Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1039341 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by TunzAntman: 12:29pm On Jan 17, 2017
Try and read through and you'll see a couple of people that applied through the SE route. Although from my understanding, you'd have to have HMRC documentation to show how much you've earned and tax you've paid for the year and you wouldn't be able to do this till at April at the earliest. My partner was self employed but we decided it'd be better for her to get paid employment for the application as opposed to waiting till April to submit tax assessment

Marcos100:
Hi everyone- hope someone can help.

I am a British Citizen married to a Nigerian man in July 2016 having travelled there to Nigeria. I stayed for 7 weeks with him and his family. We met through his elder brother whom I mutually knew through friends here in the UK. We had been speaking for a year and 6 months before I travelled to get married. He proposed after a year. having graduated in July 2016 I have started working on a self employed basis on my return from Nigeria in Sept 2016 - now I am confused and stressed as don't know how to account for self employment as I was previously employed till Aug 2016.

My question is does it matter how we met and that I only travelled to get married Albeight I spent 7 weeks with him? Someone said I am better off travelling again to see him which I don't mind but need to start this process too. Also, Is there a link I could read up on regarding meeting the financial requirement or just help I could receive from anyone? I currently earn £700 per week but as self employed I pay through my accountants the NI contri etc. Thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kassemkhalifeh9: 2:19pm On Jan 17, 2017
Kassemkhalifeh9:
Hey All,
I am kassem khalifeh from Lebanon.
I had recently applied for U.K. Spouse visa from Lebanon.I and my wife had been married from June 2015 and we had registered our marriage at court in Lebanon at Jan 2016.she had visited me three times since and we managed to apply in the 1st of December 2016.Although I had purchased the priority service for settlement visa for 450£ which state that w are going to to have a decision in 15 working days tell now we didn't hear anything.i used to study in the U.K. But I had some problems in Lebanon that prevented me from continuing my studies so I basically stopped going to school and got a notification from the home office to leave before 13 June 2015 but I had met my wife in that time so I left at the 12 of June 2015 so I can benefit from on the time I left with her,I haven't been doing anything illegal in the U.K. Haven't work or overstayed even I have paid half of my studies fees which was 7000£,so getting married or getting a visa to the U.K. Wasn't a plan for me as the university have explained to me why my studies were terminated that fast,is that the reason of such delay that I had been asked to leave?and shouldn't they email me why my application is taking more than 15 working day?
I will appreciate any help
Thanks in advance
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 4:43pm On Jan 17, 2017
[quote author=Kassemkhalifeh9 post=52883862][/quote]

Just be patience, you will hear from them. It will take a little for them to get to you because of your past travel history however, it will come out positive. Cheers

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by TunzAntman: 7:10pm On Jan 17, 2017
Mate just email them to get an update on the application. There doesn't seem to be any reason why your application should be delayed. No one here can tell you why they take their time with seemingly straightforward applications.

[quote author=Kassemkhalifeh9 post=52883862][/quote]

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by romeoandjuliet: 8:43pm On Jan 17, 2017
Hello everyone, I have been following this forum for the past few months and I am very impressed with the genuine assistance from you guys. Please I am the sponsor and for the past 3 weeks I have been sending email enquiries about my other half uk spouse visa application at least once every week and they would reply that it hasn't been accessed by the ECO. But yesterday noon I emailed them as usual and I got a reply after 6 hours in the evening that there is no current update that either it is a new application or maybe I gave them wrong information which I crossed checked but it was the correct information as I have been sending the email for the past 3weeks. So I emailed them back again immediately but upon till now. There is no reply from them and it is the end of the day already. please guys should I be worried? Has anyone experience this before? We applied towards the end of October 2016. Waiting for the gurus in the house for some tranquili response. Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Fynebouy: 9:43pm On Jan 17, 2017
romeoandjuliet:
Hello everyone, I have been following this forum for the past few months and I am very impressed with the genuine assistance from you guys. Please I am the sponsor and for the past 3 weeks I have been sending email enquiries about my other half uk spouse visa application at least once every week and they would reply that it hasn't been accessed by the ECO. But yesterday noon I emailed them as usual and I got a reply after 6 hours in the evening that there is no current update that either it is a new application or maybe I gave them wrong information which I crossed checked but it was the correct information as I have been sending the email for the past 3weeks. So I emailed them back again immediately but upon till now. There is no reply from them and it is the end of the day already. please guys should I be worried? Has anyone experience this before? We applied towards the end of October 2016. Waiting for the gurus in the house for some tranquili response. Thank you
I advise you use the FAQ page of UKVS. You will get a contact ID which you can quote each time you write . They will reply with updates as soon as possible.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Fynebouy: 9:45pm On Jan 17, 2017
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by romeoandjuliet: 10:00pm On Jan 17, 2017
Fynebouy:
I advise you use the FAQ page of UKVS. You will get a contact ID which you can quote each time you write . They will reply with updates as soon as possible.

Thank you somuch @Fynebouy. I will do that now. But I have always got a reply from them that it is yet to be accessed by the ECO. So I wonder what happened this time. (Update)I just went through the link you sent that is exactly the link I have been using to send the emails.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Fynebouy: 10:53pm On Jan 17, 2017
Do you quote the same contact ID each time?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by romeoandjuliet: 11:19pm On Jan 17, 2017
Fynebouy:
Do you quote the same contact ID each time?

Oh no I don't. But I do get different CONTACTID each time I receive a reply from them so should I quote the last one?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:32am On Jan 18, 2017
romeoandjuliet:

If only you applied through priority application........ All you have to do is wait. Unfortunately, it's a waiting game. Patience is a virtue...........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:35am On Jan 18, 2017
romeoandjuliet:

If you followed this thread and submitted all the details highlighted by successful applicants, nothing to worry about.
If you do corner corner, keep your fingers crossed........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Fynebouy: 7:05am On Jan 18, 2017
romeoandjuliet:

Oh no I don't. But I do get different CONTACTID each time I receive a reply from them so should I quote the last one?

Well always quote the same contact ID in all correspondences. Let it appear first line in the message box, leave a line and then write your message in brief. I do so and it ensures the thread is carried consistently. So you can wait for two weeks, if no response from tls or Sheffield, then start a new thread.

I am on the appeals route so you wanna pray and ask God to be merciful because that's a long one.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Fynebouy: 7:08am On Jan 18, 2017
Lexusgs430:

If you followed this thread and submitted all the details highlighted by successfully applicants, nothing to worry about.

I don't think that's a fair statement. Some of us did not see the thread before applying, did not submit fake or forged documents and did not expect to be refused. Not everyone who is refused followed corner corner.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by romeoandjuliet: 8:04am On Jan 18, 2017
Lexusgs430:

If you followed this thread and submitted all the details highlighted by successfully applicants, nothing to worry about.

No corner corner. Is only because they said no current update. anyways God is in control.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Babyann2016(f): 9:21am On Jan 18, 2017
romeoandjuliet:

No corner corner. Is only because they said no current update. anyways God is in control.
@romeoandjuliet
There is no cause for alarm
I applied 9weeks ago and recently that is what they keep telling me if I use the email enquiry form
Am sure they simply mean there is no current update since the previous update.....keep calm everything will be over soon
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by romeoandjuliet: 9:33am On Jan 18, 2017
Babyann2016:

@romeoandjuliet
There is no cause for alarm
I applied 9weeks ago and recently that is what they keep telling me if I use the email enquiry form
Am sure they simply mean there is no current update since the previous update.....keep calm everything will be over soon

Amen and Amen ooo . Thank you for your words of encouragement. at least you have recieved same reply b4 . It makes me feel a little bit better.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:50am On Jan 18, 2017
Fynebouy:

I don't think that's a fair statement. Some of us did not see the thread before applying, did not submit fake or forged documents and did not expect to be refused. Not everyone who is refused followed corner corner.

My assertions to corner corner, does not mean forged documents.
It simply meant, submitting insufficient documents, then heading to church for prayer, fasting and night vigil sessions.
Sending anything anyhow, with a wing and prayer.......

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 10:48am On Jan 18, 2017
Hey RomeoandJuliet, If you don't mind me asking. What exact date did you guys do the biometrics? Ours was 28th October.

It appears to me that there is a delay due to Christmas so we just have to wait for news. Another thing I noticed is that the reply centre don’t care what they reply. They simple reply anything they feel like. Unless they receive an answer like it is ready from the real department then they reply with something that puts us all on high tension

romeoandjuliet:
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by romeoandjuliet: 10:52am On Jan 18, 2017
Darcy16:
Hey RomeoandJuliet, If you don't mind me asking. What exact date did you guys do the biometrics? Ours was 28th October.

It appears to me that there is a delay due to Christmas so we just have to wait for news. Another thing I noticed is that the reply centre don’t care what they reply. They simple reply anything they feel like. Unless they receive an answer like it is ready from the real department then they reply with something that puts us all on high tension
@Darcy16
We did biometrics on the 27th October. But them saying there is no current update and giving me the reasons of maybe because is a new application or maybe I gave them wrong information is absord. That was why I panicked.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 10:58am On Jan 18, 2017
Don't worry joh. They are stupid like that. Trust me I work in a similar business and a lot of people just don't care and to make it worse it's a do not reply email address so no one is checking the replies that staff send out. So unless someone complains then they carry on. Just keep us updated. Tuesday should be your 60 days, try again then

[quote author=romeoandjuliet post=52907597][/quote]We did biometrics on the 27th October. But them saying there is no current update and giving me the reasons of maybe because is a new application or maybe I gave them wrong information is absord. That was why I panicked.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 2:32pm On Jan 18, 2017
Yes oh. 10 days after I arrived.

Demoore:

You got a job already? That was super quick. Congrats Abbylove.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Demoore(m): 4:13pm On Jan 18, 2017
Abbylove:
Yes oh. 10 days after I arrived.

Fantastic. Please you have to show me the way.
Will get in touch when I land
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 6:38pm On Jan 18, 2017
No yawa

Demoore:

Fantastic. Please you have to show me the way.
Will get in touch when I land
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benz101: 12:16am On Jan 19, 2017
Hi Everyone,
After waiting patiently on the 60working days, a decision has finally been made. An email was sent to my madam today. This remaining days to pick up the documents seem longer than the 60working days. Fingers crossed.

On the other hand, I was informed that if they don't refund IHS fee to applicant, that it is a positive outcome. How true is this? I read somewhere that refunds can take up to 3months.

Fasting and all night don start o.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:28am On Jan 19, 2017
Benz101:
Hi Everyone,
After waiting patiently on the 60working days, a decision has finally been made. An email was sent to my madam today. This remaining days to pick up the documents seem longer than the 60working days. Fingers crossed.

On the other hand, I was informed that if they don't refund IHS fee to applicant, that it is a positive outcome. How true is this? I read somewhere that refunds can take up to 3months.

Are you expecting an IHS refund? Hope flight funds are available?

I recommend a 7 day white fast, or else................
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benz101: 6:57am On Jan 19, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Are you expecting an IHS refund? Hope flight funds are available?

I recommend a 7 day white fast, or else................

Boss, I'm not expecting the IHS refund o. They should keep it. Lol @ your recommendation.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:34am On Jan 19, 2017
Benz101:

Boss, I'm not expecting the IHS refund o. They should keep it. Lol @ your recommendation.

They should keep it? LOL.............
Some type of refunds are not acceptable...........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 10:04am On Jan 19, 2017
Great news brother! Bet you are excited and scared.

Lol at flight ticket being ready. Our boiler brokedown yesterday so it's either flight ticket or fix boiler. Joke it's a no contest!!! My wife can heat me up wink

Benz101:
Hi Everyone,

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:19am On Jan 19, 2017
Darcy16:
Great news brother! Bet you are excited and scared.

Lol at flight ticket being ready. Our boiler brokedown yesterday so it's either flight ticket or fix boiler. Joke it's a no contest!!! My wife can heat me up wink

If only you had British Gas Homecare, they might patch the boiler up................
That UK freezer, bodyheat function might be limited.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 10:34am On Jan 19, 2017
Even if I did the boiler has so much rust inside and leaking. They would try sell me a new one but trust once I change the boiler I'll do the British Gas cover.

24/7 Bodyheat is not limited? With duvet? Only think is it'll be 1+1=3

Benz101 we are waiting for your good news oh!

Lexusgs430:

If only you had British Gas Homecare, they might patch the boiler up................
That UK freezer, bodyheat function might be limited.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:36am On Jan 19, 2017
Darcy16:
Even if I did the boiler has so much rust inside and leaking. They would try sell me a new one but trust once I change the boiler I'll do the British Gas cover.

24/7 Bodyheat is not limited? With duvet? Only think is it'll be 1+1=3

Benz101 we are waiting for your good news oh!

If given a choice, boiler or bodyheat? I would surely be choosing boiler (heater hot + water hot) Win Win.....
Can bodyheat boil water?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.