Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1037449 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bourne007(m): 8:37pm On Apr 20, 2018
Form is completely different from the financial guidelines. Google Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_Final and you will find your answer there smiley

Kakushia2:

Hi thanks for the reply. But looking at the online application form which I believe is where you got your info from (I have attached to this quote), it only states self employed. Can’t see ... or director of a limited company..

Can you help me explain further how you got this? I’m kinda confuse..

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bourne007(m): 8:39pm On Apr 20, 2018
Any chance you can share this here or do I need to receive via email also? Cheers

Lexusgs430:

The documentations you are expected to submit is very different from a worker on PAYE ........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Msmerciee: 9:07pm On Apr 20, 2018
Hello House,

My question is concerning my spouse visa application.My husband submitted the documents to shelfield on the 24th of February 2018 with the correct address and a return envelope and up till now I haven’t gotten an email from them confirming that my documents have been received. The only email I remember getting is when I submitted my passport in Ikeja.Please should I be worried Is this normal??

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:04pm On Apr 20, 2018
Bourne007:
Any chance you can share this here or do I need to receive via email also? Cheers

Did not want to repost the full list, as its already been posted numerously on this thread.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:06pm On Apr 20, 2018
Msmerciee:
Hello House,

My question is concerning my spouse visa application.My husband submitted the documents to shelfield on the 24th of February 2018 with the correct address and a return envelope and up till now I haven’t gotten an email from them confirming that my documents have been received. The only email I remember getting is when I submitted my passport in Ikeja.Please should I be worried Is this normal??

Thanks

Did he send it recorded delivery or other courier services?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:27pm On Apr 20, 2018
Bourne007:

Do you have lecture handouts? If you do, refer back to lecture page section 226(27).............
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 11:41pm On Apr 20, 2018
Bourne007:
Form is completely different from the financial guidelines. Google Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_Final and you will find your answer there smiley

Oh seen! Thank you so much ��
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Msmerciee: 11:14am On Apr 21, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Did he send it recorded delivery or other courier services?

Courier service
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:15am On Apr 21, 2018
Msmerciee:

Courier service

Has he called them to confirm delivery and delivery notes ?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Msmerciee: 11:20pm On Apr 21, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Has he called them to confirm delivery and delivery notes ?
Pls can you paste the no here?

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:40am On Apr 22, 2018
Msmerciee:

Pls can you paste the no here?

Thanks

I would not know the courier company he used...... I might be a wizard, but my jazz neva reach that stage.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Msmerciee: 2:56pm On Apr 22, 2018
Lexusgs430:

I would not know the courier company he used...... I might be a wizard, but my jazz neva reach that stage.....

Loool I was thinking you were talking about UKVI. I will tell my husband to check with the delivery company. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 3:22pm On Apr 23, 2018
Kakushia2:

Hey, this is Kakushia2’s husband.

WARNING, swerve FDM group. I joined them straight from the army for fear I couldn’t find any other employment. They basically give you usually 9 weeks of training, which they self assess to be worth up to £20k and then make you sign a training agreement promising to pay it if you leave within 2 years. Not to mention the training is dog shit and you get just one professionally recognised qualification worth about £140.

Then they get you a contract on client site, they will make you sign a contract agreeing to be “geoflexible” so will send you anywhere in the country they please. Then the client will usually pay £260 day rate for you, however FDM only give you about 40% of that money.

They are exploitative and bullying.

I’m free of them now thank god.

This is why I love nairaland.. you both don’t how how many lives you’ve saved. I already told a lot of my friends to apply, so now I have to tell them to abort the mission grin

God bless you plenty! Wish you guys the best in your endeavours.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MG2801: 8:43pm On Apr 23, 2018
Hi, what are people’s experiences with Lagos Ikeja tls office? I’m asking as I called UKVI today to enquire about my friend’s application and the lady over the phone informed me decision has be made and sounded very surprised that we hadn’t yet received it. We’re deeply worried about this as she’s paid for courier so don’t know how long we’re expected to wait before receiving the passport.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Patrickoo7: 3:08am On Apr 24, 2018
Hello Admin, I have just been refused on my application for a uk settlement visa on the grounds that I provided scanned copies and not the original copies of my wife's payslips, I was deemed eligible for every other requirements, relationship, English and others..

My passport was returned along with the refusal letter, am supposed to follow this link https://www.gov.uk/immigration-asylum-tribunal/appeal-from-outside-the-uk to start the appeal process as stated in the refusal letter, however after following link am not sure of what to click at this point.

Also I understand following a successful application, the supporting documents are sent back to the spouse in UK, but my wife hasn't received anything, is this normal in a refusal case like mine, thanks for your much anticipated response. Patrick24u2001@yahoo.com

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:47am On Apr 24, 2018
Patrickoo7:
Hello Admin, I have just been refused on my application for a uk settlement visa on the grounds that I provided scanned copies and not the original copies of my wife's payslips, I was deemed eligible for every other requirements, relationship, English and others..

My passport was returned along with the refusal letter, am supposed to follow this link https://www.gov.uk/immigration-asylum-tribunal/appeal-from-outside-the-uk to start the appeal process as stated in the refusal letter, however after following link am not sure of what to click at this point.

Also I understand following a successful application, the supporting documents are sent back to the spouse in UK, but my wife hasn't received anything, is this normal in a refusal case like mine, thanks for your much anticipated response. Patrick24u2001@yahoo.com

And why did you submit photocopies? If you throughly went through this thread, you would know the photocopies and laminated documents are a NO NO....

Your wives documents would be returned to her soonest.

Now you have 2 options - Appeal (22 months wait) or re application (pay all over again (but IHS payment is usually refunded)......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Patrickoo7: 8:44am On Apr 24, 2018
Lexusgs430:

And why did you submit photocopies? If you throughly went through this thread, you would know the photocopies and laminated documents are a NO NO....

Your wives documents would be returned to her soonest.

Now you have 2 options - Appeal (22 months wait) or re application (pay all over again (but IHS payment is usually refunded)......

Really 22months, the application was a priority application, does that not count for something at all, all that money gone like that?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bourne007(m): 8:53am On Apr 24, 2018
You no know say UKVI dey hustle too grin grin grin

Patrickoo7:

Really 22months, the application was a priority application, does that not count for something at all, all that money gone like that?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Patrickoo7: 9:44am On Apr 24, 2018
Bourne007:
You no know say UKVI dey hustle too grin grin grin

Guy this no be laughing matter, my wife has been crying, since I gave her the news, we re both exhausted financially, if I am doing a new application, can I still do a priority one?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bourne007(m): 1:24pm On Apr 24, 2018
No vex baba ... I know how it feels

I think you can. You just need to state clearly why you were denied and that you have now attached the original documents.

Patrickoo7:

Guy this no be laughing matter, my wife has been crying, since I gave her the news, we re both exhausted financially, if I am doing a new application, can I still do a priority one?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:16am On Apr 26, 2018
Patrickoo7:

In UKBA's policy statement, it states that once initially denied a visa, you cannot use priority application again.

But on this forum, we have known people that used priority application, after an initial rejection. And spousal visa was still issued..

On this forum too, we have seen in the past of an applicant that got refused, they put in an appeal. After the appeal was lodged, UKBA advised them to withdraw the appeal (in less than a month). And the visa was granted (simply because UKBA also realised that their rejection was very flimsy).

So all the above options are open to you. Your choice and pocket to decide......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tom5678: 8:15am On Apr 26, 2018
Hello house,
please this is very urgent, I submitted my application at the UK office at VI on Tuesday and also did my biometrics, I applied for a tier2 dependent visa of which my husband is the sponsor, the kind of visa I applied for is usually called Tier2 PBS or categorized under work visa l, but when I got to the office, I was told all my original documents which I brought that were not in A4 paper size should be photocopied to that size e.g my marriage certificate and our wedding pictures, I later got an email from TLScontact asking me to create an account, which I did and when I logged in, I realized I was registered on their website for visitors visa less than 6 months and that wasn't what I applied for, and i dont want to get refused due to their mistake,please what can I do? I don't want to get refused,and would I still need to post the original documents to UKVI? Please I need your help before it's too late. Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by caramel13: 11:42am On Apr 26, 2018
tom5678:
Hello house,
please this is very urgent, I submitted my application at the UK office at VI on Tuesday and also did my biometrics, I applied for a tier2 dependent visa of which my husband is the sponsor, the kind of visa I applied for is usually called Tier2 PBS or categorized under work visa l, but when I got to the office, I was told all my original documents which I brought that were not in A4 paper size should be photocopied to that size e.g my marriage certificate and our wedding pictures, I later got an email from TLScontact asking me to create an account, which I did and when I logged in, I realized I was registered on their website for visitors visa less than 6 months and that wasn't what I applied for, and i dont want to get refused due to their mistake,please what can I do? I don't want to get refused,and would I still need to post the original documents to UKVI? Please I need your help before it's too late. Thank you

Hi, i am about applying for mine too. I am shocked that you were asked to get A4 copies of your wedding pictures
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tom5678: 11:52am On Apr 26, 2018
caramel13:

Hi, i am about applying for mine too. I am shocked that you were asked to get A4 copies of your wedding pictures
I was too, I was told all the documents have to be in A4 size to be scanned
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 12:21pm On Apr 26, 2018
Hello everyone, time for me to say a big thank you to the Group for all the support with no recourse to public funds (lol). But sincerely you guys provide a great support system here and we (definitely I) do not take it for granted.

So the twist to my application is that:
- I have been in and out of England for a couple of years, on Tier 4 Visa and multiple visit visas
- But my wife and I got married in England while I was on my current multiple visit visa because we did not know it is not allowed.
- But when we gave notice at the registry, our details were sent to Home Office
- We got a letter from UKBA about an ongoing investigation into our proposed marriage
- A few months later, we got another letter saying we could go ahead with the marriage
- We got married in January 2018 in England.
- During the spousal visa application process, found out about the Do not marry on visit visa clause and that made me worried that this might affect the visa application

But below is the Timeline for my Settlement (Husband) Visa Application:

Online Application Submitted: 22/02/2018 Priority
Biometric Taken: 26/02/2018
Doc Sent: 08/03/2018
Confirmation of delivery to Sheffield POBox through Royal Mail Special Delivery: 09/03/2018
Generic email from VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk: 17/03/2018
Called to check if supporting documents were received but not meaningful response: 13/04/2018
No email from UKBA at all
No Calls to sponsor or sponsor's employer (well not that we know of)
Passport collection email: 25/04/2018
Passport collected with visa: 26/04/2018 (30 working days from receipt of the document in Sheffield excluding Easter Holiday)
Settlement (Husband) Visa Successful.

I have attached the checklist of all the documents we submitted and how we arranged it. Please note that this is a personal preference, this arrangement, and documents submitted are based on our personal situation.

Thank you all once again. Nerve racking process, however with God and attention to detail it should be fine.
My take home is that the evidence of sponsor's financial capacity and proof of relationship are the key aspects to pay attention to.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mzbiddy01(f): 12:34pm On Apr 26, 2018
caramel13:

I applied for a tier 2 dependant visa in January and i just got my passport back after 70 working days. They only asked for photocopies of all my documents including wedding pictures. At the end of the bio metrics, they returned everything back to me.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:37pm On Apr 26, 2018
oxygyne:
Hello everyone, time for me to say a big thank you to the Group for all the support with no recourse to public funds (lol). But sincerely you guys provide a great suppot system here and we do not take it for granted.

So the twist to my application is that:
- I have been in and out of England for a couple of years, on Tier 4 Visa and multiple visit visas
- But my wife and I got married in England while I was on my current multiple visit visa because we did not know it is not allowed.
- But when we gave notice at the registry, our details were sent to Home Office
- We got a letter from UKBA about an ongoing investigation into our proposed marriage
- Few months later, we got another letter saying we could go ahead with the marriage
- We got married in January 2018 in England.
- I was worried this might affect the visa application

So here is the Timeline for my Settlement (Husband) Visa Application:

Online Application Submitted: 22/02/2018 Priority
Biometric Taken: 26/02/2018
Doc Sent: 08/03/2018
Confirmation of delivery to Sheffield POBox through Royal Mail Special Delivery: 09/03/2018
Generic email from VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk: 17/03/2018
Called to check if supporting documents were received but not meaningful response: 13/04/2018
No email from UKBA at all
No Calls to sponsor or sponsor's employer (well not that we know of)
Passport collection email: 25/04/2018
Passport collected with visa: 26/04/2018 (30 working days from receipt of document in Sheffield excluding Easter Holiday)
Settlement (Husband) Visa Successful.

I have attached the checklist of all the documents we submitted and how we arranged it. Please note that this is a personal preference, this arrangment and documents is based on our situation.

Thank you all once again.

Congratulations........

NB: We demand our recourse to private funds..... 40% payable in £ or bitcoins.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tom5678: 12:50pm On Apr 26, 2018
mzbiddy01:

I applied for a tier 2 dependant visa in January and i just got my passport back after 70 working days. They only asked for photocopies of all my documents including wedding pictures. At the end of the bio metrics, they returned everything back to me.
sorry to bother you please, did you have to send any supporting document to Sheffield? and was the visa granted.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tom5678: 12:52pm On Apr 26, 2018
mzapplication:
Sorry o. I have come again.

I have done much more investigation. Spent about 30 mins on the phone with these UK visa people.

It appears that this is not the thread for Tier 2 PBS Dependant visa. This is a thread for settlement. Whih is a beast.

Apparently PBS is much more straightforward, takes 15 days, and there is no document to submit other than the Maintenance document (and other standard docs).

LexusG and justwise can you please confirm?

please can I have the contact number
I'm in dilemma right now
I submitted my application at the UK office at VI on Tuesday and also did my biometrics, I applied for a tier2 dependent visa of which my husband is the sponsor, the kind of visa I applied for is usually called Tier2 PBS or categorized under work visa l, but when I got to the office, I was told all my original documents which I brought that were not in A4 paper size should be photocopied to that size e.g my marriage certificate and our wedding pictures, I later got an email from TLScontact asking me to create an account, which I did and when I logged in, I realized I was registered on their website for visitors visa less than 6 months and that wasn't what I applied for, and i dont want to get refused due to their mistake,please what can I do? I don't want to get refused,and would I still need to post the original documents to UKVI? Please I need your help before it's too late. Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 12:56pm On Apr 26, 2018
tom5678:

please can I have the contact number
I'm in dilemma right now
I submitted my application at the UK office at VI on Tuesday and also did my biometrics, I applied for a tier2 dependent visa of which my husband is the sponsor, the kind of visa I applied for is usually called Tier2 PBS or categorized under work visa l, but when I got to the office, I was told all my original documents which I brought that were not in A4 paper size should be photocopied to that size e.g my marriage certificate and our wedding pictures, I later got an email from TLScontact asking me to create an account, which I did and when I logged in, I realized I was registered on their website for visitors visa less than 6 months and that wasn't what I applied for, and i dont want to get refused due to their mistake,please what can I do? I don't want to get refused,and would I still need to post the original documents to UKVI? Please I need your help before it's too late. Thank you

I might be wrong but I do think the TLScontact site is just for tracking of your application in Nigeria. I do not think any information about your visa type will affect your application. You filled out your application on UKBA portal and you picked the correct application type, yes?
Check you application form, if it has the correct information then I wont be borthered much about TLS site but I will let others respond as well.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tom5678: 1:00pm On Apr 26, 2018
oxygyne:

I might be wrong but I do think the TLScontact site is just for tracking of your application in Nigeria. I do not think any information about your visa type will affect your application. You filled out your application on UKBA portal and you picked the correct application type, yes?
Check you application form, if it has the correct information then I wont be borthered much about TLS site but I will let others respond as well.
Yes I picked the correct visa type on my application form, but would I need to send original supporting document s to Sheffield? since they were returned to me. Thank you very much
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 1:01pm On Apr 26, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Congratulations........

NB: We demand our recourse to private funds..... 40% payable in £ or bitcoins.....

Thanks so much for your support, bitcoins should be fine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.