Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1035148 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:28pm On Apr 30, 2018
Benuromi:
Yes, you can apply without council tax because some people live in a shared house and their rent include all other bill. When I applied for my wife spouse visa, I only use, tenancy agreement, letter from the landlord and house inspection certificate or letter. I only used council tax receipts now because I applied for her spouse visa extension.

Aphrodite007:

Yes I did. I only used tenancy agreement, letter from agency and letter from his housemate.

Ok, thought as much though I wasn't sure if that's possible.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benuromi: 11:53pm On Apr 30, 2018
I only clarified on how to make the payslip valid.

Aphrodite007:

Wait, I thought the sponsor is meant to have sustained one job for 6 months, so if he doesn’t work for the army anymore, will the application succeed?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Divine88: 5:49pm On May 01, 2018
Hi guys, how long does it take to get a decision email. I did biometrics on the 22nd March, documents has been sent back to my spouse since last Friday.
No decision email, no collection email yet. Called ukvi, we were told decision has been made last week.
Anyone with similar experience please?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 5:50pm On May 01, 2018
Congratulations. I’m happy for you. Can’t wait to share my testimony too.

Quick question please, how did you come about the 55 working days that you counted? I counted for you (starting from 9th Feb that you submitted your docs), and I got 51 working days. Please enlighten me. Thanks

Jiya1:
I have bn a silent follower.
But here’s my spouse visa(Standard) timeline:
Online Submission: 29th January 2018
Bio-2nd Feb
Documents sent:9th Feb
Decision made:23rd April(55working days)
Passport ready for collection:25th April
Passport collected with visa: 27th April
I can’t really use words to express how excited I am atm...knowing fully well this is my 4th application(2visit and 2 spouse app)
I’m grateful to God.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 5:57pm On May 01, 2018
Divine88:
Hi guys, how long does it take to get a decision email. I did biometrics on the 22nd March, documents has been sent back to my spouse since last Friday.
No decision email, no collection email yet. Called ukvi, we were told decision has been made last week.
Anyone with similar experience please?

You should get an email this week after the holiday. Testimony Time!!

All the best.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Divine88: 6:08pm On May 01, 2018
oxygyne:

You should get an email this week after the holiday. Testimony Time!!

All the best.
Amen oo. Thank you boss
To be honest, I was even thinking about going to TLS office tomorrow just to satisfy my curiosity
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 8:52pm On May 01, 2018
Joyce27:
Thank you for your input. My wife decided to seek two lawyers advice in the Uk one of them said i don't need to show my pay slips since she will be sponsoring me and meets the requirements while the other one said i need to still have 6 months pay slips even if she is my sponsor. Just to be on the safe side we are going to wait and apply when my payslips complete.

Provided she earns more than £18600 and has worked with her employer for more than 5 months, your payslip is not needed. A lot of us here are successfully living with our British spouses and didnt include our payslips.

That being said, do what makes you feel comfy.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oxygyne(m): 9:37pm On May 01, 2018
Divine88:

Amen oo. Thank you boss
To be honest, I was even thinking about going to TLS office tomorrow just to satisfy my curiosity

I was going to suggest that but maybe wait till Thursday, if you haven't received an email by then.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:57am On May 02, 2018
MreSBee:

Quick question please, how did you come about the 55 working days that you counted? I counted for you (starting from 9th Feb that you submitted your docs), and I got 51 working days. Please enlighten me. Thanks

Let's not split hairs over a variation of only 4 days.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jiya1: 9:25pm On May 02, 2018
MreSBee:

Thank you. Your testimony is sure!
You start counting from the day you do ur bio not when you submit your documents.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Divine88: 4:31pm On May 03, 2018
Yesssssssssssssssssssssss
Visa was granted, o dear o dear. I want to say a special thank you to everyone who has ever commented on this thread. This thread was my fav nairaland thread for two years. January this year I started reading from comments from January 2015. Every details were noted and adhere to.

MY TIMELINE:

Visa type: Priority ( Husband)
Biometrics: 22/03/2018
Documents sent: 03/04/2018
Documents received email: NONE
Email application been prepared by ECO: 23/04/2018
Documents returned to my wife: 27/04/2018
Decision email: NONE
Decision Made: 26/04/2018
Made 3 calls and 2 emails to UKVI
Collection email: 02/05/2018

Scared initially cos they returned all the documents (original & photocopies)

Biometrics to decision: 23 working days(excluding holidays)

Biometrics to collection email: 26 working days (excluding holidays)

Thank you so much guys.

ADVISE: READ THIS THREAD THOROUGHLY

5 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Queenantia: 8:00pm On May 03, 2018
Gud evening house. Please my biometric appointment is for Wednesday ,plz Wat am I required to come along wit please housend. Tnx
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 9:47pm On May 03, 2018
congratulations.we will all rejoice too in Jesus name
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:23am On May 04, 2018
Divine88:
Visa was granted, o dear o dear. I want to say a special thank you to everyone who has ever commented on this thread. This thread was my fav nairaland thread for two years. January this year I started reading from comments from January 2015. Every details were noted and adhere to.

MY TIMELINE:

Thank you so much guys.

Congratulations....... Remember to send your tithe payments (bitcoins & £).....

NB : A little reminder, down memory lane.........

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Divine88: 11:31am On May 04, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Congratulations....... Remember to send your tithe payments (bitcoins & £).....

NB : A little reminder, down memory lane.........

Oga Lexus u be bad guy����. Everyone know you are the best, keep up the good work bro. ���
I go sure send am
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phatbaby1: 5:42pm On May 04, 2018
Hello everyone, congrats to all who have been receiving good news this year just like we did!

Who is currently in the Birmingham neck of the woods?

Has anyone applied for Schengen visa etc yet?

Enjoy the bank holiday heatwave
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phatbaby1: 5:48pm On May 04, 2018
I think you would be adding to your wait time by waiting for your payslips then adding to unnecessary paperwork that the caseworker doesn’t need to see. They need evidence that your sponsor can support you not that you have ties to your country and have been working hard. The wait for the visa can be excruciating especially if you don’t pay for priority. 60-90 working days is no joke and even though some people have received their visas at 50-60 working days, you should be trying to save as much time as possible. Also rather than spend money on asking various lawyers, find the tithe fund for Oga Lexus and co

Joyce27:
Thank you for your input. My wife decided to seek two lawyers advice in the Uk one of them said i don't need to show my pay slips since she will be sponsoring me and meets the requirements while the other one said i need to still have 6 months pay slips even if she is my sponsor. Just to be on the safe side we are going to wait and apply when my payslips complete.

If your wife is your sponsor and she earns more than £18600 you don’t need to show your payslips. If she earns less then you need your full 6 months, nothing less, to support her finances.

If your wife is your sponsor, she must have worked for her organisation for more than 6 months and have 6 months payslips.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Divine88: 6:27pm On May 04, 2018
phatbaby1:
I think you would be adding to your wait time by waiting for your payslips then adding to unnecessary paperwork that the caseworker doesn’t need to see. They need evidence that your sponsor can support you not that you have ties to your country and have been working hard. The wait for the visa can be excruciating especially if you don’t pay for priority. 60-90 working days is no joke and even though some people have received their visas at 50-60 working days, you should be trying to save as much time as possible. Also rather than spend money on asking various lawyers, find the tithe fund for Oga Lexus and co

Seconded, especially the tithe fund for oga Lexus and co
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:29pm On May 04, 2018
phatbaby1:

I thank you jare....... But you know people don't necessarily put a value on e - consultation or e - advice, when it comes free of charge...........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:30pm On May 04, 2018
Divine88:

Seconded, especially the tithe fund for oga Lexus and co

You tithe funds must arrive with divine blessings......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Roseonyeka: 10:50pm On May 04, 2018
Hello everyone, I am new here and still trying to catch up. My husband is an Eu citizen in the uk inviting me over. Please am I meant to take my documents to the embassy or the documents are meant to be sent To Sheffield? It looks like they are different procedures.
anticipating ur responses and contributions
Thanks �
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 4:06am On May 05, 2018
Amen. Thanks for the clarification
Jiya1:

Thank you. Your testimony is sure!
You start counting from the day you do ur bio not when you submit your documents.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:01am On May 05, 2018
Roseonyeka:
Hello everyone, I am new here and still trying to catch up. My husband is an Eu citizen in the uk inviting me over. Please am I meant to take my documents to the embassy or the documents are meant to be sent To Sheffield? It looks like they are different procedures.
anticipating ur responses and contributions
Thanks �

Are you legally married? Does he want you to join him? If he is in agreement, best to apply for a spousal visa. Does he have all the required documentations required?

Read through thread and familiarise yourself with all it takes.....

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bbken: 12:43am On May 06, 2018
Hello everyone...
It's been a very long time of waiting for appeal but I just want to announce that it ended in praise and I have my visa and ticket booked already.
It can only be God.
Good job guys.

Timeline Settlement Visa

Applied on 29 Dec 2015
Refused on 16 April 2016
Appealed on 28 April 2016
Hearing date on 17 August 2017( floating case and was never heard)
New hearing Date 5 January 2018
Decision letter from court 14 February 2018
Letter from Home office about visa and health surcharge payment 18 March 2018
Summited Passport 16 April 2018
Collected Visa 27 April 2018.
Book ticket✈� ���

Don't lose hope no matter the matter.
With God nothing is impossible.
I am a living testimony though my case was looking bad but God saw me through.
All the Best guys.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:16am On May 06, 2018
Bbken:
Hello everyone...
It's been a very long time of waiting for appeal but I just want to announce that it ended in praise and I have my visa and ticket booked already.
It can only be God.
Good job guys.

Timeline Settlement Visa

Applied on 29 Dec 2015
Refused on 16 April 2016
Appealed on 28 April 2016
Hearing date on 17 August 2017( floating case and was never heard)
New hearing Date 5 January 2018
Decision letter from court 14 February 2018
Letter from Home office about visa and health surcharge payment 18 March 2018
Summited Passport 16 April 2018
Collected Visa 27 April 2018.
Book ticket✈� ���

Don't lose hope no matter the matter.
With God nothing is impossible.
I am a living testimony though my case was looking bad but God saw me through.
All the Best guys.

It's not usually how long, but how well...... Goes to show that if you have the patience, but not the cash to reapply. Patience eventually WINS........

Congratulations........... Remember to pay your tithe (backdated for 3 years). In £ or bitcoins...........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Extremebeau: 2:24pm On May 06, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
matt234:
Hi Guys,
Your opinions will go a long way; and if there's someone who has been in this situation and scaled through, please share their story.

2005 - I applied for a UK student visa but was refused due to insufficient funds and low WAEC grades.
2006 - Changed my name and DOB; got a new passport and applied for another student visa in 2007 and by this time, the UK had started taking biometrics as part of the application process. I was caught and presumably banned for 10 years. The passport used was not returned back to me as they believed that was not my true identity.
All these I did as I was ignorant and just despirate to have a bright future, which I am already having without stepping out of Nigeria.
All my siblings eventually left Nigeria in the struggle and live in US, Canada and France; I am the only one left here for now grin

Fast forward to 2018, I have since graduated from Uni and now working as an analyst for an Oil Company.

Now, I have a fiancee who is settled in the UK and who will eventually be a British citizen in 2019. We plan to get married next year and I am planning to apply for a spose visa. I will declare my previous applications, including the change of name and biometrics, which I believe would now have been deleted as it is over 10 years; however, I am sure there is a likelihood of a refusal under section 320 but I will appreciate if there's someone who has such experience and who can share what they did.
I work full time and I earn a considerably huge amount of salary. I also have a business and few properties and can show a genuine bank account with good cash flow and a balance of over N40m; my fiancee also earns over £30k yearly, so finance is not an issue.
I am confident that I would normally meet the requirements if not for the refusals and ban which happened over 12 years ago.

Going by your experience guys, what do you suggest?

If i was in your shoes i wont even leave Nigeria immediately with such good job plus business and properties..i would wait till she has become a citizen. She can be visiting Nigeria since u may be refused a visit visa. U seem to be doing so well in your job.
New member here by d way...been following silently though, reading and studying every single comment from the beginning...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Extremebeau: 8:46pm On May 06, 2018
[color=#006600][/color][quote author=Kakushia2 post=67162502]

Section 3A b says you can rely upon your earnings from the previous 12 months of continuous salaried employment if you haven’t been in your current job for 6 months. Just need to provide the 12 months payslips and 12 months bank statements

This is correct ...u can use d old and new job.however if u are not able to verify d payslips from d old job its better to wait 6mnths on d new job before applying
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Cyndicate: 11:41pm On May 06, 2018
Hey everyone,
Pardon me as I have questions with regards to the aim of this thread...I’d ask the most pressing one for now as thus:
1. My SPOUSE is an EU citizen, settled in the UK... he wants to come to Nigeria in few months to legalize our bond. I have read nixed&unmatched lines pertaining to the marriage certificate UK recognizes for settlement visa. Must we go to Ikoyi or Abuja registry or can we get married in any other marriage registry besides the aforementioned ones? Would it be affirmed if it’s not from Ikoyi or Abuja??
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:55am On May 07, 2018
Cyndicate:
Hey everyone,
Pardon me as I have questions with regards to the aim of this thread...I’d ask the most pressing one for now as thus:
1. My baby is an EU citizen, settled in the UK... he wants to come to Nigeria in few months to legalize our bond. I have read nixed&unmatched lines pertaining to the marriage certificate UK recognizes for settlement visa. Must we go to Ikoyi or Abuja registry or can we get married in any other marriage registry besides the aforementioned ones? Would it be affirmed if it’s not from Ikoyi or Abuja??

Is he still a baby, baby? I ask because I would not naturally expect a baby to have all the documentations it takes.....

Minors are not usually allowed to apply for spousal visa. The age of consent I think is 18.........

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by SAWA17(f): 2:01pm On May 08, 2018
Divine88:

MY TIMELINE:

Thank you so much guys.

Congratulations oo! Am tapping into it!

All this waiting is actually nerve wrecking....especially with all these holidays!!!

How long on average is the wait to receive a decision (priority)?

Did biometrics on the 9th April.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Divine88: 2:16pm On May 08, 2018
SAWA17:

Congratulations oo! Am tapping into it!

All this waiting is actually nerve wrecking....especially with all these holidays!!!

How long on average is the wait to receive a decision (priority)?

Did biometrics on the 9th April.

Thanks, it is emotionally exhausting to be honest.

30 working days from biometrics I think. Anyways u are still within the timeframe, hopefully u hear from them this week or next week max
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Cyndicate: 7:51am On May 09, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Is he still a baby, baby? I ask because I would not naturally expect a baby to have all the documentations it takes.....

Minors are not usually allowed to apply for spousal visa. The age of consent I think is 18.........

Obviously he isn’t literally a baby, baby... It is quite puzzling and creepy how you’re so pressed about what I called mines.

Funny how trifling creatures be quick to tag someone they know not “minor”....

The age of formal cognitive operational stage I think is 11

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.