Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,714 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1036317 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:36pm On Oct 28, 2016
Gbolaboy:
Hello good people, am in dire need of advise on the spouse visa application about to submit for my wife.

1. is it compulsory to include gross earning on employment letter of someone working on non salaried employment? my employer said is impossible for them to give estimate of my earning.

2. Does address on my marriage certificate mean anything? am based in U.K. but instead filled the marriage form with my Nigeria address..is this something i need to worry myself on?

3. Am having issue getting a letter from my landlord/estate agent. They claimed that my wife name was not on the agreement hence their reluctance in drafting me a letter but waiting on the landlord to make his mind up on the issue but just incase he refused to grant my request is there a way out for me?

thanks in advance

Question 1 - How long have your worked for this employer ? Do you have wage slips and bank statements ? Do you have a P60 ?
Question 2 - Local address is not an issue. Does any other vital information defer from passport details ?
Question 3 - Do you have a tenancy agreement ? Is it a flat, house, bedseat, shared tenancy or IMO ?
Question 4 - I am already getting ahead of myself............... Your question 4 is any other question you might have ...............
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Gbolaboy: 3:47pm On Oct 28, 2016
you are a star and very funny person at that..thanks for your good work. am going to answer the questions one after the other..

1.I have been working with the same employer for almost 10 years now and have got all my documents p60, payslips, bank statements etc

2.The information are same as the one on my passport other than the address.

3. I have a tenancy agreement and its one bedroom flat which I'm staying alone. pertaining to the fourth question, still thinking of what to ask but u can guide me on what to ask on the next question cheesy
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 3:54pm On Oct 28, 2016
stillwaiting:
@Lexusgs 430, @portsmouth86, @justwise, @newbie715, @light me and others. While one is still awaiting family settlement appeals, is it possible for the person to put in visit application in order to attend conference in the UK to be sponsored by the employer?

BB Bbken asked the question as follows in previous posts: 'Justwise and all gurus in the house please help me out

I was refused my settlement Visa in March, went on appeal in April and the court has written us that the will get back to us on 28 August, but i work for a government establishment and I was nominated to attend a pre workshop in May which I did and the certificate was given which am supposed to use for the international workshop application coming up on 17th August in the UK. For the workshop am expected to pay for my hotel fee and the workshop fee.

My question is

Can I apply for the workshop while my appeal is till on or will they be another refusal due to the fact that I was refused settlement in March even though I have been to the UK before on visit.

Will i still mention my husband in the workshop application?

What documents do I need for this application?

Please I need guidance and advice, thank you
it's a federal government establishment and even when the approve for you to go, you'll have to sponsor your self and after Ward's get back your money due the one account stuff President Buhari introduced, my HOD said he is recommending me for it if I can foot the bill for now. He will give a covering letter to that effect..

NOBODY RESPONDED TO HIS INQUIRY!!! ON THIS FORUM, EACH PERSON TRAUMA/AGONY IS DIFFERENT!!! WE JUST NEED TO SYMPATHETICALLY/EMPATHETICALLY ASSIST ONE ANOTHER

I have a conference to attend in Scotland late November to be sponsored by my employer, definitely it will give me opportunity to visit my family as well. Am I going to be refused? HAS ANYBODY DONE THIS? if possible, how can I convince the HO/ECO?
URGENT ADVICE WILL BE MOST APPRECIATED!!! THANKS

Do you work for federal govt or private company?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:55pm On Oct 28, 2016
Gbolaboy:
you are a star and very funny person at that..thanks for your good work. am going to answer the questions one after the other..

1.I have been working with the same employer for almost 10 years now and have got all my documents p60, payslips, bank statements etc

2.The information are same as the one on my passport other than the address.

3. I have a tenancy agreement and its one bedroom flat which I'm staying alone. pertaining to the fourth question, still thinking of what to ask but u can guide me on what to ask on the next question cheesy

Question 1(1) - Do you have any kids ? Do you earn about 19,000 GBP per annum(over and between the 10 years) Most especially 6 months prior to application ?
Question 2(2) - The address is your local address (Just add a note to application)
Question 3(3) - You address is sufficient for 2 (till both of you start introducing juniors). Your tenancy agreement is fine to satisfy your residential address.
Question 4(4) - If only i was a soothsayer ...............................
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Gbolaboy: 4:09pm On Oct 28, 2016
your sense of humour is second to non..

I have a child who will not suffice in the application because she is British. i earned more than £19000 per year.

My main worry is about the accommodation aspect where they specifically requested for a letter from the landlord.

Just remembered the fourth question, on the employment letter they never mentioned anything relating to overtime working but my contractual hours was made known on the letter. though, my contractual hour is more than enough to meet the Ho requirement. Do i need to say anything about the overtime? I think they ought to be able to figure that out on their own ...what do u think?

Try not to call me Oliver Twist yet because am definitely not going to ask for more cheesy
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:22pm On Oct 28, 2016
Gbolaboy:
your sense of humour is second to non..

I have a child who will not suffice in the application because she is British. i earned more than £19000 per year.

My main worry is about the accommodation aspect where they specifically requested for a letter from the landlord.

Just remembered the fourth question, on the employment letter they never mentioned anything relating to overtime working but my contractual hours was made known on the letter. though, my contractual hour is more than enough to meet the Ho requirement. Do i need to say anything about the overtime? I think they ought to be able to figure that out on their own ...what do u think?

Try not to call me Oliver Twist yet because am definitely not going to ask for more cheesy

- Meeting financial requirements - PASS
- Have you told your landlord the main reason for your request ? Maybe he wants to charge you a paltry amount, ask for clarification - Almost passed
- But your contractual earnings pushes you over the threshold (overtime nah bonus)
- I was almost calling you Oliver Twist, but Dban'j might just be a lighter comparison..............
Start organizing all your documentations, make sure they are all in date and appropriate. For direction, read through this thread, head to KFC or Mac'd go large, eat, read and digest (If you purge, use Andrews liver salt)...................
NB : Your wives name does not have to be on the tenancy agreement. You are the present tenant, and has such requiring a letter from your landlord/estate agent should not be a problem (not unless you have not always been a good boy to your landlord/estate agent)...............
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Gbolaboy: 4:57pm On Oct 28, 2016
am guessing is the useless agency people causing this confusion, they are hellbent on not listening to other people needs other than theirs. finger cross i might be fortunate enough with the landlord.

my contractual earning did pushed me way above the threshold.

one last question pls... i was once on unmarried partner visa which i got through my ex but we separated since 2014 before i met my wife. Is there anyway of proving we are no longer together? Though, i asked her to draft a letter to support my application saying since and why we went our separated way couple with the data page of her passport.. any suggestion on this since there is no clear cut way proofing separation in unmarried partner relationship in British law.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Gbolaboy: 5:05pm On Oct 28, 2016
justwise:

Your application looks questionable and suspicious, personally i don't think you should submit it

Why did you say that? mean no disrespect

All my documents are genuine and my relationship. where does that term questionable and suspicious comes from? could that be because am asking questions or what... one more time, just need clarity and not people giving disdain comments
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:05pm On Oct 28, 2016
Gbolaboy:
am guessing is the useless agency people causing this confusion, they are hellbent on not listening to other people needs other than theirs. finger cross i might be fortunate enough with the landlord.

my contractual earning did pushed me way above the threshold.

one last question pls... i was once on unmarried partner visa which i got through my ex but we separated since 2014 before i met my wife. Is there anyway of proving we are no longer together? Though, i asked her to draft a letter to support my application saying since and why we went our separated way couple with the data page of her passport.. any suggestion on this since there is no clear cut way proofing separation in unmarried partner relationship in British law.

Now that final question looks more like the Question 4..... I knew a bit of digging would fish out Question 4.
Unmarried partner? How unmarried was this union? What type of passport do you presently have? How legal or illegal was this unmarried partner?
And what form of legal separation do you have with this unmarried partner?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Gbolaboy: 5:24pm On Oct 28, 2016
Ve got British Passport now and there is nothing illegal about unmarried visa . Is a visa dedicated to ppl living together akin to marriage 2years cohabitation,but we never made it as far as tying the knot. Is not illegal union it was on there website to see and there is no form of separation which is why am asking from this forum.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:49pm On Oct 28, 2016
Gbolaboy:
Ve got British Passport now and there is nothing illegal about unmarried visa . Is a visa dedicated to ppl living together akin to marriage 2years cohabitation,but we never made it as far as tying the knot. Is not illegal union it was on there website to see and there is no form of separation which is why am asking from this forum.

My questions were just to have a better understanding. It sounded like the points of my questions are been misconstrued.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:53pm On Oct 28, 2016
Gbolaboy:

I would not honestly want to advise on a subject I am not too conversant with.
Is your present citizenship tied to your unmarried partner?
Considering your defacto visa conditions, are you over your spousal probationary period?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Gbolaboy: 6:33pm On Oct 28, 2016
Way over that ... am not under immigration rule anymore like I said earlier am now British citizen. Is just that there is no way to proof separation like it's obtainable under spouse visa.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:09pm On Oct 28, 2016
Gbolaboy:
Way over that ... am not under immigration rule anymore like I said earlier am now British citizen. Is just that there is no way to proof separation like it's obtainable under spouse visa.

From my basic knowledge, if you are now a British Citizen and no defacto immigration rules are applicable, I don't think you need her permission.
You might want to seek legal advice for clarification. An hour's appointment with a lawyer, should clear the air (possibly £100.00 or less would be charged).
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:19pm On Oct 28, 2016
Gbolaboy:

Why did you say that? mean no disrespect

All my documents are genuine and my relationship. where does that term questionable and suspicious comes from? could that be because am asking questions or what... one more time, just need clarity and not people giving disdain comments

Oh well.. If that is what you think then good luck. No further comment from me regarding your case.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Gbolaboy: 7:29pm On Oct 28, 2016
You are a star lexusgs430, really appreciate all ur contributions I pray for God guidance over your life. Also appreciate you too Justwise even though your first comment came as a shock to me but still appreciate you too.

To cap it all, other than the defacto thing hope every other area of my application seems in line with Ho requirement?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:42pm On Oct 28, 2016
Gbolaboy:
You are a star lexusgs430, really appreciate all ur contributions I pray for God guidance over your life. Also appreciate you too Justwise even though your first comment came as a shock to me but still appreciate you too.

To cap it all, other than the defacto thing hope every other area of my application seems in line with Ho requirement?

I would say 80/20. From what we know so far. The most important consideration, we are not sure about & the little matter of letter from estate agent / landlord.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Gbolaboy: 7:48pm On Oct 28, 2016
Exactly my point .. will let you know their feedback. Thanks a lot
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 6:37am On Oct 29, 2016
OMG Thanks so much. The lawyer does not seem to know what I need to do.

I wish I done this application myself the lawyer made so many mistakes. My husband was the one keen on using a lawyer.
the email address on the application is wrong. Tlscontact has the correct email so we received an email that the visa has been send for processing however, the online Visa application has a completely different email.

Question if I start a fresh application do I have to pay the £1300 again?
Thanks so much for your help...

dday101:

This is how I repay my IHS fee:
They asked me to start a fresh application online and when I get to the level to pay IHS fee I should pay it and stop there. After I paid I received two emails, my receipt for payment and confirmation of payment containing my IHS reference and the amount I paid.
Then I now sent a mail containing my old application reference number, my name, IHS reference number and the amount I paid to
IHS.Sheffield@fco.gov.uk and VisaSheffield@home office.gsi.gov.uk

That's all you need to do.
Good luck.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 6:42am On Oct 29, 2016
Thank you so much. I would do this as soon as!

Do you think since they are requesting payment that his Visa may be successful.

Hope they are not taking it to then refund it to me.

wallg123:
@Caribeanwiffy28 check this out if it might be useful to you.....

This is what I was asked to do to pay for my health surcharge...........

alternatively try filling out the online inquiry form, they'll surely get back to you in few days time . ...

Dear xxxxxxxx
Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration international enquiry
service.
With regards to your query, please log in to your visa4uk account and
create a new application, only complete as far as the IHS portal. Once you
have paid the IHS please forward the new GWF reference number and IHS
reference number along with the old GWF to the email address your were
given.
We hope this has answered your query.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 6:47am On Oct 29, 2016
Thanks @ Lexusgs this site has been so helpful, more than the lawyer.
I got my husband to send me a letter of consent. I posted it yesterday so I'll wait until next week to make enquires and see if they respond to me.

However, the advise from @wallg123 I'll attempt that also.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Lexusgs:

I hope you are making progress?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 8:47am On Oct 29, 2016
@caribbeanwify I have been following your timeline for a while now. Am really sorry read about all the stress the lawyer is putting you and your hubby through.

Just stay strong and know all will be well.

If the IHS was not taken during the initial application it means the lawyer filled the IHS form incorrectly.

To answer your question:

No you dont have to pay the £1,300 again. Just get to the IHS payment point make payment and stop.
You would then forward the new GWF-number and the IHS reference number to the emails they provide you.

- I need to ask you though: have they specifically sent you a mail asking you to pay the IHS? The information i saw someone post is usually sent to people whose denial decision has been overturned during the review phase.

Caribbeanwify28:

I wish I done this application myself the lawyer made so many mistakes. My husband was the one keen on using a lawyer.
the email address on the application is wrong. Tlscontact has the correct email so we received an email that the visa has been send for processing however, the online Visa application has a completely different email.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 8:53am On Oct 29, 2016
@caribbeanwify I have been following your timeline for a while now. Am really sorry to read about all the stress the lawyer is putting you and your hubby through.

If the IHS was not taken during the initial application it means the lawyer filled the IHS form incorrectly. He probably selected a country that doesn't need to pay IHS

To answer your question:

No you dont have to pay the £1,300 again. Just get to the IHS payment point of the new application form, make payment and stop.
You would then forward the new GWF-number and the IHS reference number to the emails they provide you.

- I need to ask you though: have they specifically sent you a mail asking you to pay the IHS? The information i saw someone post is usually sent to people whose denial decision has been overturned during the review phase of appeal

Also, to help you save time. Ask you hubby to mail them since they dont want to communicate with you without his consent. I know you got the consent already but it wont cost anything for him to also mail them

Its really stressful going back and forth for so long.

Caribbeanwify28:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 10:07am On Oct 29, 2016
Abbylove:
@caribbeanwify I have been following your timeline for a while now. Am really sorry read about all the stress the lawyer is putting you and your hubby through.

If the IHS was not taken during the initial application it means the lawyer filled the IHS form incorrectly.

To answer your question:

No you dont have to pay the £1,300 again. Just get to the IHS payment point make payment and stop.
@Abbylove Thanks for your response.

We didn't receive an email staying we need to pay. My MP wrote to me and said The HO contacted him regarding the inquiry he made and told him they have been emailing my husband on numerous occasions and that he has to pay his IHS for his application to be concluded and if he doesnt pay his application would be refused.

I clearly remember in April in the lawyers office when he said he has never seen this before that we have been issued with the payment receipt without even entering my card I said to him should I ask if I had to pay since the beginning he said they will contact us if there is an issue. My husband even said when I told him that this thing will later cause an issue and it now has. The worst thing is If I didnt invlolve my MP I would not have known because the HO didnt even contact the lawyer.

The whole thing is stressful my husband left since December last year, I've now travelled to NIgeria 3 times. This year has just been so unsettled.

QUESTION: do you think I should use the same emails given above or wait until the HO get the letter of consent and communicate with me on what to do?

Thanks alot..

- I need to ask you though: have they specifically sent you a mail asking you to pay the IHS? The information i saw someone post is usually sent to people whose denial decision has been overturned during the review phase.

Also, to help you save time. Ask you hubby to mail them since they dont want to communicate with you without his consent. I know you got thr consent already but it wont cost anything for him to also mail them

Its really stressful going back and forth for so long.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 10:08am On Oct 29, 2016

We didn't receive an email staying we need to pay. My MP wrote to me and said The HO contacted him regarding the inquiry he made and told him they have been emailing my husband on numerous occasions and that he has to pay his IHS for his application to be concluded and if he doesnt pay his application would be refused.

I clearly remember in April in the lawyers office when he said he has never seen this before that we have been issued with the payment receipt without even entering my card I said to him should I ask if I had to pay since the beginning he said they will contact us if there is an issue. My husband even said when I told him that this thing will later cause an issue and it now has. The worst thing is If I didnt invlolve my MP I would not have known because the HO didnt even contact the lawyer.

The whole thing is stressful my husband left since December last year, I've now travelled to NIgeria 3 times. This year has just been so unsettled.

QUESTION: do you think I should use the same emails given above or wait until the HO get the letter of consent and communicate with me on what to do?

Abbylove:

To answer your question:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 10:53am On Oct 29, 2016
@caribbeanwify27 now I see where the complication is.

Even if HO did contact ur hubby on the IHS payment you guys didnt get it due to the incorrect email address.

Really sorry about the situation hun.

Does your MP have the email address to which the New & Old GWF-number and the IHS reference number would be sent to?

If No...have him request for it using the same medium he used to make the inquiry.

As for the consent letter...wait for them to get that as well. Whichever they respond to 1st would still yield the same results.

Its not advisable to use the email address with which they contacted you or any other email address from someone else's experience 'cos your case is unique (not in a bad way).

I know how hard it is to be away from your spouse for so long. The emotional strain alone is depressing...coupled with this whole IHS & Email address drama.

Please accept my sympathy and just keep believing that there would be light at the end of this dark-dark tunnel.

Also, the IHS payment request isnt an indication that your hubby's visa has been granted. You would just have to wait it out and see.

I pray you would hear good news in the end

Caribbeanwify28:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 11:09am On Oct 29, 2016
@Abbylove Thanks for your advice.

I'll contact the MP and see if he could find out how I need to go about this.

Thanks again.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 11:11am On Oct 29, 2016
You're welcome.

Good luck and please keep us updated

Caribbeanwify28:
@Abbylove Thanks for your advice.

I'll contact the MP and see if he could find out how I need to go about this.

Thanks again.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 12:07pm On Oct 29, 2016
Caribbeanwify28:

No you don't need to pay the application fee, when you pay the IHS fee just stop there don't go any further. This most important thing is that you've paid the IHS fee and send the IHS reference number, your old GWF application reference number and the amount you paid for the IHS fee to those two email address.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by stillwaiting: 12:29pm On Oct 29, 2016
@Lexusgs 430, @portsmouth86, @justwise, @newbie715, @light me and others. Thanks a million you guys for your gratifying response and gratuitous work. I work for state Government for a decade and half. QUESTION 1: What can I do? @justwise
Please now that our lawyers have misled us, and we are subjected to appeals, which is an emotional torture roller-coaster, next month November it will be exactly one year since our appeals are lying fallow at the HM courts and Tribunal without any hearing date fixed!!!
QUESTION2:The question is can I reapply now? Will it not be too late if I reapply now taking into consideration the infantile reasons the HO/ECO sometimes put up to delay one's application 3-6months. (My application spent 6months, and they still refused me!!!)
What is the best approach? Can I wait till hearing is fixed? or I should not mind, should just put in fresh application? and they will not refuse me looking for other excuses aside from the genuine relationship they claimed in the first application? I put in a lot of contacts ('...add loads of evidence of contacts between you, especially if refusal is about genuine subsisting relationship...') as suggested on this forum; to refute their claim but they still stick to their guns to hold on to their cruel decision in spite of the MP intervention.
QUESTION 3: Does AIT allocate hearing dates based on fairness? what are the likely yardsticks unlike the HO/ECO (individuals are treated on their own merits). or NIGERIANS APPLICANTS/APPELLANTS ARE TREATED DIFFERENTLY AND DISCRIMINATED AGAINST TO OUR COUNTERPARTS IN OTHER CLIMES OR WE SHOULD BE EXPECTING HEARING DATE SOON NO NEED REAPPLYING? Pls, I am confused.
compare these 3applicants from: http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigration-for-family-members/pakistan-uk-spouse-visa-appeals-t189684-2780.html

Timeline 1:
Appealed: 27th November,2015
Review-Deadline:12th April,2016
Hearing Date:22nd March, 2016

Timeline 2:
appealed in September 2015
deadline in February 2016
Court date in March 2017

Time line 3:
Appealed - September 2015
Review - Deadline - February 2016
Hearing Date - November 2016

PLEASE MORE ENLIGHTENMENT/ANSWERS WILL BE MOST APPRECIATED IN THESE ALL THREE QUESTIONS. THANKS A LOT SIRS/MAS in this harrowing period!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.