Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1034954 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Tadelov: 1:45pm On Jan 13, 2017
yayyy congrats Demoore i am so happy for you,thank God for success and mine was stamped on saturday tso i guess they stamp weekends
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Demoore(m): 4:32pm On Jan 13, 2017
Tadelov:
yayyy congrats Demoore i am so happy for you,thank God for success and mine was stamped on saturday tso i guess they stamp weekends

Many thanks Tadelov.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:03pm On Jan 13, 2017
Demoore:
MY VISA APPLICATION TIMELINE:

Country applying from: Nigeria
Visa Processing Office Location: Sheffield, UK
Type of visa applied for: Settlement - Husband (Priority)

10th Dec 2016 - Online Application Submitted
14th Dec 2016 - Biometrics Taken
14th Dec 2016 - Sponsor's Documents couriered to UKVI, Sheffield
15th Dec 2016 - Email from TLScontact - Application Received by UK Visas & Immigration
16th Dec 2016 - Sponsor's Documents received at UKVI, Sheffield
16th Dec 2016 - Email from UKVI advising application received in Sheffield and being prepared for consideration by an ECO
4th Jan 2017 - Email response from an inquiry saying application yet to be assessed
10th Jan 2017 - Email response from an inquiry saying decision has been made
11th Jan 2017 - Supporting documents returned to my wife
12th Jan 2017 - Decision Email from TLScontact 12:29pm
12th Jan 2017 - Collection Email received from TLScontact 3:41pm
8th Jan 2017 - Date Visa was Issued
13th Jan 2017 - Passport & Visa Collected

Congratulations. Wrap up very very warm. I hear it's presently snowing and freezing cold in the UK.
NB: They now work weekends (their present workload is overwhelming)...... Una wey wan go join una other half don too much............
And you also paid priority (part of the advantages of priority). Your money talking....... Drop some £ for us at MMA.........

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Demoore(m): 11:15pm On Jan 13, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Congratulations. Wrap up very very warm. I hear it's presently snowing and freezing cold in the UK.
NB: They now work weekends (theor present workload is overwhelming)...... Una wey wan go join una other don too much............
And you also paid priority (part of the advantages of priority). Your money talking....... Drop some £ for us at MMA.........

Lol....many thanks Lexusgs430. Don't worry, will drop some £ at MMA as advised. smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by abubarakat: 10:19am On Jan 14, 2017
Congratulations. We have another success story.

I wish all applicants awaiting decision a successful outcome

Demoore:
Greetings house,
I just picked up my passport and visa this morning 10:45am!!! It has been a real journey for me and I give thanks to God that it has ended well.

I sincerely wish I had found out about this thread before embarking on this spouse visa application project. Initially, I had mistakenly submitted 'settlement-marriage' instead of 'settlement-husband' application in my first attempt. On realizing I submitted the wrong application, I quickly cancelled and recalled the application on same day. But the visa fee of over £1,200 which I paid went with the wind since I had already submitted my biometrics. There was no refund for me cry It felt like the ground should open up and swallow me...over N650k (£1,200) lost in this our recession! I have not fully recovered from that loss to be honest.

I picked myself up and started again. This time I applied with the right application: settlement-husband, and I also paid for priority. Unfortunately, it was only after submitting my 2nd application that I found out about this thread and realized that my 2nd application was not as strong as I could have made it. But the Lord did it for me all the same.

Visa granted since 8th Jan 2017 (I didn't know they stamp visas on Sundays)

I will post my visa timeline shortly.

You guys should keep up the good work of providing UK visa information on this thread. God bless you all abundantly!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by abubarakat: 10:30am On Jan 14, 2017
Hi Guys,

Just a quick update. I left Nigeria on Thursday afternoon and landed in the UK Friday morning around 6am in the waiting arms of my wife and daughter.

The UK border agent that attended to me didn't give any hassle. My TB certificate wasn't me; it was sent along with other supporting docs to my wife. She didn't even ask for it. She only asked the following questions:

1. Why are you in the UK
And: To join my Family

2. Have you been to the UK before:
Ans: No

3. When did you get married to your spouse:
Ans: 2014. I only said the year and she didn't say anything.

She stamped my passport for entry and returned it.

But boy o boy, it is damn cold. The cold no be small thing for my made in 9ja body.

Anyways, after visiting a few family and friends during the day, we stopped at the post office to pickup my BRP later in the evening on Friday. The person that attended to me only asked for my passport, decision letter, address in the UK, email and phone number.

That's all.

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Demoore(m): 5:01pm On Jan 14, 2017
abubarakat:
Congratulations. We have another success story.

I wish all applicants awaiting decision a successful outcome

Many thanks abubarakat.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 11:34pm On Jan 14, 2017
abubarakat:
Hi Guys,

Just a quick update. I left Nigeria on Thursday afternoon and landed in the UK Friday morning around 6am in the waiting arms of my wife and daughter.

The UK border agent that attended to me didn't give any hassle. My TB certificate wasn't me; it was sent along with other supporting docs to my wife. She didn't even ask for it. She only asked the following questions:

1. Why are you in the UK

But boy o boy, it is damn cold. The cold no be small thing for my made in 9ja body.

Anyways, after visiting a few family and friends during the day, we stopped at the post office to pickup my BRP later in the evening on Friday. The person that attended to me only asked for my passport, decision letter, address in the UK, email and phone number.

That's all.

Welcome to the club. New year, New beginning
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 11:40pm On Jan 14, 2017
Demoore:
MY VISA APPLICATION TIMELINE:

Country applying from: Nigeria
Visa Processing Office Location: Sheffield, UK
Type of visa applied for: Settlement - Husband (Priority)

10th Dec 2016 - Online Application Submitted
14th Dec 2016 - Biometrics Taken
14th Dec 2016 - Sponsor's Documents couriered to UKVI, Sheffield
15th Dec 2016 - Email from TLScontact - Application Received by UK Visas & Immigration
16th Dec 2016 - Sponsor's Documents received at UKVI, Sheffield
16th Dec 2016 - Email from UKVI advising application received in Sheffield and being prepared for consideration by an ECO
4th Jan 2017 - Email response from an inquiry saying application yet to be assessed
10th Jan 2017 - Email response from an inquiry saying decision has been made
11th Jan 2017 - Supporting documents returned to my wife
12th Jan 2017 - Decision Email from TLScontact 12:29pm
12th Jan 2017 - Collection Email received from TLScontact 3:41pm
8th Jan 2017 - Date Visa was Issued
13th Jan 2017 - Passport & Visa Collected

Wanted to know if you couriered your documents to ukvi yourself or TLS couriered the scanned ones to ukvi and returned the original back to you immediately.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:50pm On Jan 14, 2017
abubarakat:
Hi Guys,

1. Why are you in the UK

That's all.

Congratulations...... ........... Enjoy the cold (the cold just start)..............
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by abubarakat: 9:45am On Jan 15, 2017
Thank you Boss. May God see person through this cold jare. It's really cold.

Lexusgs430:

Congratulations...... ........... Enjoy the cold (the cold just start)..............
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by abubarakat: 9:48am On Jan 15, 2017
Thanks man. It's a really new beginning. May God see us all through.

Realgeo:

Welcome to the club. New year, New beginning
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Demoore(m): 4:07pm On Jan 15, 2017
Realgeo:

Wanted to know if you couriered your documents to ukvi yourself or TLS couriered the scanned ones to ukvi and returned the original back to you immediately.

For my documents (applicant), TLS scanned and then returned all my originals to me. The only 3 original documents they took from me was my passport, application printout and the appendix form.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 6:33pm On Jan 15, 2017
Demoore:

For my documents (applicant), TLS scanned and then returned all my originals to me. The only 3 original documents they took from me was my passport, application printout and the appendix form.

What about the sponsor,s documents. Was it scanned and returned to you or was it sent to ukvi in Sheffield by the the sponsor. I am asking due to the 5 December update that all documents has to be scanned by TLS and returned immediately. You applied on 10th December. Cheers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Demoore(m): 7:20pm On Jan 15, 2017
Realgeo:

What about the sponsor,s documents. Was it scanned and returned to you or was it sent to ukvi in Sheffield by the the sponsor. I am asking due to the 5 December update that all documents has to be scanned by TLS and returned immediately. You applied on 10th December. Cheers

Sponsors documents was sent to UKVI, Sheffield by the sponsor who's in the U.K.

All applicants documents submitted at TLScontact will be scanned and returned immediately.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oridiya: 11:04pm On Jan 15, 2017
Please I have some questions.

1. Do I really need Naric certificate or is my Transcript and Statement of Result enough?
A friend only applied with her degree certificate and was approved.

2. If I can use only my transcript, should it be addressed to UKVI or can i address to myself and then present it during interview.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Fynebouy: 6:34am On Jan 16, 2017
Good morning all, hope our weekends were great. Please our alagbas I need advice. So I received a letter from Home Office or so stating they were withdrawing the original decisions (well I already received a notification from Global Appeals and had made a call to the Tribunal). BUT they have an actiom for and that is I should respond within 28 days whether I also withdraw my appeal or if I want the appeal to progress. They insist I must write either way.

Please who is familiar with this procedure and can advise on its implications?

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Fynebouy: 7:07am On Jan 16, 2017
Fynebouy:
Good morning all, hope our weekends were great. Please our alagbas I need advice. So I received a letter from Home Office or so stating they were withdrawing the original decisions (well I already received a notification from Global Appeals and had made a call to the Tribunal). BUT they have an actiom for and that is I should respond within 28 days whether I also withdraw my appeal or if I want the appeal to progress. They insist I must write either way.

Thanks

Update the letter was actually sent by the Tribunal
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 12:17pm On Jan 16, 2017
I sent an email query today and they replied….

“Regarding your situation and following the specifications provided by phone, your case has been escalated, the contact number is blah blah

We hope to have an accurate answer regarding this matter in around 5 da working days although we depend on other departments reply to be able to resolve this matter.”

I did not ask them to escalate it but they did nor did I contact them by phone. I know it’s a generic reply but at least they know that we want answers!

I asked for the application status and gave the following information.
Name –
GWF No–
DoB –
Nationality -
Passport number –
Visa – Short stay settlement visa
Date when you visited the visa application
centre –
Pay for priority service - No
Visa application centre address –
Contact details-

It’s working day 54

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kassemkhalifeh9: 1:54pm On Jan 16, 2017
Hey All,
I am kassem khalifeh from Lebanon.
I had recently applied for U.K. Spouse visa from Lebanon.I and my wife had been married from June 2015 and we had registered our marriage at court in Lebanon at Jan 2016.she had visited me three times since and we managed to apply in the 1st of December 2016.Although I had purchased the priority service for settlement visa for 450£ which state that w are going to to have a decision in 15 working days tell now we didn't hear anything.i used to study in the U.K. But I had some problems in Lebanon that prevented me from continuing my studies so I basically stopped going to school and got a notification from the home office to leave before 13 June 2015 but I had met my wife in that time so I left at the 12 of June 2015 so I can benefit from on the time I left with her,I haven't been doing anything illegal in the U.K. Haven't work or overstayed even I have paid half of my studies fees which was 7000£,so getting married or getting a visa to the U.K. Wasn't a plan for me as the university have explained to me why my studies were terminated that fast,is that the reason of such delay that I had been asked to leave?and shouldn't they email me why my application is taking more than 15 working day?
I will appreciate any help
Thanks in advance
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Fynebouy: 5:34pm On Jan 16, 2017
Good morning all, hope our weekends were great. Please our alagbas I need advice. So I received a letter from Tribunal or so stating that the Home Office were withdrawing the original decisions (well I already received a notification from Global Appeals and had made a call to the Tribunal). BUT they have an actiom for and that is I should respond within 28 days whether I also withdraw my appeal or if I want the appeal to progress. They insist I must write either way.

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mchikwaira: 5:59pm On Jan 16, 2017
Gosh I hope you hear back soon.
Darcy16:
I sent an email query today and they replied….

“Regarding your situation and following the specifications provided by phone, your case has been escalated, the contact number is blah blah

We hope to have an accurate answer regarding this matter in around 5 da working days although we depend on other departments reply to be able to resolve this matter.”

I did not ask them to escalate it but they did nor did I contact them by phone. I know it’s a generic reply but at least they know that we want answers!

I asked for the application status and gave the following information.
Name –
GWF No–
DoB –
Nationality -
Passport number –
Visa – Short stay settlement visa
Date when you visited the visa application
centre –
Pay for priority service - No
Visa application centre address –
Contact details-

It’s working day 54
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Fifi123: 6:50pm On Jan 16, 2017
Good evening everyone

My passport will expire on May, I'm planning to apply for renew it to Moroccan consulate in London next month.
Is that OK? Or I have to wait till April, when it will last only 28 days before applying .

Second question is:
How to transfer visa ( spouse visa) from old passport to new one?

Thank you in advance .
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 7:36pm On Jan 16, 2017
Fynebouy:

Thanks

It's simple. They have decided to issue you a visa but can not do so cause you have already put on an appeal. So canceal it and you receive your visa or go ahead with it and see what comes out of it which there is no guaranty that it will turn to your side.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 10:02pm On Jan 16, 2017
I no enjoy am oh.

Especially now that am working.

Lexusgs430:
Abbylove, hope you are enjoying the snow?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 10:04pm On Jan 16, 2017
Haaa! Fast fast.

Am still practicing 1st

Caribbeanwify28:

@Lexusgs430 I am dropping in to say hi hubby came November 27th 2016 and I am pregnant guys grin grin

Iam 6 weeks so he didn't waste time smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:40am On Jan 17, 2017
Abbylove:
Haaa! Fast fast.

Am still practicing 1st

Practicing ke? I was a fly on the wall...........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:41am On Jan 17, 2017
Abbylove:
I no enjoy am oh.

That spousal visa application funds, needs refunding in cash or kind................
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Marcos100: 5:25am On Jan 17, 2017
Hi everyone- hope someone can help.

I am a British Citizen married to a Nigerian man in July 2016 having travelled there to Nigeria. I stayed for 7 weeks with him and his family. We met through his elder brother whom I mutually knew through friends here in the UK. We had been speaking for a year and 6 months before I travelled to get married. He proposed after a year. having graduated in July 2016 I have started working on a self employed basis on my return from Nigeria in Sept 2016 - now I am confused and stressed as don't know how to account for self employment as I was previously employed till Aug 2016.

My question is does it matter how we met and that I only travelled to get married Albeight I spent 7 weeks with him? Someone said I am better off travelling again to see him which I don't mind but need to start this process too. Also, Is there a link I could read up on regarding meeting the financial requirement or just help I could receive from anyone? I currently earn £700 per week but as self employed I pay through my accountants the NI contri etc. Thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Demoore(m): 8:27am On Jan 17, 2017
Abbylove:
I no enjoy am oh.

You got a job already? That was super quick. Congrats Abbylove.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:00am On Jan 17, 2017
Marcos100:
Hi everyone- hope someone can help.

I am a British Citizen married to a Nigerian man in July 2016 having travelled there to Nigeria. I stayed for 7 weeks with him and his family. We met through his elder brother whom I mutually knew through friends here in the UK. We had been speaking for a year and 6 months before I travelled to get married. He proposed after a year. having graduated in July 2016 I have started working on a self employed basis on my return from Nigeria in Sept 2016 - now I am confused and stressed as don't know how to account for self employment as I was previously employed till Aug 2016.

My question is does it matter how we met and that I only travelled to get married Albeight I spent 7 weeks with him? Someone said I am better off travelling again to see him which I don't mind but need to start this process too. Also, Is there a link I could read up on regarding meeting the financial requirement or just help I could receive from anyone? I currently earn £700 per week but as self employed I pay through my accountants the NI contri etc. Thank you.

Read back on this thread, documentations required for self/employed or limited liability employment was attached.
By next month, your employment documents would hit 6 months(validity expiration). Not unless you are hoping to apply in a few weeks.
Hope you have other documentation prerequisites? If unsure, read thread thoroughly (I hear data is almost free in the UK). Get a hot water bottle, turn on the fire, engage the lazyboy, laptop on your lap, a flask of your favorite hot brew and gingernuts. Then start reading and jotting......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 12:17pm On Jan 17, 2017
@Benz101

Have you chased them up yet?

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.