (ie on 16th Dec 2015 till the last response from them on the 16th March 2016) your application has not been straightforward. When I email them since the 16th of March all I get is be patient.

To be fair this has taken way too long, and I am sure this would have been granted earlier if I had attended the interview but that wasn't my fault I was summoned to be a jury for a trial and was told by them I do not need to attend the interview. SO PLS HOUSE WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE MP FIRST AND THEN LAWYER?

This is just one annoying mess, I don't think you should blame yourself, you had a prior compulsory jury summons and you were willing to get back to them but you were told not to worry.

On the way forward, I'd say contact your MP first: immediately, I am surprised you haven't already. They generally sit up when an MP is involved. Judging from the protracted and peculiar nature of your application, the MP will treat it urgently. I definitely think MP first before lawyer.

I am going to say a prayer for you before I turn in. It's really ridiculous.

Stay strong.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 1:50am On Apr 09, 2016
airforce91:

"Be patient ?" Arrant nonsense. This is riddiculous. I feel really upset reading through your post cos I just imagine what you and your partner are passing through. please please please, as newbie said, contact your MP immediately, you left it rather too long. your MP will definitely act on this sort of case with every urgency.
Please don't beat down yourself. You have done all you could have done.

May God be with you and shine HIS light on every aspect of your application . It won't be long before all these end in praise.. Please keep us posted.

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dtbg28: 3:59pm On Apr 09, 2016
Hello house, you guys are going a great job here...Kudos.
Please I want to make enquiries about the UK spouse Visa.
1) I am in Nigeria and my spouse is settled in the UK and we intend to do a spouse visa next month. Is it possible for her to put in d application from the UK?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:20pm On Apr 09, 2016
dtbg28:
1) I am in Nigeria and my spouse is settled in the UK and we intend to do a spouse visa next month. Is it possible for her to put in d application from the UK?

Have you read through this thread?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:25pm On Apr 09, 2016
airforce91:

The complication could be that someone has impersonated you, fraudulent issues that requires clarifications from other departments etc etc etc
Has advised, get your MP involved (that's free).
Await his/her guidelines, then escalate when required.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dtbg28: 4:42pm On Apr 09, 2016
Yes, I have actually been reading through the thread but it's so lengthy now I don't know what page exactly to find d answer to my question. Thanks
Lexusgs430:

Have you read through this thread?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:45pm On Apr 09, 2016
dtbg28:
Yes, I have actually been reading through the thread but it's so lengthy now I don't know what page exactly to find d answer to my question. Thanks

Would be best you grab 2 gala's and 2 bottles of long throat Pepsi.
Ensure you have enough data, read through all pages, arm yourself thoroughly and take the winning battle to the ECO.
Enough free information to guide your application.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 9:20pm On Apr 09, 2016
dtbg28:

@Lexusgs430, lol. Ur sense of humour is off the chart. There are times when you say what's on my mind although you come on a wee bit strong sometimes. Most of your posts get me smiling

@dtbg28: to answer your question, no: you have to apply yourself from Nigeria: biometrics. From your question you require all the information there is on this topic, like lexusgs430 said, you really n‎eed to read up and research. A simple Google search will yield a lot of information. Read this thread, also go to gov.uk site and read up as well. I'd search for my check list and send to you but you need to read. This thread has all the information you need. Use the search button.‎ A little research and you'd smile to the UK and join your spouse. All the best

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 10:25pm On Apr 09, 2016
dtbg28:
You need to be in Nigeria to apply, like to do ur biometrics and take a TB test. However your wife can actually put in the actual application from here, I got our lawyer here in the UK to fill all the forms and make all the payments as well as send the supporting docs. He also arranged the biometric appt for my husband from here. All you need to do is get a TB test, take the appropirate English test, attend the bio and pay for priority if u want to. Then send any docs u need to submit like the English and TB test etc. over to ur wife to submit or straight to Sheffield if u decide to submit ur docs seprately (I wouldnt). And finally obvs collecting of the passport & decision letter in Nigeria when its all over. Good Luck x
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:45am On Apr 10, 2016
newbie715:

@Lexusgs430, lol. Ur sense of humour is off the chart. There are times when you say what's on my mind although you come on a wee bit strong sometimes. Most of your posts get me smiling

@dtbg28: to answer your question, no: you have to apply yourself from Nigeria. From your question you require all the information there is on this topic, like lexusgs430 said, you really n‎eed to read up and research. A simple Google search will yield a lot of information. Read this thread, also go to gov.uk site and read up as well. I'd search for my check list and send to you but you need to read. This thread has all the information you need. Use the search button.‎ A little research and you'd smile to the UK and join your spouse. All the best

Certain questions requires a hammer to crack the nut. While other questions requires a gentle massage!!!!!
A little joke here and there, helps sends the message across.
Pleased some of my responses made you smile, while the others......................
Have a lovely weekend ahead.
NB : Let's be candid, if an applicant takes their time and reads through this thread, learn from those that made mistakes and pick up a the positives from those that did it right.
The applicant would definitely submit a knockout!!!
I have read testimonials on this thread from applicants that did not post any questions pre - application, but did post - application. Commending the wealth of materials on this forum. And how this forum made their application so easy and successful.
Knowledge is Power!!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 12:07am On Apr 11, 2016
Lightme:
Hi guys, I ve been following this forum for a while, I need an advice really, my hubby applied for spouse visa was refused, I'm so gutted. The reason was they are not satisfied our relationship is genuine n subsisting, the ECO said he agreed we have a marriage cos of marriage certificate, but he said the whatsap was six months and pictures we submitted didn't show we have a genuine relatnship, which amazes me cos we send wedding pic and pictures together with our son. We want to appeal, I need an advice on what will be my arguments, our children birth certs were there also, our trips to Nigeria for visits also. What will I be adding to show our relationship is genuine n subsisting, I need an help pls my people God bless

Please when you are appealing ... try to apply a fresh application because appeal can take 8 months to 1 year... so i advise you appeal and do a fresh application and give them what is requested... and i can tell you .. within 2 weeks they will issue you the visa....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 12:09am On Apr 11, 2016
target007:
I NEED YOUR HELP GUYS!!!

My cousin is adult that came to the country as child of a UK citizen (his mother) when he was already passed 20 years old; Now he will like to get marry with non-UK citizen but ready to wait until he has is indefinite Leave to remain before bringing in wife to the UK.

can he do the wedding/marriage now and then wait till he get is indefinite Leave to remain before bringing in wife to the UK?

Yes he can ....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:26am On Apr 11, 2016
tunderule2016:

Please when you are appealing ... try to apply a fresh application because appeal can take 8 months to 1 year... so i advise you appeal and do a fresh application and give them what is requested... and i can tell you .. within 2 weeks they will issue you the visa....

Oga tunde, have you considered cost of application?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 2:11am On Apr 11, 2016
fazo14:
To the glory of God!!! Praise be the name of the Lord!!! Ever Faithful God!!! Thanks be to God!!!

A very wonderful thanks to every1 here, You all keep the hope alive. God bless you all Amen!!! I have come to share my good news grin grin.

In a very special way I thank Justwise n Girlio for there encouragement when we were faced with disappointment and unsure of how to move forward. We were directed in the right part and to the Glory of God, I heartily say I have been granted Visa grin grin grin

Finally the long wait is over grin grin, Thanks To God!!!

please there is a link now to post your time line... please post there so we can all see and others can know...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 2:37am On Apr 11, 2016
thatula:
So here's my Timeline :

Online application submitted - 27/11/2015
Teleperformance appointment - 02/12/2015 supporting documents sent same day.
Application received by UKVI - 04/12/2015
Email from UkVI to send pre-paid envelope -14/01/2015
Decision made Email- 26/02/2016
Ready for collection email from teleperformance - 03/03/2016
Picked up my visa and was stamped on the 23/02/2016.

To all expecting...Wish u all the best...

Your time lines are a bit confusing.... few like

Picked up my visa and was stamped on the 23/02/2016.
Ready for collection email from teleperformance - 03/03/2016
Email from UkVI to send pre-paid envelope -14/01/2015

does not add up.... please clarify.. thank you and Good luck!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 3:05am On Apr 11, 2016
sister2007:
@justwise . yes it was a spouse settlement visa application. the ECO refused and reasons been that i did not meet financial requirement which off course i did. the ECO did not take time to look at all the documents supplied as i am off sick and provided the last 6 payslips and bank statement corresponding to the period before i went off sick as requested in section (6.1) of the financial requirement. the ECO said they contacted HMRC who confirmed i was only paid £450 in January which is what i am receiving as statutory sick pay at the moment as i am off sick. the ECO therefore without taking into consideration that i was off sick concluded that she was not satisfied that i worked for the company i said i worked for as the salary does not correspond to what i declared. the ECO even went along to mention the name of a company that i do not even work for and that my husband did not pay for the Health Surcharge and he paid for this and even sent confirmation. the ECO said my husband had to pay £900 for Health Surcharge and i do know its £600 for spouse settlement visa. please advice me if that is the correct fee or may be we made a mistake during our application.

please can you advice me if i should request for a review and also appeal as i am still off sick and there is no way i can make another application as i will still have to give the same payslips and bank statement.

Reapply and in the information page ... Kindly explain all this...
There is one mistake most Nigerians make.... the space which is written information page should be used often. It should not be left blank you should always write in there explaining your relationship or otherwise.

So i will advise you to re-apply and also appeal, the ECO made a blunder and in your new application please explain this in there and i am sure your visa will be out in few days or weeks. I have seen situation like that...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 3:07am On Apr 11, 2016
Ibs45bae:
@brightingsus Thank you,I no longer have a stay here,hence am coming home to do my application I just want it to be on point.

It is non- priority so i bet they dont spend much time and more also, they are always short staffed. Please make sure you attach Contract of employment with letter confirming your employment.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 3:11am On Apr 11, 2016
sister2007:
@justwise:

please I will like to know if I can make the appeal at the same time and also request for an administrative review. My solicitor told me that I would need to send a bundle of the application to the Home office as well as the court. please let me know if anyone on here has applied for the two at once. thanks

you can do both ....... it is wise
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 7:11am On Apr 11, 2016
[quote author=tunderule2016 post=44592803]

Do you still need to give advice especially when a post was long in the past , dead and buried?.

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 10:05am On Apr 11, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Oga tunde, have you considered cost of application?

Well firstly, does cost of application come into consideration when you have just been rejected.... it is important to know that this people dont think or care that much for applicants ... all they want is to meet there requirement ... Why do you think even if they make a mistake it is to the applicant detriment not to them... because at the end of it you will be paying for court case, paying your time and money again with transport and phone call, solicitor. So Mr or Mrs Lexusgs... in this world of Visa application cost is only a worry when you are about to start an application.. when you are in it ... you definitely are in it until you get to the last page.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 10:11am On Apr 11, 2016
[quote author=blza post=44594608][/quote]

Well It is wise to give a post.. because it helps people that are in same trouble.... I bet the dead can be woken too my Lord... lol.

This forum is not only for selfie , it is also to help others... i bet when someone see or face similar challenge they will know they can follow the advise i gave ...

NO VEX Mr or Mrs... i rest my case
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:14am On Apr 11, 2016
tunderule2016:

Well firstly, does cost of application come into consideration when you have just been rejected.... it is important to know that this people dont think or care that much for applicants ... all they want is to meet there requirement ... Why do you think even if they make a mistake it is to the applicant detriment not to them... because at the end of it you will be paying for court case, paying your time and money again with transport and phone call, solicitor. So Mr or Mrs Lexusgs... in this world of Visa application cost is only a worry when you are about to start an application.. when you are in it ... you definitely are in it until you get to the last page.

So in essence pay £2000+(for the same visa process) when the option for a free appeal process is available?
A solicitor is not required in less complicated matters. If cost is not an option for the applicant, they can simply re-apply, get a solicitor, pay for unknown transport cost, pay for phone calls etc etc etc
When advising it's always best to look at the cheapest option 1st, then explore other options.
The OP and applicant, have already decided to appeal so let's hope she cross the T's and dots the I's.
We have had loads of applicants on this thread take the appeal route, and they were successful!!!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 10:20am On Apr 11, 2016
Lexusgs430:

So in essence pay £2000+(for the same visa process) when the option for a free appeal process is available?
A solicitor is not required in less complicated matters. If cost is not an option for the applicant, they can simply re-apply, get a solicitor, pay for unknown transport cost, pay for phone calls etc etc etc
When advising it's always best to look at the cheapest option 1st, then explore other options.
The OP and applicant, have already decided to appeal so let's hope she cross the T's and dots the I's.
We have had loads of applicants on this thread take the appeal route, and they were successful!!!!!

I am not against you bruv.... Appeal route is an option... but i only made a suggestion. that is why there are two side to a coin .... I have been refused a visa once and i had option of appeal but i took both steps by appealing and also resubmitting but do you know within few days i got my visa for the re-application.

UK appeals can take 1 year bruv DO YOU KNOW THAT!!! or even more..... they care less... more also, 98% of people applying for visa cannot be patient for just 12 weeks so tell me how can they be patient for 1 year... the minimum an appeal can go for is 6 to 8 months!!! so now you tell me how many applicant can be patient enough... .

It is just my view no hard feeling ... Good luck to them and i will keep them in my prayers!!!! and good luck to you too...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:55am On Apr 11, 2016
tunderule2016:

I am not against you bruv.... Appeal route is an option... but i only made a suggestion. that is why there are two side to a coin .... I have been refused a visa once and i had option of appeal but i took both steps by appealing and also resubmitting but do you know within few days i got my visa for the re-application.

UK appeals can take 1 year bruv DO YOU KNOW THAT!!! or even more..... they care less... more also, 98% of people applying for visa cannot be patient for just 12 weeks so tell me how can they be patient for 1 year... the minimum an appeal can go for is 6 to 8 months!!! so now you tell me how many applicant can be patient enough... .

It is just my view no hard feeling ... Good luck to them and i will keep them in my prayers!!!! and good luck to you too...

If the visa rejection and re - submission is N70, 000, yeah go down both routes.
But a visa application process of almost the cost I would used to pay dowry to marry a masters holder or professor from our friends, from you know where?
I would simply stick to appeal, if I had waited that long a couple more months would not kill!!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 12:27am On Apr 12, 2016
Hi all

I have a bun baking in the oven smiley

Hubby is settled in completely and has been here 8 weeks smiley grin cheesy wink

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 5:57am On Apr 12, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Appeal is not free

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.