Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865049 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:55pm On Jun 06, 2012
olaremy2k: ....no,this is my email..olaremy2k@yahoo.co.uk

Then i did not get the email, try and re-send it or post the question here
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by olaremy2k: 6:28pm On Jun 06, 2012
justwise:

Then i did not get the email, try and re-send it or post the question here
...i sent it to u as a message here on nairaland
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:45pm On Jun 06, 2012
olaremy2k: ...i sent it to u as a message here on nairaland

I just saw it now, all along i was thinking it was about UK student visa issue, my knowledge about Canadian student visa rules are limited, you will get appropriate responses from the guys in Canadian visa thread. Sorry for the mixed-up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by olaremy2k: 6:58pm On Jun 06, 2012
justwise:

I just saw it now, all along i was thinking it was about UK student visa issue, my knowledge about Canadian student visa rules are limited, you will get appropriate responses from the guys in Canadian visa thread. Sorry for the mixed-up.
...ok thanx,am proud of u
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bossman4: 11:34pm On Jun 07, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful job on this forum. I have been following it for quite a while and I will love to have one or two advice/clarifications.

I have quite a number of offers from schools in Uk and I am currently awaiting scholarship decisions (I applied to many schools in order to have various opportunities for scholarship). I observe that most of the results for scholarships might not come in until mid July/August and I have decided to go ahead with the visa application with the fund in my account in order to meet the deadline.

My fear is if i apply to a particular school and I am granted visa based on my admission to the school, would I be able to use the Visa if i decide to opt for another school entirely (if the latter school end up giving me a better offer) or otherwise should I wait for the decisions before making my visa application.

I will appreciate you advice.

God bless.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:06am On Jun 08, 2012
boss-man:
Thank you for the wonderful job on this forum. I have been following it for quite a while and I will love to have one or two advice/clarifications.

I have quite a number of offers from schools in Uk and I am currently awaiting scholarship decisions (I applied to many schools in order to have various opportunities for scholarship). I observe that most of the results for scholarships might not come in until mid July/August and I have decided to go ahead with the visa application with the fund in my account in order to meet the deadline.

My fear is if i apply to a particular school and I am granted visa based on my admission to the school, would I be able to use the Visa if i decide to opt for another school entirely (if the latter school end up giving me a better offer) or otherwise should I wait for the decisions before making my visa application.

I will appreciate you advice.

God bless.

Unfortunately no, your visa is tied to the university that gave you admission.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bossman4: 8:47am On Jun 08, 2012
Thank you justwise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chinakobo(m): 2:53pm On Jun 09, 2012
Hello
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:11pm On Jun 09, 2012
china_kobo: Hello Justwise, i will likw to know if the money in my account should be in naira or pounds.
Also there is an error on my birth month in my waec certificate which i used to apply for my masters admission.I have got my CAS number, but i want to know if i should go to waec for a letter of undertaken stating that i am the owner of the certificate. Thanks

You can use naira or pounds account, many use naira account without any problem.

Yes get a letter from WAEC.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lanrewajew(m): 10:23am On Jun 11, 2012
Hello Justwise,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lanrewajew(m): 10:24am On Jun 11, 2012
Hello Justwise,

I am yet to receive my toefl certificate after giving the exam in early march. The school insist on seeing my certificate before issuing cas.
What am I going to do? My bank statement is ready and all I'm waiting for is the ets to answer me.
What step should I take now? Time is a luxury I can't afford now.
Tnx
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:16am On Jun 11, 2012
lanrewajew: Hello Justwise,

I am yet to receive my toefl certificate after giving the exam in early march. The school insist on seeing my certificate before issuing cas.
What am I going to do? My bank statement is ready and all I'm waiting for is the ets to answer me.
What step should I take now? Time is a luxury I can't afford now.
Tnx

Where did you take the TOEFI exam?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lanrewajew(m): 11:18am On Jun 11, 2012
justwise:

Where did you take the TOEFI exam?
First Logic Ikeja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:20am On Jun 11, 2012
lanrewajew:
First Logic Ikeja

Never heard of them, but have you gone there to ask for the result?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lanrewajew(m): 11:56am On Jun 11, 2012
FirstLogic/Integral Technologies Ltd. They are on d ets website as exam centre. I was told the certificate will be sent to the postal address I filled in during registration.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 11, 2012
Hi justwise and everyone that has been contributing to this topic, it has really been enlightening. I however have a few questions that need answers and implore that you help.
I have gotten an acceptance offer from the London school of Business and finance to study CIMA+MBA, the MBA is kinda like an addition to the CIMA study cos once you finish your CIMA with them, you get exemptions from the MBA and just write 2 exams and a thesis to get it. The CIMA tuition fees is £4410 and the MBA exam and dissertation fees is £1598 payable by december 2014.
I have paid the CIMA tuition fees and want to apply for a student VISA, my dilema now is should I include the remaining £1598 to the £7200 required for visa application seeing that it's not payable until Dec 2014?
Secondly I run a savings account and just realised that I won't be able to print an aCcount statement for Visa processing, I i'm thinking of fixing the money required for 28 days, is that okay?
I anticipate your replies
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:31pm On Jun 11, 2012
aniiseg: Hi justwise and everyone that has been contributing to this topic, it has really been enlightening. I however have a few questions that need answers and implore that you help.
I have gotten an acceptance offer from the London school of Business and finance to study CIMA+MBA, the MBA is kinda like an addition to the CIMA study cos once you finish your CIMA with them, you get exemptions from the MBA and just write 2 exams and a thesis to get it. The CIMA tuition fees is £4410 and the MBA exam and dissertation fees is £1598 payable by december 2014.
I have paid the CIMA tuition fees and want to apply for a student VISA, my dilema now is should I include the remaining £1598 to the £7200 required for visa application seeing that it's not payable until Dec 2014?
Secondly I run a savings account and just realised that I won't be able to print an aCcount statement for Visa processing, I i'm thinking of fixing the money required for 28 days, is that okay?
I anticipate your replies
Thanks

You don't have to include the £1598, and maintenance money for London is £9000 now, not £7200 any more.

Why can't you print bank statement from savings account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dapto(m): 12:45pm On Jun 14, 2012
@Justwise,Oga,I hail thee

Pls,I want to get a clarification on the maintenance fund issue.With d new UKBA directive that a min deposit of £1,000 shud be made towards accomodation,does it mean the maintenance fund (£7,200 in my case) will be reduced by £1,000,so I will av to keep a total of £6,200 in my acct for 28 days.Also,which of the hospitals around is accreditated to perform the TB test.Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:11pm On Jun 14, 2012
Dapto:
@Justwise,Oga,I hail thee

Pls,I want to get a clarification on the maintenance fund issue.With d new UKBA directive that a min deposit of £1,000 shud be made towards accomodation,does it mean the maintenance fund (£7,200 in my case) will be reduced by £1,000,so I will av to keep a total of £6,200 in my acct for 28 days.Also,which of the hospitals around is accreditated to perform the TB test.Thanks

You don't have to deposit for accommodation, but if you do then yes you will deduct the amount you deposited for accommodation from the maintenance money but you have to show the receipt of that payment.

I never read anywhere that a prospective student need to have TB test before coming to the UK, if there is need for one they will conduct one at the airport before you are allowed into the country.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 3:17am On Jun 15, 2012
justwise: [/b]

You don't have to deposit for accommodation, but if you do then yes you will deduct the amount you deposited for accommodation from the maintenance money but you have to show the receipt of that payment.

I never read anywhere that a prospective student need to have TB test before coming to the UK, if there is need for one they will conduct one at the airport before you are allowed into the country.

@JUSTWISE; FROM THE TIER 4 GUIDANCE NOTES, IT SAYS THE MAXIMUM THEY CAN DEDUCT FOR ACCOMMODATION FROM YOUR MAINTENANCE FEE IS 1,000POUNDS EVEN IF YOU PAID EVERYTHING... CAN U CONFIRM THIS?

STILL WAITING FOR A-ZED TO COME GIVE US NEWS O
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:36am On Jun 15, 2012
kunlewoye:

@JUSTWISE; FROM THE TIER 4 GUIDANCE NOTES, IT SAYS THE MAXIMUM THEY CAN DEDUCT FOR ACCOMMODATION FROM YOUR MAINTENANCE FEE IS 1,000POUNDS EVEN IF YOU PAID EVERYTHING... CAN U CONFIRM THIS?

STILL WAITING FOR A-ZED TO COME GIVE US NEWS O

You do not have to deposit for accommodation in advance, its not part of the requirements, however, if you do deposit . . .£1000 for example then deduct that from the maintenance money that need to be shown.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 15, 2012
TB testing will be stopped at airports because UK is saving money. Nigeria has been added to list of high incidence countries. New regulation says applicants are to test and show proof before they leave their country.
Its on the UKBA website
They haven't stated authorised centers maybe BHC may know.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:44pm On Jun 15, 2012
salsera: TB testing will be stopped at airports because UK is saving money. Nigeria has been added to list of high incidence countries. New regulation says applicants are to test and show proof before they leave their country.
Its on the UKBA website

Thanks for that info, never knew about that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 15, 2012
[quote author=salsera]TB testing will be stopped at airports because UK is saving money. Nigeria has been added to list of high incidence countries. New regulation says applicants are to test and show proof before they leave their country.
Its on the UKBA website
It is true that Nigeria has been added to the list, it will not take effect until 2013. I read this some weeks back on the ukba nigeria site.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 15, 2012
Pre-entry screening for
migrants to tackle tuberculosis
in the UK
29 May 2012
A pre-entry
tuberculosis (TB)
screening
programme for
applicants wishing to
come to the UK will
be extended to 67 high incidence
countries over the next 18 months,
including Nigeria.
We will not implement the
programme in Nigeria until 2013. If
you are applying for a visa in 2012
you will not be affected.
The new procedure will mean if you
are applying for a UK visa from
Nigeria for 6 months or more,
regardless of your nationality, you
must be screened before you apply
for a UK visa. This will not apply to
tourists, business visitors or other
visitors, going for less than 6
months.
We will make further
announcements about the
programme in Nigeria on this
website.
Further information on the TB
screening programme can be found
in our recent announcement
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 8:08am On Jun 16, 2012
@Justwise, sorry you did not understand my previous post. If u pay 3000 to the school for accomodation, the maximum UKBA will deduct from the money you wld need to show for maintenance is 1000 Pounds, not 3000, and dats even IF you choose school accommodation o. If you choose to arrange your accomodation privately then they will deduct NOTHING from your 9k or 7200 maintenance that you need to show regardless of how much u paid
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:19am On Jun 16, 2012
kunlewoye: @Justwise, sorry you did not understand my previous post. If u pay 3000 to the school for accomodation, the maximum UKBA will deduct from the money you wld need to show for maintenance is 1000 Pounds, not 3000, and dats even IF you choose school accommodation o. If you choose to arrange your accomodation privately then they will deduct NOTHING from your 9k or 7200 maintenance that you need to show regardless of how much u paid

Source pls.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by richeyy(m): 11:45am On Jun 16, 2012
God bless you Justwise.

I have a conditional offer (IELTS & £3,000 minimum deposit) from RGU. I have my minimum deposit with me & will be writing the IELTS month's end. Apart from the £7,200 for maintenance, do I need to show BHC any money for airfares?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:54am On Jun 16, 2012
richeyy: God bless you Justwise.

I have a conditional offer (IELTS & £3,000 minimum deposit) from RGU. I have my minimum deposit with me & will be writing the IELTS month's end. Apart from the £7,200 for maintenance, do I need to show BHC any money for airfares?

How about the remaining school fees? £3000 is just the deposit.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by richeyy(m): 12:08pm On Jun 16, 2012
justwise:

How about the remaining school fees? £3000 is just the deposit.

Yes Justwise! The remaining balance is about £6,000 and I know I'll have to add it to the £7,200 for visa purposes. I want to know if BHC sees the £7,200 MF as provision for airfares.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:05pm On Jun 16, 2012
richeyy:

Yes Justwise! The remaining balance is about £6,000 and I know I'll have to add it to the £7,200 for visa purposes. I want to know if BHC sees the £7,200 MF as provision for airfares.

You don't need to show any other money apart from the £7200 and your remaining fees.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.