Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1037683 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 12:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
justwise:

..and if the refusal wasn't overturned and it goes to court?

If it goes to court the fee won't be refunded and it can take up 6months to 12months

Note:Cases veries, there are some case that are straight forward like missing documents(payslips,call logs,pictures,TB&English certificate that was issue b4 the application but wasn't seen on the application by the ECO) can be submitted through the appeal process. Most of these cases don't get to court they usually overturned.
But if is case of not meeting the financial requirement, Not having TB&English certificate at all or ECO said he/she believes the relationship is not genuine and you can't prove otherwise with more pictures,call logs, financial transactions within couples and travel trips then you are going to court to convince the Judge to do the overturning of the refusal decision.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 1:32pm On Apr 14, 2016
I personally don't advice anyone to get a lawyer if is straight forward case like missing documents do it yourself address your point in your letter and add your missing documents trust you coming out with victory by not even going to court. But if you have the money to waste to reapply is your choice but note every ECO will attend to every case on their discretion you might be issued the visa or the new ECO can refuse you for another silly reason, is your call to appeal or reapply.

2. If it was refuse because of crime which comes under Suitability requirement you're most like to refuse again if reapply and go to court if you appeal.

Note: I don't advice people to reapply cause Appeal is cheap and you have 98% of getting your visa. I don't care about time is the visa care about. We survived the past months and years GOD will preserve our lives for the coming months.

I'm a living witness even with my own case I went through Appeal process.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 14, 2016
blza:

As already stated, you can work without NI for 12 weeks but the issue is seeing a recruitment agency or company willing to employ someone without NI. For the application, phone job center plus on: 0345 600 0643 and tell them you want to apply for NI. They will enquire your residency status and then send you the application pack with doc list to submit. That should arrive within 10 days. Once sent back , you might be called in for an interview or your NI will arrive within 2 weeks. So not sure the procedure u followed.

As per work experience ,depending on the type of work you are after, you may want to consider trainee roles or voluntary in that field for short period

Thanks a lot, yes it was dt no I called and they ask me to go for an interview next week at the job center around my place.
I will apply for a voluntary work then maybe 2 or 3 months so I can get the experience. Thanks a lot
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mimimonroe: 8:18pm On Apr 14, 2016
Hello Every one,
I hope I can get some help here.
I've married for less than a year and I am due for my ILR in October, as soon as I get it I want to file for my husband to join me.
My concerns:
1, Do they offer premium (same day application) services in Nigeria?
2, I am preggers and would have my baby before then. Do I have to show earning of £18,600 or £22,400 even though my baby would be in the UK?

Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 9:14pm On Apr 14, 2016
mimimonroe:
Hello Every one,
I hope I can get some help here.
I've married for less than a year and I am due for my ILR in October, as soon as I get it I want to file for my husband to join me.
My concerns:
1, Do they offer premium (same day application) services in Nigeria?
2, I am preggers and would have my baby before then. Do I have to show earning of £18,600 or £22,400 even though my baby would be in the UK?

Thank you

There is no same day application in Nigeria...but there is priority which means it will be about 2 weeks or less.
As for your other question, As the child is already in UK, it doesn't change the financial requirement regardless of nationality. No, still £18,600, as the child doesn't need a visa..... Hope that helps!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:32pm On Apr 14, 2016
tunderule2016:

There is no same day application in Nigeria...but there is priority which means it will be about 2 weeks or less.
As for your other question, As the child is already in UK, it doesn't change the financial requirement regardless of nationality. No, still £18,600, as the child doesn't need a visa. .... Hope that helps!!!

That is not entirely true, the financial requirement changes when a child is involved. The financial requirement is for family maintenance.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 9:41pm On Apr 14, 2016
justwise:

That is not entirely true, the financial requirement changes when a child is involved. The financial requirement is for family maintenance.

Well.... I did my researches before i posted that.... and i can tell you i was in the situation once.... if the child was in nigeria... it is a different case entirely .. but the baby is in uk.... More also, It is about her husband now not the baby ... so it is entirely true she needs to show 18600...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:47pm On Apr 14, 2016
tunderule2016:

Well.... I did my researches before i posted that.... and i can tell you i was in the situation once.... if the child was in nigeria... it is a different case entirely .. but the baby is in uk.... More also, It is about her husband now not the baby ... so it is entirely true she needs to show 18600...

Can you provide any official link to back that up?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
tunderule2016:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/469692/Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_August_2015.pdf

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 10:02pm On Apr 14, 2016
justwise:
[/b]
Can you provide any official link to back that up?

I just told you it happened to me .. when i applied for a visa for my wife and daughter...... what link do you need... my VISA PAGE? Dont get my answer wrong... what i am saying is this.... The Baby does not need a visa at that point in time.... if she has the money she can proceed to pay but i can tell you ... it is waste of money because the child can apply for british citizen when both parent are settled... so what matters is the husband... and if you feel like reading... then i will give u this link .. enjoy

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/504905/SET_F__Version_03-16.pdf

here is the guidance to the form above
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/483729/MN1_Guide_December_2015.pdf

british-citizenship/citizenship-faqs-common-questions-read-before-posting-t95747.html

Section 1(3) applications - children born in the United Kingdom to parents who are now settled in the United Kingdom
If the child's parent has become settled in the United Kingdom or becomes a British citizen, the child will have an entitlement to register as a British citizen. This registration would be under section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act 1981.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 11:13pm On Apr 14, 2016
justwise:

You are arguing off point dude, this is not about British citizenship requirements but about spouse visa financial requirement. You are really missing the point here

Listen dude..... my point of british citizenship... means that is for the kid not the settlement . The husband is the only one that needs to apply for the visa now since the unborn child will be in UK.... I am not missing any point... i am only giving you insight and more also...giving her steps to go about it ...

DUDE .... i am 100% right... but Good luck to your beliefs .... But you cant tell me what i know from what i dont know ...
HUSBAND.... SETTLEMENT VISA...
CHILD..... NO NEED FOR VISA AT THE MOMENT....

Good luck
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 3:18am On Apr 15, 2016
justwise:
[/b]

You are still 110% wrong and your argument got nothing to do with the point at hand.

When a child is involved that increases the spouse visa financial requirement

Justwise i hate to disagree with you this time embarassed cos you are such a nice and helpful guy.

With the financial requirements children who are British citizens are exempted from the requirement .

Taking out children born of parent who is British citizen here........so:
Basically this means, if a child is born in the UK to a parent who is settled in the UK at the time of birth , that child becomes a BC at birth ... So is exempted

If a child is born in the UK to a parent who is not of settled status, that child can be registered as a British Citizen when either parent attains a settled status...... So once the child is registered as a BC , they are exempted .

So if the sponsor has a child who is either registered as a BC after a parent became settled or BC at birth cos the parent already attained a settled status at the time of birth, that child(ren) will be exempted.

As per the OPs question and as tunderule stated correctly if the OP's child is a BC at the time of application , the threshold to meet will be 18600 if they are going down the employment route. Unless there are non British child(ren) being included on the application.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 4:17am On Apr 15, 2016
justwise:
[/b]

You are still 110% wrong and your argument got nothing to do with the point at hand.

When a child is involved that increases the spouse visa financial requirement and it doesn't matter whether the child was born in the UK, in Nigeria or heaven.
@Justwise you so wrong, which we are all learning new things and information everyday MrTunde is 11million% right the financial requirement amount doesn't change as far the child is born to person that is settled. Eg My wife just had our baby girl when we applied for my spouse visa, the child was never taken into account because I'm not coming to UK with the child and because the child is a British Citizen by birth coz of my wife's status(ILR) at that time.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 6:33am On Apr 15, 2016
dday101:

@Justwise you so wrong, which we are all learning new things and information everyday MrTunde is 11million% right the financial requirement amount doesn't change as far the child is born to person that is settled. Eg My wife just had our baby girl when we applied for my spouse visa, the child was never taken into account because I'm not coming to UK with the child and because the child is a British Citizen by birth coz of my wife's status(ILR) at that time.

blza:

Justwise i hate to disagree with you this time embarassed cos you are such a nice and helpful guy.
With the financial requirements children who are British citizens are exempted from the requirement .
Taking out children born of parent who is British citizen here........so:
Basically this means, if a child is born in the UK to a parent who is settled in the UK at the time of birth , that child becomes a BC at birth ... So is exempted
If a child is born in the UK to a parent who is not of settled status, that child can be registered as a British Citizen when either parent attains a settled status...... So once the child is registered as a BC , they are exempted .
So if the sponsor has a child who is either registered as a BC after a parent became settled or BC at birth cos the parent already attained a settled status at the time of birth, that child(ren) will be exempted.
As per the OPs question and as tunderule stated correctly if the OP's child is a BC at the time of application , the threshold to meet will be 18600 if they are going down the employment route. Unless there are non British child(ren) being included on the application.
Hope this helps

tunderule2016:

Listen dude..... my point of british citizenship... means that is for the kid not the settlement . The husband is the only one that needs to apply for the visa now since the unborn child will be in UK.... I am not missing any point... i am only giving you insight and more also...giving her steps to go about it ...
DUDE .... i am 100% right... but Good luck to your beliefs .... But you cant tell me what i know from what i dont know ...
HUSBAND.... SETTLEMENT VISA...
CHILD..... NO NEED FOR VISA AT THE MOMENT....
Good luck

You are all right, have read where it clearly stated as you all argued above.

So I was wrong

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:45pm On Apr 15, 2016
justwise:

You are all right, have read where it clearly stated as you all argued above.

So I was wrong

We can't all be a fountain or foundation of knowledge. It takes a wise and strong man, to acknowledge when he is wrong and admits it.
Kudos justwise!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mimimonroe: 2:29pm On Apr 15, 2016
Thank You so much for your response.
How do I go about doing the priority application?
I assume it will cost more? x

tunderule2016:

As for your other question, As the child is already in UK, it doesn't change the financial requirement regardless of nationality. No, still £18,600, as the child doesn't need a visa..... Hope that helps!!!

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 2:39pm On Apr 15, 2016
Lexusgs430:

We can't all be a fountain or foundation of knowledge. It takes a wise and strong man, to acknowledge when he is wrong and admits it.
Kudos justwise!!!!!

We are learning .... everyday ... so i believe we should always be open mind.... Good luck everyone ....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 2:44pm On Apr 15, 2016
mimimonroe:
Thank You so much for your response.
How do I go about doing the priority application?
I assume it will cost more? x

Yes it will cost more.... But i believe reading this below will guide you.....

Priority Visa – Settlement Service £ 450
Eligible customers applying to settle permanently in the UK can opt to purchase this added value service to have their application fast tracked. UK Visas & Immigration’s published service target for standard settlement applications is 60 working days. Use of this Priority Visa service guarantees that your application will be placed at the front of the queue for processing ahead of others. The Priority Visa service (settlement) costs £450 in addition to the visa fee. If you meet the criteria set out below and wish to purchase this Priority Visa service you should log into your personal account on the TLScontact website and select and pay the fee on the Added Value Services page.

Only customers who meet the following eligibility criteria may apply for the settlement Priority Visa service:

Applicants applying to settle in the UK under family migration routes, and where a full settlement visa fee is payable.
Use of this service does not in any way imply or guarantee that an application will be successful. All applicants must meet the requirements of the relevant UK Immigration Rules.

UK Visas & Immigration recommends that you do not use this service if any of the following apply:

If you have been refused leave to enter the UK, and/or;
If you have previously deported, removed, or otherwise required to leave the UK, and/or;
If you have overstayed a period of leave in the UK, and/or;
If you have had leave to remain in the UK curtailed by the Home Office, and/or;
If you have been refused leave to remain in the UK by the Home Office, and/or;
If you have been previously refused a visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the USA or a Schengen country, and/or;
If you have been interviewed, detained or prosecuted by the police for any offence in the UK or elsewhere, and/or;
If you have an unspent criminal conviction in any country, and/or;
If you have committed a criminal offence in any country.
Priority Visa services are not refundable.

You should not purchase this service once you have submitted your application.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 9:01am On Apr 16, 2016
zinfly:
We put in my husbands application the same week you did. I have also been tracking like mad and at week 5, I have practically run out of patience. The wait is frustrating. I will race you to the end I guess. Wishing you all the best in your application.

Hello Zinfly..... have you emailed them to check the status of your application.. I cannot believe they have not even started processing an application submitted in March 9th. WHAT A JOKE!!!!

Try emailing them....ask anything and they will still respond with your status....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by zinfly: 10:40am On Apr 16, 2016
tunderule2016:

Hello Zinfly..... have you emailed them to check the status of your application.. I cannot believe they have not even started processing an application submitted in March 9th. WHAT A JOKE!!!!

Try emailing them....ask anything and they will still respond with your status....

Hello tunderule2016
Please tell me you are joking . What email address did you send the enquiry. I should have just paid for priority but hubby refused. He has ended up spending the equivalent of 350 pounds on fuel. Where did you apply Lagos or Abuja cos I heard Abuja has a shorter processing time.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 10:51am On Apr 16, 2016
zinfly:

Hello tunderule2016
Please tell me you are joking . What email address did you send the enquiry. I should have just paid for priority but hubby refused. He has ended up spending the equivalent of 350 pounds on fuel. Where did you apply Lagos or Abuja cos I heard Abuja has a shorter processing time.

I just told them i did not get any acknowledgment . Regardless of any email sent to them they will tell you the current status... Honestly i wish i had done the priority too just was indifferent about it since we still have some sorting out to do... I submitted in Lagos. Hmmm abuja shorter time.. i dont think so , because all the application still goes to Sheffield... here is the link

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk
the response time was quick.... they will send you a survey afterwards...

But come to think of it ... 60 working days is the time line with 85% completion and if i have to count from March 9th (it is just 28 days) guess we are impatient lolol...

Let Hope and Pray!!!!! all comes out quick and fast .. stay blessed.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by zinfly: 6:52pm On Apr 16, 2016
tunderule2016:

I just told them i did not get any acknowledgment . Regardless of any email sent to them they will tell you the current status... Honestly i wish i had done the priority too just was indifferent about it since we still have some sorting out to do... I submitted in Lagos. Hmmm abuja shorter time.. i dont think so , because all the application still goes to Sheffield... here is the link

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk
the response time was quick.... they will send you a survey afterwards...

But come to think of it ... 60 working days is the time line with 85% completion and if i have to count from March 9th (it is just 28 days) guess we are impatient lolol...

Let Hope and Pray!!!!! all comes out quick and fast .. stay blessed.

Do you think it's too late now to ask for priority. I was wondering if I can ask them when I email.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 7:28pm On Apr 16, 2016
zinfly:

Do you think it's too late now to ask for priority. I was wondering if I can ask them when I email.

Yes it is too late.... once you have submitted your application you cannot purchase the service. sorry friend.. I wish i could too..
Just ask them about acknowledgement and you will still get update on your application. What date did you submit your application?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by zinfly: 11:36pm On Apr 16, 2016
tunderule2016:

Yes it is too late.... once you have submitted your application you cannot purchase the service. sorry friend.. I wish i could too..
Just ask them about acknowledgement and you will still get update on your application. What date did you submit your application?
We submitted on the 1st of March. You are just a bearer of bad news today. I emailed them already so I am hoping they have looked into mine. Fx
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 1:32pm On Apr 17, 2016
zinfly:

We submitted on the 1st of March. You are just a bearer of bad news today. I emailed them already so I am hoping they have looked into mine. Fx

Why would you call me such !!!! i consider that a big offense ..... Good luck

they will get back to you on monday!!!! most definitely .
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by zinfly: 6:35pm On Apr 17, 2016
tunderule2016:

Why would you call me such !!!! i consider that a big offense ..... Good luck

they will get back to you on monday!!!! most definitely .

I am sorry you took offence 1 was only joking and it was just a figurative expression .I only meant you have not given me any hope after your revelations. Try not to take offence at insignificant stuff. I will keep you posted. Fx
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 10:23pm On Apr 17, 2016
zinfly:

I am sorry you took offence 1 was only joking and it was just a figurative expression .I only meant you have not given me any hope after your revelations. Try not to take offence at insignificant stuff. I will keep you posted. Fx

LMAOOOOO i was teasing you silly... if i was upset i will not be looking forward to hearing from you ... Anyways.... Before the end of the month we will hear good news !!!! i have counted the days and it is not even up 2 30 working days... you are on 34 days now.. i bet they are looking into yours now .

JUST READ SOMEONE STORY ON ANOTHER FORUM I AM ON....

Just want to add my piece here about this experience.

Completing the online portion was easy. It was difficult because a lot of what I read here on what to provide for fiancee visa, I did not include in my application. I felt overprepared as at the appointment I left out half of the documents as it was not on their checklist of what I needed. The officer then kept telling me that what I wanted to send was too much.

It was non priority so I expected 12 weeks. After perusing these forums I noticed I did not send a house inspection of my future in laws home of where I will be staying for a bit after we get married. I also did not provide ANY chat or skype logs. Nothing. Only provided several trips we made together as well as my fiancees 2 trips to Canada and my trip to the UK for xmas.

So of course, I started to panic. I did not prove we kept communication while we've been apart. And I know from reading here that it all depends and varies on who is checking, what else you have provided etc Apparently it was not a big deal as the visa was approved and issued March 23, and I received it today.

The wait, as everyone knows, was absolute torture!

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.