Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,267 members, 7,957,658 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:01 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1070050 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 7:04pm On Aug 13, 2014
@ Dunique - First week of November my brother you are truly blessed that is really quick. I know you have been waiting a long time because you got caught up with all the Law. How long have you been in Nigeria for now?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnychic: 9:03pm On Aug 13, 2014
They finally replied. Said that the case is going to court. So that means that they will send the bundle to court.

That was all they said so I guess that means that they didn't overturn their refusal.

Ikato3540:
@Sunnychic,
Thanks a lot!!! Imagine, one month to reply.
Whao!!!! How far with your case? Any new update? Have they sent you the reason why they are sending it to tribunal? Or have they still not come back to you?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mandee8223: 9:59pm On Aug 13, 2014
I have my leave letter from my employer, and I stated that the reason for my visit was to see my only sister whom I haven't seen in a long while and sightseeing. saying I'm far from having my reveiew come out successful is very ............. I think the only info not sent is the tenancy agreement, they live in a three bedroom with no kids or family member, I don't think accommodation should b the problem. for Gods sake I'm only going for two weeks just to give my kids a travelling experience, the oldest is barely 4 and the youngest barely 1. I really do not believe I haven't submitted sufficient documents.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 8:01am On Aug 14, 2014
mandee8223: I have my leave letter from my employer, and I stated that the reason for my visit was to see my only sister whom I haven't seen in a long while and sightseeing. saying I'm far from having my reveiew come out successful is very ............. I think the only info not sent is the tenancy agreement, they live in a three bedroom with no kids or family member, I don't think accommodation should b the problem. for Gods sake I'm only going for two weeks just to give my kids a travelling experience, the oldest is barely 4 and the youngest barely 1. I really do not believe I haven't submitted sufficient documents.

You see, you can submit all the right paperwork but if its not packaged well the decision can sometimes not go in your favour. Remember you have to make it as easy as possible for them to say yes, they are not likely to go beyond what they see in front of their eyes so everything has to be clear and concise. Apart from the documents always attach a statement to your application. This statement should be split into the requirements of your visa eg finance, accommodation, ties to country of origin etc. Then in each section u need to list the documents you've submitted to prove your eligibility for that requirement, explaining how the document supports your application. It may seem obvious but doing this will make your suitability clearer to the ECO and also help you as the applicant identify which areas are light on evidence so that u can provide more information before submitting.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 8:39am On Aug 14, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Dunique - First week of November my brother you are truly blessed that is really quick. I know you have been waiting a long time because you got caught up with all the Law. How long have you been in Nigeria for now?

I have been here for 2 & half years, I wanted to ask if anyone knows from the previous court cases, if people have been favoured in court when clearing a financial requirement case. The SA300/SA302 which is a statement for a self employed account with HRMC, contract letters from employers, 1-2 payslips & a month bank statement is all that was missing and my wife and solicitor have submitted them with the appeal including tax receipts, from my bundle that was sent to my representative, they agreed that I and my wife were and are truly together but still maintained their decision on the financial requirement. I don't know what their point may be in court, that is why I am curious.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 10:30am On Aug 14, 2014
DUNIQUE1:

I have been here for 2 & half years, I wanted to ask if anyone knows from the previous court cases, if people have been favoured in court when clearing a financial requirement case. The SA300/SA302, contract letters, 1-2 payslips & a month bank statement is all that was missing and day wife and solicitor have submitted them with the appeal including tax receipts, from my bundle that was sent to my representative, they agreed that I and my wife were and are truly together but still maintained their decision on the financial requirement. I don't know what their point may be in court, that is why I am curious.

Did you supply 12 months of bank statements with the monthly incomes highlighted along with evidence of each of these incomes eg payslips or receipts? If your bank statements clearly show incomes totalling/exceeding the threshold then u may need to look in to validating the source. Letters from work/contractors on headed paper with contact details validating your supplied documents could help your case.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mandee8223: 10:45am On Aug 14, 2014
I wrote a personal statement explaining all the documents I sent in and my documents were well packaged, I still haven't seen any reason I was refused. anyway, its not a do or die affair, im keeping my fingers crossed for the response from the admin review. whatever b the case I'm not desperate, just wanted to spend some good time away from work with my kids and to b with my only sister who has been away for some years now. I mean kini big deal?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 11:45am On Aug 14, 2014
girlfio:

Did you supply 12 months of bank statements with the monthly incomes highlighted along with evidence of each of these incomes eg payslips or receipts? If your bank statements clearly show incomes totalling/exceeding the threshold then u may need to look in to validating the source. Letters from work/contractors on headed paper with contact details validating your supplied documents could help your case.

They claimed to not see 2 months bank statement and 2 payslip, I used combined income which is self employed and employed, although our SA300/SA302 was there, they still said it wasn't, all that have been included in the appeal and also employer's contract letters with tax payment receipts, I just don't know what else they may say at the end of the day, if my wife paid close to 3000 pounds for tax calculated on 20000 pounds earning, then who are they to be condemning our paper works? everything was sorted by an accountant and we paid the professional too.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 5:03pm On Aug 14, 2014
DUNIQUE1:

They claimed to not see 2 months bank statement and 2 payslip, I used combined income which is self employed and employed, although our SA300/SA302 was there, they still said it wasn't, all that have been included in the appeal and also employer's contract letters with tax payment receipts, I just don't know what else they may say at the end of the day, if my wife paid close to 3000 pounds for tax calculated on 20000 pounds earning, then who are they to be condemning our paper works? everything was sorted by an accountant and we paid the professional too.

Since they are not questioning the validity of the documents, all u should have to do is present the documents they claim to have not seen to the judge. Do you have a copy of all the documents submitted for the appeal? They can't ask you to respond to anything outside of the refusal points noted in your determination letter.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 7:05pm On Aug 14, 2014
@ Dunique - Yes two in a half years is a long time. I feel for you. By this time next year you will be enjoying next summer with your wife.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by bassy10113: 8:57am On Aug 15, 2014
Hello house..i applied for uk settlement visa on 2 of July and sent my supporting document on 7th of july..but till now..i haven't received any email from sheffield office acknowledging the receipt of the document....and my tracking status still reads...your visa application forwarded to BHC...plz house enlighten on what to do....and any one with email of sheffield office.....thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 9:32am On Aug 15, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Dunique - Yes two in a half years is a long time. I feel for you. By this time next year you will be enjoying next summer with your wife.

I pray so, Amen and thank you so much, may your prayers get answered too.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 9:39am On Aug 15, 2014
girlfio:

Since they are not questioning the validity of the documents, all u should have to do is present the documents they claim to have not seen to the judge. Do you have a copy of all the documents submitted for the appeal? They can't ask you to respond to anything outside of the refusal points noted in your determination letter.

Thanks so much for your regular advise and encouragement. God will bless you abundantly.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 9:53am On Aug 15, 2014
bassy10113: Hello house..i applied for uk settlement visa on 2 of July and sent my supporting document on 7th of july..but till now..i haven't received any email from sheffield office acknowledging the receipt of the document....and my tracking status still reads...your visa application forwarded to BHC...plz house enlighten on what to do....and any one with email of sheffield office.....thanks

I don't believe the status update changes when they receive your documents, only when the application has been processed. As long as you have proof that the documents have been signed for by the tracking service you should be fine. You can send an email to visasheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to confirm receipt but they may take a while to get back to you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by bassy10113: 9:58am On Aug 15, 2014
@ girlfio.....please how long does it take for the result to be out. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 15, 2014
bassy10113: @ girlfio.....please how long does it take for the result to be out. Thanks

@bassy10113 i applied in April and currently in 15weeks now and waiting, Sheffield is currently backlogged with a lot of applications, they have only just started attending to march/april non priority applications. so i suggest you exercise a little patience but still email them again with your reference number for confirmation on receipt of your application.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 7:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
We just live and hope for good positive news.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by shelair1: 9:30pm On Aug 15, 2014
@Girlflo i ve emailed them twice an both times their reply says that they ve not received my determination, but the tribunal cnfirms that they ve sent it since july 4. what do i do i am goin unto the 7th week . thks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 11:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
shelair1: @Girlflo i ve emailed them twice an both times their reply says that they ve not received my determination, but the tribunal cnfirms that they ve sent it since july 4. what do i do i am goin unto the 7th week . thks

That's ridiculous, they should have received that by now. I think u should call the Tribunal office, when they confirm its been sent ask them if it can be re-sent since Sheffield have not received it. Take the name of the person you are speaking to and ask for their email address. Then send an email to Sheffield, copy in the Tribunal office and advise them that you've asked that the determination is re-sent. If you have the determination letter it might also be worth scanning it and attaching it to the email for their reference. Then keep chasing the Tribunal until they confirm that the letter has been re-sent and received by Sheffield.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by shelair1: 12:21pm On Aug 16, 2014
@/Girflo thanks for the advice
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dammylizzy: 10:13pm On Aug 16, 2014
Hello people, I've been waiting for 4 months expecting an update on my spouse settlement application but heard nothing till now. I sent them an email and the response I got is that my application is still awaiting the assessment. Please has anyone been waiting this long too for spouse settlement visa? Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 9:41am On Aug 17, 2014
@ Dammylizzy - Sheffield are currently experiencing a backlog of applications, hopefully you should here something within the next month or so. Be patient.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dammylizzy: 2:20pm On Aug 17, 2014
@Hopeforallone, many thanks for the response.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by kellyemms: 2:18am On Aug 19, 2014
Hello! Im currently a student in the uk. I am married to a uk citizen. Please what are the documents i need for my spouse visa application
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 12:57pm On Aug 19, 2014
kellyemms: Hello! Im currently a student in the uk. I am married to a uk citizen. Please what are the documents i need for my spouse visa application

First thing u need to do is go on the UKBA website, print off the application form along with the guidelines. There may have been some changes but basically u need to provide documents that evidence your relationship - emails, photos etc, suitability of accommodation - rent/ownership etc, finance of the UK spouse - payslips, bank statements, etc, Identification - passports etc and the English language competency. Along with these you will need to write up a statement detailing how each submitted document supports your application.

Basically you need to need to approach this like its a job. First make sure you meet all the requirements and then gather your evidence to prove it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 6:15pm On Aug 22, 2014
Quest am the only one waiting for my appeal from Sheffield. undecided
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 7:17pm On Aug 23, 2014
willwin2: Quest am the only one waiting for my appeal from Sheffield. undecided

Nope you are not alone. I'm in my 15th week
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by cosemiha(m): 2:43pm On Aug 24, 2014
@Mandee2288 and any other prospective applicant for the UK visiting visa, my opinion (unprofessional) for a good application is as follows:
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by cosemiha(m): 3:02pm On Aug 24, 2014
[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]@Mandee2288 and any other prospective applicant for the UK visiting visa, my opinion (unprofessional) for a good application is as follows:
1. Personal situation: letter of employment ( if employed), payslips spanning previous 6-9 months, letter of authority to travel from husband (if travelling without husband), pictures of yourself and children, marriage certificates ( registry & church/mosque..with pictures), copy of work ID Card, letter of introduction from your own employer stating position, salary date and knowledge of travel vis a vis leave notice. This list is non-exhaustive.
2. Relative abroad: Original letter of invitation stating willingness to accommodate for a stated period and vouching for invitee's character, original or color scanned copy of utility bill ( water bill, tenancy or mortgage agreement..this serves as a proof of address), bank statement ( not ATM PRINT-OUT), pictures with relative.
3. Financial: Bank statement stamped by bank plus/minus letter of reference from own bank, tax clearance covering income tax ( gotten from FIRS), any other statement of account but without recent bulk in-payments. it doesn't matter if your balance is between 400k or 800k..what matters is the activity over the 6 month period.
...You really don't need your hubby's company referencing you..except if they are sponsoring your trip
Cheers and all the best
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 7:51am On Aug 28, 2014
@ Hopeforallone, it is almost September & I know what you will be feeling right now. God is in control and you will come out victorious in this, I wish the same for myself, at the moment I am looking for funds to hire an IL for my case.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 9:49am On Aug 28, 2014
DUNIQUE1: @ Hopeforallone, it is almost September & I know what you will be feeling right now. God is in control and you will come out victorious in this, I wish the same for myself, at the moment I am looking for funds to hire an IL for my case.

@Hopeforall, I do sincerely hope you are overreacting and that things would be a lot easier than you think they would be. My deadline too is in September so it's a decisive month for us both.

@Dunique, how much did you eventually get an IL for? What is the price range just Incase I go down this lane too..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 10:06am On Aug 28, 2014
willwin2: Quest am the only one waiting for my appeal from Sheffield. undecided

@will win, on what grounds were you refused for in your initial application? And when is your 19 week deadline due to run out?

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (511) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.