Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,892 members, 7,817,622 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1037689 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by kenson4ever: 9:04am On Apr 12, 2016
Good morning everyone,

Does anybody knows teleperformance , lagos- ikeja contact number ? Please i need it urgently.

Regards.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:05am On Apr 12, 2016
justwise:

Appeal is not free

But way cheaper than a fresh application. How much is an appeal?
NB : If your appeal is successful, a refund judgement can be made against the UKBA.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:06am On Apr 12, 2016
Portsmouth86:
Hi all
I have a bun baking in the oven smiley
Hubby is settled in completely and has been here 8 weeks smiley grin cheesy wink
How very convenient, no mention of our promised BBQ!!

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by iamifyrose: 10:52am On Apr 12, 2016
Good morning All,Am new here but I have been reading all the success of this forum and what pple has to go thru in cost of visa.every1 is indeed doing a great job!

I Have my own story aswell LOL,And pls I will need help urgently cox am about submitting mine application this month but am a bit scared.I met my hubby on dating site three years ago, I have been refused a visiting visa twice in 2014 the first refusal was cox I did not include any evidence of communication with my friend and we were actually both naïve abt including any evidences which we corrected in the second application we included all our web chats,phone calls,whatsapp,how we met on the dating site,money sent to me etc.But also refused the ECO actually stated in the second refusal that from all the evidences he can see that me and my friend are more than friends but he has to be stfied witj my own economic circumstance,my hubby wanted us to go for review or another application than cox he really wanted us to met after almost 2years of constant communication which we fell so much inlove during this time . I discouraged him cox I have important things to do and also I did not see the chance of getting it. we were very disappointed and to me it never really bother me cox we have never met one on one and I knew it was the reason for the refusal and cases of scam marriage and all that. So we agreed to travel to Dubai last year june to met,And I can say it was a divine meting, God truly bless us even when I miss my flight that very day cox of nigerian immigration and their issue with virgin passport my hubby was so scared thinking I changed my mind at the last minute.LOL he was calling my family member to know the situation,before than my family already know about our relationship and he keep in touch too with them.
He proposed to his African queen in dubai that's what he usually call me.And this starting rolling in from there.we planed for the marriage after we left dubai and he came down to nigeria for the first time in DEC to celebrate the new year with us And to God be the Glory we had our traditional and registry marriage in Jan this year.he was only accompany by his best friend his family members could not really make it,And one of the sisters Honestly admitted that she can't come cox she is not sure of the security in nigeria.Lol. Thank you all for taking your time to read,But my Big question IS...
Is been three months the wedding took place,and we spent 5days together only after the wedding from the 2weeks he spent here in nigeria. cox he as to go back to work in London, are my chances of getting the settlement visa.?
He want to summit all supporting in person to sheffield using priority including the English test and TB is that possible pls?
And is it a Must to use a lawyer, cox we have sent lot of money for the wedding and he is thinking of taking a loan before the application is submitted but he earn more than the 18,000 that is required.
God Bless You All for Reply..waiting...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 11:32am On Apr 12, 2016
Portsmouth86:
Hi all

Hubby is settled in completely and has been here 8 weeks smiley grin cheesy wink
Aww, congrats hun cheesy xx

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 11:33am On Apr 12, 2016
Hi y'all. Does any1 know what the TLS ikeja VAC centre's number is ?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 11:35am On Apr 12, 2016
Helloo y'all. Does any1 know what the TLS Ikeja VAC centre's number is ??
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdaNewbie1290: 12:26pm On Apr 12, 2016
Portsmouth86:
Hi all
Awwwwww....congrats love. So happy for youx

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by makB: 12:34pm On Apr 12, 2016
Portsmouth86:
Hi all

Big congratulations on the bun!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 12:38pm On Apr 12, 2016
I have a feeling from all my researches... Nigeria applicant applications take longer than others..... so unfair...

Country applying from: Nigeria
Type of visa applied for:Settlement-husband (non-priority)
Date application submitted (online or in person):March 9th
Date biometrics taken:March 9th
Date documentation was received by UK Border Agency office: March 14th
On March 14th, they asked for more supporting documents from Sponsor.
On March 22nd, the documents were emailed to them.
Office location processing your visa: Sheffield
Projected timeline given: Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date
Date of documents dispatched: Waiting
Date your visa was received: Waiting

I just tracked this.....

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
Service.

We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked the status GWFxxxxxxxx and date of birth
14/xx/19xx and found that there are no current updates.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 12:38pm On Apr 12, 2016
I have a feeling from all my researches... Nigeria applicatant applications take longer than others..... so unfair...

Projected timeline given: Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date

I just tracked this.....

Service.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Rishard(m): 1:10pm On Apr 12, 2016
Portsmouth86:
Hi all

Congratulations Hun. Your husband is a strong man! Also your posts on the fb group are so helpful.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 1:40pm On Apr 12, 2016
Portsmouth86:
Hi all

Congratulations Karen grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by zinfly: 4:03pm On Apr 12, 2016
We put in my husbands application the same week you did. I have also been tracking like mad and at week 5, I have practically run out of patience. The wait is frustrating. I will race you to the end I guess. Wishing you all the best in your application.

tunderule2016:
I have a feeling from all my researches... Nigeria applicant applications take longer than others..... so unfair...

I just tracked this.....

Service.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 6:08pm On Apr 12, 2016
zinfly:
We put in my husbands application the same week you did. I have also been tracking like mad and at week 5, I have practically run out of patience. The wait is frustrating. I will race you to the end I guess. Wishing you all the best in your application.

Well catch me if you can .....lolol... God will help us my sister.... I wish i had paid for priority , i did not believe i will be this impatient lol. i tend to find out that most of other countries settlement application are on the average considered very fast ... I wonder why nigeria applications are different.

God speed for us both... hopefully they will start looking at our application as they have not even started.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:31pm On Apr 12, 2016
iamifyrose:
Good morning All,Am new here but I have been reading all the success of this forum and what pple has to go thru in cost of visa.every1 is indeed doing a great job!

I Have my own story aswell LOL,And pls I will need help urgently cox am about submitting mine application this month but am a bit scared.I met my hubby on dating site three years ago, I have been refused a visiting visa twice in 2014 the first refusal was cox I did not include any evidence of communication with my friend and we were actually both naïve abt including any evidences which we corrected in the second application we included all our web chats,phone calls,whatsapp,how we met on the dating site,money sent to me etc.But also refused the ECO actually stated in the second refusal that from all the evidences he can see that me and my friend are more than friends but he has to be stfied witj my own economic circumstance,my hubby wanted us to go for review or another application than cox he really wanted us to met after almost 2years of constant communication which we fell so much inlove during this time . I discouraged him cox I have important things to do and also I did not see the chance of getting it. we were very disappointed and to me it never really bother me cox we have never met one on one and I knew it was the reason for the refusal and cases of scam marriage and all that. So we agreed to travel to Dubai last year june to met,And I can say it was a divine meting, God truly bless us even when I miss my flight that very day cox of nigerian immigration and their issue with virgin passport my hubby was so scared thinking I changed my mind at the last minute.LOL he was calling my family member to know the situation,before than my family already know about our relationship and he keep in touch too with them.
He proposed to his African queen in dubai that's what he usually call me.And this starting rolling in from there.we planed for the marriage after we left dubai and he came down to nigeria for the first time in DEC to celebrate the new year with us And to God be the Glory we had our traditional and registry marriage in Jan this year.he was only accompany by his best friend his family members could not really make it,And one of the sisters Honestly admitted that she can't come cox she is not sure of the security in nigeria.Lol. Thank you all for taking your time to read,But my Big question IS...
Is been three months the wedding took place,and we spent 5days together only after the wedding from the 2weeks he spent here in nigeria. cox he as to go back to work in London, are my chances of getting the settlement visa.?
He want to summit all supporting in person to sheffield using priority including the English test and TB is that possible pls?
And is it a Must to use a lawyer, cox we have sent lot of money for the wedding and he is thinking of taking a loan before the application is submitted but he earn more than the 18,000 that is required.
God Bless You All for Reply..waiting...

Yes you can send him all your documents then he will submit everything together but you have to go for biometric first in Nigeria before sending those documents to him.

You don't need a lawyer or agent for this.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by obabola123: 11:12pm On Apr 12, 2016
Please what is the meaning of this Pre-paid envelope? because i don't submit it with my application when i sent my documents to Sheffield.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 11:22pm On Apr 12, 2016
obabola123:
Please what is the meaning of this Pre-paid envelope? because i don't submit it with my application when i sent my documents to Sheffield.

Your sponsor in the UK will have to buy the prepaid envelope and send it along with there own part of document. It is important because it will be used to send documents back to your sponsor
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:37am On Apr 13, 2016
Rishard:

Congratulations Hun. Your husband is a strong man! Also your posts on the fb group are so helpful.
I think its all that yam he been cooking since he arrived lol.

I am trying to help where I can smiley

makB:

Big congratulations on the bun!

Thank you smiley

AdaNewbie1290:

Awwwwww....congrats love. So happy for youx

Thank you smiley

Lexusgs430:

How very convenient, no mention of our promised BBQ!!

Summer still arrive smiley even we not had a BBQ yet lol

newbie715:

Congratulations Karen grin

Thank you

thanks everyone, I'm still in shock that its happened so fast, I know its early days but I couldn't keep it to myself, although wont be putting it on FB any time soon smiley

Due date should be about 21st December I will confirm once I have the dating scan smiley

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 7:01am On Apr 13, 2016
Portsmouth86:

I'm still in shock that its happened so fast, I know its early days but I couldn't keep it to myself, although wont be putting it on FB any time soon smiley

Due date should be about 21st December I will confirm once I have the dating scan smiley

Awww, congrats hun. Always joyful to hear baby news. Try get all the rest and SLEEP you can at this stage. wish u and ur hubby the best

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:27am On Apr 13, 2016
Portsmouth86 - Those early days of your husband arriving and you going incommunicado on this forum. We now know, in between the cooking bun, cooking yam, you were both pounding yam!!!!
Congratulations in advance!!!!

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:12am On Apr 13, 2016
Portsmouth86:

I think its all that yam he been cooking since he arrived lol.

I am trying to help where I can smiley

Thank you smiley

Thank you smiley

Summer still arrive smiley even we not had a BBQ yet lol

Thank you

thanks everyone, I'm still in shock that its happened so fast, I know its early days but I couldn't keep it to myself, although wont be putting it on FB any time soon smiley

You are a funny character honestly. What were you expecting?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by obabola123: 10:50am On Apr 13, 2016
Please how much is the prepaid envelope cost and can I send that only to HO?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 13, 2016
Portsmouth86:
Hi all

I got in exactly 3 weeks ago and it hasn't been easy. I had severe cold and flu my first week, had to use some malaria drugs I bought. Then tried applying for NI and I was given appointment to come back like in a month. Can't appkied for job cos I don't have the NI and all these ppl keep asking if u v uk experience.
I miss Naija biko

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 13, 2016
Portsmouth86:
Hi all

Awwwww, congratulations Hun! Can't wait to share my good news too***kisses
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 8:14pm On Apr 13, 2016
KemBee86:

I got in exactly 3 weeks ago and it hasn't been easy. I had severe cold and flu my first week, had to use some malaria drugs I bought. Then tried applying for NI and I was given appointment to come back like in a month. Can't appkied for job cos I don't have the NI and all these ppl keep asking if u v uk experience.
I miss Naija biko

You do NOT need an NI number to get a job you are allowed to work 12 weeks without, I called them immediately they sent a form I returned it and a week later got an NI for my husband

You can apply for jobs my husband started work before he got the NI number smiley

Few are asked to come for an interview, I told them my husband has a job offer already(although he didn't at the time) maybe why smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 8:15pm On Apr 13, 2016
Lexusgs430:
Portsmouth86 - Those early days of your husband arriving and you going incommunicado on this forum. We now know, in between the cooking bun, cooking yam, you were both pounding yam!!!!
Congratulations in advance!!!!

Lool too funny ooo hilarious human haha, true tho smiley

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 8:16pm On Apr 13, 2016
justwise:

You are a funny character honestly. What were you expecting?

True true, and how boring if I was normal haha smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by fazo14: 9:17pm On Apr 13, 2016
Congratulations Portsmouth86 grin smiley grin, I rejoice with you as I tap into the blessing n anointing grin grin grin...God's blessings all da way............. cheesy

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 12:35am On Apr 14, 2016
KemBee86:

I miss Naija biko

As already stated, you can work without NI for 12 weeks but the issue is seeing a recruitment agency or company willing to employ someone without NI. For the application, phone job center plus on: 0345 600 0643 and tell them you want to apply for NI. They will enquire your residency status and then send you the application pack with doc list to submit. That should arrive within 10 days. Once sent back , you might be called in for an interview or your NI will arrive within 2 weeks. So not sure the procedure u followed.

As per work experience ,depending on the type of work you are after, you may want to consider trainee roles or voluntary in that field for short period
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 10:58am On Apr 14, 2016
justwise:

Appeal is not free
You have to pay £140 for appeal and if the refusal decision is overturned by the ECM(Entry Clearance Manager)before it gets to court then the £140 will be refunded my the tribunal.
2. Appeal process takes 1month to 8months. My best friend own took 6weeks and the ECM overturned the decision and he's spousal visa was issued in 2weeks after he submitted his passport.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:16am On Apr 14, 2016
dday101:

You have to pay £140 for appeal and if the refusal decision is overturned by the ECM(Entry Clearance Manager)before it gets to court then the £140 will be refunded my the tribunal.
2. Appeal process takes 1month to 8months. My best friend own took 6weeks and the ECM overturned the decision and he's spousal visa was issued in 2weeks after he submitted his passport.

..and if the refusal wasn't overturned and it goes to court?

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.