Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1034822 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 3:35pm On Apr 12, 2018
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 3:35pm On Apr 12, 2018
Lexusgs430:

When you put it like this 'akamu'.... It sounds local.... Let's talk Britico swag and rather use ' powdered pap'......... innit?

grin grin “innit”!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Tunde0: 5:14pm On Apr 13, 2018
Good evening all

I just want to know how long people are waiting for priority.

My people in the house please pray for me to get good news soon.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by foxyvisa: 6:18pm On Apr 13, 2018
SomD:
Hello everyone. Please a TB certificate that shows abnormal chest xray but no signs of Tb detected, no referall letter issued or sputum test done. Is this acceptable? The interpretation of the result is that the spine is a bit curved but can’t be treated as it poses no threat and even if it were to be corrected, it should be done as a child but not now as an adult because bones have now calcified. Can anyone clarify for me if this certificate is okay. Pic attached.

Concerning your TB result, you have nothing to worry about as to whether you have TB or not. You are completely negative. The certificate is accepted at point of entry in Uk and also for jobs that request for proof of TB immunity. As mentioned, some people have posture problem. Slouching, tilting which shows in a chest scan. On arrival to UK, you can submit the certificate to your GP and if you are worried about correcting your posture, they will give you the available options. Mainly surgery. I hope this helps.
N/B: Lot of adults have bad postures. You are not alone.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oridiya: 8:12pm On Apr 13, 2018
good evening all... My wise ones I need your help. My child only has an American passport. I am in Nigerian but UK at the moment. He is applying to join me. Does he need a Nigerian passport? Can he apply with the US passport.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:40am On Apr 14, 2018
Tunde0:
Good evening all

It's not about prayers, it's what you have submitted that gets the nod or rejection........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:42am On Apr 14, 2018
Oridiya:
good evening all... My wise ones I need your help. My child only has an American passport. I am in Nigerian but UK at the moment. He is applying to join me. Does he need a Nigerian passport? Can he apply with the US passport.

How old is he? Which country is he currently resident?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Joyce27: 10:02am On Apr 15, 2018
Good morning all. am about to apply for a spouse visa to join my wife next mouth, but at the moment i only have 4 months pay slips, i understand that am supposed to have 6 months pay slips, but is it desame since my wife is going to be my sponsor? Any advice will be appreciate
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Whitnified: 2:51pm On Apr 15, 2018
Joyce27:
Good morning all. am about to apply for a spouse visa to join my wife next mouth, but at the moment i only have 4 months pay slips, i understand that am supposed to have 6 months pay slips, but is it desame since my wife is going to be my sponsor? Any advice will be appreciate

You apply only after 6 months of payslips and corresponding bank statements (FULL 6 MONTHS). They won’t accept Just 4 months of payslips.

It is the same even if your wife is your sponsor...rule states minimum 6 months
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Whitnified: 2:52pm On Apr 15, 2018
Tunde0:
Good evening all

I waited 36 working days to get passport ready for collection email. Priority from Lagos ikeja
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Tunde0: 4:51pm On Apr 15, 2018
Whitnified:

I waited 36 working days to get passport ready for collection email. Priority from Lagos ikeja

That was not too bad
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 4:56pm On Apr 15, 2018
Joyce27:

You don't need to worry about payslip since your wife is the sponsor. If she meets the financial requirement then nothing regarding finance is expected from you

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 4:58pm On Apr 15, 2018
Whitnified:

You apply only after 6 months of payslips and corresponding bank statements (FULL 6 MONTHS). They won’t accept Just 4 months of payslips.

It is the same even if your wife is your sponsor...rule states minimum 6 months

Please can you point out the section of the rule where that is mentioned.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Whitnified: 7:39pm On Apr 15, 2018
justwise:
[/b]

Please can you point out the section of the rule where that is mentioned.
My misunderstanding...thought he was referring to his wife/sponsor payslip.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:41pm On Apr 15, 2018
Whitnified:

My misunderstanding...thought he was referring to his wife/sponsor payslip.

Ok no problem.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 1:21am On Apr 16, 2018
Kakushia2:
Hi All,

I'm about to apply for a spouse visa in the UK in the coming weeks. I have been with my husband since last October, we met while I was studying my masters in London. In February my visa expired and I returned to Nigeria. Shortly after getting back we decided to marry, which we did on March 31st and I am now pregnant.

So we're just preparing to apply for my spouse visa.

Financially, my husband has just started a new job. He is on a government contract earning £275 per day so earns more than enough for the requirements and he has payslips from the last 7 years if need be, every year having earned over the required £18,600.

In terms of accommodation, he is renting a room in a house share currently. However, we plan to cohabit in his parents house which easily has enough room to accommodate us. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I'm just looking for a bit of advice regarding our visa situation.

Also, would anyone recommend disclosing my state of pregnancy or choosing to keep quiet about this?

Thank You
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:40am On Apr 16, 2018
[quote author=Kakushia2 post=66745961][/quote]

Some things that bring out the curiosity part of me...... If he is earning £275.00 per day, why is he renting just one room?

Does your husband do his self assessment or is he on PAYE? Your husband must be in continuous employment for 6 months, prior to applying (but your answer might have a different segway)......

His parents accommodation you intend to use for the spousal visa application, how massive is this accommodation? How many occupants are presently residing in this accommodation?

You would have to declare your pregnancy on your application. Let's assume you refuse to declare your pregnancy, and your visa is granted after you give birth, are you intending to leave baby behind?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 8:46am On Apr 16, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Some things that bring out the curiosity part of me...... If he is earning £275.00 per day, why is he renting just one room?

Does your husband do his self assessment or is he on PAYE? Your husband must be in continuous employment for 6 months, prior to applying (but your answer might have a different segway)......

His parents accommodation you intend to use for the spousal visa application, how massive is this accommodation? How many occupants are presently residing in this accommodation?

You would have to declare your pregnancy on your application. Let's assume you refuse to declare your pregnancy, and your visa is granted after you give birth, are you intending to leave baby behind?

Hi Lexus,

As to your first point/ curiosity lol. He literally just got this job that pays 275. He has not even collected his first salary yet..Hence, why he stays in just one room currently.

As to the 2nd point, the pay is within IR35, it’s like a law on tax. that means government contractors don’t do their tax self assessments. All my tax is paid before I get it. And on the visa requirement websites it says if you’ve not been in 6 months constant employment prior to applying they resort to your last 12 months of payslips if I’m correct. So he’s using his previous job payslips.

He was a soldier from July 2011 - October 2017, in August 2017 was employed by FDM group as his army service was finishing. and This April, he became a joint director of a PLC.

As to your third point, his parents house is a 4 bedroom flat, 3 peope are staying in it and obviously 2 are sharing one room. Therefore 2 rooms are available for us. And of course, a tenancy agreement will be drawn as he will be paying rent in his parent’s house.

I agree with you on your last point but I’m hoping I am granted visa before I give birth. Lol.

Thank you Lexus
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:59am On Apr 16, 2018
Kakushia2:

Hi Lexus,

As to your first point/ curiosity lol. He literally just got this job that pays 275. He has not even collected his first salary yet..Hence, why he stays in just one room currently.

As to the 2nd point, the pay is within IR35, it’s like a law on tax. that means government contractors don’t do their tax self assessments. All my tax is paid before I get it. And on the visa requirement websites it says if you’ve not been in 6 months constant employment prior to applying they resort to your last 12 months of payslips if I’m correct. So he’s using his previous job payslips.

He was a soldier from July 2011 - October 2017, in August 2017 was employed by FDM group as his army service was finishing. and This April, he became a joint director of a PLC.

As to your third point, his parents house is a 4 bedroom flat, 3 peope are staying in it and obviously 2 are sharing one room. Therefore 2 rooms are available for us. And of course, a tenancy agreement will be drawn as he will be paying rent in his parent’s house.

I agree with you on your last point but I’m hoping I am granted visa before I give birth. Lol.

Thank you Lexus

If he is self assessing his taxation, it's a completely different kettle of fish. The requirements for PAYE & SELF ASSESSMENT, is as different as a pigeon vs eagle....

Regarding his parents accommodation, you would require a home inspection report (and also tell the inspectors a new child too would be residing with you).......

Regarding your last point, you must declare your pregnancy on the application. A previous applicant on this thread, was denied entry at London Heathrow because she did not declare her pregnancy.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 9:53am On Apr 16, 2018
Lexusgs430:

If he is self assessing his taxation, it's a completely different kettle of fish. The requirements for PAYE & SELF ASSESSMENT, is as different as a pigeon vs eagle....

Regarding his parents accommodation, you would require a home inspection report (and also tell the inspectors a new child too would be residing with you).......

Regarding your last point, you must declare your pregnancy on the application. A previous applicant on this thread, was denied entry at London Heathrow because she did not declare her pregnancy.......

Thanks for your kind and wise advice Lexus..

I will get back to you on the first point. Pretty sure he’s not self assessing his tax.

Would I include this inspection report in my application?
Then some things I will kindly seek your advice o,
1. When is ideal to do my TB test? I intend to do s priority settlement-wife visa.
2. Do I have to update my passport to reflect his surname? Already applied tho, just need your advice.
3. I did my masters in a reputable London university, do I need this NARIC certificate?? The requirements on that is a bit tricky.. thought if one had a Nigerian certificate, then the NARIC certificate comes to play but it says one must prove either with such certificate.

Thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:59am On Apr 16, 2018
Kakushia2:

Thanks for your kind and wise advice Lexus..

I will get back to you on the first point. Pretty sure he’s not self assessing his tax.

Would I include this inspection report in my application?
Then some things I will kindly seek your advice o,
1. When is ideal to do my TB test? I intend to do s priority settlement-wife visa.
2. Do I have to update my passport to reflect his surname? Already applied tho, just need your advice.
3. I did my masters in a reputable London university, do I need this NARIC certificate?? The requirements on that is a bit tricky.. thought if one had a Nigerian certificate, then the NARIC certificate comes to play but it says one must prove either with such certificate.

Thank you.

If he is on IR35, he is self assessing his taxation..... You do not need to change your name on your passport..... NARIC is not required, but ensure your London University certificates are glowing and you type your UK qualifications properly on the application form......

I think the TB certificate is valid for 6 months or so. Ensure you declare your pregnancy during the TB test......

The house inspection report must be submitted to Sheffield, with other application documentations.........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 10:19am On Apr 16, 2018
Lexusgs430:

If he is on IR35, he is self assessing his taxation..... You do not need to change your name on your passport..... NARIC is not required, but ensure your London University certificates are glowing and you type your UK qualifications properly on the application form......

I think the TB certificate is valid for 6 months or so. Ensure you declare your pregnancy during the TB test......

The house inspection report must be submitted to Sheffield, with other application documentations.........

Thanks Lexus... your response are so quick and concise! Thank you.
Kinda new to this forum so still learning how to work my way around it but I believe I have attached a document on English test requirements. If you see the last bit, it says ‘you will need a certificate from UK NARIC confirming this when you apply’ you still think I shouldn’t bother applying for this?

Cheers

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:22am On Apr 16, 2018
Kakushia2:

Thanks Lexus... your response are so quick and concise! Thank you.
Kinda new to this forum so still learning how to work my way around it but I believe I have attached a document on English test requirements. If you see the last bit, it says ‘you will need a certificate from UK NARIC confirming this when you apply’ you still think I shouldn’t bother applying for this?

Cheers

If you have an Msc from a UK University, NARIC is NOT required......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 12:08pm On Apr 16, 2018
Lexusgs430:

If you have an Msc from a UK University, NARIC is NOT required......

Thank you Lexus! That now out of the way! Phew!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 5:16pm On Apr 16, 2018
Hi Lexus, sorry another question.

Can I just establish, are you saying we need a home inspection for cohabiting at my husbands parents home specifically because we’re having a baby?

Many Thanks!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:25pm On Apr 16, 2018
Kakushia2:
Hi Lexus, sorry another question.

Can I just establish, are you saying we need a home inspection for cohabiting at my husbands parents home specifically because we’re having a baby?

Many Thanks!

I am saying because the property is already occupied by others, a quick search on voters register/banking database/insurance bureau etc etc, would highlight present occupants against the type of accommodation ....

If any hint of overcrowding is picked, your application would be rejected due to unsuitable accommodation. The property inspection report clears that grey area......

What do you mean by 'can I just establish'?

If the property inspection report states that the property can suitably accommodate one extra person, where do you place your baby? Don't forget you are/must declare your pregnancy on application........

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 2:16pm On Apr 17, 2018
Kakushia2:

Hi dear. The guru is already answering your questions, so hope you don’t mind me asking you questions.

I would like to know more about the FDM group. I literally have their page open on my laptop, as my last resort to finding experienced jobs (employers seem to want 4 year’s experience and I have just about two years so it seems applying for a graduate position might be my escape).

Anyway, can I get more info about FDM? They say their training spans between 8-14weeks, was this true for your husband? I’m sceptical about it applying because the closest training centre to me is Birmingham which is almost two hours away (can’t be traveling to Bmgham every day), and I don’t want to live away from hubby for two months cry.. I just need to speak to someone that has had the experience before I commit... it’s beyond me why they aren’t in Manchester or Liverpool!

So if you know what he went through, please enlighten me. Thank you o

Apologies for detailing the tread but this knowledge will be useful for prospective employees who want professional work.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phardey: 3:15pm On Apr 17, 2018
Hi Sis,

I know its probably not my business but I have to say this.
Please do not try to register for that training.

After the training, they will begin to pay you stipends, make you long hours as a contractor for companies that if the company hire you.
If you try to leave they will give you a bill for the cost of training which can be upto £25,000. Its basically modern day slavery

Its better to register at agencies and keep applying for jobs.
no one really has experience. Watch videos on youtube to help enhance your knowledge of your are of speciality

Read FDM reviews on-line
https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/FDM-Group-unpaid-training-Reviews-EI_IE234827.0,9_KH10,25.htm
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2143670

Aphrodite007:

Hi dear. The guru is already answering your questions, so hope you don’t mind me asking you questions.

I would like to know more about the FDM group. I literally have their page open on my laptop, as my last resort to finding experienced jobs (employers seem to want 4 year’s experience and I have just about two years so it seems applying for a graduate position might be my escape).

Anyway, can I get more info about FDM? They say their training spans between 8-14weeks, was this true for your husband? I’m sceptical about it applying because the closest training centre to me is Birmingham which is almost two hours away (can’t be traveling to Bmgham every day), and I don’t want to live away from hubby for two months cry.. I just need to speak to someone that has had the experience before I commit... it’s beyond me why they aren’t in Manchester or Liverpool!

So if you know what he went through, please enlighten me. Thank you o

Apologies for detailing the tread but this knowledge will be useful for prospective employees who want professional work.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ibkbosson: 5:09pm On Apr 17, 2018
[quote author=Kakushia2 post=66745961][/quote]
Hey!!!
I applied last year May when I was 3 months pregnant. It's important you tell them you are pregnant � because it solidifies your relationship as a genuine relationship. Include evidence of telling your husband you are pregnant. Scans,pregnancy test report and scan results. Goodluck
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 7:49pm On Apr 17, 2018
phardey:
Hi Sis,

I know its probably not my business but I have to say this.
Please do not try to register for that training.

After the training, they will begin to pay you stipends, make you long hours as a contractor for companies that if the company hire you.
If you try to leave they will give you a bill for the cost of training which can be upto £25,000. Its basically modern day slavery

Its better to register at agencies and keep applying for jobs.
no one really has experience. Watch videos on youtube to help enhance your knowledge of your are of speciality

Read FDM reviews on-line
https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/FDM-Group-unpaid-training-Reviews-EI_IE234827.0,9_KH10,25.htm
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2143670

Wow! Thanks a lot for this info! You’ve been very helpful! I actually watch vids and all on YouTube and have read a lot of books and all. The issue is that no matter the amount I know, it won’t magically increase my years on my CV grin.

Since you know so much about work, what do you know about becoming a contractor? And what’s an agency?

Last last, I might just consider moving from where I live, Cos it’s like living in Taraba state and wanting to work in an oil company, when there’s no even small river to Taraba to suck out oil from grin.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Sholeola23: 8:37pm On Apr 17, 2018
Just want to know after being refused under section 320 (11) with aggravating circumstance.

I now have a british child but wife on mertanity leave

She earns 27.5k.

Have appealed the decision.

Should i apply again. Or just stick with appeal?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:50pm On Apr 17, 2018
Sholeola23:
Just want to know after being refused under section 320 (11) with aggravating circumstance.

I now have a british child but wife on mertanity leave

She earns 27.5k.

Have appealed the decision.

Should i apply again. Or just stick with appeal?

Oga, I understand the desperation to want to return to your Family........

We seem to be going 360° on this matter. You can choose to do either........ (at an additional cost for reapplying)....

What are your chances of a positive outcome, without any fresh documentation(s)? In my humble opinion.... It would be the same as your previous application.........

With the appeal, your wife can attend with legal representation + child (wife would be crying, while she is crying, she is also pinching baby to cry).....

She might just touch the soft spot of the adjudicator......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.