Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1038689 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 11:19am On Jan 19, 2017
No a kettle can boil water lol.

You haven't seen my Mrs that's why. Just looking at her heats me up.

But being serious the heater will be fixed, poor girl that's coming to this cold land, heating must be on full blast!

Lexusgs430:

If given a choice, boiler or bodyheat? I would surely be choosing boiler (heater hot + water hot) Win Win.....
Can bodyheat boil water?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benz101: 12:49pm On Jan 19, 2017
Darcy16:
Great news brother! Bet you are excited and scared.

Lol at flight ticket being ready. Our boiler brokedown yesterday so it's either flight ticket or fix boiler. Joke it's a no contest!!! My wife can heat me up wink

Lol. My brother, considering the amount one paid for the application (~ to price of a plot of land in some areas), one has to be excited at first, then tensed later on as to what decision has been reached. Even when you do everything right, they make a reason.

My friend that applied for his Naturalization in April last year, till today no news. MP don involve. The Indian lady said to be handling his case called him last week Tuesday, advising that ILR and Naturalization are the same. Why was he applying for it. That's to tell you that na junky be ECO.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benz101: 12:52pm On Jan 19, 2017
Lexusgs430:

If given a choice, boiler or bodyheat? I would surely be choosing boiler (heater hot + water hot) Win Win.....
Can bodyheat boil water?

Lol. Both will be a perfect combo for me.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by TunzAntman: 3:16pm On Jan 19, 2017
cheesy cheesy ECO na real junky!

Benz101:

Lol. My brother, considering the amount one paid for the application (~ to price of a plot of land in some areas), one has to be excited at first, then tensed later on as to what decision has been reached. Even when you do everything right, they make a reason.

My friend that applied for his Naturalization in April last year, till today no news. MP don involve. The Indian lady said to be handling his case called him last week Tuesday, advising that ILR and Naturalization are the same. Why was he applying for it. That's to tell you that na junky be ECO.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benz101: 2:25pm On Jan 20, 2017
Hello everyone,
It's good news. My wife just received her visa, and I just received my documents from Royal Mail. Will present our timeline shortly, let me digest this pls. I'm so relieved.
A huge thanks to justwise, lexusgs430, Portsmouth and everyone that contributed to this success. I'm really grateful.

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 3:08pm On Jan 20, 2017
Benz101:
Hello everyone,
It's good news. My wife just received her visa, and I just received my documents from Royal Mail. Will present our timeline shortly, let me digest this pls. I'm so relieved.
A huge thanks to justwise, lexusgs430, Portsmouth and everyone that contributed to this success. I'm really grateful.

Congratulations...... good news through out this year

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:35pm On Jan 20, 2017
Benz101:
Hello everyone,

Congratulations............. But you know say nah Yankee Madam like pass......
So be prepared for the 2nd leg of Trump - City application.
Hope boiler is fixed now? I hear the cold no get part 2?

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Babyann2016(f): 3:56pm On Jan 20, 2017
Hello house
Today ends the 9th week of my application and I just got a mail that my application is not straight forward and won't be able to decide my application within the service target"......please house what does it mean I am very worried...:your response will be highly appreciated
Another email was sent to me that they couldn't locate the appendix 2....meanwhile I did submit it along with the others
Please what is the correct name of the appendix Dix 2............
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 4:24pm On Jan 20, 2017
Kassemkhalifeh9:
Hey All,
I am kassem khalifeh from Lebanon.
I had recently applied for U.K. Spouse visa from Lebanon.I and my wife had been married from June 2015 and we had registered our marriage at court in Lebanon at Jan 2016.she had visited me three times since and we managed to apply in the 1st of December 2016.Although I had purchased the priority service for settlement visa for 450£ which state that w are going to to have a decision in 15 working days tell now we didn't hear anything.i used to study in the U.K. But I had some problems in Lebanon that prevented me from continuing my studies so I basically stopped going to school and got a notification from the home office to leave before 13 June 2015 but I had met my wife in that time so I left at the 12 of June 2015 so I can benefit from on the time I left with her,I haven't been doing anything illegal in the U.K. Haven't work or overstayed even I have paid half of my studies fees which was 7000£,so getting married or getting a visa to the U.K. Wasn't a plan for me as the university have explained to me why my studies were terminated that fast,is that the reason of such delay that I had been asked to leave?and shouldn't they email me why my application is taking more than 15 working day?
I will appreciate any help
Thanks in advance

Based on what you narrated so far you haven't broken any immigration rule as you left before 13th as directed by HomeOffice, You not working shouldn't be an issue as long as your wife meets the financial requirement and your relationship is a committed one then your chances are high.

Sometimes using priority services doesn't mean that your case will be treated quicker than the standard application.

You need to email or call them for an update on your application

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 4:25pm On Jan 20, 2017
Benz101:
Hello everyone,

Congratulations! All the very best.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 4:31pm On Jan 20, 2017
Babyann2016:
Hello house
Today ends the 9th week of my application and I just got a mail that my application is not straight forward and won't be able to decide my application within the service target"......please house what does it mean I am very worried...:your response will be highly appreciated
Another email was sent to me that they couldn't locate the appendix 2....meanwhile I did submit it along with the others
Please what is the correct name of the appendix Dix 2............

Its not really something to panic about as many people receive such email and still have a successful outcome.

They are still running a check on information you submitted or have too much workload that they are running behind as regard to target

Its still 9th week and not 12th so you still have few weeks before getting worried.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Adanna82: 4:31pm On Jan 20, 2017
Hi everyone im new here the thread is so long so hoping someone can help me, my fiance and I are planning on applying for a visa for him to come to the uk for us to get married we know this is possible but what we are unsure about is how the home office calculate my earnings?? I work full time earn over 20k per year but that would be from October last year as my pay increased before that I was just under 18k so my question is if i supply 6 months worth of bank statements 2 of the months will be at my old rate the other 4 will be at the rate I get now can someone tell me if we meet the financial requirements or not as the home office is not very clear on how things are worked out. Hope to hear from someone soon thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 4:34pm On Jan 20, 2017
My man Benz101. Congrats. Can only just imagine the excitment. Nice one, it's real! pinch yourself as much as you want, it's real now come back to us and explain how so quickly.

@Lexusgs430 It was me with the broken boiler and yes I had to change it. Not cheap! We did biometrics 4 days after Benz101 so we are waiting. Money still dey for plane ticket, just not a straight flight again.

Benz101:
Hello everyone,
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by romeoandjuliet: 5:00pm On Jan 20, 2017
@Darcy16. You will soon get decision email cos we got decision email on the 18th of January, we just waiting for collection email and documents back. Thank you for your words of encouragement few days ago. may you rejoice soon in the powerful name of Jesus. Amen.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mchikwaira: 5:13pm On Jan 20, 2017
You got decision email congrats. @Darcy16 you're up soon. I've been watching all you guys dates even though mine is a November application it's comforting to know they are closer to the end of October applications. God speed.
romeoandjuliet:
@Darcy16. You will soon get decision email cos we got decision email on the 18th of January, we just waiting for collection email and documents back. Thank you for your words of encouragement few days ago. may you rejoice soon in the powerful name of Jesus. Amen.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Babyann2016(f): 5:29pm On Jan 20, 2017
justwise:

Its not really something to panic about as many people receive such email and still have a successful outcome.

They are still running a check on information you submitted or have too much workload that they are running behind as regard to target

Its still 9th week and not 12th so you still have few weeks before getting worried.
Ok tanks justwise but another Email was sent saying they can't find appendix 2 of my application and I did submit it at tls ikeja now they can't find it
I will further it to the email they provided
Tanks anyway
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 5:49pm On Jan 20, 2017
Thank you @Mchikwaira and @Romeoandjuliet. Next week is going to be a great week. Would be funny if we all end up going to Heathrow at the same time. Staying confident

romeoandjuliet:
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mchikwaira: 6:56pm On Jan 20, 2017
Lol that would be funny. I would most likely be flying into Gatwick though flights from Canada cheaper to airlines that go to gatwick for some reason. Anyway as long as we all get good results that's all that matters.
Darcy16:
Thank you @Mchikwaira and @Romeoandjuliet. Next week is going to be a great week. Would be funny if we all end up going to Heathrow at the same time. Staying confident

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benz101: 7:37pm On Jan 20, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Congratulations............. But you know say nah Yankee Madam like pass......
So be prepared for the 2nd leg of Trump - City application.
Hope boiler is fixed now? I hear the cold no get part 2?

Thanks boss. Madam has only two options only, Nigeria or U.K. If she doesn't like U.K, then she will be in Nigeria.I no fit shout.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benz101: 7:40pm On Jan 20, 2017
Darcy16:
My man Benz101. Congrats. Can only just imagine the excitment. Nice one, it's real! pinch yourself as much as you want, it's real now come back to us and explain how so quickly.

@Lexusgs430 It was me with the broken boiler and yes I had to change it. Not cheap! We did biometrics 4 days after Benz101 so we are waiting. Money still dey for plane ticket, just not a straight flight again.

Thanks a lot Darcy16. You are next on the line. Tuesday isn't far.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benz101: 7:40pm On Jan 20, 2017
justwise:

Congratulations! All the very best.
Thanks boss
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benz101: 8:04pm On Jan 20, 2017
My wife's timeline:
Country applying from: Nigeria
Visa type: Settlement - Wife
16th Oct. 2016 - Online Application Submitted by my wife
21st Oct. 2016 - My trip to Nigeria
24th Oct. 2016 - Biometrics Taken in VI Lagos
26th Oct. 2016 - Email from TLS Contact and UKVI acknowledging receipt of wife's application
27th Oct. 2016 - Sponsor's Documents couriered to Sheffield from Nigeria through DHL
31th Oct. 2016 - DHL track stating Sponsor's documents received and signed for.
02nd Nov.2016 - Sponsor returned to U.K
18th Jan. 2017 - Decision email received from UKVI and TLS Contact
20th Jan 2017 - Supporting documents returned to sponsor
20th Jan 2017 - Wife received her visa and passport - Valid from 25th Jan - 24 Feb. 2017
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:33pm On Jan 20, 2017
Darcy16:

No vex, I don dey old (mixing information aka information overload)..........
Direct flight or transit flight........ UK destination nah hin sure pass.............
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mrsbebe: 9:11pm On Jan 20, 2017
Please see my timeline below
Country applying from: Nigeria
Visa Processing Office Location: Sheffield, London
Type of visa applied for: Settlement - Wife(non-priority)
VISA APPLICATION TIMELINE:

19th Sep. 2016 - Online Application Submitted
6th October. 2016 - Biometrics Taken
10th Oct 2016 - Email from TLScontact - Application Received by UK Visas & Immigration
17th Oct. 2016 - Sponsor's Documents couriered to UKVI, Sheffield
18th Oct. 2016 - Sponsor's Documents received (no email, it was tracked)
20th Dec. 2016 - Decision Email from TLScontact
22nd Dec 2016 - Collection Email received from TLScontact
27th Dec 2016 - Passport & Visa Collected
19th Dec. 2016 - Date Visa was Issued
17th Jan. 2017 – Enter this cold land and collected my BRP.

Documents submitted.
Section 1 Financial and Employers Letter

1)12 months bank statement (oct15-sept16),because hubby had not been in His job for more than 6 months
2) 12 Months Payslips (oct15-sept16)P60(2014/2015)
3) Letter from Hubby company
4)Letter from former employer
Section 2 : Evidence Of Relationship
Marriage Certificate
Pictures
Flight Tickets to Nigeria
Wedding Programme
Wedding Invitation Card
Hotel receipt
Call logs
Skype/facebook/BB/Whatsapp chats logs
Rings receipts
Gifts receipts
Money Transfer receipt
Section 3 : Sponsors Accommodation
Tenancy Agreement
Council Tax Bill
Sky Bill

Documents I submitted at TLS
Visa Form
Appendix 2
IELTS Test A1
TB Test Certificate
International Passport.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Demoore(m): 10:15am On Jan 21, 2017
Benz101:
Hello everyone,

Congrats Benz101!!! I'm happy to hear more good news.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 2:58pm On Jan 21, 2017
Adanna82:
Hi everyone im new here the thread is so long so hoping someone can help me, my fiance and I are planning on applying for a visa for him to come to the uk for us to get married we know this is possible but what we are unsure about is how the home office calculate my earnings?? I work full time earn over 20k per year but that would be from October last year as my pay increased before that I was just under 18k so my question is if i supply 6 months worth of bank statements 2 of the months will be at my old rate the other 4 will be at the rate I get now can someone tell me if we meet the financial requirements or not as the home office is not very clear on how things are worked out. Hope to hear from someone soon thanks
I think it's better for you to forget that 2 months statement that did not meet the requirement and get it from your new job. I know you guys are in a hurry but I will advice you to relax and get everything well than to rush and make mistakes. Cheers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:56pm On Jan 21, 2017
Adanna82:

Let's understand your points -

You want your bae/boo to apply for a visiting visa? And while in the uk, you want to try and circumvent the spousal visa process, and get married with a visiting visa in the UK?
Who would grant both of you the license to legally get married?
If circumventing the immigration process was that easy,nobody would bother paying for spousal visa's incurring all the punitive charges and indirect taxation disguised as application fees..........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Uchman365: 5:30am On Jan 22, 2017
Adanna82:

For spouse visa, you MUST get married in Nigeria, there's no other alternative or shortcut. Regarding the income, if you don't want to waste your time and money, wait until you have enough payslips for your current job before applying BUT this is possible only after you've married your fiance anyway.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 1:03pm On Jan 22, 2017
Good luck

Benz101:
Hi Everyone,
After waiting patiently on the 60working days, a decision has finally been made. An email was sent to my madam today. This remaining days to pick up the documents seem longer than the 60working days. Fingers crossed.

On the other hand, I was informed that if they don't refund IHS fee to applicant, that it is a positive outcome. How true is this? I read somewhere that refunds can take up to 3months.

Fasting and all night don start o.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 1:32pm On Jan 22, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Let's understand your points -

You want your bae/boo to apply for a visiting visa? And while in the uk, you want to try and circumvent the spousal visa process, and get married with a visiting visa in the UK?
Who would grant both of you the license to legally get married?
If circumventing the immigration process was that easy,nobody would bother paying for spousal visa's incurring all the punitive charges and indirect taxation disguised as application fees..........

I think the visa she meant is Fiance visa not visiting visa thats why she is asking about income calculation. Will advice her to wait for another 2 months before applying so that her payslip will meet up to the required amount as her previous salary did not meet up to it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:59pm On Jan 22, 2017
Realgeo:

I think the visa she meant is Fiance visa not visiting visa thats why she is asking about income calculation. Will advice her to wait for another 2 months before applying so that her payslip will meet up to the required amount as her previous salary did not meet up to it.

So said visa can be used to get married in the UK?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mchikwaira: 6:10pm On Jan 22, 2017
Yes but it's for the soul purpose of getting married then you have to leave the uk and do the spouse visa as married partners.
Lexusgs430:

So said visa can be used to get married in the UK?

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.