Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,169 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1034877 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nakiemi(f): 4:40pm On May 26, 2017
Bibra800:
Hi Guys,
Cc:Nakiemi
Have you seen this ?

Hi Bibra800,

So I read this and also queried it on the phone with UKVI. The guy on the online informed me that the standard waiting for spouse visa is 12 weeks which is about 90 days. Priority fee of course as we both know just puts us ahead of the queue so we're nearly there - if going by the TLS information 8 weeks is 60 days meaning news could not be far off.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:22pm On May 26, 2017
Semilorepupo:

I thought this was for spousal Visa enquiry

You are now on the right thread........ Hope you are fully ready for this lecture?
The only results we expect from you is Distinction...... Read this e-book guide and cross all your T's and dot all the i's.........

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mystiqueefua(f): 9:46pm On May 26, 2017
Hello guys,

I have followed this thread silently and religiously for a few months. And this thread has kept me sane all through the waiting period.

I told myself that I would post my timeline once I get my visa issued. So here goes

Visa type - Settlement visa (wife) non-priority

22/02/17 - Online application (submitted and fully paid)
24/02/17 - Biometrics appointment at TLS IKEJA
14/03/17 - Supporting documents posted to sheffield
22/05/17 - Application Ready for Collection email from TLScontact
22/05/17 - Supporting documents returned in UK
26/05/17 - Passport collected
19/05/17 - Date visa valid from

Thanks to everyone who takes out time to answer questions from people. May God bless y'all.

4 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bibra800: 10:09pm On May 26, 2017
Congratulations!!!!@
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bibra800: 10:11pm On May 26, 2017
Nakiemi,

Oh ok -That makes sense.I like your explanation.the UKVI person I spoke to on the phone wasn't very helpful .

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:38am On May 27, 2017
Mystiqueefua:
Hello guys,

I have followed this thread silently and religiously for a few months. And this thread has kept me sane all through the waiting period.

I told myself that I would post my timeline once I get my visa issued. So here goes

Thanks to everyone who takes out time to answer questions from people. May God bless y'all.

Another undercover student, just graduated..........
Congratulations. Remember to drop something for all of us before you checkout.......

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdimO1(m): 1:03am On May 27, 2017
@lexusg430 @justwise @tosine and the house, i was told that proof of money transfer (as show of support ) from Sponsor to Applicant will be viewed as non genuine relationship, especially if the said sum is a large sum or if sent monthly. please would like to know your opinion. thanks

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mystiqueefua(f): 5:11am On May 27, 2017
Thank you Bibra800

Bibra800:
Congratulations!!!!@
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mystiqueefua(f): 5:13am On May 27, 2017
Yes oh. Thanks so much. Would drop something definitely. Lol

Lexusgs430:

Another undercover student, just graduated..........
Congratulations. Remember to drop something for all of us before you checkout.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tosine: 8:45am On May 27, 2017
As long as you have other supporting documents such as emails, chat logs, phone logs, pictures of time spent together before during after wedding, marriage certificate, evidence that you have visited each other along with the proof of money transfer will confirm that your relationship is genuine.

AdimO1:
@lexusg430 @justwise @tosine and the house, i was told that proof of money transfer (as show of support ) from Sponsor to Applicant will be viewed as non genuine relationship, especially if the said sum is a large sum or if sent monthly. please would like to know your opinion. thanks

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nakiemi(f): 9:39am On May 27, 2017
Mystiqueefua:
Hello guys,

Big congrats to you!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mystiqueefua(f): 4:26pm On May 27, 2017
Thank you

Nakiemi:

Big congrats to you!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deept(m): 5:14pm On May 27, 2017
AdimO1:

If you are doing a cover letter you can explain the reason for the transfer especially since it is from the sponsor to the applicant not vice versa (could be seen as arranged),i believe it will even support your proof of relationship.

i know an applicant who sent substantial amount of money to the sponsor to support as part of deposit to buy a house,they explained it in the application and even put proof of emails with estate agents, mortgage promise from bank,etc. He got the visa.

I believe it can help your application, just add EVIDENCE....

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdimO1(m): 9:54pm On May 27, 2017
deept:

If you are doing a cover letter you can explain the reason for the transfer especially since it is from the sponsor to the applicant not vice versa (could be seen as arranged),i believe it will even support your proof of relationship.

i know an applicant who sent substantial amount of money to the sponsor to support as part of deposit to buy a house,they explained it in the application and even put proof of emails with estate agents, mortgage promise from bank,etc. He got the visa.

I believe it can help your application, just add EVIDENCE....

Thanks smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdimO1(m): 9:54pm On May 27, 2017
tosine:
As long as you have other supporting documents such as emails, chat logs, phone logs, pictures of time spent together before during after wedding, marriage certificate, evidence that you have visited each other along with the proof of money transfer will confirm that your relationship is genuine.

Thanks cheesy
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lollipop422(f): 1:53pm On May 28, 2017
All thanks to God hubby got his Visa.

This page has been an amazing relief.

Settlement to UK Husband (non- priority)
10/02/17 - Online application (submitted and fully paid)
14/02/17 - Biometrics appointment at TLS Lagos, Ikeja
15/02/17 - Response from UKVI Sheffield confirming receipt of application
18/02/17 - Supporting documents posted from London to Sheffield
21/02/17 - DHL delivery date for supporting documents
28/02/17- Email for UKVI stating documents have not been received
28/02/17- Sent email to UKVI asking why documents had not been received
09/03/17 – Email confirmed supporting documents had been linked to application
12/05/17 - Application Assessed email from TLScontact
12/05/17 - Application Ready for Collection email from TLScontact
13/05/17- Supporting documents returned in UK
10/05/17- Visa issued/Decision Made
15/05/17 - Passport delivered via courier DHL
15/05/17 - Date visa valid from 17/05/17

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bibra800: 5:47pm On May 28, 2017
Congratulations!!!!

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdimO1(m): 7:05pm On May 28, 2017
lollipop422:

congrats

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 11:28pm On May 28, 2017
lollipop422:

Congratulations !!!! God is faithful

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:41pm On May 28, 2017
lollipop422:

Congratulations...........
When are you paying us your tithe?

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by SteelyMan: 12:17pm On May 29, 2017
SteelyMan:

Meanwhile, I still have not received my documents back o! This is quite strange. I have emailed the international enquiry service and provided all my information to them, and they say they have "escalated" the matter. I'm quite worried because I know Home Office (and UKVI by extension) often misplace docs (even passports). With the exception of my birth certificate and passport, these people have more or less every important document in my life!

Anyone else had this experience? Those who received passports back in the last 2-3 weeks, did you all receive your supporting docs? Any delays at all? Anyone with any wisdom as to how to trace and retrieve my docs?

Folks, any wisdom here?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oridiya: 5:44pm On May 29, 2017
please how are you making your ihs payments online. all my cards are not working.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 7:38pm On May 29, 2017
Oridiya:
please how are you making your ihs payments online. all my cards are not working.

Which card are u using?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 5:33am On May 30, 2017
Oridiya:

What sort of card are you using ?

Are you the sponsor or the applicant ? Its easier for your spouse abroad to pay . My spouse paid the whole fees with his card at first the card was blocked my spouse called the bank the card was opened and made all payments .
Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:49am On May 30, 2017
joygirl2017:

What sort of card are you using ?
Are you the sponsor or the applicant ? Its easier for your spouse abroad to pay . My spouse paid the whole fees with his card at first the card was blocked my spiuse called the bank tge card was opened and nade all payments .
Hope this helps

Any extra space in the bag to carry me travel go obodo oyinbo?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bibra800: 9:49am On May 30, 2017
Hi Steelyman,
If I remember correctly , you applied with your wife from lagos yes? Did you provide the self addressed prepaid envelope?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by BossNation(m): 5:03pm On May 30, 2017
Hello Nlanders, I won't wanna bore you all with stories so lemme just go straight to the point.Am ayo by name and am gonna be 17 byJune next month. My dad was born and bred in Nigeria and has been in UK for the past 20 years or so. and he is now a British citizen.well I happen to be born in Nigeria and am currently in 200level in a university here in nigeria and a patriotic citizen.I love my country.But I decided the last time my dad cameto Nigeria that I wanna leave Nigeria so we both went to the consulate office in cms and we were told that I need to go for tuberculosis test and English test.I happen to be the intelligent type so mydad was like I should try and sort myselfout as regards applying for the visa.I paid 47,500 for the tuberculosis test last week and I did the test yesterday at Issac John street Ikeja and am planning to pay for the English test next week.Dear Nlanders After concluding the test I don't know the needed documents again to conjoin so as not to be refused visa and I also wanna know how long itsgonna take before it can be approved.as well as detailed steps to take cos am a novice to this.Thanks in anticipating your responseGod bless
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 5:56pm On May 30, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Any extra space in the bag to carry me travel go obodo oyinbo?

wetin I go talk for immigration? Lol
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 5:57pm On May 30, 2017
joygirl2017:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 6:07pm On May 30, 2017
BossNation:
Hello Nlanders, I won't wanna bore you all with stories so lemme just go straight to the point.Am ayo by name and am gonna be 17 byJune next month. My dad was born and bred in Nigeria and has been in UK for the past 20 years or so. and he is now a British citizen.well I happen to be born in Nigeria and am currently in 200level in a university here in nigeria and a patriotic citizen.I love my country.But I decided the last time my dad cameto Nigeria that I wanna leave Nigeria so we both went to the consulate office in cms and we were told that I need to go for tuberculosis test and English test.I happen to be the intelligent type so mydad was like I should try and sort myselfout as regards applying for the visa.I paid 47,500 for the tuberculosis test last week and I did the test yesterday at Issac John street Ikeja and am planning to pay for the English test next week.Dear Nlanders After concluding the test I don't know the needed documents again to conjoin so as not to be refused visa and I also wanna know how long itsgonna take before it can be approved.as well as detailed steps to take cos am a novice to this.Thanks in anticipating your responseGod bless

Hi there
like oga lexus will say this forum is for uk spouse visa (settlement ) forum lol smiley grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Sounds like family route settlement visa you under 18 the major part comes from your dad THE SPONSOR

Go to the uk visa website you'll find all information there and all requirements there .
Forms to fill . Etc

Best of luck !

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:25pm On May 30, 2017
joygirl2017:

Hmmmmmm..........

You carry extra luggage........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 6:28pm On May 30, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Hmmmmmm..........

You carry extra luggage........

You want them to blow whistle for me oga lexus lol cheesy cheesy I no doo oooo .

How was your day ? Been feeling funny of late .

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.