Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1037565 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sync12: 9:14pm On May 14, 2017
Lexusgs430:

And my point was, that priority eligibility criteria was ignored by others and they were issued a settlement visa (all applicants confirmed on this thread). But that is by the bye.........

Let's assume your application is successful and you give birth to baby in Nigeria, how do you intend to travel with baby, considering the fact that your settlement visa has a restricted timeframe for usage (say it expires about 3 weeks after issue)?

My point raising this issues, are just to have to you think ahead, incase it's required.....

OMG! I feel like crying.I didnt read this thread well to see that others ignored the eligibility criteria.

Totally forgot about the visa time frame for entry and the BRP stuff. I have to think of serious Plan B and C sef. Thank you very much for putting things in perspective. I pray i get my visa within 2 weeks and baby continue cooking so i can run away asap.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:16pm On May 14, 2017
sync12:

OMG! I feel like crying.I didnt read this thread well to see that others ignored the eligibility criteria.

Totally forgot about the visa time frame for entry and the BRP stuff. I have to think of serious Plan B and C sef. Thank you very much for putting things in perspective. I pray i get my visa within 2 weeks and baby continue cooking so i can run away asap.

I am glad you are now further implementing Plan C. It just helps puts things into perspective....

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:19pm On May 14, 2017
sync12:

Is your pregnancy really on show? Because you still have the little matter of the airlines policy on transportation of pregnant ladies.............
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sync12: 9:31pm On May 14, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Is your pregnancy really on show? Because you still have the little matter of the airlines policy on transportation of pregnant ladies.............

I am lucky in that department, tall torso so not really showing. My tummy looks more like 6 months preggos. I would personally prefer to fly before 36weeks since mum claims that she usually gives birth before her due date and that it can be genetics. Plan B which might be going to US but passport is with UKVI ...argghhh!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:37pm On May 14, 2017
sync12:

I am lucky in that department, tall torso so not really showing. My tummy looks more like 6 months preggos. I would personally prefer to fly before 36weeks since mum claims that she usually gives birth before her due date and that it can be genetics. Plan B which might be going to US but passport is with UKVI ...argghhh!

So they have you over the barrel at the moment. Time to implement Plan C, outside the box thinking & planning.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sync12: 9:42pm On May 14, 2017
Lexusgs430:

So they have you over the barrel at the moment. Time to implement Plan C, outside the box thinking & planning.....

Plan C is not looking good at all. I need a UK or US passport for the baby asap. Please does Nairaland have DM features? I might need to DM you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:25pm On May 14, 2017
sync12:

Plan C is not looking good at all. I need a UK or US passport for the baby asap. Please does Nairaland have DM features? I might need to DM you

Your thinking gear is now zoomed into overdrive. It might not be required, but best to prepare just incase. Nairaland's DM feature, is still stuck in the dark ages.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sync12: 10:28pm On May 14, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Your thinking gear is now zoomed into overdrive. It might not be required, but best to prepare just incase. Nairaland's DM feature, is still stuck in the dark ages.....
Ok, thank you for all your help. Leaving everything in God's hands. Please do you know anything about Saudi Arabia visas?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:30pm On May 14, 2017
sync12:

Ok, thank you for all your help. Leaving everything in God's hands

That's all that can be done for now.........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Davdar: 5:40pm On May 15, 2017
Hello Lexusgs430, Justwise and everyone

Just to update you on my appeal and those waiting for hearing. So my hearing was this morning. There was a representative from the home office (young guy and )my barrister and the Judge was female. Before the judge started the hearing, she said the refusal was based on relationship is not genuine and the case for hearing today should be based on that.

Questions asked by my barrister
1. Did you sign the witness statement and do u want it to be used as evidence?
2. What date did u meet your spouse and why is the date significant in your life?
3. How often do u communicate with your husband?
4. What means do u communicate?

Home office representative question
1. Does your husband work?
2. Why do u send him money?
3. Have u been back home since you got married?
4 . How many times and which month and year?
5. Did u go back home before u got married?
6. How many kids do u have?
7. Do u have kids with your husband?
8. The pics you submitted were they taken on different trips or one occasion?

The Judge turn to ask me questions but she said she has nothing to ask me

So the home office representative and my barrister had to now argue on the case why the appeal should be allowed or not.
The HO representative said mean going back home twice since we got married doesn't really mean I go there to see my husband and also although I have provided means and evidents of all communication doesn't mean is him I communicate with. He also said although there several pics taken doesn't mean I took them on different trips. That's all his argument but my barrister really argued a lot using different acts and references to some cases. Also my daughter wrote a letter to attach to the documents and that one too was raised by my barrister. He really argued very well and the HO guy was sitting looking at him.

The judge then said she has to go through all my bundle as it a huge one(537) pages in all nicely labelled. We will hear from her in weeks.

So expects in the house what do u think the outcome will be? I have faith and my barrister also said I did well by answering the questions truthfully and nicely.

Any idea?

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nakiemi(f): 6:25pm On May 15, 2017
Dear All,

I hope you are well. I came across this forum while googling about uk spouse visa and I've been silently looking and making notes up till I now made my own account.

I am British national married to a Nigerian national.

We sent out application on 5th April and biometrics on 7th April. We paid a priority service fee but up till now no response. Going by other timelines I'm thinking we have up to 30 days (we are now @ Day 23) and praying for a successful response.

I'm worried about how long things are taking but leaving it to God. Thank you all for your advice and the support system you've all created on this forum - it has certainly kept my husband and I positive.

Any one experienced this long wait even though they paid priority??
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:09pm On May 15, 2017
Davdar:
Hello Lexusgs430, Justwise and everyone

Just to update you on my appeal and those waiting for hearing. So my hearing was this morning. There was a representative from the home office (young guy and )my barrister and the Judge was female. Before the judge started the hearing, she said the refusal was based on relationship is not genuine and the case for hearing today should be based on that.

Questions asked by my barrister
1. Did you sign the witness statement and do u want it to be used as evidence?
2. What date did u meet your spouse and why is the date significant in your life?
3. How often do u communicate with your husband?
4. What means do u communicate?

Home office representative question
1. Does your husband work?
2. Why do u send him money?
3. Have u been back home since you got married?
4 . How many times and which month and year?
5. Did u go back home before u got married?
6. How many kids do u have?
7. Do u have kids with your husband?
8. The pics you submitted were they taken on different trips or one occasion?

The Judge turn to ask me questions but she said she has nothing to ask me

So the home office representative and my barrister had to now argue on the case why the appeal should be allowed or not.
The HO representative said mean going back home twice since we got married doesn't really mean I go there to see my husband and also although I have provided means and evidents of all communication doesn't mean is him I communicate with. He also said although there several pics taken doesn't mean I took them on different trips. That's all his argument but my barrister really argued a lot using different acts and references to some cases. Also my daughter wrote a letter to attach to the documents and that one too was raised by my barrister. He really argued very well and the HO guy was sitting looking at him.

The judge then said she has to go through all my bundle as it a huge one(537) pages in all nicely labelled. We will hear from her in weeks.

So expects in the house what do u think the outcome will be? I have faith and my barrister also said I did well by answering the questions truthfully and nicely.

Any idea?

Thanks

What vibe where you getting from the courtroom? What did your barrister tell you?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:18pm On May 15, 2017
Nakiemi:
Dear All,

I hope you are well. I came across this forum while googling about uk spouse visa and I've been silently looking and making notes up till I now made my own account.

We sent out application on 5th April and biometrics on 7th April. We paid a priority service fee but up till now no response. Going by other timelines I'm thinking we have up to 30 days (we are now @ Day 23) and praying for a successful response.

I'm worried about how long things are taking but leaving it to God. Thank you all for your advice and the support system you've all created on this forum - it has certainly kept my husband and I positive.

You did the right thing paying for priority application. If you submitted a very good package. Your application would be granted in good time......
Expect them to communicate with you this week....

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Davdar: 10:21pm On May 15, 2017
Lexusgs430:

What vibe where you getting from the courtroom? What did your barrister tell you?

The judge was calm and she had a smiley face. My barrister said it was good and looking at the way he see things, the judge will allow the appeal but I should pray.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:25pm On May 15, 2017
Davdar:

The judge was calm and she had a smiley face. My barrister said it was good and looking at the way he see things, the judge will allow the appeal but I should pray.

That's all you can do, remain hopeful...

That HO caseworker was just a clown. Going to Nigeria, does not mean you went to visit your husband?
It's up to them to prove the contrary, and since they could not convince the Judge...........
Husband should start packing and saying his Goodbye's.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by shugachris: 7:56am On May 16, 2017
Nakiemi:
Dear All,

same with me I did biometric on 3rd April still waiting for there response and my date of traveling is 21th of may. very worried what will happen.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:33am On May 16, 2017
shugachris:

same with me I did biometric on 3rd April still waiting for there response and my date of traveling is 21th of may. very worried what will happen.

Your date of travelling on your application, does not affect your visa. Lets assume your visa is issued on the 21st, it would still be valid up to 3 weeks after date of issue ........
Not unless you have purchased your ticket in anticipation or have a deadline to meet .......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bibra800: 9:46am On May 16, 2017
Hiya Nakemi,
We are in the sane boat.I did my biometrics on the 6th of April as well . Been repeatedly disappointed as other people who had paid for priority got theirs back within the time stated on their website . Ive been looking for someone who was waiting as well so hello .All we can do is be hopeful that we will be reunited with our loved ones soon .

Nakiemi:
Dear All,

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nakiemi(f): 12:06pm On May 16, 2017
Lexusgs430:

You did the right thing paying for priority application. If you submitted a very good package. Your application would be granted in good time......
Expect them to communicate with you this week....

Thank you Lexusgs430. I'm praying for something soon. Will definitely keep you posted!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nakiemi(f): 12:09pm On May 16, 2017
Bibra800:

Hiya Nakemi,
We are in the sane boat.I did my biometrics on the 6th of April as well . Been repeatedly disappointed as other people who had paid for priority got theirs back within the time stated on their website . Ive been looking for someone who was waiting as well so hello .All we can do is be hopeful that we will be reunited with our loved ones soon .

Hi Bibra800,

I'm relieved to find someone in the same place as me. I think I've phoned them (that stupid £1.37 a minute) and emailed so many times that they must be tired of me but the wait is just too long and too agonising especially with priority having been paid.

I will be praying for you to receive news soon.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bibra800: 2:03pm On May 16, 2017
That's very kind, Thank you smiley. If only they would refund the priority fee, if they fail to make the deadline. sad.Whst have the responses to your emails been like? informed? They spelled my name wrong so I have little faith in the emails at this point .

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nakiemi(f): 4:15pm On May 16, 2017
Bibra800:
That's very kind, Thank you smiley. If only they would refund the priority fee, if they fail to make the deadline. sad.Whst have the responses to your emails been like? informed? They spelled my name wrong so I have little faith in the emails at this point .

So the first emails I got my husband to do through the UKVI site and they said they'd reply within 48 hours - we got nothing. I attempted to call and I got a generic statement that it was waiting to be assessed. I'm just tired now.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Isommex: 4:58pm On May 16, 2017
Hello the gurus in the house pls do we need to open an acct with tls before making application and how long does this whole application take as someone stated u can keep logging in and out of the acct to fill the application. Can someone help pls.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bibra800: 6:17pm On May 16, 2017
Nakiemi hiya,
That's annoying .I suppose they have thousands of applications to look through .Just be strong and hold yourself . I feel like gmail will soon warn me about refreshing my email too much .

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tosine: 12:05am On May 17, 2017
You apply from www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk for your UK settlement visa
You only open an account with TLS to complete your application process, pay for priority and book your biometrics.
After opening an account to begin your application with
www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk you have I think 10 days to complete your application.

quote author=Isommex post=56580737]Hello the gurus in the house pls do we need to open an acct with tls before making application and how long does this whole application take as someone stated u can keep logging in and out of the acct to fill the application. Can someone help pls.[/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nakiemi(f): 1:34am On May 17, 2017
Bibra800:
Nakiemi hiya,
That's annoying .I suppose they have thousands of applications to look through .Just be strong and hold yourself . I feel like gmail will soon warn me about refreshing my email too much .

Honestly, every morning I check my emails. I ask hubby if he's got any email, I get him to check the junk section looool. These people can drive u to madness but as you said we just have to keep strong and pray this will all be over soon!

I can understand there workload but if that's the case they should reduce the fee then. It's pure robbery.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:07am On May 17, 2017
Nakiemi:

Honestly, every morning I check my emails. I ask hubby if he's got any email, I get him to check the junk section looool. These people can drive u to madness but as you said we just have to keep strong and pray this will all be over soon!

I can understand there workload but if that's the case they should reduce the fee then. It's pure robbery.

Robbery ke? No be you take your hand pay them the money?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Isommex: 7:00am On May 17, 2017
@tosine thanks i really appreciate.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by EvaMD: 10:24am On May 17, 2017
hello my good people,

so we ((hubby's lawyer)even though I think i'v got this because I have been coming here everyday since last year), but my hubby is convinced his lawyer is a guru (fingers crossed)) are filling the form online and he( lawyer) is asking for dates of common wealth country visa refusals that I cant seem to remember exact dates in the past ( one refusal in 2010 - italy,2012 -france and one in 2016- france - the 2016 I can remember because it is on my recent passport. all other refusals were on the passport that was impounded when I applied for UK visa in 2012.

my question is :

1. he ( lawyer) is saying since we cant find exact date to the other two we just ignore or put in any date,- what do you guys think?
2. having been on here so much I feel like i'v got this and should fill the form myself but hubby ( headstrong-(love you still just incase he is reading this) and believes in his lawyer) thinks otherwise, should i insist on having a final review or just them sort it out?
3.can I still do priority considering the fact that I had an impounded passport 5 years ago? really want to spend his birthday with him and its in august
4.My daughter has gotten her passport and its an added advantage- do I need to attach a lot of evidence to this effect- pictures and all or just focus more on our relationship?

Thank you guys for all you do..

the real MVP's
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bibra800: 12:07pm On May 17, 2017
I believe having a lawyer can't hurt .Extra piece of mind .I can't remember some dates as well (travel dates ) but I guessed and told then it was to the best of my knowledge .
As for priority, I believe they tell you in which cases not to, an impounded passport seems serious. If it were me , I would explain as thoroughly as I can the reasons why that happened ,even better if you have the documents that say why from home office and then apply for priority . They always say on here that just be honest and don't be "economical" with the truth .

I may be speaking from the point of view of a wife who knows how hard it is to seperate wife and child from father .
So weigh your options .

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by shugachris: 12:23pm On May 17, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Your date of travelling on your application, does not affect your visa. Lets assume your visa is issued on the 21st, it would still be valid up to 3 weeks after date of issue ........
Not unless you have purchased your ticket in anticipation or have a deadline to meet .......

I have seminar to attend on 23rd, so am to leave Nigeria 21th yet my visa is not out to know if they approved it or not. have not purchased my ticket thou.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tosine: 9:13pm On May 17, 2017
1) You can put in any date, just be sincere about the visa refusals, they have all the info. You can put a note to it in the additional information that you can't remember the exact date. Make sure the year and month is correct.

2) You have to have a review of the application before submitting no matter who is filing. So that you and hubby can be in the same picture with regards all the info in case they call for Interview.

3) You can still do priority, i was denied a UK Visa once and I applied through priority and got my visa within 5 weeks.

4) Include every information you can. No informtion is too much for this considering the amount of money, time put into this.

EvaMD:
hello my good people,

so we ((hubby's lawyer)even though I think i'v got this because I have been coming here everyday since last year), but my hubby is convinced his lawyer is a guru (fingers crossed)) are filling the form online and he( lawyer) is asking for dates of common wealth country visa refusals that I cant seem to remember exact dates in the past ( one refusal in 2010 - italy,2012 -france and one in 2016- france - the 2016 I can remember because it is on my recent passport. all other refusals were on the passport that was impounded when I applied for UK visa in 2012.

my question is :

1. he ( lawyer) is saying since we cant find exact date to the other two we just ignore or put in any date,- what do you guys think?
2. having been on here so much I feel like i'v got this and should fill the form myself but hubby ( headstrong-(love you still just incase he is reading this) and believes in his lawyer) thinks otherwise, should i insist on having a final review or just them sort it out?
3.can I still do priority considering the fact that I had an impounded passport 5 years ago? really want to spend his birthday with him and its in august
4.My daughter has gotten her passport and its an added advantage- do I need to attach a lot of evidence to this effect- pictures and all or just focus more on our relationship?

Thank you guys for all you do..

the real MVP's

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.