Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,268 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1035252 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deebaby05(f): 12:58pm On Mar 27, 2018
Thanks a lot for your reply. you don t think we should wait out the appeal? My husband and I are kind of thinking against dashing them the visa fees.

what s your opinion on the IHS fees that has not been refunded.

justwise:

That is the right cause of action you have taken, i can't really see anything wrong with your application considering what you submitted

Reapply with the DNA result.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 3:40pm On Mar 27, 2018
deebaby05:
Thanks a lot for your reply. you don t think we should wait out the appeal? My husband and I are kind of thinking against dashing them the visa fees.

what s your opinion on the IHS fees that has not been refunded.

You stand a good chance with appeal but the waiting time is the issue
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nethio: 8:30am On Mar 28, 2018
Please friends, while filling the visa application on the website, the column that says spouse the passport information to be put is it for the applicant or the spouse. I am feeling for settlement husband, after travel history the next section where you will fill information for parents of the applicant, the starting side says spouse. The passport number and the rest information is it for the applicant or his spouse.
I hope you all won't mind the question, I just need guidance from people that have filled before.
As well to be double sure it is settlement husband when the husband is the person joining, and settlement wife when it is the wife that is joining.
Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Whitnified: 9:32am On Mar 28, 2018
nethio:
Please friends, while filling the visa application on the website, the column that says spouse the passport information to be put is it for the applicant or the spouse. I am feeling for settlement husband, after travel history the next section where you will fill information for parents of the applicant, the starting side says spouse. The passport number and the rest information is it for the applicant or his spouse.
I hope you all won't mind the question, I just need guidance from people that have filled before.
As well to be double sure it is settlement husband when the husband is the person joining, and settlement wife when it is the wife that is joining.
Thanks

That is the Applicant's Family Section details so yes it will be the wife/spouse details they need there and further down they ask for father & mother details which will be the Husband/applicant father & mother details.

Remember the spouse is also the sponsor so you will also need to fill in the wife details in the sponsor section too.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 4:52pm On Mar 30, 2018
Hi guys!

so I got into the UK a week ago via Manchester and there was absolutely no problem. All the food stuff I carried were in tact (I even carried cooked food sef grin, as the Nigerian food lover that I am!).

Anyway, when I got to the POE, the gentleman there was absolutely sweet, he didn’t ask for any documents other than my passport and then chatted a bit about the city my husband lives in. Like it was just gist and him laughing at me that I would have to travel to Wales to pick up my BRP grin

I’m resting for now and would begin search for work soon. I’m expanding my search from professional IT work to even sales assistant jobs (the tip is to go to the website of the company you want to work for and search for positions- you can do this for M&S, Tesco (I think) primark and more).

Good luck to everyone that’s about to apply. The secret to getting the spousal visa is to reading this forum thoroughly, being truthful in your application and also being prayerful. Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Sandyzubby: 5:36pm On Mar 30, 2018
Goodevening,All I tried to create an account and but it saying am nt successful. Pls do anybody know what I will do or has anybody experience such a thing.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:06pm On Mar 30, 2018
Aphrodite007:
Hi guys!

so I got into the UK a week ago via Manchester and there was absolutely no problem. All the food stuff I carried were in tact (I even carried cooked food sef grin, as the Nigerian food lover that I am!).

Anyway, when I got to the POE, the gentleman there was absolutely sweet, he didn’t ask for any documents other than my passport and then chatted a bit about the city my husband lives in. Like it was just gist and him laughing at me that I would have to travel to Wales to pick up my BRP grin

I’m resting for now and would begin search for work soon. I’m expanding my search from professional IT work to even sales assistant jobs (the tip is to go to the website of the company you want to work for and search for positions- you can do this for M&S, Tesco (I think) primark and more).

Good luck to everyone that’s about to apply. The secret to getting the spousal visa is to reading this forum thoroughly, being truthful in your application and also being prayerful. Cheers!

Where the kpomo and abodi wey u promise me?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 11:30pm On Mar 30, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Where the kpomo and abodi wey u promise me?

As I no see you for airport, the thing finish sinceeee grin grin dry fish still dey sha grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:00am On Mar 31, 2018
Aphrodite007:

As I no see you for airport, the thing finish sinceeee grin grin dry fish still dey sha grin

No snails + powered pap?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 3:34pm On Apr 01, 2018
Lexusgs430:

No snails + powered pap?

Powered pap? grin don’t even know what that is grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:04pm On Apr 01, 2018
I want to ask this question regarding two aspect of requirements:

Prove of English language and court marriage certificate

1.Has anybody gotten a spouse visa with just Nigerian degree certificate without UK NARIC valuation letter? I know we debated this some yrs ago but i can't find current update on this.

2.Local registry marriage certificate..any successful application with local registry certificate? I know the Fed govt won the case but i don't know if the British embassy has implemented the policy.

Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 10:20pm On Apr 01, 2018
For the English language, I did not use NARIC for my first spouse visa application, I submitted my Nigerian University certificate and a letter from the school stating the course was taught in English. This was 2015. Now I am about to apply for FLR (M) this month, I can't seem to decide if I should do same or jejely get the NARIC letter.

I am not sure about your second question.

justwise:

1.Has anybody gotten a spouse visa with just Nigerian degree certificate without UK NARIC valuation letter? I know we debated this some yrs ago but i can't find current update on this.

2.Local registry marriage certificate..any successful application with local registry certificate? I know the Fed govt won the case but i don't know if the British embassy has implemented the policy.

Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 10:42pm On Apr 01, 2018
@Justwise, someone did use the local registry certificate on the forum. I can remember that we discussed while i was raising the issue of the court case. And as far as i can remember, the application came out successful because the person quoted our discussion on it but she had already applied then. I will try to check through the thread.

justwise:

Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:53pm On Apr 01, 2018
Lamakinde:
@Justwise, someone did use the local registry certificate on the forum. I can remember that we discussed while i was raising the issue of the court case. And as far as i can remember, the application came out successful because the person quoted our discussion on it but she had already applied then. I will try to check through the thread.

Yes i remembered that but her marriage certificate was issued before the Fed govt won the case.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:57pm On Apr 01, 2018
newbie715:
For the English language, I did not use NARIC for my first spouse visa application, I submitted my Nigerian University certificate and a letter from the school stating the course was taught in English
. This was 2015. Now I am about to apply for FLR (M) this month, I can't seem to decide if I should do same or jejely get the NARIC letter.

I am not sure about your second question.

Ok, i know in the past people did exactly that but some also talked about writing the IELTS UKVI test.

Thanks anyway
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nethio: 3:11pm On Apr 03, 2018
justwise:

Thank you
As far as I remember, the court case was not about conducting marriages but on which certificate to issue.
For every Local Registry that follows the normal protocol and issues form E carrying the Federal Republic coat of arms and, duly signed by a JP is valid.
If the local government issues their own certificate it is not valid.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phardey: 4:55pm On Apr 03, 2018
I was refused initially under 320(11)
my case is same as yours. I was a child 15 years when my dad brought us to the UK. I met my husband here.
I overstayed for 6 years, though I returned to Nigeria 2008.

My initial spouse visa was refused under 320 (11) in june 2013.
I appealed and my husband got a very good lawyer and I was told to apply again. The lawyer played the minor child card. The appeal wasn't granted them cos my husband didn't meet the financial requirement.
The appeal took over a year. It was finally decided on the 25th July 2014 and i was heavily pregnant.
I gave birth to our daughter in august 2014 - we applied for her British passport immediately and we got it march 2014
then I reapplied for my spouse in April 2015 and I got my visa in June 2015
I moved back here in July 2015
Just last week, I got my Further Leave to Remain (FLR M)

If you meet all the requirements and the only reason for your refusal is based on 320 (11)
You will get your appeal granted. In most cases the HO won't even send anyone to the court during your hearing

Good luck

Mfdoom1:
Hi everyone,

I applied for an entry clearance as a partner of a British citizen. My application was refused on 320 (11). The two main points made by the ECO are: overstaying the 6months limit and breaching the conditions attached to my leave by undertaking University degrees. There was no mention of aggravating circumstances in my case.

I moved to britain as a child, with my family, and stayed there for 12 years (I was granted a 10 year visit visa). The decision to settle down in the country was taken by my parent. I met my wife in 2014, a year before the 10 year visit visa expired. The the 10 year visa expired the year after (2015), and I moved out of UK in February 2017, at my own expense, without the home office having any knowledge of me overstaying, detaining me or forcefully sending me out. I married my wife in Nigeria, then we filed the app in April. My wife has lived in Britain all her life.

During the 10 year period, I undertook studies and gained two university degrees at a time when my visa didn't allow me to do so. However, I paid for the degrees, and never used student loan or any sort of benefit. I was able to enrol with utility cards and bank card, as I didn't have any other form of ID (driver's licence, residence card etc). Although I've met all the other requirements for the spouse visa, my application has been refused for 'contriving in a significant way to frustrate the immigration rules', without any mention of the aggravating circumstances attached to 320 (11), and I've been told that studying is not an aggravating circumstance. Also, the phrase 'aggravating circumstances' was not used in the refusal letter, although 320 (11) was used.

It may be important to state here that I have neither been involved in any criminal activity, nor benefitted from public benefits, during my stay in Britain. I also did not sought or partake in any form of employment during my stay in Britain.

I sent an appeal 2 weeks ago, with the help of a lawyer, and also got my MP involved, who has sent a letter to UKVI. What are my chances in this case? Can the decision be overturned before hearing? I'll really like to hear from you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by CAT22: 7:35pm On Apr 06, 2018
Aphrodite007:
Hi guys!

I have been job hunting and it hasn’t been easy. Attended a couple of interviews already and hopefully something good comes soon. Wish you all the best with your search
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 11:12pm On Apr 06, 2018
Hi,

My hubby and I live in Manchester so holla if you need anything. Church contacts or where to get food stuffs or even work.

Good luck

Aphrodite007:
Hi guys!

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 5:27am On Apr 07, 2018
CAT22:

I have been job hunting and it hasn’t been easy. Attended a couple of interviews already and hopefully something good comes soon. Wish you all the best with your search

My dear, at least you’re even seeing the job to apply to grin, like when I got back to Nigeria, it was just 3 job opportunities I saw to apply to sef grin.

So just be patient. Don’t rush. If you want money ASAP, apply to care and retail but if you want to follow your profession, a tip can be to reach out to your professional group in the UK (on LinkedIn or Facebook) and introduce yourself telling them you are willing to volunteer. Once people know you and see your selfless nature, they will be happy to recommend you to jobs.

I wish you the best in your search. I’m so happy about the power of not needing sponsorship- it’s sweet eh! grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 5:29am On Apr 07, 2018
tayeby78:
Hi,

My hubby and I live in Manchester so holla if you need anything. Church contacts or where to get food stuffs or even work.

Good luck

Aren’t you a beautiful soul! Thanks love. When I need some special food stuff, I would holla. Bless you!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by CAT22: 7:35pm On Apr 07, 2018
Aphrodite007:

My dear, at least you’re even seeing the job to apply to grin, like when I got back to Nigeria, it was just 3 job opportunities I saw to apply to sef grin.

So just be patient. Don’t rush. If you want money ASAP, apply to care and retail but if you want to follow your profession, a tip can be to reach out to your professional group in the UK (on LinkedIn or Facebook) and introduce yourself telling them you are willing to volunteer. Once people know you and see your selfless nature, they will be happy to recommend you to jobs.

I wish you the best in your search. I’m so happy about the power of not needing sponsorship- it’s sweet eh! grin
Oh really? I’ll try the volunteer tingy then. Thanks a great deal
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ricki: 6:36am On Apr 09, 2018
Klemjo:
My wife and I found this thread

APPLICATION FORMS
• VAF4A
• Appendix 2

IELTS RESULT

APPLICANT’S DOCUMENTS
• Passport photographs (2)
• International Passport - previous and recent (copies)
• Applicant’s Support letter
• UK Visa refusal letter - 2011

SPONSOR`S NON-FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS
• Passport phototograph (1)
• British passport bio-data page
• Sponsor`s Support letter

RELATIONSHIP DOCUMENTS
• Marriage Certificate
• Wedding Invitation

Why Applicant’s Support letter and Sponsor letter??
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Tunde0: 8:22am On Apr 09, 2018
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 7:21pm On Apr 09, 2018
Tunde0:
Hello all

I just wanted to confirm this is the right address before my wife send the supporting documents.

UK Visas and Immigration, International
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
United Kingdom
S3 8WA

Yeah! Good luck!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 7:26pm On Apr 09, 2018
LexusGs430 darling grin

I need your help o! grin

Seeing as my husband is a brit, can I travel to any country:
(1). on my own for conferences?
(2.) with him for holidays?
(3.) within Europe (without visas)?
(4.) outside Europe?

As in, will it be easier now, or will I still have to suffer the stigma of being Nigerian?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by romeoandjuliet: 7:57pm On Apr 09, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Yeah! Good luck!
you can travel with your hubby to Europe and without visa but I will advice you get a visa as is free and easy just to be on a safe side and you can travel on your own without any restrictions. Cheers. Greetings to our big boss LEXUSGS430.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deji2009(m): 9:24pm On Apr 09, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Yeah! Good luck!

DHL or parcelforce to send docs to Sheffield PO Box address ?

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 11:55pm On Apr 09, 2018
romeoandjuliet:
you can travel with your hubby to Europe and without visa but I will advice you get a visa as is free and easy just to be on a safe side and you can travel on your own without any restrictions. Cheers. Greetings to our big boss LEXUSGS430.

Wow! shocked I feel like a toddler in candy land grin

Cheers boss!

Wait so, when I apply, I just indicate that I’m the wife of a brit? Is that it? cos I haven’t been here long enough to become a permanent resident o.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 11:58pm On Apr 09, 2018
deji2009:

DHL or parcelforce to send docs to Sheffield PO Box address ?

Thanks

I think he used RM (Royal Mail first class). You can use dhl if you want.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:54am On Apr 10, 2018
Aphrodite007:
LexusGs430 darling grin

I need your help o! grin

Seeing as my husband is a brit, can I travel to any country:
(1). on my own for conferences?
(2.) with him for holidays?
(3.) within Europe (without visas)?
(4.) outside Europe?

As in, will it be easier now, or will I still have to suffer the stigma of being Nigerian?

What is a darling without powered pap? grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:56am On Apr 10, 2018
romeoandjuliet:

That moment Romeo finds his Juliet....... Magana yakare....

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.