Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,705 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1034752 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:11pm On May 21, 2017
theselectedone:
Hello house
I am an eu national , and would be moving to the uk shortly but before I do so, I am planning to get married to my fiance who is non eu (we are both nigerians and live in the same country), and invite him over there. Now my problem is that our wedding is going to be very informal, no family no relatives just the both of us and two witnesses. I am aware they expect one to send them wedding pictures among others to proove genuine relationship, will our case be problematic based on the fact that it will only be the few of us on our wedding pictures? I have many other pictures of us with friends and family and other evidence to proove our relationship is genuine, just wanted to know if they will pick on this little issue.
Thanks in advance

He is non EU residing in another EU country. You are an EU citizen (well till brexit comes to force). You intend relocating with him to the UK?
What is the process in your current country of residence?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by theselectedone: 10:29pm On May 21, 2017
Lexusgs430:

He is non EU residing in another EU country. You are an EU citizen (well till brexit comes to force). You intend relocating with him to the UK?
What is the process in your current country of residence?

Yea we currently live in the same country and he has a valid residence permit. I would relocate to UK then invite him over with eea family permit. The process is like in any other eu country.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:32pm On May 21, 2017
theselectedone:

Yea we currently live in the same country and he has a valid residence permit. I would relocate to UK then invite him over with eea family permit. The process is like in any other eu country.

My point was, why not get him all the valid documentations in your current country of residence, and both simply just walk through immigration hand-in-hand?

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by theselectedone: 11:10pm On May 21, 2017
Lexusgs430:

My point was, why not get him all the valid documentations in your current country of residence, and both simply just walk through immigration hand-in-hand?

Because he is not an eu national so it is required of him to get a visa to enter the UK as it is not not a Shengen country.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:19pm On May 21, 2017
theselectedone:

Because he is not an eu national so it is required of him to get a visa to enter the UK as it is not not a Shengen country.

I am not looking at the schengen route. I am looking at the husband of an EU citizen.
Freedom of movement also covers him, once all the documentations are done.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by theselectedone: 11:43pm On May 21, 2017
Lexusgs430:

I am not looking at the schengen route. I am looking at the husband of an EU citizen.
Freedom of movement also covers him, once all the documentations are done.

I wish you were right, but he really needs an entry visa to the UK. Freedom of movement doesn't cover him.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:08am On May 22, 2017
theselectedone:

I wish you were right, but he really needs an entry visa to the UK. Freedom of movement doesn't cover him.

Let's assume you reside in Holland (been a British citizen). Your husband been non EU citizen, residing with you in Holland.

You go through the Dutch process of spousal visa application, and he is granted. Both of you then decide to relocate to the uk afterwards. That is my angle.....

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tosine: 12:51am On May 22, 2017
It is not an issue. Like @Lexusgs430 stated, you can explain the change in number of the house in the additional information section.

joygirl2017:

Thank you very much

.hello sis and house ,
I have another question in the form I was asked about my address the issue is I been living in the house about 28 years its family house
I my past tourist application the house number was 1 but last year it changed to number 2 ......

My recent documents has house no 2 but the old application has no 1
But same house , hope it wont be an issue local govt came and changed the house number from 1 to 2 .......
On the application I had to use no 2 cos the current documents has hous 2 but past documents has no 1
Application is for spouse visa but my tourist visa in the past was no 1
Thanks
Pls hope its fine ?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 3:13am On May 22, 2017
[quote author=Lexusgs430 post=56749480]

Clearly explain in the special notes section. And put current number on property (not unless you are friendly with the occupants in Number

Thsnk you soo much fir your answer

The numbers on the street are scattered . Hope I dont need to bring any prove from local govt or anything
I should just write :

Current number of property is 2
or

should I write pls changes on house number old number of property 1 ............

new number on property is 2 ......... thats all and tell my husband to submit

Pls I just want to get this right considering the new application fee and new fee of everything
Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:10am On May 22, 2017
[quote author=joygirl2017 post=56753199][/quote]

Let's assume your new address is NO 2 Nairaland forum, you simply write NO 2 Nairaland forum on the address sections.

Special Notes Section -
NO 1 Nairaland Forum, which appears on other documentations, have been switched to NO 2 nairaland forum due to Local Government reallocation of street numberings etc etc etc

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by chrisj2(m): 9:25am On May 22, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Let's assume you reside in Holland (been a British citizen). Your husband been non EU citizen, residing with you in Holland.

You go through the Dutch process of spousal visa application, and he is granted. Both of you then decide to relocate to the uk afterwards. That is my angle.....

Why are you making things more complicated? Sorting yourselves out as a married couple in your present country of residence seems like a good first bet.

Then worry about the UK afterwards. Although, I can understand why Africans esp Nigerians might want to get to the UK as soon as possible - Brexit and all that.

I have a family who is an EU citizen with a prominent Nja that suddenly relocated his wife and children to the UK. No explanation yet and no one really knows what is wife is doing in the UK and why he is now being looked after by his sister and co.

Brexit?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by theselectedone: 9:28am On May 22, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Ok I understand your point now. That means we would be applying just after our wedding, which will bring doubts on the genuinity of our relationship. And being nigerians will not help the matter. But I will still try to get more informations.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bereabul(f): 2:01pm On May 22, 2017
Pls am in dare need of your response ASAP... I was told the spouse visa fee is paid in dollars.. please how true is this and how much is the entire fee (visa fee & IHS)?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:09pm On May 22, 2017
chrisj2:

Why are you making things more complicated? Sorting yourselves out as a married couple in your present country of residence seems like a good first bet.

Then worry about the UK afterwards. Although, I can understand why Africans esp Nigerians might want to get to the UK as soon as possible - Brexit and all that.

I have a family who is an EU citizen with a prominent Nja that suddenly relocated his wife and children to the UK. No explanation yet and no one really knows what is wife is doing in the UK and why he is now being looked after by his sister and co.

Brexit?

Why am I making things more complicated ? I thought I was trying to reduce the complication ?

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:28pm On May 22, 2017
Bereabul:
Pls am in dare need of your response ASAP... I was told the spouse visa fee is paid in dollars.. please how true is this and how much is the entire fee (visa fee & IHS)?

$ is the international currency. Since paying with a credit or debit card, the banks do the conversion from payment cards to $........

Are you thinking of using priority application ? If not, i would advice you to. Cost in $ would be notified, once this optional extra is added or not. But best to have a budget of about $2500.00
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 5:06pm On May 22, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Let's assume your new address is NO 2 Nairaland forum, you simply write NO 2 Nairaland forum on the address sections.

Special Notes Section -
NO 1 Nairaland Forum, which appears on other documentations, have been switched to NO 2 nairaland forum due to Local Government reallocation of street numberings etc etc etc

Thank you very much , I told my husband to write ,. I wish I was the one doing this . Men are different from we women .

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:08pm On May 22, 2017
joygirl2017:

Thank you very much , I told my husband to write ,. I wish I was the one doing this . Men are different from we women .

We are wired better.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Spinardo: 5:20pm On May 22, 2017
Hello Good Good People in this "House".......

Where do I start from? Uhhhhhmmm.... I am one of them VERY silent followers of this fantastic forum. I stumbled on the forum sometime in Q4 of 2016 when myself and wifey decided to go this route and I have followed the experience and diverse advises since then.

I read up from the recent past years and those experiences no doubt gave me clarity on all I needed to do/put together...

I normally do not do this but I promised myself and my Creator that once I have the outcome, I'd also come share my experience and help others wishing for same.

The wait has been MEGA tedious and nerve-wrecking; however here goes my TIMELINE (waited to state that for a VERY long time...hehehehee..):

Visa Timeline
Application Centre: TLS, V/I
Type: Non-Priority (Husband)

18/02/17 - Online application (submitted and fully paid)
23/02/17 - Biometrics appointment at TLS VI
23/02/17 - Supporting documents posted from London, UK via Royal Mail
24/02/17 - Response from UKVI Sheffield confirming receipt of application
22/05/17 - Application Assessed email from TLScontact
22/05/17 - Application Ready for Collection email from TLScontact
22/05/17 - Passport collected
19/05/17 - Visa valid
xx/xx/xx - Supporting documents returned in UK

Many thanks to the invaluable advises from Lexusgs430, Justwise, Tosine and a host of others on here... U guys ehhhnnn...... You just may never know how you have affected lives through your invaluable exposure in this regard and willingness to help others......

I will come again to update my documents as a reference point for others.

For those awaiting theirs, Bibra and Nakiemi in particular reference, I wish you guys good luck... I am quite sure the outcome will be positive!

On a lighter note, Lexusgs430...Who you be sef? How did you garner such tremendous knowledge of this process and requirements? That question has been on my mind for a very long time......LOL

4 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:45pm On May 22, 2017
Spinardo:

Where do I start from? Uhhhhhmmm.... I am one of them VERY silent followers of this fantastic forum. I stumbled on the forum sometime in Q4 of 2016 when myself and wifey decided to go this route and I have followed the experience and diverse advises since then.

I read up from the recent past years and those experiences no doubt gave me clarity on all I needed to do/put together...

I normally do not do this but I promised myself and my Creator that once I have the outcome, I'd also come share my experience and help others wishing for same.

The wait has been MEGA tedious and nerve-wrecking; however here goes my TIMELINE (waited to state that for a VERY long time...hehehehee..):

Visa Timeline

19/05/17 - Visa valid

Many thanks to the invaluable advises from Lexusgs430, Justwise, Tosine and a host of others on here... U guys ehhhnnn...... You just may never know how you have affected lives through your invaluable exposure in this regard and willingness to help others......

For those awaiting theirs, Bibra and Nakiemi in particular reference, I wish you guys good luck... I am quite sure the outcome will be positive!

On a lighter note, Lexusgs430...Who you be sef? How did you garner such tremendous knowledge of this process and requirements? That question has been on my mind for a very long time......LOL

Congratulations .............
Further goes to prove beyond reasonable doubt that, all information required to submit a very successful application is available in this thread (only if applicants are patient enough to read all pages )........

NB: To answer this question, you would have to hand me your passport and ticket, so we can swap. I promise to leave Madam for you ...... LOL

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 5:55pm On May 22, 2017
Spinardo:

Visa Timeline

19/05/17 - Visa valid

Congratulations, glad you found info here useful

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bibra800: 6:11pm On May 22, 2017
Congratulations !!!! Thank you for the wishes.I hope myself and Nakiemi will come and share good news soon too.
You are write about the forum.It was justwise that answered my masters Student visa application. Questions .I met my husband a month after I arrived England and we have a 4 month old son now.You never know how far your words will go .

Anyways ,Good luck !!!!!

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bereabul(f): 7:19pm On May 22, 2017
Thanks so much. Not considering using priority service.
Lexusgs430:

$ is the international currency. Since paying with a credit or debit card, the banks do the conversion from payment cards to $........

Are you thinking of using priority application ? If not, i would advice you to. Cost in $ would be notified, once this optional extra is added or not. But best to have a budget of about $2500.00
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 7:26pm On May 22, 2017
Bereabul:

Paid recently and the total cost was $2790.. best to have $3000 in the account

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:02pm On May 22, 2017
Realgeo:

Paid recently and the total cost was $2790.. best to have $3000 in the account

Choi ...... This beta money for complete my house for village........

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 8:38pm On May 22, 2017
Lexusgs430:

We are wired better.......

But we multitask better mind you lol . grin grin

Final question my hub mum is giving us £90,000 this week asides the from the money we are using for the application is it ok to add we are using savings route for application but this new money is it ok to add or do we have to wait 6months . If we have to wait 6month no need of printing out the statement of that we already have £95, 000 which we are using we just want to show that he can take care of me even if I dont end not finding a job . 2.5yrs and next .

What do u think?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:49pm On May 22, 2017
joygirl2017:

But we multitask better mind you lol . grin grin

Final question my hub mum is giving us £90,000 this week asides the from the money we are using for the application is it ok to add we are using savings route for application but this new money is it ok to add or do we have to wait 6months . If we have to wait 6month no need of printing out the statement of that we already have £95, 000 which we are using we just want to show that he can take care of me even if I dont end not finding a job . 2.5yrs and next .

What do u think?

How long would the funds be in the account, prior to application?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdimO1(m): 8:53pm On May 22, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Why am I making things more complicated ? I thought I was trying to reduce the complication ?

hehe... @lexusgs430 is making a valid point. though people are leaving EU countries due to some barriers especially language and also with brexit due by 2019, people are flooding to uk, before it kicks of, hence the rush. all things being equal by 2019, EU laws will no longer have prominence over UK laws.

also as regards Lexusgs430 point, it takes minimum of 6 months in some EU countries before ur non EU partner can have a a family member card or permit. this is the easiest route, but u still need to proof ur relationship is genuine and u have accommodation in the uk before immigration officer allows your partner entry into uk. u cant just walk in like that, so if u meet the financial requirement in UK, then no need going through that EU (Surinder) route,

a friend of mine whom is married to an EU citizen was denied visa or entry into UK because he submitted just marriage certificate as proof of relationship, without pictures, and chart history, though theirs is free application and no need to proof financial requirement
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:59pm On May 22, 2017
AdimO1:

hehe... @lexusgs430 is making a valid point. though people are leaving EU countries due to some barriers especially language and also with brexit due by 2019, people are flooding to uk, before it kicks of, hence the rush. all things being equal by 2019, EU laws will no longer have prominence over UK laws.

also as regards Lexusgs430 point, it takes minimum of 6 months in some EU countries before ur non EU partner can have a a family member card or permit. this is the easiest route, but u still need to proof ur relationship is genuine and u have accommodation in the uk before immigration officer allows your partner entry into uk. u cant just walk in like that, so if u meet the financial requirement in UK, then no need going through that EU (Surinder) route,

a friend of mine whom is married to an EU citizen was denied visa or entry into UK because he submitted just marriage certificate as proof of relationship, without pictures, and chart history, though theirs is free application and no need to proof financial requirement

How would an applicant only submit marriage certificate, to proof relationships?
They have themselves to blame nah.........

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 4:20am On May 23, 2017
Lexusgs430:

How long would the funds be in the account, prior to application?

The funds more than 6months in account(not the one mum in law is giving to us ) though have submitted my application from my End.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Spinardo: 8:24am On May 23, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Congratulations .............
Further goes to prove beyond reasonable doubt that, all information required to submit a very successful application is available in this thread (only if applicants are patient enough to read all pages )........

NB: To answer this question, you would have to hand me your passport and ticket, so we can swap. I promise to leave Madam for you ...... LOL

Aaahhhhaaannnn Bros Lexusgs430......Sombori cannot play with u ni.... Heheheheheheee...... Worry not.... I'm willing to forfeit the information since that is the price....lol
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Spinardo: 8:27am On May 23, 2017
justwise:

Congratulations, glad you found info here useful

Thank you so very much.... Justwise.... U guys are doing good stuff here,.... I def will be around to give my own advise based on the experience garnered from y'all and mine...... It all always adds up..... That seemingly simple advise could just be someone's silver lining...

I will still put up my documents... Just joggling around a number of things/activities at the mo....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.